RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» May 2024 Thread
by ccm2361 May 4th 2024, 11:39 am

» They Still Remember....
by Jameskostich May 2nd 2024, 2:34 pm

» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool May 2nd 2024, 9:48 am

» Culture Rot
by joecool April 30th 2024, 7:22 pm

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool April 30th 2024, 3:15 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool April 19th 2024, 10:37 pm

» March 2024 Thread
by joecool March 31st 2024, 9:17 am

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17118 messages in 1006 subjects

Culture Rot

+6
RRCmdrBennett
joecool
Canadarangers
Phillip Gross
strods
Mark Jones
10 posters

Page 13 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next

Go down

Culture Rot - Page 13 Empty Re: Culture Rot

Post by RRCmdrBennett January 4th 2017, 6:19 pm

Claymore wrote:Because today is the first day of 2017, our Pastor preached from 2 Chronicles - 2017:

"2 Chronicles 20:17New International Version (NIV)

17 You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you, Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the Lord will be with you.’”

While he was giving his teaching points that the Lord is in control, something occurred to me.  First, there is absolutely NO WAY that anyone could have predicted that the Least Predictable Politically Incorrect Non-Politician could snatch the Bridle and Reins of Power from the The Teeth of Hillary Clinton.  The Left-Wing, Washington Beltway Insiders were in Stunned Disbelief.

Going along with that, I can remember losing in 2008 and in 2012.  I wasn't happy.  It isn't fun to lose.  Obama said, "Elections have Consequences", and they started giving Trillions of Dollars to all of their Left-Wing Supporters through the "Stimulus Package" and grabbed onto 1/3 of the National Economy and the Power of Physical Life & Death through the Affordable Care Act without a single Republican Vote.

I just tried to adapt to what happened and what I thought was going to happen.  I even sold some of my firearms, because it looked like Obama and Nancy Pelosi were going to make them non-transferable without compensation on my death, and I figured that it was smarter to have that money in my estate.

But look at how the Left reacted to their loss in 2016: Crazed Wild Thrashing, Disbelief, Crying, Screaming, Cursing, Threats, Attempts to Overturn the Election Process (and videos by celebrities on Youtube to support this).  

Much of the behavior has seemed Animalistic, (or possibly) even Demonic.

Only God could play Checkers like this.

Acts 4:25-28 KJV
[25] Who by the mouth of thy servant David hast said, Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things? [26] The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ. [27] For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together, [28] For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done.

If God Wills it it will come to pass regardless what choices man makes. If God be for us who can stand against us? With God there is no plan B.

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool January 5th 2017, 7:11 am

Claymore wrote: But look at how the Left reacted to their loss in 2016.

You mean like how 4 minority youts were arrested yesterday for torturing a developmentally disabled man, forcing him to curse Trump while streaming it on live video?
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross January 5th 2017, 7:40 am

Yet the Republicans are the haters.... Rolling Eyes
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett January 5th 2017, 12:55 pm

joecool wrote:
Claymore wrote: But look at how the Left reacted to their loss in 2016.

You mean like how 4 minority youts were arrested yesterday for torturing a developmentally disabled man, forcing him to curse Trump while streaming it on live video?

All this "fake news" I can't stand you Trumpets! lol!

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool January 28th 2017, 6:15 pm

My daughter-in-law is working on her BA degree, which will qualify her preschool for gov't grants, etc. The mandatory class she's currently taking is "Preschool Gender Identity." Yes, folks. This higher-education course is all about knowing how to help the little wee ones answer the all-important question of "Will I be Chris, or Christina?"

My heart weeps. Until a guttural scream starts from somewhere lower. There oughta be a law against liberals.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool January 30th 2017, 11:08 pm

The Boy Scouts is really trying hard to catch up to the progressivism of the Girl Scouts. BSA just announced that they will begin accepting transgendered children into troops.

Where will it all stop? At what point will these organizations realize their losses and return to sanity? Or is the (real) plan just to self-destroy?
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett February 1st 2017, 7:39 pm

joecool wrote:My daughter-in-law is working on her BA degree, which will qualify her preschool for gov't grants, etc. The mandatory class she's currently taking is "Preschool Gender Identity." Yes, folks. This higher-education course is all about knowing how to help the little wee ones answer the all-important question of "Will I be Chris, or Christina?"

My heart weeps. Until a guttural scream starts from somewhere lower. There oughta be a law against liberals.

There is a law, the law of God!

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadarangers February 3rd 2017, 1:02 pm

I was told recently that the only reason why Christian private schools in BC do not have to have a Gay straight club is because of the Christians who work in the Ministry of Education and have direct involvement with the Minister of Ed himself. I am scared to think of what will happen if he is not re elected this year.

RR OP #5
BC&Yukon Dist.
Canada eh.

Canadarangers

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool February 4th 2017, 12:24 pm

Canadarangers wrote: I am scared to think of what will happen if he is not re elected this year.

Are your individual departmental ministers elected independently of your prime minister? Interesting, if so. Here in the US, the winning presidential candidate picks all of his department heads.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool February 12th 2017, 11:32 pm

Can't remember if I mentioned that I was back to teaching 4 classes at the Christian high school. Hard to get it out of my blood. My intention was to do a 1-year stint to help bail out the school, which lost key people to retirement or moving. My wife knew it was for longer than that, and now I see it, too.

If possible, I want to add another class to my schedule next year. The working title would be "Digital Dunamis." Students would write, act, direct and produce videos to place on a new YouTube channel established for that purpose. I want them to see that they can make a difference and influence their generation. Lord knows that my generation largely failed them.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross February 13th 2017, 7:16 am

joecool wrote:Can't remember if I mentioned that I was back to teaching 4 classes at the Christian high school. Hard to get it out of my blood. My intention was to do a 1-year stint to help bail out the school, which lost key people to retirement or moving. My wife knew it was for longer than that, and now I see it, too.
Funny how they have a way of knowing those types of things! Laughing

joecool wrote:If possible, I want to add another class to my schedule next year. The working title would be "Digital Dunamis." Students would write, act, direct and produce videos to place on a new YouTube channel established for that purpose. I want them to see that they can make a difference and influence their generation. Lord knows that my generation largely failed them.
This sounds good. I was listening to GB some time ago and he was talking about his company Mercury One and how they're trying to influence the culture in a positive way through the arts and such. They were pointing out that most of the artists are so liberal. Conservatives have by and large stayed out of the entertainment industry (or have been kept out). Regardless, I think we need to do exactly what you're doing. We need to train and encourage Christians to get into stuff like this to push God's agenda every way we can.

I've heard it said that God creates and Satan distorts. The church has backed away from entertainment in large degree because the enemy has taken over so much instead of getting in and taking it back. Keep us posted on how it all goes for you.

How's your back?
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool February 13th 2017, 2:25 pm

Phillip Gross wrote: How's your back?

Aches and pains from the fall are gone. Now I've got my third cold of the season. The downside of working with kids.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore February 13th 2017, 3:38 pm

Off the Thread Topic, but here is my personal experience....

I used to get a cold or flu every time that one came through Town. Getting sick 3 to 6 times per year was common for me.

After I broke 3 vertebrae in a light aircraft accident, my doctor had a bone density analysis done on me. Along with other things, he prescribed a Vitamin D supplement. I told him that I was taking 1,000 Units of Vitamin D per day. He laughed at me and prescribed 50,000 Units per week.

Besides aiding in Bone Density & Strength, Vitamin D is a known immunity booster and infection fighter. The body creates Vitamin D from sunlight. Because there is much-much less direct sunlight exposure in the winter, and because we are indoors or so bundled up in clothes that it cannot get through, many of us have SOME degree of Vitamin D deficiency by that time of year.

Long story short, I now get viruses about 20% as often as previously.

Now Internet Medical Advice is often worth just what you pay for it, but that is my personal experience.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool February 13th 2017, 5:11 pm

In the last few years, my Pentecostal church has seen a lot of "major" sin. Besides the whole Bethel charis-mania, we've had: 2 homosexuals come out, 1 extreme lifestyle change that led to suicide, 3 unwed mothers, a few divorces, well, you get the picture. Now comes word that a man wants to become a woman. He has a wonderful wife and 4 young sons.

Is this "normal" among Bible-believing churches? If so, how bad must it be in marginal ones? (Or outside any church influence at all?) If not, I'm wondering what our former pastor must have been missing during his years in the pulpit. When I look back, it seems he generally stayed away from so-called controversial subjects.

joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones February 14th 2017, 11:32 am

Joe the "SIN" of the world is all around us. In and out of the Church. Churches are full of unsaved folks that are doing "church" on Sunday's to passify their conscious. I see people every day that are just playing the game. I can't tell them they are playing the game or they will get mad at me.

Best thing is let the Holy Spirit convict them by the preaching of the WORD. Sadly it's not coming from our pulpits very much anymore. With out Jesus we will bust hell wide open. Just knowing who Jesus is, the devil knows that. It takes folk going the distance and accepting and believing and confessing him as Lord and savior and remaining in that.

We often tell people to go beyond the Cross. To grow to eat the meat...grin. The "meat" is at the foot of the cross. There and only there we find what fixes sin. My denomination has opted out for psychology and god. Thing is they have not figured out that God is a Jealous God and HE won't abide with something man made working along side HIS plan.

Lots of folks just have to do something carnal to feel good to be doing their part in the sin problem. It's easy. WE CAN DO NOTHING. YET the Holy Spirit CAN DO ALL because Jesus paid the price and ushered in the Power and Help of God by the Holy Spirit to come and be our Helper. If we just let go and let God the "sins" of man go away. He cleans us up. Not our silly 12 step program to ....fooooolishness.

Mark Jones

p.s. It's all around us here in Springfield. We must get back to God's plan and leave made made ideas in the dump.
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones February 14th 2017, 11:37 am

Had a birthday card given to me yestere day..belated.

Cats picture on the front  "Smokey's saying your getting..old, tired and worn out and forgetful."  Open the card.
Then it says.  Then again Smokey licks his own Butt.  Maybe we shouldn't listen to Smokey so much.  

When I Look all around look on TV and look in and out of the churches...I see a bunch of "Smokeys"  all around.  I listen to the Holy Spirit.  He can clean me up of any sin problem.  GRIN!

Mark Jones
p.s Last man standing over here.
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore February 14th 2017, 2:22 pm

The Church of God in the South has been a "Holiness" Church, meaning that many teach that, when you become saved and have the Holy Spirit within you, you can refrain from all sin, because the Holy Spirit cannot abide with sin.

What I have seen this line of thinking do is to make people prideful and judgemental in their own self-righteousness. Our Pastor saw this in a church that he had visited, where a woman had been excommunicated for getting her hair styled.

We also had one Elder preach that, "If you have asked for Healing, and you have not gotten it; then it is because of unresolved sin in your life."

To that, I say "Bunk". We can all stumble. Jesus said that His Kingdom is not of this World. And for the time being, we live in this "Non-Jesus Kingdom". When we get to the next one, that's a different story.

Not that we shouldn't try to abstain from any sin. But it is GOD who knows how much spiritual effort we are putting into our lives, not the Elder's Wife, two rows to the front.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones February 14th 2017, 5:29 pm

Works doing something besides what Christ has done for us is just out and out carnal. It's mans self help methods of helping himself. God works with us where we are at and if our faith is right works to help us when we mess up... even when were a rompin stomping Spirit Filled saint caught right in the middle of sin. The conviction of sin must hit us. We must turn from it and ask God's help. As long as we keep that up God will keep helping us.

Even if a saint has failed badly like David did... if they hold to this God approved method...they can still be saved and working through a tough time in their life with God's Help.

I don't know a perfect Preacher, Decon, RR leader or man or lady alive today that is above this process. We are all sinners saved only by the Grace of God and we need daily the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives to be More than Over Comers!

Teen Challenge works because they give their life to God to help them. Those that don't do that are helped very little. To say no one is helped by mans methods is not true yet if we want victory over Sin. We need God's methods and then He cleans us up.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore February 15th 2017, 1:47 am

Mark Jones wrote:

Teen Challenge works because they give their life to God to help them............................
Mark Jones

OH.

Greatest of examples!

Thumbs up

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool March 1st 2017, 10:48 pm

Disney is coming out with a live-action version of Beauty and the Beast in a couple of months. Critics are breathlessly gushing over....wait for it....openly homosexual characters who get their "special" moments.

What is with these goofy people making mickey mouse decisions? Are they from Pluto or something?

joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross March 2nd 2017, 11:15 pm

Makes me mad. We did a Beauty and the Beast theme in our store the other weekend because this movie is coming out. We used it as a promotional angle for the store. Had a whole scene set for pictures and even had a live Belle come for a couple hours for the kids. Then I find out about THIS!! Pisses me off how far Disney has fallen. It shouldn't surprise me. They've had sorcery in their movies forever. I guess perversion is the next logical step...
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore March 2nd 2017, 11:25 pm

Disney used to be the MOST trusted Media Source for the kids.  

In the 1950's we used to watch the Mickey Mouse Club and Davy Crockett.  When I was 3 years old, my aunt used to read me the Disney Book about Davy Crockett and Mike Fink going down the Mississippi River in the Flatboat Race.

It's a different Nation............... and when the dinosaurs (like Joecool and myself) die off, there will be no one left to remember -- and the Fake Media will surely not do their job by telling you about it.

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool March 3rd 2017, 12:05 am

I separated myself from Disney when they started making PG-13 movies with a lot of swearing in them. Right after that came their theme park gay days. Been downhill ever since. Their leadership has no moral center. I know people in heaven have better things to do, but Uncle Walt must be shaking his head.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool March 5th 2017, 3:21 pm

Politics is probably the most rotten part of our culture. The weekend news about the wiretapping of Trump's campaign is really picking up steam. The Obama administration had to twice request the FISA court for permission. I wonder if you can "shop around" for a FISA judge like you can for the rest of the judicial system.

A special prosecutor really needs to be appointed to investigate this. What did Obama know, and when did he know it? We need to turn the Democrat's desire to dig for dirt into them digging their own grave.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore March 5th 2017, 10:04 pm

joecool wrote: The Obama administration had to twice request the FISA court for permission. I wonder if you can "shop around" for a FISA judge like you can for the rest of the judicial system.

Well kind-of "Yes" and "No", but I believe mostly "No".  We didn't do FISA Wiretaps, but we did to Criminal "OCEDEF" Wiretaps.  All of our applications went to the Attorney General's Office in Washington D.C., and each had to be approved in the name of the Attorney General --- so they all went to the same place.  

joecool wrote:
A special prosecutor really needs to be appointed to investigate this. What did Obama know, and when did he know it? We need to turn the Democrat's desire to dig for dirt into them digging their own grave.

BINGO!

The Democrats have been yelling "Special Prosecutor" and "Special Investigation" since the third week of the current Presidency.  You want a Special Prosecutor; you can have it.  With FULL powers to investigate conversations alleged to have taken place by Trump's potential Staff, but also to investigate what powers were used by members of the Obama Administration to collect information on Republican Senators, Congressmen, and Presidential Candidates.  And if we are going to investigate ties with candidates with Foreign Governments, then this Investigation also needs to find what was behind the Secretary of State (Clinton) greasing the wheels for the Russians to obtain control of a sizeable percentage of the world's uranium.  What conversations were going on between the Russians and Presidential Candidate Hillary?

and....

If we are looking at meddling in elections by Foreign Governments, then what-all did the friends and acquaintances of Barack Hussein Obama do in an attempt to influence the National Election in Israel?

Special Prosecutor?

In the words of that great Poet and Philosopher, Austin Powers..................,
"Yeah, Baby!".

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum