RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» They Still Remember....
by Jameskostich Today at 2:34 pm

» May 2024 Thread
by joecool Today at 2:01 pm

» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool Today at 9:48 am

» Culture Rot
by joecool April 30th 2024, 7:22 pm

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool April 30th 2024, 3:15 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool April 19th 2024, 10:37 pm

» March 2024 Thread
by joecool March 31st 2024, 9:17 am

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17117 messages in 1006 subjects

June 2020 Thread

4 posters

Go down

June 2020 Thread Empty June 2020 Thread

Post by joecool May 31st 2020, 8:34 pm

Heavy last few days. Helped my son move his preschool out of a rented building into a new, state-of-the-art facility that opens first thing in the morning. He and his wife are real entrepreneurs, dreaming and building. I'm far too conservative and averse to financial risk to take that kind of risk. But they plan to retire at 50, and they look to be on track.

At the same time, my first grandchild graduated from high school. Seems like just yesterday she was in kindergarten. You younger whipper-snappers out there, don't go too fast and miss it all. Enjoy it while you can.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

June 2020 Thread Empty Re: June 2020 Thread

Post by Claymore June 2nd 2020, 11:11 pm

Hey JoeCool. I just read your "Sea to Shining Mountaintop" for today. I didn't want to irreverently interject into that thread, but you are (more) Fair-Game, here.

The article was about your being on the Drill Team and getting hit on the head with a rifle.

(Silly Navy. In the Infantry, we Hang On to our Rifles.)

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool June 3rd 2020, 10:16 am

Claymore wrote:Hey JoeCool.  I just read your "Sea to Shining Mountaintop" for today.  I didn't want to irreverently interject into that thread, but you are (more) Fair-Game, here.

The article was about your being on the Drill Team and getting hit on the head with a rifle.

(Silly Navy.  In the Infantry, we Hang On to our Rifles.)

I've been waiting a long time for a post like that. You still got it.
lol!
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool June 3rd 2020, 10:21 am

Here in my state, my choice for governor won the primary. He's a self-made businessman (started Montana's silicon valley) who has consistently supported Christian causes with more than his mouth. Four years ago, he lost by a few points to an incumbent Democrat who is terming out.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool June 5th 2020, 11:54 am

A friend just got back from an especially beautiful area of Montana that's been growing over the years. He says that for the last couple of months, out-of-staters have been buying 150 properties sight-unseen, every DAY! Big-city, blue-staters are bailing out en masse. The writing has been on the wall for some time and they've gotten around to reading it.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool June 7th 2020, 12:09 am

I'm back from my first trip after the lockdown eased up. Dinner at a restaurant was sub-par, the hotel's continental breakfast consisted of nothing but granola bars, and my second attempt at breakfast at an eatery was tasteless. I think it's going to take some time before standards return.

But all was made better when Dr. Del Tackett sat down next to me. I was attending training for potential small-group leaders for his new effort, The Engagement. The DVD set will be coming out soon and I'm really looking forward to it. As he described it, The Truth Project was for the brain, and this new one is for the heart. We sure could use it out there.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool June 8th 2020, 9:24 am

What in the world are some mayors thinking, vowing to "defund the police?" While LA and NYC are cutting their budgets, Minneapolis says they're going to disband their department. Here's what I see happening if they do...

1) This one's easy: crime will skyrocket
2) Insurance companies will pull out
3) Bank loans will dry up
4) Police "no-go" zones will be established; gangs and vigilante groups will carve up the cities
5) Through-the-roof unemployment and hopelessness
6) Massive abandonment of cities by those who can afford to
7) (Your answer here)
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 June 13th 2020, 10:37 am

Howdy friends. work is finally slowing down for me. We are back to a full complement of drivers & I a now back in the office most of the time. The Queen of Michigan (Governor Half-whit) has finally relaxed some of her stupid edicts & life is starting to get back to normal.

joecool wrote:What in the world are some mayors thinking, vowing to "defund the police?" While LA and NYC are cutting their budgets, Minneapolis says they're going to disband their department. Here's what I see happening if they do...

1) This one's easy: crime will skyrocket
2) Insurance companies will pull out
3) Bank loans will dry up
4) Police "no-go" zones will be established; gangs and vigilante groups will carve up the cities
5) Through-the-roof unemployment and hopelessness
6) Massive abandonment of cities by those who can afford to
7) (Your answer here)

Isn't interesting that only Democrat mayors are allowing communist revolutionaries to take over parts of their cites.

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool June 14th 2020, 2:51 am

It's o-dark-thirty. Had to leave a campout early to come back, due to pre-evacuation orders because of a forest fire a few miles away from home. Second time in less than 3 years.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool June 17th 2020, 3:59 pm

Another guy and I arranged for two food trucks to park at the LEO building for lunch today. We covered the tab for about 75. They need to know that some of us still appreciate them.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool June 21st 2020, 3:34 pm

As time goes on, I'm less and less interested in Father's Day for myself. I'd rather celebrate the Father's day, which is every day. I owe Him everything.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross June 22nd 2020, 5:44 am

joecool wrote:A friend just got back from an especially beautiful area of Montana that's been growing over the years. He says that for the last couple of months, out-of-staters have been buying 150 properties sight-unseen, every DAY! Big-city, blue-staters are bailing out en masse. The writing has been on the wall for some time and they've gotten around to reading it.
My brother and I were talking about this issue just yesterday. Yes, they are increasingly moving to red states. The concern is whether they will destroy the red states over time with their voting styles, or if they have seen what the blue ideologies have done and try to destroy the red state with their stupidity.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool June 28th 2020, 6:27 pm

Dropped Hulu today, after they went crazy on homosexual stuff. Even added a series about transsexual kids. I've still got 3 weeks of access on the account, so the wife wanted to watch her Brady Bunch today.

All of a sudden, for the first time ever, there's a couple of ads before the program begins. And a minute into the show, it pauses to reload...and never restarts. Hulu's Revenge. We were right to dump them. A pox on their house.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down