RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» What Your Outpost Did This Week.
by Claymore Today at 1:00 pm

» May 2024 Thread
by ccm2361 May 4th 2024, 11:39 am

» They Still Remember....
by Jameskostich May 2nd 2024, 2:34 pm

» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool May 2nd 2024, 9:48 am

» Culture Rot
by joecool April 30th 2024, 7:22 pm

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool April 30th 2024, 3:15 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool April 19th 2024, 10:37 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17119 messages in 1006 subjects

Culture Rot

+6
RRCmdrBennett
joecool
Canadarangers
Phillip Gross
strods
Mark Jones
10 posters

Page 26 of 31 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

Culture Rot - Page 26 Empty Re: Culture Rot

Post by Claymore March 23rd 2022, 2:06 pm

This is what happens when you have professional "Shysters" making the laws and interpreting & enforcing them.

Ralph Warner writes, "Lawyers were actually banned outright or faced tight restrictions in many colonies for much of the 18th century. Especially in Puritan New England, Quaker communities in Pennsylvania and Dutch settlements in New York, colonists firmly believed that disputes were best solved within the community, often by church-sponsored mediation.

The "Body of Liberties" adopted by the Massachusetts Bay Colony in 1641 expressed the typical attitudes of the time:

"Every man that finds himself unfit to plead his own cause in any court shall have liberty to employ any man ..., provided he give him no fee or reward for his pain."

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool March 29th 2022, 11:47 pm

Claymore wrote: The "Body of Liberties" adopted by the Massachusetts Bay Colony in 1641 expressed the typical attitudes of the time:

"Every man that finds himself unfit to plead his own cause in any court shall have liberty to employ any man ..., provided he give him no fee or reward for his pain."

And then entered the first American lobbyist who got the rules changed. Too bad they didn't forsee that happening.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool March 30th 2022, 12:52 pm

Walt, we miss you.

The news coming out of Disney, Inc. in the last 10 days has been nothing short of Satan-inspired evil and madness. It started with the arrest of Disney employees on pedophilia-related charges. It continued with the dropping of their long-used park entrance greetings. No longer will they hold to two genders, opting for 67, or whatever the number is these days. And then came the release of a video, showing very senior Disney officials saying that they need to reach a goal of 50% LGBTyadda-yadda characters, and that the "queering of kids" will accelerate.

Whoever recently started to use a particular phrase in reporting the direction of these progressives, it was brilliant. "Grooming kids for sex," all the way down to kindergartners. That's what it boils down to. And Florida governor Desantis is right on target, fighting against it.

Anybody who has paid attention to culture rot has seen this coming. Do you still buy Disney products or let your kids watch their programming? It's about to get much worse.

"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore March 30th 2022, 6:50 pm

I was just speaking with the wife about this.

When I was a kid, my Disney heroes were Davey Crocket and Daniel Boone.

(How's that for "Toxic Masculinity"?)

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool March 30th 2022, 11:16 pm

Claymore wrote: When I was a kid, my Disney heroes were Davey Crocket and Daniel Boone.

"Daniel Boone was a man, yes a biiiiiig man..."
Guitar

Davey and Daniel were real life heroes, literal trailblazers who helped turn the wilderness into the Promised Land. Who's taking over these days? Pajama-wearing, basement-dwelling soy boys. And that reminds me of tough guy Will Smith. He defended his wife's "honor" by slapping a guy who told a joke. Will Smith, who admits to letting his wife sleep around with other men.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 April 8th 2022, 6:01 pm

joecool wrote:The news coming out of Disney, Inc. in the last 10 days has been nothing short of Satan-inspired evil and madness.

Aint that the truth Culture Rot - Page 26 2410941

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool April 8th 2022, 7:43 pm

ccm2361 wrote:
joecool wrote:The news coming out of Disney, Inc. in the last 10 days has been nothing short of Satan-inspired evil and madness.  

Aint that the truth  Culture Rot - Page 26 2410941

A news report today says that a Disney-owned minor cruise line company advertised to take kids to Jeffrey Epstein's island for snorkeling trips. This went on for several years, and after Epstein became a registered child-sex offender. Why would Disney do this? The optics are bad. Or did Epstein pay to get the optics?

------------------------

During a press conference yesterday, Jen Psaki said that the federal government will use the US Constitution to  protect the rights of kids to change their gender. (Where does it say that? Kind of like the abortion thing, right?) She was responding to a question about an Alabama bill that limits those horrific procedures to adults who are 18 or over. I recall that Biden weighed in on this issue about two weeks ago, saying the kids should get whatever they want.

