RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» The Next Domino To Fall
by Claymore Today at 2:02 am

» Culture Rot
by Claymore Today at 1:57 am

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool April 19th 2024, 10:37 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Claymore April 3rd 2024, 2:06 am

» March 2024 Thread
by joecool March 31st 2024, 9:17 am

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool March 16th 2024, 9:19 pm

» If It Bleeds...
by ccm2361 March 12th 2024, 7:23 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17110 messages in 1005 subjects

Culture Rot

+6
RRCmdrBennett
joecool
Canadarangers
Phillip Gross
strods
Mark Jones
10 posters

Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31

Go down

Culture Rot - Page 31 Empty Re: Culture Rot

Post by Claymore January 24th 2024, 12:43 am

There is a REASON that the Scriptures have stood the test of time.

Now, while we may receive a limited amount of previously undiscovered Insight, no amount of "Wokeness" is going to change the Truth.

And what I mean by the above is: Martin Luthor could see the truth in Jesus' message of Love & Forgiveness that was not being taught by the Mainline Church, but there were still a few edges of his thought that could use some sanding & polishing.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

ccm2361 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool January 25th 2024, 4:27 pm

I would imagine I'm not the only one frustrated at what's going on out there. And I'm not the only one who's trying to do something about it. But it's still hard. Came across two quotes from a pastor:

"Slow motion is still motion."

"Never underestimate the power of consistency."

A little encouragement in discouraging times.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore February 17th 2024, 4:12 pm

joecool wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again. My generation inherited and then trashed what used to be one country, under God.

From The Daily Mail......

"The National MS Society has defended firing a 90-year-old volunteer for breaching its diversity and inclusion policy after she asked what pronouns were.

Fran Itkoff had served the non-profit for multiple sclerosis patients for 60 years,  with her late husband running the Long Beach Lakewood chapter prior to his death.

She was left stunned when her bosses forced her to step down on January 19 following an exchange with a colleague who asked her to use her pronouns in an email signatures."

This lady was a Free Volunteer for 60 years, and she was sacked, because she didn't understand the NMSS wokie pronoun policy.

AND, THEN, STILL FLIPP'IN DEFENDS THE DECISION.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool February 17th 2024, 8:45 pm

And for a major upcoming event, INSPIRE dis-invited their keynote speaker, who was a world-class athlete who has spent years motivating other women. Why? Because she served in the Israeli Defense Forces 30 years ago. Yes, that's her crime and leftists pushed to cancel her.

I know I shouldn't have these kind of thoughts...but the events in Revelation will cancel them...

...unless they repent.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

ccm2361 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool February 24th 2024, 9:22 pm

joecool wrote: On today's Meet the Press show, Rona McDaniel, the GOP National Committee Chair, was asked about the issue of abortion and its prominence in the recent elections. Her response: "I'm not a policy person...It's not my decision about federal or state" restrictions.

And earlier this week, Desantis' campaign manager said that a 15-week abortion federal ban would be an "extreme hypothetical."  

And so it begins. The GOP will increasingly turn a blind eye to the culture of death.

From (surprisingly) the National Review, a long but very interesting column on The Case For A Theo-centric Right. There's something afoot in the lofty reaches of the GOP. They're tired of the culture war and want to just be politicians. The author points out that without being grounded in the Word of God, the Repubs will start by being Libertarian Light and within a decade be largely indistinguishable from the Democrats. (In many areas, they already are.)

https://www.nationalreview.com/magazine/2024/04/the-case-for-a-theocentric-right/?bypass_key=UnYwOHRkdUR1ZitiY3k0QjB6M09Idz09OjpVWGxqV2tad1ZpdHdhVGN3VVdKVldtWkVTRmx1UVQwOQ%3D%3D
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool March 5th 2024, 9:49 am

A column from Dennis Prager that points out the chasm between left and right.

https://townhall.com/columnists/dennisprager/2024/03/05/dennis-prager-n2636068

Here's the last paragraph:
"If you still think the left-right divide is bridgeable, it is only because it is too painful to confront the tragic reality of contemporary American life: Today's left-right divide is at least as great as the North-South divide before and during the Civil War. The only thing that remains the same is that it was the Democratic Party that opposed freedom then, and it is the Democratic Party that opposes freedom today."

I would add another painful observation - that the majority of Republican politicians today want nothing to do with the culture war. They will not stand up against the evil that is rotting our country from the inside out. They put their finger in the wind and go with the flow.

It's up to God's people to fight the good fight. Until the final bell rings.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

ccm2361 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 March 8th 2024, 9:38 pm

Amen brother

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool March 14th 2024, 3:44 pm

The Platte River's length is just over 1000 miles, but it's routinely overlooked as a major river. Why? Because you can routinely cross almost anywhere without getting your shoulders wet. There are an awful lot of water claims on this resource. Some experts say that it will eventually cease to be a tributary to a larger river.

An inch deep and a mile wide. Unfortunately, some Christians are like that. When the cultural heat is applied, the depth of their faith isn't enough to keep them alive (in Christ). The way to Heaven is straight and narrow. And depth is required.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool March 23rd 2024, 4:33 pm

This week, I came across a European study that looked at "wokeness." Here's how many people respond favorably to it:

Women....7 out of 10
Men.........1 out of 7

It's no wonder fewer men are dating or getting married. They don't want to be shackled to someone who is brain-damaged by over-exposure to anti-social media.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore March 23rd 2024, 7:01 pm

Without being sexist, only objective, women have always been more emotional and whimsical than men.  Men provided the food, protection, & stability, while women provided the emotion and love (and maybe, a bit of unpredictable excitement).

That worked out, pretty well, for thousands of years, until technology took away the indispensability of men in the home and the workplace.  I don't see any way that society can put that toothpaste back into the tube.

It is also interesting that a study came out in the past 10 days or so, stating that Woke people tend to be much less happy with their lives / or that people who are unhappy with their lives are more likely to be Woke people.

It is almost an antithesis (but nonetheless true) that:

by getting everything that they want, they are much less happy..

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool March 24th 2024, 7:09 pm

The more you know, the more you....

...want to vomit. I'm doing research for an upcoming small group that I'm teaching. At Oregon Health and Science University, which is a teaching hospital, Doctors Fronk and Stein (okay, I made that part up) have announced a new technique. In vitro gametogenesis transfers the nucleus of a skin cell into a donated egg in which the nucleus has been removed. In essence, the egg is no longer an egg, but a host. But why try something like that?

To quote, "It also raises the possibility of men in same-sex relationships having children who are genetically related to both parents."

And this is a teaching hospital. Their next generation of health professionals are going to need mental health care themselves. I dove deeper into the university's "values" and found numerous references to intersectionality and DEI, as well as an Inclusive Language Guide that warns you not to say, "biological male or female." (I wonder if the newest member of the US Supreme Court went to school there?)
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool March 29th 2024, 3:25 pm

Sure feels like the Rapture will happen in our lifetime. Things are going downhill so quickly. I've just ordered a book that I've been waiting several months for: Pagan America - The Decline of Christianity and the Dark Age To Come. The author published a column last night summarizing his main points, and I can't disagree with him.

To highlight one of his points, "Everything is becoming permissible." Think about it: legalized recreational drugs, surgical procedures on gender-confused children, polygamous relationships recognized by the courts, satanic clubs in schools, artificial intelligence in churches, same-sex marriage, denying Israel's right to exist, unrestricted abortion.........it's an almost endless list.

"Everything is permissible - but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible - but not everything is constructive. Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others." (1 Cor 10:23-24)
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool April 1st 2024, 5:27 pm

Well, well, well. The world's most popular atheist/evolutionist, Richard Dawkins, gave an interview in which he declared himself a "cultural Christian." He admitted to liking hymns and gave credit to Christianity for producing a better civilization. I wonder if he's hedging his bets as he grows older.

It reminds me of Sir Anthony Flew, formerly the world's most renowned atheist. About 20 years ago, he announced that he was going to take a fresh look at all the evidence. He was disowned after publishing his findings, which included a money quote that went something like, "I don't know if His name is Allah, Buddha, or Yahweh, but I know that there is a Creator."
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool April 15th 2024, 6:39 pm

The Stronger Men Conference is an annual event put on by an AG mega-church in Springfield. It brings in manly speakers and puts on testosterone-laden events like bull-riding and tanks crushing cars. Last week, one of the events was a performance by a sword-swallower who is also a male stripper. His stage act for the conference included tearing off his shirt and climbing up a stripper pole.

Later, perhaps the next day, a scheduled speaker/pastor stepped up to the microphone and called out the performance as "Jezebel-like" and inappropriate for the conference. The hosting pastor quickly kicked him off the stage. There was a mix of applause and boos.

I've got my own opinion of this, but what's yours? Which pastor was out of line? What would you have done?
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool April 17th 2024, 10:40 pm

joecool wrote:The Stronger Men Conference is an annual event put on by an AG mega-church in Springfield. It brings in manly speakers and puts on testosterone-laden events like bull-riding and tanks crushing cars. Last week, one of the events was a performance by a sword-swallower who is also a male stripper. His stage act for the conference included tearing off his shirt and climbing up a stripper pole.

Later, perhaps the next day, a scheduled speaker/pastor stepped up to the microphone and called out the performance as "Jezebel-like" and inappropriate for the conference. The hosting pastor quickly kicked him off the stage. There was a mix of applause and boos.

I've got my own opinion of this, but what's yours? Which pastor was out of line? What would you have done?

I now have a better understanding of why that church would put out highly questionable "entertainment." Their reasoning comes from the same place that led them to invite Bill Johnson to be a guest speaker at their church. Don't know who he is? Read the "Gold Dust and Feathers" thread. The leadership of this AG church needs a serious Come To Jesus moment.

Update: The mega-church's website now prominently showcases a video of their pastor demanding that the "call out" pastor repent. Hmmm. I guess the best defense, if you don't have one, is to go on offense.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

ccm2361 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 April 19th 2024, 6:54 pm

Sinners dont want to hear about sin.

Reminds of a gay "Christian" I worked with some years back. She was in a relationship with another woman, drank heavily, yet she would happily tell people about how God is love... etc.

Just fooling herself.

This "pastor" who kicked out the speaker, has the same kind of feel. How dare you mention sin, Jesus loves the sinner! And He does , but he also told them to repent.

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:24 am

Title IX was passed by Congress in 1972, giving females equal opportunity and protection in any educational program or activity, including sports. Well, it's effectively gone.

The Biden Administration has just removed the word "sex" and replaced it with "gender identity." What does that mean? Biological males are now a Title IX preferred protected class. You can't keep them out of female sports. And if you disagree, whether you're an individual, school, district or state official, you can now be federally charged with harassment.

Evil wins again. But we all knew it was coming. It wasn't happening in a vacuum, as warning signals were going off all over the place, including in the halls of Wash, DC. Yet it was still allowed to happen.

The GOP is worthless. What does it stand for? The only thing they're good at is printing more money and sending it overseas. When the GOP wins elections, they're "in office." When the Dems win elections, they're "in power."

Update: "We are already occupied by an authoritarian, lawless, intolerant regime, but the Republicans are busy fighting for "freedom" half a world away." - John Zmirak, The Stream
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool April 24th 2024, 5:33 pm

Yesterday, Biden was on stage at a pro-abortion rally in Florida. During the speaker's derogatory comments about Desantis, Biden three times made the sign of the cross. In my opinion, that makes the blasphemy list. One of the things that came to my mind was the similarity to Peter's 3-time denial of Jesus.

Peter repented and received forgiveness. Biden? He may be too far down the path to perdition to do the same.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore Today at 1:57 am

joecool wrote:Yesterday, Biden was on stage at a pro-abortion rally in Florida. During the speaker's derogatory comments about Desantis, Biden three times made the sign of the cross. In my opinion, that makes the blasphemy list. One of the things that came to my mind was the similarity to Peter's 3-time denial of Jesus.

Peter repented and received forgiveness. Biden? He may be too far down the path to perdition to do the same.

Being a former Catholic, the essential meaning of making the blessing of the Sign of the Cross is to express that you are putting yourself under Jesus, you are seeking God's/Jesus' protection, and that you are doing (whatever it is that you are doing): "In the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit".

Blasphemy?

I guess that I can't argue against your conclusion.

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum