RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool Yesterday at 10:29 pm

» Culture Rot
by joecool April 24th 2024, 5:33 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool April 19th 2024, 10:37 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Claymore April 3rd 2024, 2:06 am

» March 2024 Thread
by joecool March 31st 2024, 9:17 am

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool March 16th 2024, 9:19 pm

» If It Bleeds...
by ccm2361 March 12th 2024, 7:23 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17107 messages in 1005 subjects

March Madness

+2
RRCmdrBennett
Phillip Gross
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

March Madness Empty March Madness

Post by Phillip Gross March 1st 2016, 6:25 am

March is my least favorite month of the year. I like warm weather more than cold, but I hate windy weather! And march is full of wind... The only thing that makes it bearable is that spring is just around the corner! cheers
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

March Madness Empty Re: March Madness

Post by RRCmdrBennett March 2nd 2016, 1:22 am

March can last a little longer this year for me...

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones March 3rd 2016, 11:39 am

Its all good. We have had a great year weather wise. Derby races this weekend and yet I want to go out backpacking. GRRRRR.

Got a new HP spectre I7 (FAST) laptop. 13" my 1 year old asus was ok but it was forever in making videos. This thing chews through them like it's nuthin.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett March 4th 2016, 12:33 am

Mark Jones wrote:Its all good.  We have had a great year weather wise.  Derby races this weekend and yet I want to go out backpacking.  GRRRRR.

Got a new HP spectre I7 (FAST) laptop.  13" my 1 year old asus was ok but it was forever in making videos.  This thing chews through them like it's nuthin.

Mark Jones

You got plans for the old system?

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones March 4th 2016, 1:08 pm

I gave the asus to my mom. It's still like new even after one year in the phone truck. I bought a 3 year protection plan for it. I think it will outlast the protection plan. 1st one I have had that did outlast it. I would have bought a asus again if they had one that small and that fast.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool March 4th 2016, 1:52 pm

Waaay back when, my Dad convinced my brother and I to buy an old wood boat. He paid for the restoration and we all put the mega-hours into it. Built in 1932 (by the same company that later made the first hydroplane racer), it was designed to quickly haul booze from Canada into the Seattle area during Prohibition. It was 28 feet long and probably no more than 8 feet wide.

So I'm looking online and find a 1960 boat that kind of resembles it, except for the length. It's 2 hours away and I'm waiting for the owner to respond to my e-mail Here's hoping!

www.missoula.craigslist.org/boa/5468647956

joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross March 4th 2016, 3:48 pm

Your link didn't work, but is this it?
https://missoula.craigslist.org/boa/5468647956.html

Buy it! I love wooden boats!
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool March 4th 2016, 4:56 pm

Arrr, that's the right link. I'm a bit partial to wooden vessels, meself.

(Resist the impulse, Claymore.)
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore March 4th 2016, 7:01 pm

joecool wrote:

(Resist the impulse, Claymore.)

No. This Cat can't resist THAT Piece of String.

And remember what they say are the two happiest days in the life of a Boat Owner..........................

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross March 4th 2016, 8:02 pm

That's only for people who don't REALLY love being on the water.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore March 4th 2016, 8:45 pm

One of my worst nightmares was that I made a free-fall jump over water.

My parachutes failed, I struck the water, broke both legs, and drowned.

Now analyze that one, Mr. Freud.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross March 4th 2016, 11:32 pm

Water cleanses, so.... you have a deep desire to die clean???
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross March 5th 2016, 1:57 pm

The boys are off to a good start in baseball. Had opening ceremonies today and then they played their first regular season game winning 18-3.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool March 5th 2016, 2:55 pm

Phillip Gross wrote:The boys are off to a good start in baseball. Had opening ceremonies today and then they played their first regular season game winning 18-3.

Looks like a football score. Nothing but field goals. cheers
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross March 5th 2016, 3:04 pm

It started to become painful after awhile. I've been on the other side of scores like that before, and it's no fun.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool March 5th 2016, 3:55 pm

Biggest night of the youth center yesterday with 13 teens, and some were first-timers. Got a call from a Mom this morning who saw us on our city's community events website. She's been looking for a safe place for her daughter and her friends.

We're starting up life skills classes (buying a car, cooking for one, self defense, etc) next month. Working towards getting newspaper coverage. Growing slow and steady, which happens to be my style. In it for the long haul.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross March 5th 2016, 5:34 pm

joecool wrote:

We're starting up life skills classes (buying a car, cooking for one, self defense, etc) next month.
That's a good idea. Skills definitely missing in a lot of people.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool March 6th 2016, 3:52 pm

Recently read a book about Reagan's years leading up to the presidency. What a story, what a man. And now his wife Nancy passed away today. Back together again.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore March 6th 2016, 10:14 pm

They were the "right people at the right time".

A lot of people do not remember how weak our Nation was perceived to be in the late 1970's under Jimmy Carter.

A two-bit dictatorial nation (Iran) stormed the U.S. Embassy, and kept American Marines and Diplomatic Personnel as Hostages for 444 days.

I was in Special Forces at the time, and our morale was in the gutter. Jimmy Carter cut the funds for S.F. by 50%.  (He felt that we were "dirty fighters", and that he could accomplish anything that we could to with photographic satellites & airplanes.)

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool March 6th 2016, 10:57 pm

How I remember the Carter years. Doom, despair and agony, just like the guys on Hee Haw would sing. The Navy was a shell of what it had been. Some ships couldn't get underway for lack of enough qualified sailors and poor equipment condition. We're getting close to it again with the present administration. Meanwhile, politically correct administrators and flag officers are all about diversity in the ranks. Pentagon homosexual celebrations, transgendered recruits being sought after, and recent moaning about the lack of minority volunteers for the AF Thunderbirds. Putin's Spetsnaz just smiles.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore March 6th 2016, 11:05 pm

joecool wrote: Putin's Spetsnaz just smiles.

Ah, Spetsnaz..............

from Russia, with love............

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

March Madness Empty A message from your new Head of state

Post by Canadarangers March 6th 2016, 11:29 pm

Tell me if you heard this one before..... sorry it's a bit long

To the citizens of the United States of America from Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II

In light of your failure to financially manage yourselves and inability to nominate competent candidates to govern yourselves responsibly, we hereby give notice of the revocation of your independence, effective immediately. (You should look up ‘revocation’ in the Oxford English Dictionary.)

Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will resume monarchical duties over all states, commonwealths, and territories (except Kansas, which she does not fancy).

Your new Prime Minister, David William Donald Cameron, will appoint a Governor for the former United States of America without the need for further elections. Congress and the Senate will be disbanded. A questionnaire may be circulated sometime next year to determine whether any of you noticed.

To aid in the transition to a British Crown dependency, the following rules are introduced with immediate effect:

1. You will learn that the suffix ˜burgh” is pronounced “burra”; you may elect to spell Pittsburgh as ˜Pittsberg” if you find you simply can’t cope with correct pronunciation. Then look up “aluminum” and check the pronunciation guide. You will be amazed at just how wrongly you have been pronouncing it.

2. The letter “U” will be reinstated in words such as ˜colour”, “favour” and “neighbour”. Likewise, you will learn to spell “doughnut” without skipping half the letters.

3.Generally, you will be expected to raise your vocabulary to acceptable levels (look up “vocabulary”). Using the same twenty-seven words interspersed with filler noises such as “like” and “you know” is an unacceptable and inefficient form of communication.

4.There is no such thing as “US English”. We will let Microsoft know on your behalf. The Microsoft spell-checker will be adjusted to take account of the reinstated letter “u”.

5.You will relearn your original national anthem, “God Save The Queen”, but only after fully carrying out Task #1 (see above).

6. July 4th will no longer be celebrated as a holiday.

7. You will learn to resolve personal issues without using guns, lawyers, or therapists. The fact that you need so many lawyers and therapists shows that you’re not quite ready to be independent. Guns should only be handled by adults and then used solely for shooting grouse. If you’re not adult enough to sort things out without suing someone or speaking to a therapist, then you’re not ready to handle a gun, let alone shoot grouse.

8. Therefore, you will no longer be allowed to own or carry anything more dangerous than a vegetable peeler. A permit will be required if you wish to carry a vegetable peeler in public.

9. All American cars are hereby banned. They are crap and this is for your own good. When we show you German cars, you will understand what we mean.

10. All intersections will be replaced with roundabouts, and you will start driving on the left side with immediate effect. At the same time, you will go metric with immediate effect and without the benefit of conversion tables. Both roundabouts and metrication will help you understand the British sense of humour.
The former United States of America will adopt the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland prices on petrol (which you have been calling “gasoline”) of roughly $10/US gallon. Get used to it.

11.You will learn to make real chips. Those things you call French Fries are not real chips, and those things you insist on calling potato chips are properly called crisps. Real chips are thick cut, fried in animal fat, and dressed not with catsup but with malt vinegar.

12. The cold, tasteless stuff you insist on calling “beer” is not actually beer at all. Henceforth, only proper British Bitter will be referred to as beer, and European brews of known and accepted provenance will be referred to as Lager. Canadian beer is also acceptable,They are also part of the British Commonwealth – see what it did for them. American brands will be referred to as Near-Frozen Gnat’s Urine, so that all can be sold without risk of further confusion.

13. Hollywood will be required occasionally to cast English actors as good guys. Hollywood will also be required to cast English actors to play English characters. Watching Andie Macdowell attempt English dialogue in Four Weddings and a Funeral was an experience akin to having one’s ears removed with a cheese grater.

14.You will cease playing “American” Football. There are only two kinds of proper football; one you call soccer, and rugby. Those of you brave enough will, in time, be allowed to play rugby (which has some similarities to American Football, but does not involve stopping for a rest every twenty seconds or wearing full kevlar body armour like a bunch of nancies or Jessies – English slangs for effeminate males and blouses for big girls respectively).

15. Further, you will stop playing baseball. It is not reasonable to host an event called the “World Series” for a game which is not played outside of the United States of America. Since only 2.1% of you are aware there is a world beyond your borders, your error is understandable. You will learn cricket.

16. You must tell us who killed JFK. It’s been driving us mad.

17. An inland revenue agent (i.e. tax collector) from Her Majesty’s Government will be with you shortly to ensure the acquisition of all monies due (backdated to 1776).

18. Daily Tea Time begins promptly at 4 p.m. with proper cups, with saucers, and never mugs, with high quality biscuits (cookies) and cakes; plus strawberries (with cream) when in season.

Thank you for your cooperation.

RR OP #5
BC&Yukon Dist.
Canada eh.

Canadarangers

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore March 6th 2016, 11:48 pm

Canadarangers wrote:

Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will resume monarchical duties over all states, commonwealths, and territories.................................

It pretty-much sounds reasonable, but...........................

Then who is going to bail the British Empire out of the NEXT World War?

Rhodesia? (oh, never mind.)

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool March 7th 2016, 9:52 am

Canadarangers wrote: To the citizens of the United States of America from Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II...

2. So what's up with "wot"?
5. Last time we were forced to sing a Brit anthem, George was the monarch. Or was he a queen?
6. Not celebrated correctly anyway.
9. Only if it means a 1971 VW Beetle convertible.
11./12. And why does all their food have to be bitter?
13. Good guy roles abound. Ask Mr. Bean.
17./18. Tea party? Yeah, we can have another one by the bay.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore March 7th 2016, 1:43 pm

By the way, CanadaRangers;

How's it coming; getting Queen Elizabeth to "come around" to identifying with her Commonwealth Canadian Members in her vocabulary?

I'd love to hear her say, "Bunch of Hosers, Eh?".

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next