We have an administration, and seemingly an entire political party (because not a single Democrat has objected) , that says chemical castration, life-altering hormone treatment, and surgery are all just fine for kids. Also, our newest Supreme Court justice has a history of giving light sentences to convicted pedophiles, and during her confirmation process, couldn't answer the question, "What is a woman?" What is the matter with these people?

There are no limits to what the Left wants, because for them, there's no absolute truth out there. In their (not far-off) future, Jeffrey Epstein would be tolerated and celebrated, and then we'd be forced to affirm his behavior. I've never forgotten that a former LGBTQ leader in San Francisco said their ultimate goal was to lower the age of consent to 13 years old. Morals and mores are constantly under attack, because fallen man chafes under any limitations. His depravity evolves as time goes on.

"His knowledge is not like ours, which has three tenses: present, past and future. God's knowledge has no change or variation." (Augustine of Hippo, circa 420 AD)
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool April 20th 2022, 11:09 pm

There's a teenager at our church that opened up a very successful skateboard shop in town. He's even gotten a few customers to come to our youth group. The other day, he went into a neighboring book shop that recently opened up, in order to welcome the owners. "Good morning, ladies!" He was then berated for not using their preferred pronouns and for assuming they were women. Turns out that these owners are the people responsible for putting up multiple billboards pushing transgender celebration.

There's no getting away from it. Even in the Rockies.

Jesus wept.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool May 3rd 2022, 10:21 am

Almost 50 years and tens of millions of lives later, it seems that our national shame and nightmare is about to end. The recently concluded Supreme Court term will slowly release their decisions over the next month or so. But an internal activist has leaked a draft of the most momentous one...

Roe v Wade is about to be overturned, joining other horrible decisions like those that prolonged slavery. Will abortion be outlawed? No. But rather than being the law of the land, it will be turned over to the states for control. Eventually, though, even a majority of blue states will severely limit abortion. Younger generations are much more pro-life than their elders.

But why was the draft leaked in the first place? To generate widespread outrage in an attempt to get justices to change their minds before the final draft is written. Make no mistake. This is the hill that liberals will die on. Even a journalist today said of the Supreme Court, "Burn it down." It's going to get ugly.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool May 12th 2022, 3:58 pm

About a decade ago, a little pest called the pine park beetle ravaged the forests in the Rocky Mountains. They would burrow through the tough outer bark in order to reach and eat the softer bark layers. These layers provide a conduit for the transportation of water and nutrients throughout the tree. But once the beetle works its way around the tree, the transportation system is severed and the tree dies.

This infestation devastated entire forests within a few short years. The use of pheromone packets was largely ineffective. The only thing that stopped the beetles was an early freeze that killed off the beetles. Otherwise, we would all be living in a little house on the prairie.

Today's culture is like the pine bark beetle, cutting off the nutrients provided by the Creator. And worldly remedies can't stop it. Is it part of God's plan for the forest of America to be wiped out? Or is He waiting for us to engage in fervent prayer?

"If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land." 2 Chron 7:14
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool May 15th 2022, 3:37 pm

https://www.christianheadlines.com/contributors/michael-foust/shocking-new-poll-only-37-percent-of-us-pastors-hold-a-biblical-worldview.html

Here's a link to a recent Barna Group study. The title tells you the average percentage of pastors who hold a biblical worldview. Open up the article and you'll find that only 12% of youth/children's pastors are inclined that way. 88% of them look towards the culture to find answers to today's problems.

No wonder the kids are all screwed up. Even in the Church, they can't find the right answers. I've no doubt that the percentages don't look as bad within the Assemblies, but we kid ourselves by thinking our pastors are 100% biblical. Men, we are the priests in our families. We need to be in the Word and spiritually mature, so we aren't fooled by wolves in sheep's clothing.

Protect your children and grandchildren.
Culture Rot - Page 26 3169784017
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool May 20th 2022, 7:18 pm

Finally. The archbishop of San Francisco told Nancy Pelosi that she cannot participate in Holy Communion unless she turns away from her abortion-promoting ways. Before taking this step, I'm sure that the two of them talked it over for a very long time. No doubt, he wanted to give her every chance to return to Catholic teaching. But after a near lifetime of promoting infanticide, she couldn't change her cold, lifeless heart.

What a shame, although she still has time. The Father forgives a penitent heart.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 May 24th 2022, 8:19 pm

joecool wrote:Finally. The archbishop of San Francisco told Nancy Pelosi that she cannot participate in Holy Communion unless she turns away from her abortion-promoting ways.  

Only 20 years late. But I appreciate the the gesture

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore May 26th 2022, 12:15 pm

After the school shooting in Texas, my German Exchange Student was looking at her phone, and was quoting how many school shootings there were in other nations in the past 10 years.  Other developed nations had 1 or 2, while we had over 270 (she is on-board with lack of firearms ownership, like in Germany).

I explained that she is correct; our numbers are hideous.  However, I told her that when I was her age, there were no school shootings: the first was the University of Texas Tower Shooting in 1966.

I said that I believed that there are three primary factors: First is the desensitizing of young (unstable) kids/boys by movies and video games in which they watch and participate in violence.  Some of these people to not have the forethought to understand the hideous consequences of their actions.

Second is the notoriety given to these shooters by the media, after the events.  I don't believe that these kids would come up with this idea, without it being all over television (and even talked about in schools).  In the past 5 years, I have had 2 boys make the remark that, if they had an AK-47 or an SKS, they would take it to their school.  I immediately yanked those boys from any shooting program, informed the Pastor and their families, and said that they were banned from any BB-Gun or Firearms training or competition, until they came to me with a statement from a certified counselor, not related to the student, that he/she was aware of the threatening statements by the student and that the counselor recommended that the student be allowed back into shooting training and competition (none had brought the note).

And the third is the easy access to firearms.  I said that we have always had easy access to firearms, but only #1 and #2 have changed over the past 60 years.  So, are we going to give up a right that we have had for 250 years, because of screw-ups by our media and society for the past 50?

I added that the citizens of Ukraine probably wished that they'd had America's Second Amendment Freedoms, back in February.  A lot more kids have been killed by Russians than we have lost in mass shootings in the last 250 years.

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool May 26th 2022, 8:09 pm

The left will never be able to yank the 2nd Amendment, and even if they could, it would have no effect for another 50 years. There are just too many weapons out there, many in the hands of bad actors. And we're not going to change the culture overnight, either. It's too deeply entrenched and too many bad actors are invested in it. So what can be done?

1) Rather than spend 40 billion dollars in places like the Ukraine, we need to harden our schools NOW. Columbine was 23 years ago, with many shootings since then, and we just aren't implementing our lessons learned effectively.

2) Make the mental health professions work FOR the community, not against it. Quit wasting time on the normalizing of all kinds of aberrant behavior and focus on how better to identify and treat, and even institutionalize, those who are a physical threat to our communities.

3) I like this idea that I heard this morning. Enlist retired LEOs and military members to voluntarily stand guard in shifts. In exchange for their service, cancel ALL their taxes.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool May 31st 2022, 5:41 pm

What a wretched day when Adam and Eve were shown the exit from Eden. And to put an exclamation point on it, God stationed a cherubim with a sword to keep them away from the tree of life. Because He knew they would try to reenter the garden.

Flash forward several thousand years. People who are captured by our culture could be said to be trying to get back into the garden. But not to reach the tree of life. No, there isn't much respect for life from this crowd. Instead, they're trying to reach that other tree. Why? Because they haven't gained knowledge of all the evil yet. And boy, do they want it.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore June 2nd 2022, 12:06 am

Jo Biden is complaining that his White House Staff is undercutting him.  He says that when he makes a statement, within minutes, "they" make a clarification that undermines him and makes him look weak.

He says that his policies are not being properly implemented, and that is the reason for much of his unpopularity: Gas Prices, Baby Formula, Consumer Shortages, etc.

SO...

That is EXACTLY what happens in a Communist (or Leftist) Regime in which you put persons into positions of power because of Ideology, rather than Ability.

Look at the absolute IDIOTS who are put into key positions, who know nothing of their jobs, but they LOOK right, or they spout the correct ideology: Janet Yellen, Kamala Harris, Pete Buttigieg, Jen Psaki, Karine Jean-Pierre and the list goes on and on.

If he looks closely, he may find a few more "geniuses" to place on Staff, like Whoopie Goldberg, who said that Jill Biden should be Surgeon General, because she is a "wonderful doctor" (Jill Biden has a Doctorate of EDUCATION, not Medicine).

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 June 4th 2022, 11:56 am

I am real tired of hearing the media gush about "DR" Jill Biden Rolling Eyes

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool June 14th 2022, 5:04 pm

The results of a left-leaning poll are now out. Adults were asked whether or not they supported men (who claim to be women) playing in all-(real) woman sports. The majority of respondents were not in favor of it. Whew!

But just barely. The scary thing is that 45% of people are just hunky-dory in favor of screwed-up men taking spots, awards and scholarships away from women. They're not that far away from achieving a majority. Anybody who thinks it will stay under 50% is deluding himself. The left will keep on pushing, attacking and canceling until more weak-hearted people give in. That's what has happened on every other culture-rotted issue for the last 20 years and more.

And don't think that the Church is going to turn things around anytime soon. A recent Barna study revealed the following:
- 37% of senior pastors have a biblical worldview
- 12% of youth pastors and children's pastors have a biblical worldview
- 8% of self-identified "born-again" parents have a biblical worldview

So it appears that an overwhelming majority of church people are actually secular in how they respond to cultural issues. What a colossal shame. Can we turn it around? I don't think that hitting rock-bottom is going to do it. The study also says that it's very rare for someone to change their worldview, especially when they're 13 or older.

It feels like we're definitely in the last days, with the Rapture bringing up a lot fewer people than we'd hoped for. Keep your lamps lit. Stay strong. Stay faithful.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore June 15th 2022, 3:33 pm

I am now reading (for the third time) "Mig Pilot" by John Barron.

It is the true story of a Russian pilot who stole a Top Secret Mig25 and landed it in Northern Japan.

It does an excellent job of showing how in a "Leftist" system, the freedom and living standards of the people come last, and if anything goes wrong, it is not the fault of the System, it is just not being implemented correctly.

Here is a quote (a joke from the Russian military) from the book that summarizes the authoritarian hard-leftist train of thought:
--------------------------------------

...Two close boyhood friends met for the first time since their graduation from the military academy twenty years before. One was a captain; the other, a general. "Why are you a general, and I only a captain?"

"I will show you," replied the general, picking up a rock, holding it to his ear, and then handing it to the captain. "Listen to the noise that the rock makes."

The captain listened, and threw the rock away. "No, it makes no noise at all."

"You see, that is why you are still a captain. A general told you that a rock makes noise, and you said no to a general."

-----------------------

(And THAT, boys & girls, pretty-much sums up political correctness.)

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

joecool likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool June 18th 2022, 12:00 pm

Really? Just before Father's Day, NBC's Today show highlighted 8 males who credit abortions that "helped them become the fathers that they are today." No, there wasn't any remorse that shaped them to become super-dads for the next child. The abortions were put in the best possible light.

IF the Rapture doesn't happen in the next 50 years or so, I wonder if mankind will look back at our culture in shock or horror? Or will things get even worse?
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool June 20th 2022, 6:05 pm

As you know, June is the month that most companies try to out-do each other in their support for the gay lifestyle (and the gay dollar). It gets more intrusive with each passing year.

Part of moving my Mom in to my home was getting her a TV that features a lot of free channels through an online service. The only "payment" is having to watch commercials. The only thing she will watch is a Western movie channel. All she has to do is turn on the TV, and there's her station. It's incredibly difficult for an elderly person to change stations, requiring several steps, and she's never attempted it. Anyway, she turned it on today and it went straight to a gay channel and a lesbian cooking show. She was confused.

And I was livid. It had to be purposeful programming.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore June 21st 2022, 3:27 pm

Well, it took us until "2022" to get to "1984".

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool June 24th 2022, 12:13 pm

After nearly a half century of increasingly gruesome expansion, the wicked witch is dead. A stake in the abortion heart has received a mighty blow with the overturning of Roe v Wade. Leading up to today's decision, upwards of 50 churches and pro-life facilities have been vandalized, damaged and in some cases, firebombed, over the past month.

And why? Abortion is not banned nationwide. The issue is left up to the states to regulate. Unfortunately, there are plenty of states that have been strengthening legal codes to keep abortion within their borders. But that's not even enough for the left. Biden's handlers are discussing plans to keep abortions legal on federal property, wherever it is. Military bases, courthouses, parks, you name it.

Leftist groups have been calling for violence greater than what has happened so far. This is the hill they will die on. Abortion is the linchpin that holds their whole culture of death together, and they are seething with hatred. So, here we go with another summer of riots. And Biden will try to take advantage of it with another round of illegal voting methods. It's the only way for them to hold power.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 June 24th 2022, 9:08 pm

joecool wrote:A stake in the abortion heart has received a mighty blow with the overturning of Roe v Wade.

PRAISE GOD cheers

joecool wrote: the wicked witch is dead.

I beg to differ... She is quite alive & is currently Governor of Michigan (although hopefully not much longer) lol!

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 31 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum: