RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» May 2024 Thread
by joecool Yesterday at 9:24 am

» What Your Outpost Did This Week.
by Claymore May 6th 2024, 1:00 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Jameskostich May 2nd 2024, 2:34 pm

» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool May 2nd 2024, 9:48 am

» Culture Rot
by joecool April 30th 2024, 7:22 pm

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool April 30th 2024, 3:15 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool April 19th 2024, 10:37 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17120 messages in 1006 subjects

Culture Rot

+6
RRCmdrBennett
joecool
Canadarangers
Phillip Gross
strods
Mark Jones
10 posters

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

Culture Rot - Page 29 Empty Re: Culture Rot

Post by Claymore March 31st 2023, 4:02 pm

2 days ago, I set up scaffolding, in front of our DirecTV dish on the roof.

Yesterday, the roofer arrived, to remove the dish and to repair the shingles.

In full disclosure, we were finally able to get fiber cable to the house, to replace our AT&T Line, Hughesnet Service, and DirecTV.

However,

Over the past year, whenever you paused the television for more than a minute or two, it would pop up a series of screensavers. Lately, it has been laden with images of men in wigs, makeup, & stockings, and advertising for a Drag Queen show on another channel.

This garbage has been coming into our house, uninvited, and there is no way to disable it, other than to yank the dish off and disable the system.

DirecTV made the decision not only easy, but also feeling "anointed".

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool April 28th 2023, 4:05 pm

joecool wrote: This thread can now be retired. If you want to be kept up to date, and even get a glimpse of the future, read Revelation.

Well, that lasted for one month.

A number of years back, I posted a note about drawing lines in the cultural sand. Everybody, even liberals, has a line that they will draw, saying "No further!" I believe that I used the examples of pedophilia and polygamy as proof. And when those liberals objected to the line being crossed, that they would be hammered by extremists. Just like conservatives have been hammered for decades. Welcome to the club, I predicted.

But it doesn't look like it's happening the way I thought it would. When half the country has no foundation on which to build absolute values of right and wrong, they can never draw a line against anything. And so we see half the country rolling over for trans "rights," as it steamrolls over the future for women and the spiritual and physical health of children. And now the pedophiles have created their own multi-colored pride flag. And Minnesotans silently watch as state legislation that protects pedophiles moves ever closer to a vote.

And nearly half of born-again (!) Christians no longer believe that Jesus lived a sin-free life. They willfully deny the Good News. Good is being diluted in a sea of evil. Exactly a week ago, Tucker Carlson gave a speech at the Heritage Foundation. He said that there is no longer a debate between two sides, arguing over how to arrive at the same destination. Tucker said that it longer works, because it's now a battle between good and evil. He closed with a plea for everyone to pray for our country, if only for 10 minutes a day. By Monday, he was fired by the Fox network.

After evil picks off a few more effective fighters, in a move to intimidate and cower, watch for more and more legislation and executive orders that will be aimed at the rest of us. Remember that He is for us.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool May 2nd 2023, 11:13 pm

Very interesting chart developed by a pastor. It takes the abortion position of various presidential candidates and translates it into potential babies saved. It's actually a depressing view of how weak these candidates are on the right to life.

https://stream.org/are-gop-candidates-pro-life-pro-choice-or-pro-grift-heres-an-objective-metric/
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool May 26th 2023, 6:30 pm

You've probably heard of the Artful Dodgers, the professional sports team that giveth and taketh and giveth. On their upcoming Pride Night, one of the "courageous" groups that they wanted to honor is that trans travesty that has long mocked the Catholic faith, and they throw in Mary and Jesus, too.

Well, the blowback was huge, as there are millions and millions of Catholic Hispanics in the LA area. The trans group was quickly dis-invited and then gay outrage ensued. The Dodgers immediately re-invited the trannies, adding fuel to the bonfire.

Today, a Christian on the team announced that the Dodgers are bringing back Family and Faith Night. Too little, too late, as the damage is already done. And I have a question for the Dodgers: "Why did you cancel Family and Faith Night for the last 4 years?" There's got to be a story in there. Inquiring minds want to know.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool June 9th 2023, 7:42 pm

Will Pride month never end? In the last week or so, multiple professional ballplayers have walked back their Christian testimony. One of them was even praising his team-mandated LGBTQ re-education. Chick-fil-A hired a diversity executive. And I'm not buying all the excuses/cover that some columnists are giving to The Chosen.

Yeah, I get it. People are worried about their profits. But throwing Jesus under the bus isn't a good strategy, in this world or the next. And apologizing to them does no good. Leftists will eventually demand your first-born. Oh, wait. They already do that - and your second, third....
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore June 11th 2023, 9:19 pm

I am flying my “Pride Flag”, this month.

It’s Forest Green, with crossed arrows and a Special Forces Crest on it.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

joecool likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool July 9th 2023, 4:07 pm

If you're a baby boomer, you definitely have heard of the Doomsday Clock. It was begun in 1947 in an effort, as the founder stated, "to preserve civilization by scaring men into rationality." It was initially set at 7 minutes to midnight. Depending on what's been going on at the global level, it has been adjusted to it's "safest" point in 1991 and it's most dangerous point in January of this year, with only 90 seconds to go. Originally, it focused on the likelihood of nuclear war, but things have been added to the list, such as artificial intelligence and climate change.

Do we need a Culture Doomsday Clock?

I believe we're close to the Rapture, but if the Lord should tarry 5, 20 or 50 years, I see America becoming a contemporary Sodom and Gomorrah story for other countries and generations to learn from.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool September 21st 2023, 10:33 am

My younger set of grandkids has a favorite cartoon, called Paw Patrol. Maybe you've heard of it. And now it's ruined forever. The writers are crowing about how proud they are at creating their newest character, who is non-binary.

Mental illness and evil continues to flourish.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore September 21st 2023, 2:08 pm

"Woke", now obviously means "Anti-Christian".

Those people are starting to make the pagan lifestyle of Ancient Rome look reasonable.

(At least, then, members of the Senate didn't praise people burning down buildings in riots.)

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool September 26th 2023, 3:59 pm

Just when you thought it couldn't get worse...

For you Star Trek fans, LeVar Burton joined nearly 200 other celebrities in signing a condemnation of attempts to limit what kids are allowed to read. In other words, his ignorance is an endorsement of the sexual grooming of children. (By the way, in the case of a donor to the making of the movie The Sound of Freedom, charges of human trafficking were quietly dropped this week. Turns out there was never any evidence. Where does he go to get his reputation back?)

And Beacon (Presbyterian) Church in Philadelphia is advertising their pumpkin-spiced communion bread for the next 5 weeks. (Yes, they're proudly woke. Is their steeple lightning rod in good repair?)
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 October 1st 2023, 5:39 pm

joecool wrote:Just when you thought it couldn't get worse...

For you Star Trek fans, LeVar Burton joined nearly 200 other celebrities in signing  a condemnation of attempts to limit what kids are allowed to read.

That is sad, especially coming from Mr. reading rainbow Culture Rot - Page 29 2410941

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool October 2nd 2023, 1:40 pm

Days after Senator Feinstein died in office, California's governor has appointed her replacement. She is the leader of Emily's List, a powerful organization that promotes abortion. No surprise there. But there's a little hiccup in Newsome's rush to virtue signal. The new senator isn't even a resident of California.
clown
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool November 7th 2023, 8:07 pm

Almost 5 months have gone by since my culture warning book was given to all the men at church. And not a single word from them since. Nothing. It's like it never happened. Did they even open the book?

I kinda feel like a cop. A culture cop. No one wants them around, enforcing the law and pointing out violations...at least not until they're needed. And by then, it might be too late. Being a cop takes commitment and dedication. A calling, even. Especially these days.

The enemy is all around us. Their leaders have already probed and found the weak spots to attack. Stand in the gap, men. Be the one who protects your family and your part of the wall, like those whom Nehemiah called. Nobody else can do it like you can.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool November 8th 2023, 12:58 pm

Because I hold no faith in politics, I didn't follow the recently completed election cycle in Ohio, Kentucky and Virginia. But I know enough to see that the left will use the same playbook for the next 12 months.

"Don't let the far-right take away your choice!" Abortion was the catalyst that swamped the polling stations with desperate fans of the culture of death.

Will the Republicans respond with greater efforts to increase their own voter turnout? They haven't so far. Why would they change now? Sadly, I think many candidates will run away from taking a stand for life.

America will continue its downward trajectory. Assuming the Rapture doesn't happen soon, I hope that other nations will learn from our failures.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 November 9th 2023, 10:34 pm

joecool wrote:Because I hold no faith in politics, I didn't follow the recently completed election cycle in Ohio, Kentucky and Virginia. But I know enough to see that the left will use the same playbook for the next 12 months.

"Don't let the far-right take away your choice!" Abortion was the catalyst that swamped the polling stations with desperate fans of the culture of death.

You better believe it. Be preapred for a wave of ballot measures across the country on abortion & marijuana legalization. Thats what will drive their base out to vote. Because they certainly cant count on the base being excited about Joe Biden.

Although, I don't belive Joe Biden will be the nominee.  His poll numbers are so bad (a full year out from the election) the DNC knows he cant win again. Presidents with a 39% approval rating do not get re-elected. ( the lowest in the last 100 years-tieing Jimmy Carter) Thier only hope is to pressure Joe into not running again. Then pressure Kamala into not running (Her poll numbers are much worse).
Then they can bring in somone else, to effectively run against Biden's policies, while pushing the same policies (just repackaged).

For example " Joe had the right idea, he just made some mistakes, With my plan, I can do better".

Who will they bring in?
Obvoiusly California Governor Gavin Newsome plans on being that guy.
But MI Governor Gretchen Whitmer also wants it.
Have also heard Roy Cooper Gov. of S. Carolina mentioned
Hillary Clinton is suddenly giving a lot of interviews lately, (after a few years of staying out of sight) Could she be putting herself back in?
Amy Klobuchar?
Pete Buttegieg?
Stacy Abrams?
Some say Michelle Obama (I hope not)

Who knows?

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

RRCmdrBennett likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool November 11th 2023, 12:02 pm

The mayor of NYC just had his communication devices confiscated in conjunction with a DOJ investigation into his #1 campaign fundraiser. The mayor has been the most vocal Democrat opponent of the president's immigration policies. (In my opinion, for that and so many other things, the President is controlled by an antichrist.)

After publicly refusing to resign, a Texas Catholic bishop was just dismissed from his position by the Vatican. His has been the most vocal voice for traditional Catholics who oppose the Pope's increasingly anti-biblical pronouncements. (In my opinion, the Pope is an antichrist.)

There is a price to pay when you stand up to the promoters of authoritarianism. And the greatest one is not even a man. It is the culture. It has been relentlessly driven by the left for a century and now controls people, practice and policy. The culture is so powerful that it lives and breathes on its own. It consumes everything. It's alive...yet it's dead.

But Jesus is alive in us. And if we let Him, he will guide our response.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool November 12th 2023, 3:11 pm

joecool wrote: "Don't let the far-right take away your choice!" Abortion was the catalyst that swamped the polling stations with desperate fans of the culture of death.

Will the Republicans respond with greater efforts to increase their own voter turnout? They haven't so far. Why would they change now? Sadly, I think many candidates will run away from taking a stand for life.

On today's Meet the Press show, Rona McDaniel, the GOP National Committee Chair, was asked about the issue of abortion and its prominence in the recent elections. Her response: "I'm not a policy person...It's not my decision about federal or state" restrictions.

And earlier this week, Desantis' campaign manager said that a 15-week abortion federal ban would be an "extreme hypothetical."

And so it begins. The GOP will increasingly turn a blind eye to the culture of death.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool November 15th 2023, 6:35 pm

Found a Christian site (The World and Everything In it) that posts multiple podcasts to listen to. There is a wide variety of topics, as well as a daily news update.

Today, I listened to a Presbyterian pastor in Seattle whose church plant went as high as 150 and closed when it fell to 45. It was in the heart of a gay neighborhood, and he chose to never talk of homosexuality from the pulpit. That became a green light for the locals to come in and proselytize to the kids.

After he shared everything that went wrong, he had a final recommendation: "The time to be friendly to the culture is over. Not to be rude, but to be crystal clear on what the Bible says." Good advice.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool November 21st 2023, 12:07 pm

An Associated Press headline on Nov 19th:

"Voters Back Abortion Rights But Some Foes Won't Relent. Is the Commitment to Democracy in Question?"

In other words, being anti-choice is now anti-democracy. Implied in the article is the left's desire for despicable Christian nationalists to give up and just roll over.

The left attempts to control the language at every turn. Okay, how about this, which just happens to be true? "...for the evil man has no future hope, and the lamp of the wicked will be snuffed out."
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool November 25th 2023, 2:48 pm

"When free speech drowns out expert speech, we all suffer." So say two professors at Arizona State, who just published an article in a national upper ed magazine.

Two thoughts on this...

1) Who determines "expert speech?" Well, of course, the two professors and all the other elites, at the expense of our First Amendment.

2) Being able to independently determine the truth wasn't a problem in America, until the universities dumbed down the students. Professors are intentionally creating young people who have no ability to think for themselves. They have been skillfully indoctrinated and are now easier to control.

Where does it end? Think of Cambodia's "killing fields," where all the truly educated ended up. Think of Ireland, where the common people are finally fed up with all the crime committed by Muslims, and the leftist government wants to pass more laws and punishments...against the common people.

The insanity is world-wide, but people are waking up, at least in Argentina and the Netherlands. Is it too late?
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool November 25th 2023, 4:17 pm

joecool wrote: Being able to independently determine the truth wasn't a problem in America, until the universities dumbed down the students. Professors are intentionally creating young people who have no ability to think for themselves. They have been skillfully indoctrinated and are now easier to control.

https://nypost.com/2023/11/25/metro/jewish-teacher-hides-in-queens-high-school-as-students-riot/

Apparently, it's going on in our public high schools, too. If you have kids in one, find out what they're pushing behind closed doors. If your kids have smart phones...well, it's never too late. Jesus needs to be their "influencer," not a bunch of Soros-paid leftists on Tik Tok.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool November 28th 2023, 6:33 pm

Speaking to education, chronic absenteeism is defined as missing one-tenth or more of the school year. Nationwide in 2018, it was 15% of all students. Not a good number, but it gets worse. Nationwide in 2022, well after COVID was in the rear view mirror, it was 29%! For this school year, one-half of the teachers say it's just as bad. One-fourth say it's gotten worse.

Without drastic action, it may become entrenched in the culture. If I know the public system as well as I think I do, students will continue to be socially promoted, getting further and further behind until the system declares victory with the awarding of worthless diplomas.

Don't think it's affecting your kids or grandchildren, because they hardly ever miss a day? Think again. Schools spend an enormous amount of time working with those who are far behind. There are so many of them that they can't pull them out for specialized tutoring. No, the classroom teachers are forced to slow down the curriculum for everyone and even go backwards.

Unless you get a tutor, home school, or find a private school, your kids will be perpetually behind.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett December 5th 2023, 8:41 pm

[quote="ccm2361"]
joecool wrote:Because I hold no faith in politics, I didn't follow the recently completed election cycle in Ohio, Kentucky and Virginia. But I know enough to see that the left will use the same playbook for the next 12 months.

You better believe it. Be preapred for a wave of ballot measures across the country on abortion & marijuana legalization. Thats what will drive their base out to vote. Because they certainly cant count on the base being excited about Joe Biden.

Although, I don't belive Joe Biden will be the nominee.  His poll numbers are so bad (a full year out from the election) the DNC knows he cant win again. Presidents with a 39% approval rating do not get re-elected. ( the lowest in the last 100 years-tieing Jimmy Carter) Thier only hope is to pressure Joe into not running again. Then pressure Kamala into not running (Her poll numbers are much worse).
Then they can bring in somone else, to effectively run against Biden's policies, while pushing the same policies (just repackaged).

For example " Joe had the right idea, he just made some mistakes, With my plan, I can do better".

Who will they bring in?
Obvoiusly California Governor Gavin Newsome plans on being that guy.
But MI Governor Gretchen Whitmer also wants it.
Have also heard Roy Cooper Gov. of S. Carolina mentioned
Hillary Clinton is suddenly giving a lot of interviews lately, (after a few years of staying out of sight) Could she be putting herself back in?
Amy Klobuchar?
Pete Buttegieg?
Stacy Abrams?
Some say Michelle Obama (I hope not)

Who thinks if Trump is close to winning they’ll just “Epstein” him?

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool December 10th 2023, 11:02 am

From an op-ed published today:

"If America is facing a spiritual crisis today - a crisis of meaning, identity and belonging - then having more leisure time is the medicine we need." Senator Chris Murphy (CT-D)

No wonder we're in such trouble. Our leaders are totally clueless on how to fix anything that ails the country. So they throw out drivel that is meant to appeal to the lowest common denominator.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

RRCmdrBennett likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool December 18th 2023, 11:12 am

Today's (not so surprising) bombshell: Pope Francis has just given the green light for priests to bless same-sex couples. Is there another Martin Luther within the Catholic Church, or has the Pope already removed any who would oppose him?

The mission field continues to grow more quickly than the population.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum