RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» What Your Outpost Did This Week.
by Claymore Today at 1:00 pm

» May 2024 Thread
by ccm2361 May 4th 2024, 11:39 am

» They Still Remember....
by Jameskostich May 2nd 2024, 2:34 pm

» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool May 2nd 2024, 9:48 am

» Culture Rot
by joecool April 30th 2024, 7:22 pm

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool April 30th 2024, 3:15 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool April 19th 2024, 10:37 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17119 messages in 1006 subjects

Pow Wow Pandemic and Camporama Pandemic

5 posters

Go down

Pow Wow Pandemic and Camporama Pandemic Empty Pow Wow Pandemic and Camporama Pandemic

Post by Mark Jones May 12th 2020, 12:56 pm

Well hum. This Friday is our scheduled Frontier Adventure.
Bat Cave was my last campout. It's tough when you don't get to go camp out on the ground with out a sleeping bag.

Yup. Missed out on the Survival Campout. Yup missed out on Pow Wow work day. Yup missing out on Frontier Adventure and Spring Outing. Hum. Pow Wow has been canceled and Camporama has been postponed until next year.

Next thing on the Ranger Calendar is August Cardboard boat Regatta...not canceled as of yet.

What frosts my pumkin the most is I have a 3000.00 dollar FCF tent that is 6 months old that has NEVER BEEN SETUP!

The devil sure knows how to steal my joy!

Well one good thing is I am working outside each day and it's raining and raining and raining.....hum.....whats that I don't hear any lightning.... so back to it. GRIN! I can't wait until we are virus clear!
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Pow Wow Pandemic and Camporama Pandemic Empty Re: Pow Wow Pandemic and Camporama Pandemic

Post by joecool May 12th 2020, 3:38 pm

This is the 19th virus in the China series, so there will always be another one on the horizon. What we need is a WHO that isn't in bed with the Chinese Communist Party, fewer Chicken Littles, fewer media outlets that try to earn more advertising clicks with Armageddon-like headlines, and definitely less attention to leftists (but I repeat myself).

Our Ranger Mountain isn't a "go" yet, and it's only 5 weeks away. But the District did say that it was combining boys and girls into the same weekend. (That sound you heard was the paradigm box breaking.) As a church, we have committed to going, even if we're the only group. So, take that Satan!
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Pow Wow Pandemic and Camporama Pandemic Empty Re: Pow Wow Pandemic and Camporama Pandemic

Post by Claymore May 13th 2020, 2:48 am

We have been shut down for over a month, now.

Church now has Parking Lot Services, and we are starting Sunday Mornings with Social Distancing between rows of seats. Rangers & the other kids' groups are not running, yet.

I think that, as the boys are probably driving their parents nuts, I will have a Black Powder Day for them on my range, next Wednesday.

Class in the Morning, Beans & Hotdogs for Lunch, and Shooting in the Afternoon.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 May 16th 2020, 1:02 pm

Our church has been shut down too. The Queen (Spelled Governor) has decreed that no shall go to church until she decides the time is right. Now of course, marijuana shops, lottery tickets, liqour stores, that is all essential. Rolling Eyes

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool May 16th 2020, 10:52 pm

ccm2361 wrote:Our church has been shut down too. The Queen (Spelled Governor)  has decreed that no shall go to church until  she decides the time is right. Now of course, marijuana shops, lottery tickets, liqour stores, that is all essential. Rolling Eyes

I just had a moment of crystal-clear clarity. Drugs, gambling and booze all contribute to the government's tax coffers. Church doesn't. Only if the church paid taxes would we be considered essential.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones May 19th 2020, 8:08 am

We went to Church Sunday morning. It was nice. We social distanced. every other pew and hand sanitizer. No socializing. We went to our seats and were asked to stay there as family units. After a good morning service shorted by 1/2 hour we went out into the parking lot and said Hi to our church family.

My work has me going into peoples houses went in 2 yesterday. One older guy was fearful of me in there. I assured him I was as cautious as he was. I wear my mask and and booties for the most part and spray what ever I touch and advised him to spray after I leave. I don't touch much.

Some folks don't act any differently. Others are gripped in fear. We have a clean station out in the garage. Spray and wipe down everything. Spray our feet and souls of our shoes and I change clothes and take a bath first thing when I get home.

One good thing in this is It's nice finding people home when I need to go in their back yards to access the telco plant in their yards.

I will be glad when we get this thing licked and be back to socializing again.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool May 19th 2020, 4:18 pm

After a 3-month pause, we got back to holding our LXG men's group meeting. It stands for League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, borrowing from a Sean Connery movie. Our guiding verse is from Isaiah 11:2, "The Lord's Spirit will rest on him a Spirit that gives extraordinary wisdom, a Spirit that provides the ability to execute plans, a Spirit that produces absolute loyalty to the Lord." (New English Translation)

We talk about the issues of the day, and I'm hopeful that the talk one day turns into God-inspired action.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore May 27th 2020, 11:04 am

Our Black Powder Day for the Rangers was a success. Our High-Shooter was a 14 year-old boy who had never shot a gun, other than BB-Guns in the Fellowship Hall. At first, he was a bit intimidated by the smoke and noise of the rifle, but after he started shooting groups with the bullet holes touching each other, he started to think that this was pretty-fun.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones May 27th 2020, 11:09 am

Glad to hear the good report. We will get out for the first time and go on a float trip in 8 days. Just a day float. We have not met for RR at church in almost 3 months. We have been Zooming on Wed nights for 30 minutes for the past month.
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett July 9th 2020, 10:46 pm

Now the Plandemic here by decree of King De(S)Wine is everyone has to wear masks in public starting tomorrow. Now they claim the covid is like an aerosol when you talk it can go 40 ft away lol. I’m glad to be running yard jockey instead of On The Road trucking with the riots going on.

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool October 4th 2021, 5:35 am

I was just thinking about this never-ending pandemic. We're not the only country that has over-reacted. For example, Vietnam just ended their 3-month lockdown, Australia is still bonkers, etc.

COVID shot mandates are spreading world-wide. What will non-vaxxer missionaries do when it comes right down to it? Take the jab or go to another country? Pray for them.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 October 5th 2021, 8:56 pm

Kind of makes you think there is more to than just a "vaccine". When they are fiending this hard to get people to take it.

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett October 6th 2021, 6:27 pm

I hear “Science” aka Fauci doesn’t think we can celebrate Christmas 🎄 this year but celebrating Biden’s theft of the WH is alright…

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool October 8th 2021, 4:08 pm

Can't get snow tires (in Montana); on order. Can't eat at my favorite cafe for part of the week; not enough workers. Can't get my purchases put in a bag; not available. Can't get contractors to take care of repairs at church; again, not enough workers. Can't get "Christmas" gifts into the pipeline for timely delivery; an economic disaster in the making for many companies and stores. Food inflation, fuel inflation, feckless inflation.

(But if the Dems have their way, there will be hundreds of thousands of jobs available in the IRS and the Civilian Climate Change Corps. Assuming the snowflakes want to work.)

This is the new normal, people. Get used to it. Forgo your lattes and latest iPhone. Stock up on the basics. Get yourself into a position of being able to help others.

Who's used to working hard? Who's able to work hard (or at least smart)? It's us retired guys with skills, that's who! But if we exceed an artificially low earnings limit, we get hammered. Lift that and a sizable portion of the 12 million open jobs gets filled!

If any one of you has the ear of an elected official, share my thoughts with them. And take credit for it. I don't mind.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

RRCmdrBennett likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool October 9th 2021, 3:38 pm

I'm getting ready to give a presentation to my church's leadership team next week. It addresses how things have changed since the pandemic started, and is intended to get them to start praying and thinking about the future. Because it's not fair for the pastor to carry the whole load.

I seem to have created a new phrase to describe today's Christian: Facetime vs Facebook. Or, in other words, those who come to church in person versus those who watch online. Back in April 2020, even after the end of the hard lockdown, we were down over 50 people. But at least we knew that dozens of homes were watching our services online. Flash-forward a year and a half later, and we're still short 50 people. But only a half dozen homes are watching online. Where have they gone?

While our church has survived the worst of COVID, we have by no means thrived. I would imagine that we are far from alone in this. Misery loves company. But it's time to move on and bust a move.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool October 14th 2021, 7:03 pm

I do not like how my Dept of the Navy (which includes the Marine Corps) has changed.

Lieutenant Colonel Schueller pleaded guilty today to a list of misdemeanors. He likely won't go to prison, but he loses everything, and this after 17 years of faithful service. He should have gotten a medal for asking that his superiors take responsibility for the loss of 13 service members in Kabul. But I realize that the brass are now liberal and woke. After all, LtColonel Vindman was widely praised for what he did to Trump.

And it was also revealed today that any sailor who misses the COVID jab deadline will receive a general discharge, which carries with it the loss of some benefits. On top of that, they may require that those sailors pay back the cost of the training they received. Grrrrrrrrrrrr! Snap! Chomp!

I will do my best not to mention stuff like this at the school where I've been asked to speak on Veteran's Day.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool October 16th 2021, 8:47 am

Phizer made uncounted billions off the jab, and to make more, they're going after the unvaccinated. They filed Patent # US 11,107,588 on Aug 31st. (I doubt they would go through the effort if the gov't hadn't already told them they wanted it.) It's 53 pages long, but all you need to know is in the Abstract on page 1. Basically, it's designed to track me down. Unfortunately for them, I don't have a mobile phone.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool October 18th 2021, 7:16 pm

joecool wrote: Who's used to working hard? Who's able to work hard (or at least smart)? It's us retired guys with skills, that's who! But if we exceed an artificially low earnings limit, we get hammered. Lift that and a sizable portion of the 12 million open jobs gets filled! If any one of you has the ear of an elected official, share my thoughts with them. And take credit for it. I don't mind.

I got a response on the above Social Security idea from one of my senators. I can't tell if it's a really nice "form letter", or if his aide (Legislative Correspondent) is genuinely interested in continuing a conversation. After all, I'm just lil' ol' Joe Cool out in the Rockies. Maybe I'll research the numbers and put together a more detailed proposal.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down