RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Culture Rot
by joecool Yesterday at 8:26 pm

» May 2024 Thread
by joecool May 17th 2024, 10:35 am

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool May 11th 2024, 11:12 am

» What Your Outpost Did This Week.
by Claymore May 6th 2024, 1:00 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Jameskostich May 2nd 2024, 2:34 pm

» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool May 2nd 2024, 9:48 am

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool April 30th 2024, 3:15 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17129 messages in 1006 subjects

Culture Rot

+6
RRCmdrBennett
joecool
Canadarangers
Phillip Gross
strods
Mark Jones
10 posters

Page 27 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

Culture Rot - Page 27 Empty Re: Culture Rot

Post by Claymore July 2nd 2022, 3:34 pm

So, this is the headline on the Internet from the Guardian Newspaper:

"Alarm as US supreme court takes a hatchet to church-state separation

A series of court decisions has raised fears that the conservative majority are forcing religion back …"

The Guardian Newspaper was created in 1936 to:

"secure the financial and editorial independence of The Guardian in perpetuity and to safeguard the journalistic freedom and liberal values...."

So, here is the rub:

The Guardian is out of Manchester, England.

It seems that the Leftist Culture IS a world-wide plot that hates to see religious or conservative freedoms exist, anywhere in the world.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool July 2nd 2022, 9:28 pm

Claymore wrote: It seems that the Leftist Culture IS a world-wide plot that hates to see religious or conservative freedoms exist, anywhere in the world.

And then there's the recent quote by Biden's director of the National Economic Council. In responding to a question about high gas prices, he said, "This is about the future of the liberal world order and we have to stand firm." I hate this quote more than George H.W. Bush's "new world order."

Classic liberalism went extinct many years ago. What we're seeing now is beyond just being ignorant of reality. Leftists around the world have joined together in a cabal of corruption and calamity and their purpose is just what you said. I think it entirely possible that the elites at the top know that Satan is guiding them. "Absolute power corrupts absolutely." - Lord Acton
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool July 22nd 2022, 11:15 am

A survey's results were released today, indicating that 55% of Democrats were not hostile to the term "minor-attracted person." Some in academia and the psychiatric profession have been popularizing the term in recent years. If you haven't figured it out already, they're talking about pedophiles, and they're working to de-stigmatize and legalize their actions.

A few years ago, buried somewhere in this thread, I brought something up concerning how liberals disdain us and call us haters for our unbending stance on various cultural issues. My response was this: Everyone, including liberals, has a cultural line that they just won't cross. And the time would soon come when liberals would take a stand on an issue, and say "No more! Do not cross this line!" I further predicted that the far-left would then tar-and-feather these liberals and call them whatever-phobes for their stand.

But now it looks like fewer and fewer liberals will take that stand. They are accepting of more and more...dare I say it? Yeah, I will. EVIL.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool July 28th 2022, 7:04 pm

Incredibly busy month, taking care of extended family problems. But before I passed out last night, I got to thinking about something and looked it up today. Yes, there really is a Theory of Unintended Consequences, laid out by Robert K Merton in 1936. He identified the causes of bad outcomes as:

1) Ignorance. Lack of knowledge, experience, expertise and prudent investigation of a problem.

2) Error. Incorrect reasoning, analysis techniques and interpretation of a problem.

3) Short-termism. Focus on short-term goals and incentives over long-term, sustainable or more sizeable benefits.

4) Dogmatism. Sticking to values, axioms and policies which are ancient, insufficient, out of touch or out of depth.

5) Self-defeating prophecies. Fear, preparation for disaster and playing it safe often make the system overcompensate in defense, leading to the unintended consequence of the expected disaster not occurring.

Understanding that there is "nothing new under the sun," is there by chance a modern #6 cause for unintended consequences? Or is all the bad stuff happening over the last couple of years actually and purposefully intended?
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 July 29th 2022, 2:31 pm

joecool wrote:But now it looks like fewer and fewer liberals will take that stand. They are accepting of more and more...dare I say it? Yeah, I will. EVIL.

Just when you think things cant get any worse....

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool August 19th 2022, 11:51 am

An extended family member, trying to justify her cultural beliefs, says that God needs to keep up with her generation. To me, that sounds like she is calling the Creator a "boomer," who can now be retired to a rocking chair and largely ignored. But it's dangerous to elevate yourself into the position of being a little god. History shows how badly that always goes.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool August 30th 2022, 4:12 pm

A manly article that's good for what ails us.

https://stream.org/what-the-left-fears-most-the-church-militant/
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool September 2nd 2022, 2:17 pm

I'll try not to get political here, but I do want to make a point. We have a president who has described one-third of Americans as "semi-fascist." That's after he and his party have over-used the term "racist," to the point of the word losing its effect and even meaning. What's next?

You can see it already, coming from lower-level politicians, and it will be used by the upper level ones in our lifetime. And because using the term in a derogatory manner will be backed by the full power of our government, as well as the media and corporate America, many people will be cowed. Worse, many people will deny being associated with "Christian." After all, Judas did.

Prove me wrong. Better yet, prove Scripture wrong.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore September 2nd 2022, 8:22 pm

If you had taken last night's speech, and replaced the words "Maga Republicans" with "Juden", you would have had a rally speech from 1938 Germany.

(Throw a few books on the fire too, Joe.)

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool September 3rd 2022, 9:22 am

"There's never been a conflict with me between law and order and dignity; they're one and the same."

"I represent all of you, whether you voted for me or against me. And I'm going to make sure you're represented."

- Joe Biden
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool September 5th 2022, 9:51 am

When the heirs and leaders of the Disney empire doubled down on their sexual grooming of children, how many of you vowed to never watch their programming again? How many of you slipped back into your old viewing habits? How many of you didn't change to start with? I know, we all still want Walt and all the good that he did. But times have changed.

Showing right now on Disney+ in Australia (and then on Hulu) is their newly created children's cartoon series, "Little Demon." The lead girl is literally the spawn of Satan.

It's not your father's Disney anymore. And it shouldn't be your kids', either. Just my two cents' worth.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore September 5th 2022, 1:06 pm

I managed to get my wife to quit the "Disney Movie Club". I argued that throwing $30.00 per month to that organization is in full conflict with our beliefs.

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool September 5th 2022, 1:17 pm

Claymore wrote:I managed to get my wife to quit the "Disney Movie Club".  I argued that throwing $30.00 per month to that organization is in full conflict with our beliefs.

Well done. We need millions more to do the same. In related news...My wife ordered some pricey skin creams from a church friend. My wife read the fine print on the bottle and showed it to me. Cannabis by-products. CBD oils and all of that seem to be the rage, whether they work or not, or are just the latest unproven snake oil. Caveat emptor. But here's the deal. You can buy all that stuff and use it, but where do you think the rest of the plant is going? They don't throw it away. It's sold and smoked. We refuse to support that industry.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool September 16th 2022, 12:24 pm

I don't know much about Christ Church in Moscow, Idaho, but I do know that the mainstream media has suddenly decided to "out" them...as a Bible-believing congregation. They are "masculine," "incendiary", and a "dominionist cult", according to LGBTQ+MYNAMEISLEGION spokespeople and a local Unitarian priestess.

There was an obscure article 10 months ago about Christ Church's desire to make this liberal college town more Christian. (Gee, what Jesus-following church wouldn't say something like that?) Now it's network-newsworthy. I guess their ministry is working.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool September 25th 2022, 9:34 pm

Those of you who know me well can attest to my respect for law enforcement. I believe that they have the hardest job imaginable right now. Most of them start their shift knowing that things can go south at any given moment. Yet they keep on going out there, even when they know their non-blue political superiors don't have their back.

Yet I cringe time and time again when the FBI's leadership decides not to lead, but instead chips away at the public's trust in them. Their leadership appears to be taking their marching orders from the worst partisan elements in the Dept of Justice. And I'm not even referring to all the anti-Trump stuff.

A summer's-worth of abortion-inspired attacks on churches and pro-life pregnancy centers hasn't produced a single arrest. In the past few days, a teenager was run down and killed by a rabid leftist, a leader of a pro-life Catholic men's group was arrested in a huge FBI SWAT raid, and an elderly woman was shot as she walked away from an abortion-loving wacko's home. This is what happens when the FBI leadership tilts the scales of justice. Leftists rightfully believe that they get a pass, one that's been going on for a few years now.

Whistle-blowing agents are talking to congressmen, but what are they going to do about it? Nothing. Still waiting...

...for the Rapture.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool October 6th 2022, 10:46 am

And it happens again. Last year in Tennessee, some pro-lifers were given trespassing tickets at a medical building and told to have a nice day. Yesterday, with guns drawn, FBI agents tried to make an arrest of one of them (he wasn't home).

All of this reminds me of when the Clinton administration destroyed pro-life activists with the RICO Act. Do church-going, Christian-claiming abortion supporters really think that they'll enter the pearly gates? Scripture doesn't seem to favor them, whether they're just ignorant, or willingly deceitful.

"There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth..." Jesus
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore October 10th 2022, 2:02 pm

joecool,

I know that you haven't received many replies in this thread.

It is NOT because we don't agree with you. It's just that you pretty-well sum it up, and there's not much more to be added (other than to get angry and frustrated).

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool October 10th 2022, 4:29 pm

Claymore wrote:joecool, I know that you haven't received many replies in this thread. It is NOT because we don't agree with you.  It's just that you pretty-well sum it up, and there's not much more to be added (other than to get angry and frustrated).

Misery loves company.

On a brighter note, Joe Biden's Selective Service System just released updated requirements for a certain segment of the populace. If you were born a male, but now identify as, or have transitioned to, being a female...you STILL have to register for the draft. HA-HA!!! It appears that even the woke-sters have a limit to how far they will go.
LOL
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore October 10th 2022, 6:55 pm

In the Paratroops, you could "transition" to Straight-Leg ONCE, by refusing to jump.

At that time, you were seated in the aircraft, your equipment was inspected for defect, you were stripped of your wings, and referred to the Chain of Command for UCMJ and reassignment.

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool November 22nd 2022, 5:53 pm

What?! The NHL is supporting a "Team Trans Draft Tournament" in Wisconsin for trans-gendered and non-binary players. Ridiculous. What's the point? Who's running all of these once manly corporations that have gone wildly woke?

What's next? A trans Miss America? Wait! Recently in New Hampshire, a city-level affiliate of Miss America picked a trans as their winner. "It" is three times the size of the real female competitors, one of whom was cheated out of a crown and scholarship by insane judges. I have a grand-niece who competed for queen on the rodeo circuit. It takes an incredible amount of work to be a serious contender. But non-serious judges can make a mockery out of normal.

joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool November 25th 2022, 10:22 pm

Wise insight from an anonymous Twitter poster:

"I think the Right needs to start funding more artists, filmmakers and writers, instead of politicians and super-PACS. You don't win a naval war without ships, and you can't win a culture war without any culture."

It wasn't all that long ago that Christians dominated the culture. Art, music, literature, you name it. It was contemplative and beautiful, and it pointed towards the Creator. How do we get that back?

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things." (Philippians 4:8 ) Perhaps we should add to that..."buy such things," or "buy tickets to see such things." Help to make the right things go viral.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool December 7th 2022, 10:19 am

The left tries to outdo itself, seemingly day by day. The more radical their "truth" claim, the better. It seems that it's the only thing that temporarily placates their appetite for chaos and attention.

Hmm. What if Christians did the same, but in a scriptural way? Would we gradually approach a level of truth claims and accompanying action that mirrors what the disciples did? Would we become more genuinely Christ-like? No doubt about it. It would take a lot of boldness on our part.

"The wicked man flees though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion." (Proverbs 28:1)
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool December 7th 2022, 5:39 pm

In 1983, the esteemed writer Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn said:

What emerges here is a process of universal significance. And if I were called upon to identify briefly the principal trait of the entire 20th century, here too, I would be unable to find anything more precise and pithy than to repeat once again: 'Men have forgotten God.'

Four decades have passed, and the evil accelerates unchecked. Keep your lamps lit.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool December 8th 2022, 4:12 pm

A couple of the main tenets of today's leftists are: 1) there's no right and wrong; and 2) no culture is better than another.

If they really believe that, then why are they so militant about cancelling America's past, along with tearing down statues and institutions? Why are they adamant about making Christianity disappear?

Just wondering.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore December 8th 2022, 6:27 pm

In reading Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn's Gulag Archipelligo, it is amazing as to how inhumane the Communists could be to their people.

The Government figured that they needed a certain percentage of their population to be slave labor in the camps, and so they gave the police quotas to fill. Just arrest them and send them away. They did go before a judge, but only to be found guilty; there was no trial.

There was no liability on the police if they made a "bad" arrest, but there WAS liability, if they did not fill their arrest quotas for that month. The result: if you happened to get their attention near the end of a poor month, you were going to the prison camps (minimum sentence: 8 years).

A woman walked into a police station with a question. They had raided the apartment next to hers, arrested the parents, and left a crying baby. Who would take care of the baby?

The desk officer went to the supervisor to get an answer. A few minutes later, 2 officers came out, and arrested the woman (as they were short on numbers for the month).

8 to 10 years in a Forced Labor Camp for asking.

And don't think that Leftists wouldn't do the same to us, if they could get away with it.

(And now, Boys & Girls, you know why the Ukrainians are resisting so ferociously).

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum