RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» What Your Outpost Did This Week.
by Claymore Today at 1:00 pm

» May 2024 Thread
by ccm2361 May 4th 2024, 11:39 am

» They Still Remember....
by Jameskostich May 2nd 2024, 2:34 pm

» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool May 2nd 2024, 9:48 am

» Culture Rot
by joecool April 30th 2024, 7:22 pm

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool April 30th 2024, 3:15 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool April 19th 2024, 10:37 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17119 messages in 1006 subjects

Culture Rot

+6
RRCmdrBennett
joecool
Canadarangers
Phillip Gross
strods
Mark Jones
10 posters

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

Culture Rot - Page 23 Empty Re: Culture Rot

Post by joecool March 24th 2020, 10:37 am

Several weeks ago, I immensely enjoyed serving as a judge for a regional Christian student debating competition. Today, I received a request from them to fill out an online survey. No problem, I thought, until I looked at the first question.

I was asked to mark my gender and the choices were "Male, Female and Other." These are trying times, and it doesn't help when a Christian organization falls prey to the latest cultural "soup de jour." I backed out from the survey and gave them the kind of feedback that they actually needed.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool April 10th 2020, 9:57 pm

Duck Tales, a-woo-woo! Who doesn't remember that cartoon from the 80s and 90s? Scrooge McDuck and his relatives went through a lot of adventures. I watched along with my boys and enjoyed it.

It's getting a reboot and coming back, and of course they'll introduce some new characters. Like the gay dads of a friend of Huey, Dewey and Louie. Yeah, liberals ruin everything they touch.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool May 5th 2020, 5:03 pm

The Price Is Right, that long-running game show, is going to broadcast a special. The world's top transvestite will co-host the show, with all money going to Planned Parenthood. Yes, boys and girls, liberals ruin everything they touch.

(I haven't watched that show in decades. but) If you want a better TV game show, try Wheel of Fortune. The host is a proud conservative on social media.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool June 18th 2020, 10:34 am

Elmer Fudd's violent fantasies were reported to the authorities. In future cartoons, he will no longer carry a shotgun.

The three dudes on a box of Rice Crispies have likewise been attacked for their white privilege, and are in danger of losing their position.

A growing number of police shows on TV have been forever banished. Movies, such as Gone With The Wind, are being attacked as well.

This isn't satire. Cancel Culture is for real as corporate executives and politicians rush to see who can genuflect the lowest. Obama's bows were nothing compared to what's going on now.

A few years ago, the Supreme Court cancelled the multi-millennial definition of marriage. And this week, they did the same thing to the federal Title 7, passed over a half-century ago. Sex no longer means male and female. A couple of "conservative" justices joined the liberals in pronouncing that it also includes sexual orientation and transgenderism.

If you can spare a few minutes, read Tom Gilson's article on www.stream.org, titled "How Do We Strategize Against This Lunacy?" It's well worth your time and is an introduction to upcoming articles. Having read his work for the last couple of years, I know that he is closer to God than I am, and I look forward to learning what God is sharing with him.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool June 18th 2020, 3:17 pm

Even a heavy drug user has a sense of where his behavior will eventually take him - an overdose and possibly death. But he continues on. His excuse is that he's addicted.

Progressives keep pushing, keep threatening, keep attacking. Don't they have a sense of where it might end up going? The original leaders and mouthpieces of past revolutions (French, Russian, etc.) all ended up dead. There are already signs of "eating their own" with BLM, Antifa and CHAZ.

So, what are progressives addicted to? And is knowing that a way to neutralize them? Or even help them out of their ideology?
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool July 7th 2020, 1:43 pm

As predicted, the moral slide continues. A city in Massachusetts recently decided to recognize unions of more than two people. Cause marriage is all about love, right? Three people or thirty. Adults and kids. Thanks to the Supreme Court, there's no stopping it.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RangerJeff July 8th 2020, 9:44 pm

Ha! Can't wait until I can start claiming my chickens, dog, and cat as dependents. It's coming!

RangerJeff

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett July 9th 2020, 10:23 pm

RangerJeff wrote:Ha!  Can't wait until I can start claiming my chickens, dog, and cat as dependents.  It's coming!

Would be great to get a stimulus check for my Boxer Stryker.

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool September 18th 2020, 12:16 pm

Glad I cancelled Netflix a couple of years ago. It was bad enough back then, but it's so much worse now. Proudly publicizing their kids' series about gay and transgendered children. By affirming those decisions and lifestyles, they are increasing the damage done to kids who are confused.

And now Netflix is standing by their "Cuties" movie. In case you didn't hear about it...It's about 11-year old girls standing up against their parents. It's about them "twerking". It's about them exposing themselves on film. It's about normalizing pedophilia. It's about sticking it in the eye of Jesus, who said a thing or two about those who hurt children.

Do not feed the beast. If you have Netflix, consider an alternative. PureFlix has mightily upped their game, and I'm happy with what they provide.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool October 3rd 2020, 5:08 pm

The latest high-profile Christian to get "woke" is Phil Vischer, the guy who created Veggie Tales. He believes that there is systemic racism and seems to give a thumbs-up to critical race theory.

Personally, I believe the reason that so many people are jumping on to the CRT bandwagon is because it attempts to deflect the blame, rather than pin racism on the one organization that clearly deserves to be cancelled for its institutional racism...the Democrat party.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore October 3rd 2020, 10:01 pm

Look at Antifa and BLM spray painting anti-Trump and anti-police slogans on store windows.

Do a Google Search for images of Nazis painting "Juden" and yellow stars on store windows in the 1930's.

Same Beast, 85 years older.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool October 5th 2020, 4:08 pm

Claymore wrote:Look at Antifa and BLM spray painting anti-Trump and anti-police slogans on store windows. Do a Google Search for images of Nazis painting "Juden" and yellow stars on store windows in the 1930's. Same Beast, 85 years older.

Antifa/BLM are what the Democrat party will be in less than 10 years. The old guard has nearly lost total control, just like the old-old guard lost it in 1968. The new Democrats are taking over. George Soros and his ilk are cackling in the background.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool October 21st 2020, 6:04 pm

"Francesco" is an Italian-made documentary about to hit US theaters. It's producers fawn over the Pope and his progressive views. Among its scenes are those in which the Pope personally bashes President Trump (Hmmm, election interference by a foreign power?). He also calls for the legalization of homosexual civil unions.

Being that Popes are supposed to be the successors to the Apostle Peter, WWPD? What Would Peter Do?
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool October 29th 2020, 2:52 pm

I just came across something that Chick-fil-A's CEO did back in June. It's actually on video. Unbelievable.

During a round-table conversation about the racial unrest, Dan Cathy whipped out a brush and began shining a black rapper's shoes. I thought Pelosi's kneeling while wearing African garb was over the top, but the chicken guy blew right by her.

There's a two-step solution to solving the problem.
#1...Pray
#2...Vote out all the Democrats
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool November 28th 2020, 5:40 pm

Today, I came across a link to a YouTube video featuring Walter Cronkite's speech after accepting an award from an organization supporting one-world government. To applause and laughter from the audience, Cronkite was putting down Pat Robertson, who said one-world government only happens after the return of Jesus, and that any earlier, it's from Satan. Cronkite then added, "I'll be proud to sit at the right hand of the devil."

I lost all respect for Cronkite 20 years ago when I heard him on another video saying, "If I knew I was going to live this long, I wouldn't have retired. I would have continued to shape the news."

Fake news and soft censorship has been around for a long time. It's just that it's out in the open now and they don't care if we've figured it out. They have no fear now that Biden has been "crowned."
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 November 28th 2020, 9:12 pm

Yet a lot of people haven't figured it out yet. (My mother to name but one) scratch

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool January 2nd 2021, 2:36 pm

There are dozens of culture rot indicators that could be written about on a weekly basis, but this one shows how the slippery slope has just teetered to near-vertical.

Nancy Pelosi has just introduced new rules for Congress. Among the expected changes that politically favor her Democrats is this rotten tomato: Members can't use pronouns that have a gender-specific meaning, such as father, mother, sister, etc.

Seriously, can't even 10% of Democrats take a step back and see what their party has become? An unhealthy entity, a clear and present danger, a domestic enemy....
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool January 31st 2021, 10:08 am

In the middle of a conversation last night, something occurred to me. When my boys were teens, I was worried about peer pressure on them. We kept a close eye on things and they got through those years.

Nowadays, I don't think it's peer pressure as much as "fear pressure." Where does it come from? Mostly social media. And thanks to smart phones, hundreds of thousands of people are influencing our kids through a herd mentality that instills fear if you aren't willing to conform to social(ist) group-think. Because there are penalties if you don't. Kids aren't dumb. They can see what's happening to those who are older and resisting it.

joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool February 15th 2021, 2:41 pm

Never read any of Max Lucado's books, but I know he's really big. Somebody dug up a sermon of his from 2004 where he spoke of homosexuality and said that it grievously hurt the LGBT community. Lucado profusely and publicly apologized.

The Cancel Culture claims another victim. Never, ever think so highly of yourself that you won't take the risk of losing some "likes." Never, ever give an inch to sodomites. Never, ever throw Jesus under the bus.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 February 16th 2021, 6:22 pm

joecool wrote:Never read any of Max Lucado's books, but I know he's really big. Somebody dug up a sermon of his from 2004 where he spoke of homosexuality and said that it grievously hurt the LGBT community. Lucado profusely and publicly apologized.

The Cancel Culture claims another victim. Never, ever think so highly of yourself that you won't take the risk of losing some "likes." Never, ever give an inch to sodomites. Never, ever throw Jesus under the bus.
Amen to that. He should never have apologized. Someone needs to be honest with the LGBTQ+Y7LABC crowd & tell them where they are going to end up. Culture Rot - Page 23 3169784017

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore February 20th 2021, 11:44 am

OK. So I was making the 2-day drive back from Wisconsin (actually, 3-days, because of the snow/ice storm), and I wondered:

“Are we, possibly, REALLY coming into the Last Days? It seems like so many Biblical truths are just plainly evident to Christians, but the Other Side is filled with hate, and wants to silence us, and even purge our existence from society.”

Now, I’m not big on getting on the Band-Wagon and shouting “The End is Nigh”, as Saint Paul expected that the Lord would come back in his own lifetime, and he was considerably smarter than me.

But this just seems like it is too much coincidence to be coincidence.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool February 21st 2021, 1:01 am

Claymore wrote: “Are we, possibly, REALLY coming into the Last Days?  It seems like so many Biblical truths are just plainly evident to Christians, but the Other Side is filled with hate, and wants to silence us, and even purge our existence from society.”

I hope so. When I was much younger, hearing about the end times from pastors, I had a different attitude. "Right, Lord. But just not right now. I've got too many things I want to do before then." But this is a lousy world that we've made, and it's getting worse, especially for young people. We need to get all the pain and suffering over with. Come quickly, Lord.

You'd be surprised how many churches in every corner of our country believe that we're in the last days. I see pastors getting their people ready. Mine is. And for some reason, it seems to be the small churches that are awake. Perhaps they're not distracted by mega-church distractions. Perhaps they know it's wise not to be too comfortable. Perhaps they trust God instead of man.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool March 2nd 2021, 12:37 pm

Scouts USA has proposed a way out of bankruptcy, offering a substantial dollar amount intended to settle the tens of thousands of cases against them. And their offer is counting on local councils to pony up more than half of the settlement. Observers say that it amounts to an average of only $6000 for each molested person.

I knew that the scandal would affect every level of Boy Scouts. Looks like they're all going down the drain. What a shame.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool March 3rd 2021, 5:52 pm

Is there no end to the number of formerly Christian or still-professing Christian organizations slouching their way to the edge of the culture cliff? America's largest Protestant adoption agency, Bethany Christian Services, has just announced that they will begin putting kids into the homes of homosexual "couples."
what
I'm not going to waste digital ink on why they shouldn't. They themselves knew for 77 years that they shouldn't. Whether to keep government money coming in, or to gain man's approval, they have willingly decided to throw Jesus under the bus. If they don't repent, there will be a price to pay.

They make a mockery of the price that Jesus paid for our sins.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore March 3rd 2021, 9:55 pm

Hey.

Just bow to the Progressives, do what they tell you, and they will pat you on the head, give you a dog biscuit, and not speak bad about you.

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum