RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool Yesterday at 10:29 pm

» Culture Rot
by joecool April 24th 2024, 5:33 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool April 19th 2024, 10:37 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Claymore April 3rd 2024, 2:06 am

» March 2024 Thread
by joecool March 31st 2024, 9:17 am

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool March 16th 2024, 9:19 pm

» If It Bleeds...
by ccm2361 March 12th 2024, 7:23 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17107 messages in 1005 subjects

April 2019 Thread

3 posters

Go down

April 2019 Thread Empty April 2019 Thread

Post by joecool April 6th 2019, 9:58 pm

I've seen an electrocuted body before. I absolutely HATE working on electrical stuff. But the wife's garage door wasn't working. I traced it to one of the safety sensors at the bottom and repaired the wiring.
Not Working
Found bad wires on the opposite side sensor and repaired it. Success.

Stupid cousins of Tom and Jerry.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

April 2019 Thread Empty Re: April 2019 Thread

Post by Mark Jones April 10th 2019, 2:03 pm

Wired in a 220 volt and 110 volt outlet and still alive. Just finished sawing up 4 12" dia logs 4 feet long of Walnut. 200 pounds of pure Walnut logs each. Had to brain storm these past 2 weeks and built a resaw sled on a table with bearings on it. Had Commanders Conference this last weekend and last night dipped all the walnut board ends in melted parifin wax and stickered all 40 of them. Now to store them away for a year.
Shop is getting a work over. Here is the latest on that and the resawing and sled build.

http://readyrangers.tzo.com/2019ShopUpdate/shopupdate2019.htm
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool April 11th 2019, 8:41 am

joecool wrote: Stupid cousins of Tom and Jerry.

And now we've just spent $400 fixing chewed wiring on the wife's car. This means war!
April 2019 Thread 3169784017
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones April 11th 2019, 9:44 am

Squirrels do a lot of damage around here. They chew up phone lines like crazy. Seen them chew up attic electrical wiring. Animals in general chew up lots of stuff. Go get em!
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool April 11th 2019, 6:41 pm

Mark Jones wrote:Squirrels do a lot of damage around here.  They chew up phone lines like crazy. Seen them chew up attic electrical wiring.  Animals in general chew up lots of stuff.  Go get em!

When I was buying traps, the guy said lots of wiring has soy in it. Huh?! Then quit making them that way!
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones April 11th 2019, 7:12 pm

They will eat just about anything. LEAD. Aluminum, Steel. They are constantly chewing to keep their teeth from growing back into their jaws.
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 April 13th 2019, 9:51 am

they can be a real pest
a mouse chewed a bunch of wires under the hood of my mothers car during the winter a couple of years back.
I spliced some of them back together, but others were chewed off so close to the connecter they had to be replaced.
bang

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 April 13th 2019, 10:44 am

How is everyone doing?
I don't find time to get on here much lately. My employer has been working me 55 hours a week. I am quite disgusted with this company. They lied to me about this job & the pay rate.
I took this job, because I was driving truck over nights Sunday - Thursday 52-53 hours a week & my family wasn't doing well with it. I wanted to go back to a Monday-Friday day job, so I could spend evenings at home with my family as my kids are now teenagers & I don't have many years left with them at a home. Right now they still want to do things with me & I want to take maximum advantage of that.

I was told that the hours were Monday through Friday 7AM-430PM, although there would be "some days" I would have to work over.
When I was offered the job (by a 3rd party recruiter) I was offered $1 less per hour, but I would receive a $1-2 per hour raise after 90 days & another (unspecified) raise at 6 months. After this there would be a pay review every 6 months.
Also I would receive a quarterly bonus of 5% (of what I made that quarter)
On day 2 of working for this company I spoke with HR & repeated the promises that were made (raises & bonuses)  & asked if this things were true. I was told "yes"
The only exception was that quarterly bonuses were really 0-5% & the percentage received was based on job performance. OK that is fair I think.
It was all a big LIE

Reality
I have worked for this company for 1 week shy of 6 months.
The hours are really 7-whenever. "Whenever" typically being somewhere between 6 & 7 PM. I have 1 or 2 days a MONTH that I get out of work before 5 PM.
I have not received any raises.
The bonus % I would get is determined by my supervisor. My supervisor is childish & petty for a 40-something man, who is disliked by most of the employees.

He does not like me because I have told him "No, that's illegal" several times when he has asked me to violate federal or state regulations that govern truck driving or load securement. (He is utterly ignorant of said regulations). He doesn't want to hear that, he just wants things to get done.
Also their truck is a piece of junk that has some serious safety issues ,that they will not repair. I have asked multiple times to have issues corrected & each time I get "oh,we will get that in to the shop" but they never do. Under the law, the driver is responsible for the condition of the vehicle & would get any ticket issued. I could refuse to drive the truck until it is fixed proper, but that would result in me being sent home & making no money. Catch 22

On Wednesday I went into HR & spoke with the SAME PERSON. I repeated the question about the raise I was supposed to get. She tells me "I am sorry the recruiter told you those things, they are not true)  Because business is slow right now, there will be no raises or bonuses. (I work 55 hours a week,this is slow? Hate to see busy)
-truck drivers are federally regulated to a maximum of 60 hours in a 6 day period or 70 in 7days for long haul drivers, then you must be off duty for 34 hours straight

Which confirmed my suspicions that I had been lied to & really burnt my biscuits  April 2019 Thread 3169784017

If they had been honest about the hours & pay, I would never have taken this job, because it does not achieve the goal of spending more time with my family.

This may be common, but I have never experienced a company that is this dishonest & cheap.

About 3 weeks ago a new supervisory position was created. I am now under this person, who is much better & is trying to make things better, but she reports to my previous supervisor so her success has been limited.

I am looking for a new job & can not get out of here fast enough

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool April 13th 2019, 4:53 pm

ccm2361 wrote: I am looking for a new job & can not get out of here fast enough.

There's nothing like spending 50+ hours a week in a place you don't like. You've given them long enough to fix things. You've been there long enough to see their true colors. My guess is you're the best employee they have, and they'll miss the quality. Take your hard lessons learned and apply them to the next employer you're looking at.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool April 15th 2019, 4:53 pm

The Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris is burning down to the ground today. On the very same day that 3 Muslim women were sentenced for their 2016 plot to do the same thing. Just a coincidence, though. Right?
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 April 16th 2019, 8:05 pm

joecool wrote:The Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris is burning down to the ground today. On the very same day that 3 Muslim women were sentenced for their 2016 plot to do the same thing. Just a coincidence, though. Right?

Of course its a coincidence

its just a workplace accident Rolling Eyes

Never mind that 10 other French churches have burned down in the last 40 days & THOUSANDS of Christian churches, Jewish synagogues  & Christian & Jewish cemeteries have been vandalized in the last 3years in France.

But from the French authorities it's "move along, nothing to see here" Slap

Lets see...what group in France (UK, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Italy and others too) hates Jews AND Christians? um  

I know! It must be white nationalists! lol!

And in an absolutely astonishing coincidence, every EU country just happens to have taken in MILLIONS of people from this Jew/Christian hating group every year for the last 3 years.

move along, nothing to see here. its absolutely, not ,in any way possible, connected to terrorism.

And then, the biggist church in France burns down on the biggest week on the Christian religious calendar. The French authorities race out to declare it an accident before the flames are even extinguished.
move along, nothing to see here. its absolutely, not ,in any way possible, connected to terrorism.   scratch

Any one who believes anything but the official party line is a crackpot conspiracy theorist

beam me up

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool April 21st 2019, 10:28 am

He is risen......
joecool
joecool