RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» March 2024 Thread
by joecool Yesterday at 8:22 am

» Culture Rot
by joecool March 24th 2024, 7:09 pm

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool March 16th 2024, 9:19 pm

» If It Bleeds...
by ccm2361 March 12th 2024, 7:23 pm

» Small Church Survival
by joecool March 11th 2024, 11:05 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Claymore March 10th 2024, 4:04 pm

» Common Sense
by joecool February 26th 2024, 9:15 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool February 20th 2024, 4:18 pm

» February 2024 Thread
by Claymore February 16th 2024, 5:20 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17078 messages in 1004 subjects

Culture Rot

+6
RRCmdrBennett
joecool
Canadarangers
Phillip Gross
strods
Mark Jones
10 posters

Page 8 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 31  Next

Go down

Culture Rot - Page 8 Empty Re: Culture Rot

Post by RRCmdrBennett August 6th 2015, 1:13 am

Claymore wrote:I don't suppose that God is going to open up the clouds and show Obama the symbol of Jesus, and tell him to "go forth in this sign" like he did to Emperor Constantine during the Last Great Degenerate World Empire?

Do you believe the USA is another "degenerate world empire" akin to the Romans?

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore August 6th 2015, 1:55 am

RRCmdrBennett wrote:
Claymore wrote:I don't suppose that God is going to open up the clouds and show Obama the symbol of Jesus, and tell him to "go forth in this sign" like he did to Emperor Constantine during the Last Great Degenerate World Empire?

Do you believe the USA is another "degenerate world empire" akin to the Romans?

Well, it's surely not the God-Fearing Nation that was founded upon Biblical Principles 250 years ago.

The ancient Philistine and Babylonian Empires sacrificed their children to Baal and Molech.  It was done with the approval of the Government, and I'm sure that it was a convenient way to be rid of children that would, otherwise, be a burden in your life.

The Romans suffocated unwanted children within the first 2 or 3 days of life.  Socially acceptable.

And now we have videos of "Doctors" selling parts (or complete bodies) of killed infants, and the Leading Presidential Candidate for the Democratic Party is condemning anyone who wants to curtail this practice as being evil, "Anti-Woman", and "Against Women's Health Care".

Yes, kids can be "inconvenient", and sometimes doing the right thing can be inconvenient.

The Pax Romana lasted about 200 years (from 27 BC to 187 AD). The Pax Americana has lasted from about 1953 to the present. But I believe that it is about to end, because we have lost our teeth, and Russian, Chinese, and possibly Iranian aggression is getting ready to explode.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett August 6th 2015, 6:12 am

Explain "pax Americana" 1953?

Many claim the founders had Christian influence but were not fundamentalist evangelical types we like to imagine. That they were "free thinkers", masons with beliefs ranging in ancient philosophies, and deists.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore August 7th 2015, 12:29 am

RRCmdrBennett wrote:Explain "pax Americana" 1953?

There were/are actually TWO "Pax Americanas".

The first is the "Pax Americana of the Western Hemisphere".  The original "Monroe Doctrine" of 1823 warned European Nations that any further attempts of Colonization or Conquest of lands in North/South America would result in War with the United States.

With the defeat of the Spain in the Spanish American War (1898) we kicked Spain out of Cuba and Puerto Rico.  The United States remained the "Policeman of the Western Hemisphere", and there has not been a major shooting war here since then.

The "Pax Americana of the World" essentially started after the Korean War and the establishment of NATO, SEATO, and similar Treaty Organizations led by the United States.  While there have been small regional wars (Congo, Vietnam, Bosnia, etc) they were all pretty-much confined conflicts, and never grew into the huge Scorched-Earth bloodletting affairs of other wars prior to 1953: Napoleonic Wars, WWI, WWII, etc.

This has been credited, in great part, to American Leadership and Military Strength.

Unfortunately, this Leadership and Military Strength has been pretty-much dismantled under the current President, with his ".....Spread the Wealth Around" attitude about Military Strength and Nuclear Weapons.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool August 7th 2015, 2:20 pm

Claymore wrote: Unfortunately, this Leadership and Military Strength has been pretty-much dismantled under the current President, with his ".....Spread the Wealth Around" attitude about Military Strength and Nuclear Weapons.

And while the cultural rot has certainly accelerated over the past 6 1/2 years, I think we can safely say that we lost our Moral Strength in 1973. Vladimir Putin boasts that Russia is the only major country that is upholding family values. Pretty sad when you have to give the statement due thought.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett August 8th 2015, 12:22 am

I think the secone pax Americana can only last so long.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross August 8th 2015, 12:41 am

Now you sound like an American't instead of an American! Wink
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool August 18th 2015, 6:36 pm

Get your kids out of public schools! A powerful leftist organization is getting backing from teacher's unions. What is it this time? Teachers will be encouraged to address the kids as "friends or students", instead of "boys and girls." Yes, that's right. Can't have confused kids feeling bad since they're somewhere in between being a boy or a girl. Funny. I don't remember anybody being confused until the progressives took over.

That reminds me. Target stores will no longer use signage that separates toys as being for boys or for girls. Another place no longer on my patronage list.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross August 18th 2015, 6:55 pm

My wife said the same thing. Target crossed the proverbial line with her when they did that.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross August 18th 2015, 7:02 pm

And yes, I agree that everyone should pull their kids out of the public indoctrination system asap! People take more care with a seedling plant to make sure it's not destroyed from harmful outside influences before it's grown than they do their own kids.

The funny one I hear from people is that the public screwls are a "mission field" for their kids. Ha! Whom do you really think is influencing who more? The world, or the kids from Christian homes? Just look at the results and tell me how that's working.... The church is losing young people at an alarming rate. Wake up America!
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool August 18th 2015, 11:10 pm

According to Barna, 80% of kids who were raised in a Christian home walk away from their faith when they go out on their own. Possible reasons: they were living their parents' faith, not their own; IF their church had a youth group, it focused too much on fun; etc.

As I'm homeschooling my grand-daughter, her Bible class will start off by using the Lee Strobel kid series: The Case For Christ...For Faith...For A Creator...and For Grace. Paul says we should always be ready to give an answer, and these will help. Age-appropriate apologetics to toughen her mind.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross August 19th 2015, 6:51 am

joecool wrote:

As I'm homeschooling my grand-daughter, her Bible class will start off by using the Lee Strobel kid series: The Case For Christ...For Faith...For A Creator...and For Grace. Paul says we should always be ready to give an answer, and these will help. Age-appropriate apologetics to toughen her mind.
Awesome! I'm going to look into that for my kids too.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones August 19th 2015, 7:16 am

My daughter was in public school in Kindergarten. We pulled her out and home schooled for a year then my wife put her in a Christian School. Then at the age of 16 my daughter Mindy asked if it would be ok to put her in Public School. She felt the Lord was leading her to be a witness to the school system in Ozark. 2000 plus kids in her highschool.

She brought her bible with her every day and it sat on her desk. She witnessed to many folks bringing many to church. Her Senior year they called her the Jesus Girl. Her Sr. Year they elected her Prom Queen. So for most folks I agree public school can be a big step in the wrong direction but when God is in it and He is leading by His Holy Spirit... it may just be the Mission Field that God puts one in.

My son was home schooled his entire highschool years. He brings his Bible to work and it sits on his Forklift at work. Folks take notice and ask him about it.

Each one is different some are called to go and do. Most are not. Protect our Kids.

Mark Jones

Phillip Gross wrote:And yes, I agree that everyone should pull their kids out of the public indoctrination system asap! People take more care with a seedling plant to make sure it's not destroyed from harmful outside influences  before it's grown than they do their own kids.

The funny one I hear from people is that the public screwls are a "mission field" for their kids. Ha! Whom do you really think is influencing who more? The world, or the kids from Christian homes? Just look at the results and tell me how that's working.... The church is losing young people at an alarming rate. Wake up America!
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool August 19th 2015, 9:57 am

If you're not familiar with Lee Strobel, he was a Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter/editor with a Chicago newspaper. And an atheist. His wife got saved and eventually gave her husband a challenge. "Use your investigative skills to see if Jesus is really who he said he was." So he did, and he got saved. His above books have adult, teen and kid versions. He's also written a few smaller works on the Case for Christmas...Easter, and the like.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool August 21st 2015, 3:24 pm

Plenty of time to think when you're pulling weeds at church. A random thought came to the forefront. Did our culture get a two-fer?

I'm referring to the baseness of movies, commercials, TV shows, public school programs, etc., which has influenced and brainwashed old boys (I won't call them men) into becoming the type of persons that routinely hurt young women. And then many of the latter turn to homosexuality to forever leave men out of their lives.

So culture gets what it wants. An even more soiled and permissive society.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett August 21st 2015, 8:45 pm

Philip, I totally agree on the mission field the kids aren't ready yet.

American't last forever. Men like Lincoln compares us to Israel. Well we see often how they slid down into idolatry and God handed them into the hands of their enemies.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross August 21st 2015, 10:50 pm

But I do see Mark's point and have seen kids like his do great at public school. It's just one of those areas to take great caution in as with any ministry outreach.

I believe there are those who can go into difficult situations and minister to people at biker rallies, bars, etc. But many people would possibly fall back into sin by being around that scene. There definitely needs to be a legitimate call of God to do certain ministries and then a major support structure in place to make individuals aware if they begin to falter in their convictions. Same with kids in high school. And that's probably where the problem arises. Most people probably think their home life is a strong enough support structure for the student to stay strong. Some families are, but many aren't. And they don't want to admit that to themselves so they send their kids off to hang out with the wolves.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool August 21st 2015, 11:20 pm

Phillip Gross wrote: I believe there are those who can go into difficult situations and minister to people

You don't have to be a kid to fall prey to the wolves. I know of a guy who started an anti-sex slavery ministry. Moved himself and his wife to Thailand. Within 6 months he dumped his wife and went to the dark side. No one's heard of him since. His wife has carried on the ministry without him.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross August 21st 2015, 11:26 pm

That's horrible. As the saying goes, your greatest strength is to know your weaknesses.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett August 22nd 2015, 12:54 am

Beware of man who whose passion is to free sex slaves... He may have ulterior motives.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore August 22nd 2015, 1:15 am

joecool wrote:
Phillip Gross wrote: I believe there are those who can go into difficult situations and minister to people

You don't have to be a kid to fall prey to the wolves. I know of a guy who started an anti-sex slavery ministry. Moved himself and his wife to Thailand. Within 6 months he dumped his wife and went to the dark side. No one's heard of him since. His wife has carried on the ministry without him.

Ditto.

I knew a cop who was working a special assignment to get intelligence on the Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs. He started riding a Harley, hanging around them, and going to their Social Functions.

"Long Story Short", Outlaw Bikers don't stay out of jail by being stupid. He eventually went over to their side, and the "Intelligence Flow" wasn't from the Biker Gang into the Police; it was from the Police into the Biker Gang.

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett August 22nd 2015, 5:20 pm

How long did it take to catch onto him?

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore August 22nd 2015, 7:20 pm

We knew within 6 months that he was getting too close to his work-interest.

He went over to another Federal Agency (with a 3-letter name). He eventually got tied up in an internal investigation with them, and left Federal Service.

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool August 22nd 2015, 9:28 pm

joecool wrote: Speaker of the House John Boehner isn't a fan of defunding Planned Parenthood. Why? Could it have anything to do with the fact that his personal health policy advisor is a sister to the CEO/founder of Stem Express, which is at the center of this reprehensible scandal? Wash, DC was originally a swamp. It still is.

Update: Boehner's advisor just resigned to become a lobbyist (for what, the article didn't say). Shine the light and the cockroaches scatter. Now, if we can up the wattage, maybe Boehner will go away, too.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore August 22nd 2015, 10:27 pm

Well, so much for our Shining White Knight Speaker of the House who was going to rally us to conservative victory.

I guess that Mark R Levin is right; Boehner is just another RINO.

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum