RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool Yesterday at 10:29 pm

» Culture Rot
by joecool April 24th 2024, 5:33 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool April 19th 2024, 10:37 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Claymore April 3rd 2024, 2:06 am

» March 2024 Thread
by joecool March 31st 2024, 9:17 am

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool March 16th 2024, 9:19 pm

» If It Bleeds...
by ccm2361 March 12th 2024, 7:23 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17107 messages in 1005 subjects

Culture Rot

+6
RRCmdrBennett
joecool
Canadarangers
Phillip Gross
strods
Mark Jones
10 posters

Page 22 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 31  Next

Go down

Culture Rot - Page 22 Empty Re: Culture Rot

Post by Claymore November 21st 2019, 12:33 am

I was raised on a beef & dairy farm, and so was never particularly fond of chicken. But with the flap, a few years ago, I ate at Chick-Fil-A whenever I was in Town at lunch time. I have now had my last Chick-Fil-A meal. Too bad. They served good food at a reasonable price, with outstanding employees.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool November 27th 2019, 1:03 pm

The media is dredging up all their tired clichés. Some agency today released a recording of the shooting of (D) representative Gabby Richards. It made me think of when (R) Steve Scalise was shot. When is HE going to get a Navy ship named after him?

In related news, I'm glad the SecNav was tossed out recently. Too dumb to use the chain of command, among other faults.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool November 27th 2019, 4:08 pm

Claymore wrote: I have now had my last Chick-Fil-A meal.

Turns out that CFA has been giving to multiple pro-LGBT organizations for the last couple of years. Kinda coincides with the death of CFA's founder. Follow-on generations often stray away from their patriarch's solid stand. Look at the OT Hebrews. Look at contemporary Christian mainline denominations. Both allowed themselves to become secularized. (Cue the dark snickering coming from the shadows)
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore November 30th 2019, 6:04 pm

joecool wrote:The media is dredging up all their tired clichés. Some agency today released a recording of the shooting of (D) representative Gabby Richards. It made me think of when (R) Steve Scalise was shot. When is HE going to get a Navy ship named after him?

In related news, I'm glad the SecNav was tossed out recently. Too dumb to use the chain of command, among other faults.

When I heard former Sec. of Navy Richard Spencer's snarky comments, it greatly reminded me of CIA Director James Brennan.  They both seem to have the idea that the ORGANIZATION supersedes the Chain of Command.

I had recollected my own feelings when Bill Klinton and Obama were making their changes to the Military, but upon deeper examination, I see a fundamental difference:

Klinton and Obama were making their changes to use the Military as a means toward the goals of their left-wing allies and supporters.  If the morale and efficiency of the rest of the organization suffered, too bad.  It is for the "greater good".

Trump's decision was just the opposite.  He felt that politically correct bureaucrats and attorneys were destroying the morale and effectiveness of the fighting men at ground level.  He felt that the decision against Navy Seal Eddie Gallagher was "over the top" and excessive, and that the Navy Attorneys were on a mission to make an example of him, not taking into account his prior gallantry, and even violating the Rules of Evidence in the process.

In Special Operations, I have bumped into a few Navy Seals.  I do find many of them to be wrapped too tight, even for the Spec/Ops Fraternity.  When you are operating as an independent unit in wartime, and the rest of the Pentagon is not there to support you when it turns into a "2-way Rifle Range" (where you shoot at the Pop-Up Targets and the Pop-Up Targets shoot back at you), it sometimes requires an amount of independence of thought in order to not lose.  Of course, there are Navy Lawyers back in Washington, who feel that you should be killed, rather than to not remain within the confines of Rules of Engagement.

We have to look at the totality of the situations.  When you are in a Combat Situation, are still wearing the same underwear and haven't had a bath in 2 weeks, being eaten by fleas & parasites, and the "Rules of Engagement" say that you must release a Taliban Bomb Maker who is responsible for killing American Troops, it is difficult to look it from the Washington Attorney's Point of View.

There was a Sergeant Major at Fort Bragg, who was said to have killed numerous Viet Cong with his Entrenching Tool (folding shovel), when his ammunition ran out during a firefight. If you were to dig through the regulations enough, you could probably find that to be a violation, somewhere.

I am not saying the I am completely siding with CPO Gallagher, but it appears that the Department of the Navy handled it very poorly.

They could have given him a review and a Bar from Reenlistment after Retirement Age, and saved themselves a whole lot of embarrassment and a thorny situation for the President.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool November 30th 2019, 11:31 pm

Claymore wrote: I am not saying the I am completely siding with CPO Gallagher, but it appears that the Department of the Navy handled it very poorly.

If memory serves me well, it was this case where the losing lawyers awarded themselves Navy Achievement Medals. What would they have given themselves if they had "won"? Navy Crosses? I absolutely loved it when the President directed that the NAMs be cancelled. (Real JAGs are nothing like those glorified on the TV show.)
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore December 4th 2019, 12:49 pm

Let them spend a Tour in a Gun Turret, or spending 12 hours per day below deck in a greasy smelly engine room, or bouncing into the surf at 2:00 AM during an Insertion in an RB-15, or picking leeches from their groins in the brown water of Southeast Asia, and they will know what the life of a "real" Sailor is.

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool December 6th 2019, 3:49 pm

And another one bites the dust. The Hallmark Channel (which my wife loves) says that "we are continuing to expand our diversity...for LGBTQ movies." I shouldn't be surprised, though. The parent company is Hallmark Cards. I quit buying their products when they started doing gay cards. Everything that liberals touch is ruined. All for 2% of the population.

Not that I'm seriously contemplating it, but there's something to be said about the "Benedict Option." Those who endorse it say that the Dark Ages have returned. And it's time for Christians to build walled communities for like-minded people and hunker down, keeping truth and knowledge alive until the world collapses. Like what the European monks preserved in their monasteries.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool December 14th 2019, 11:52 pm

Went with my son's family to watch the latest Jumanji movie. I had no real interest seeing in it, but it was a chance to spend time with them. But for a "family" film, it felt like non-stop cussing and cheap body jokes. Gritted my teeth all the way through.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool December 20th 2019, 5:18 pm

Well, well, well. Another Christian institution "outs" itself. The editor of Christianity Today dumped on President Trump, listing his so-called crimes and calling for his Senate conviction.

Franklin Graham responded this morning with a long statement. Since the editor had invoked Billy Graham's name in the article, Franklin made it very clear that his Dad had voted for Trump. In detail, he wrote of how the president has been a friend and supporter of Christianity. He also said that the magazine, which Billy had founded, had now become a left-wing supporter left-wing politics.

One of the rare times I came across a copy of Christianity Today, I read the cover article. It was on global warming and looked like it could have been copied from any progressive rag. Like Chick-fil-A, I predict a drop in their revenues.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore December 20th 2019, 9:47 pm

joecool wrote:

Franklin Graham responded this morning with a long statement. Since the editor had invoked Billy Graham's name in the article, Franklin made it very clear that his Dad had voted for Trump. In detail, he wrote of how the president has been a friend and supporter of Christianity. He also said that the magazine, which Billy had founded, had now become a left-wing supporter left-wing politics.

It is interesting how, when the Leftists infiltrate an organization, they will completely reverse the truth of History in order to support their own position.

The signers of the Declaration of Independence would have lost their land, their homes, and would probably have hanged, if Britain had won the Revolutionary War.  They were NOT picking the Safe Side.  Britain was a world-class nation with the world's greatest Navy (that had defeated Spain) and an Army that had recently beaten Napoleon.

America was a bunch of loosely-bound rag-tag colonials who did not even have a Navy or a Standing Army.

However, the "new" version of history is that the Founding Fathers were just a bunch of Old, Greedy, White Male Slave Holders with nothing to lose.

(Oh, by the way... I went to Tupelo, yesterday. There is a Chick-Fil-A that I would previously have had lunch at. I was within 2 blocks of the restaurant, and went past it, without stopping in.)

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool December 20th 2019, 11:32 pm

Reading "The Soul of an American President." Part of it talks about the long process of convincing Eisenhower to run for president. Billy Graham shared with Ike that a judge had recently confided in him, "...if Washington is not cleaned out in the next two or three years, we are going to enter a period of chaos that could bring about our downfall...Sometimes I wonder who is going to win the battle first: the barbarians beating at our gates from without, or the termites of immorality from within."

So thankful that Ike answered the call. So thankful that Trump did, too. History repeats itself.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool December 26th 2019, 11:49 am

I didn't know that the editor of Christianity Today had previously announced that he was leaving his position in the first week of January. So let me get this straight...as editor, he had one final opportunity...(as a columnist said today) to write in support of the kingdom, but instead chose the swamp.

Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!' (One of the scariest lines in the Gospel.)
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool January 4th 2020, 5:18 pm

A long article written by a local reverend was in my newspaper today. He was pushing (hard) for everyone to listen to Jim Wallis, a nationally-known apolitical pastor, who heads the Sojourners ministry. I'd never heard of him, so I dug a little deeper.

Turns out that Wallis formerly advised B. Obama on spiritual matters, lied about getting funding from George Soros, and changed his mind on same-sex marriage. Oh, and he says the right has hijacked Jesus.

Yeah, sounds like just the guy I want to pay attention to. Just another wolf in sheep's clothing.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool February 2nd 2020, 10:49 am

The Attorney General of the state of Iowa says that a certain inmate convicted of sexual molestation of children is no longer a threat to society and should receive an early release. Why? Because surgically transitioning (at the taxpayers' expense) to the opposite sex means he/she can't re-offend. Yes, boys and girls, you have nothing to fear from this man, who sexually molested up to 15 of you.

The AG also said that those who are treated only have a 5-10% possibility of assaulting another victim. Bunk! The correctional facility I used to work at had a sexual offender treatment facility. It was widely acknowledged that only a fraction of them would never sexually assault someone again. And even if it was only 5-10%, I wonder if the AG would let him babysit her child? I think not.

No early release.

joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Roguedawg February 3rd 2020, 7:09 pm

The only way to get away from this sin is death.  

A few months back, I was speaking at a jail ministry.  One of the inmates stated he attended my church off and on.  I seem to remember him a little, but I knew he did not attend very often.  A few days later, I saw his face on the news that he had been arrested for raping, strangling, and drowning a 2 year old.  I almost quit doing the jail ministry, but my boss told me that I knew I would run into someone like this doing the ministry.  I have not seen the guy since.  None of the inmates would have anything to do with him during the chapel service.  I do not think he will fair well in prison though.

Everybody should have access to the Lord, but some people should not trusted to be in a service with other people.

Roguedawg

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool February 4th 2020, 10:21 am

Roguedawg wrote: Everybody should have access to the Lord, but some people should not trusted to be in a service with other people.

At one point, my church was attended by 6 men who were registered sex offenders. A few of us took it upon ourselves to keep a covert eye on them. Don't think they noticed, but we're down to only 1 now. Doesn't really sadden me, though it probably should.

Separate from the above: My best friend is a retired undersheriff. After a service, he recognized one visitor as someone he had once arrested up north. As people were milling about, the visitor had his eyes on a teenaged girl. As she walked around, he was focused on her until she went past the sheriff. That's when the two men locked eyes onto each other. And that was the last we ever saw of him.

Pure evil is what it is.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Roguedawg February 5th 2020, 4:34 pm

joecool wrote:
Roguedawg wrote: Everybody should have access to the Lord, but some people should not trusted to be in a service with other people.

At one point, my church was attended by 6 men who were registered sex offenders. A few of us took it upon ourselves to keep a covert eye on them. Don't think they noticed, but we're down to only 1 now. Doesn't really sadden me, though it probably should.

Separate from the above: My best friend is a retired undersheriff. After a service, he recognized one visitor as someone he had once arrested up north. As people were milling about, the visitor had his eyes on a teenaged girl. As she walked around, he was focused on her until she went past the sheriff. That's when the two men locked eyes onto each other. And that was the last we ever saw of him.

Pure evil is what it is.

Was the undersherriff looking down the barrel of his sidearm at the time?

Roguedawg

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool February 5th 2020, 5:57 pm

Roguedawg wrote: Was the undersherriff looking down the barrel of his sidearm at the time?

Here in Montana, we tend to protect the vulnerable, or at least hammer the predators. In my local paper today:
- a wife-killer got 220 years
- a child rapist got 45 years
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Roguedawg February 9th 2020, 10:22 pm

I work with the Gideon's International doing jail ministry at the Tioga County Jail outside of Owego, NY.  This "Bail Reform" in New York State is really screwing up things.  We used to get out 20-30 inmates for weekly Chapel and now about 5 inmates. They let all these criminals out of jail and they are "giving it" to the citizens.  This Governor Cuomo is really screwing up New York State.  And the guy wants to run for President of the USA!  Are you crazy? So keep this in mind in the future elections.

New York has the highest gun laws in the US.  It seems they want to disarm its citizens and allow criminals ravenge them.  They also want to keep raising taxes on everything.  People and businesses are leaving the state in droves.  What is worse for me is that they are driving right through PA since Governor Wolf is just as bad.

Lord help us.  I am glad that God sits on the throne and has told us warnings of the end times.  So we should not be caught off guard.

Roguedawg

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool February 10th 2020, 12:24 am

Roguedawg wrote: This "Bail Reform" in New York State is really screwing up things.  We used to get out 20-30 inmates for weekly Chapel and now about 5 inmates.  They let all these criminals out of jail and they are "giving it" to the citizens.  This Governor Cuomo is really screwing up New York State.  And the guy wants to run for President of the USA!  Are you crazy?  So keep this in mind in the future elections.

I hope Claymore comments on this issue.

NYC Mayor de Blasio recently gave an interview where he admitted that his "no bail" policy has caused a crime spike in his city. Well, DUH! Why can't people use what little common sense they have in thinking through the ramifications of their decisions? Anybody with half a noodle upstairs could have seen that coming. Oh, I forgot. de Blasio is a self-admitted Socialist. Can you imagine the disaster of President Bernie Sanders? Can you say "Venezuela"?
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool February 14th 2020, 10:40 am

In every denomination, there will always be outliers who push the envelope, even to the point of fighting against God's Word. Eventually, it leads to singular ruin, such as the People's Church under Jim Jones. Sometimes it leads to corporate ruin, such as whole denominations splitting. Sometimes an outlaw church chooses to formally remove itself from accountability and go it alone, like Bethel Church in Calif.

And now something new. Eikon Church in Texas is Assembly of God and figures that they know better than God. They are a "fully inclusive church for the LGBTQ+ community", can provide same-sex weddings, and "individuals from the LGBTQ+ community can serve and be involved in EVERY AREA of Eikon Church from serving to pastoring."

Springfield's response is that they "initiated appropriate action required in dealing with both the minister and the church..."

I have no idea what's going on with the deacons/elders and how they could allow this to happen in their church. The lead pastors there are a husband-wife team, which always raises a caution flag with me. A couple are much too connected/symbiotic to serve as a check to each other.

When an organization shows disunity in the face of cultural pressure, it rarely turns out well. The Boy Scouts, some mainstream denominations, and Chick-fil-A are examples. I'm praying that if there are other squishy Pentecostal churches out there, God-fearing leaders emerge from within.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool February 18th 2020, 11:26 am

Still waiting for the mainstream media to report on it (as they share culpability with the rest of the leftists for ruining a fine institution), but Boy Scouts declared bankruptcy early this morning.

Will local troops and councils have to dig into their own pockets to bail out national? What's going to be left after years of bankruptcy court? Bueller? Bueller?
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool February 19th 2020, 1:25 pm

At least a decade ago, I gave my city a new nickname, the "Berkeley of the Rockies." Whatever I saw back then, it's nothing compared to now.

I didn't bother reading the articles in yesterday's paper, but the headlines made me clench my teeth. Three "drag" events were scheduled for downtown. And our local Catholic college was being picketed by students for putting restrictions on an APPROVED drag event.

Not much difference between Sodom and many of our cities anymore. What is with people always pushing the limits, trying to get away with whatever they can, and screaming "Look at me! Notice me!" And I'm talking about the "normal" liberals, not trans types.

So many innocents will suffer in the days to come. And Satan chuckles.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool March 1st 2020, 9:41 am

My wife used to teach a preschool class with Clifford the Red Dog as their mascot. So she was excited to hear that PBS is rebooting the popular animated series with new episodes. Unfortunately...

The little girl in the show now has 2 mommies. Grrrr! The wife's not happy now. As someone else said, "What's next? Peppermint Patty and Marcie get married?"
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool March 11th 2020, 10:25 am

Might have to start another thread called "Counter Culture Rot." And use it to highlight the positive news that's out there. For example...

Bishop William Love oversees the diocese of Albany, NY. He is bucking his denomination's theology and faces an ecclesial trial in the near future. His offense? He refuses to allow his churches to have same-sex weddings. Yes, that's right. He stands accused of following God's Word. Way to go, Bishop Love!

Reminds me of a question I heard years ago. "If you were on trial for being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?"
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum