RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» What Your Outpost Did This Week.
by Claymore Today at 1:00 pm

» May 2024 Thread
by ccm2361 May 4th 2024, 11:39 am

» They Still Remember....
by Jameskostich May 2nd 2024, 2:34 pm

» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool May 2nd 2024, 9:48 am

» Culture Rot
by joecool April 30th 2024, 7:22 pm

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool April 30th 2024, 3:15 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool April 19th 2024, 10:37 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17119 messages in 1006 subjects

Camporama did you get your medical forms sent in?

+3
joecool
Mark Jones
Canadarangers
7 posters

Go down

Camporama  did you get your medical forms sent in? Empty Camporama did you get your medical forms sent in?

Post by Mark Jones June 22nd 2016, 5:18 pm

Well. Am I the only one going? None of you guys got your medical applications in or didn't pass the test?

Will I be the only one there with IceAir and Fans and daily trips to the lake to cool off?

Yes it's still not to late. YOU too COULD BE A ROYAL RANGER AND MAKE THE TRIP!!!

PLAN FOR HOT AND SHINNING TIMES!

Mark Jones
tminus 3 weeks and counting.
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Camporama  did you get your medical forms sent in? Empty Re: Camporama did you get your medical forms sent in?

Post by joecool June 26th 2016, 7:36 am

Why in the world would I voluntarily subject myself to Missouri's summer climate? They don't change the state name pronunciation to "Misery" for nothing.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Camporama  did you get your medical forms sent in? Empty Re: Camporama did you get your medical forms sent in?

Post by Mark Jones June 27th 2016, 7:28 am

GRIN! YES but it's next to Mecca of the AG!

Can't amagine missing the chance to shake hands with like minded RR folk who have come to share the experience! Woo Whoo! I like all the food lines. We get to talk and hear some really neat stories and share some as well.

we have 25 men and boys ready to go from our Outpost. Guess who is heading this up.... yup..... little ole me! Also have another church joining in so they can fit the 2 men rule.

It's all good. BEST BRING A FAN AND EXTRA BATTERIES...
http://readyrangers.tzo.com/coolair/coolair.html This is my first ice air machine. The latest is state of the art... but it stays in my tent with a fan blowing next to my head... burrrrrr... I have to climb in under the sheet. AAAAAH!

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadarangers June 27th 2016, 12:33 pm

Looks like a personal sized nuclear device....The FBI and DHS might be knocking on your door today mark and want to talk.

RR OP #5
BC&Yukon Dist.
Canada eh.

Canadarangers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones June 28th 2016, 10:18 am

Add a 1.00 worth of ice and you get 2.5 hours of COLD Air blowing on your head. When it's 85 degrees at night....it's really really really nice!!!!

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool June 28th 2016, 11:50 am

OR, you could just move to Montana. Snowing
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones June 29th 2016, 7:22 am

Yes but its due to blow up it's been 650,000 years since the last time it blew up. Yellowstone .....

Either way we have to deal with the heat huh! GRIN!
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by strods July 13th 2016, 2:09 pm

Is there a meet up planned this year?

#35 - Dsm IA
strods
strods

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones July 13th 2016, 5:09 pm

How about at Johnnie Barnes Lodge at 1pm on Wednesday? Front porch?

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett July 14th 2016, 12:44 am

Just you two?  Is Philip going?

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by strods July 14th 2016, 11:14 am

sure

#35 - Dsm IA
strods
strods

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones July 16th 2016, 1:12 am

Will see you Tom at Camporama! 1pm on Wednesday at the front porch.
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones July 18th 2016, 7:21 am

Heading out this morning. Please keep all of us in your prayers this week. Were going to have a great time.

Bringing Big inner tubes for the swim each day at the lake from 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm.

Loaded ready for anything!

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones July 22nd 2016, 10:00 pm

Tom. I apologize. I missed the meet. We had 3 vehicle loads of folks heading towards the lake and I was coordinating. Plumb forgot it.

I saw John there at the Derby Racing. He is looking great and I told him to stop in and visit

Again sorry for the miss! I will do better next time.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones July 25th 2016, 11:34 am

Report and pictures site is being added to for the next couple of weeks while folks process pictures and such.

http://readyrangers.tzo.com/2016camporama/2016Camporama.htm
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadarangers July 29th 2016, 12:04 pm

Mark, How did your Nuclear bomb a/c unit work for ya?

Thanks for the pictures. I really wish I could have gone. I was nice to attend vicariously through other people 's pictures.

RR OP #5
BC&Yukon Dist.
Canada eh.

Canadarangers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones July 29th 2016, 2:01 pm

Ha. It sat in my tent in the big box I brought it in. Every time I went to the consession stand to get ice 1600 feet away at the bottom of a 80' incline they were closed. GRIN!

They were open most of the other times I went over... It was cool enough at night that 2 fans blowing on me for a hour or so was enough to get to sleep with.

The heat and the distance and the elevation change (3/4 mile from the events) was pretty brutal.

I will say that not teaching camping as part of the core of the program has had it's effect. We only had 3150 people there. That's down from 5000 the previous time.

National will need to fix the programs core program to keep Camporama viable. After this cooker even the most seasoned campers may not come back to camp. GRIN! Ha. I will have forgotten it all by next camporama "Lord Willing". Once again to head towards a God given vision to a man called Johnny Barnes at Eagle Rock.

Sunday night we do a report on our events. Well... the report didn't come out much better than what I just stated from the Boys perspective either.

The concerts each night and the long preaching were good they just ran way to long. My boys and leaders were sleeping on the ground through much of them. The old LTC program that taught us that we only have a short time to get what we have to say out as we loose the attention span. The rest of it is just a waste of time.

Karl ran long at our Pow Wow as well. Same report from the ranks there... yet some were saved, filled.

Food lines we had hardly any waiting... (numbers were half of what was expected) Food was good.

There was a bunch of golf carts running around and those were restricted for staff. We had a handful of over 70 men that could have benefited greatly by allowing them to bring golf carts as well. The heat and distance just made it brutal.

I will go again in 4 years. If I can talk me, myself and I into it. GRIN!

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool July 29th 2016, 2:15 pm

I've been to 30+ Pow Wows and it was always the same on the length of time. To their detriment, senior RR staff thinks that the evening assembly always has to last as long as or longer than a church service. Doesn't work well, though. One of the most important things I ever learned: a boy's attention span lasts as many minutes as he is years old.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones July 29th 2016, 4:47 pm

I don't understand why they continue to do that. However I should not be supprised. The older I get the more I see that people are not really concerned with the facs of the matter. They are only concerned of their opinion on the matter. GRIN!

This morning I was having coffee with a man that throws his education credintials around like a calling card. He considers himself a educated man talking as a counselor and said the BIG church in town has a whole staff of unaccredited councelors. He asked one where she got her's...she said 15 years in the hood in Chicago. He told her she wasn't qualified.

I then asked him if he knew Tom Rutherford who was fired from GPH for molesting his daughter after she was receiving council from the Pastors wife that had just got her certification in hidden memory counciling. Bottom line is Tom sued the church, gph and cleared his name with a viginity test of his daughter that was supposed to have recalled all this stuff with the help of the pastors wife. I told my coffee councilor friend that God's word says no man knows the heart of man, only God knows. It's foolish for man to even think he can figure out a persons psyc.
Psyc says man is inherently good. Bible says man is a sinner that can only be saved by Jesus. The two can't abide.

Our churches are in need of the Holy Spirit to fill them. Were still trying to fill the churches with our gimmics and man made solutions and failing badly at it. Jesus is the answer. Not longer sermons.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool July 29th 2016, 6:26 pm

Mark Jones wrote: hidden memory counciling

A scourge for many years now, it has destroyed many families. Bill Johnson's Bethel Church has gotten into it big time. Follow the money.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett July 29th 2016, 9:38 pm

Mark Jones wrote:I don't understand why they continue to do that.  However I should not be supprised.  The older I get the more I see that people are not really concerned with the facs of the matter.  They are only concerned of their opinion on the matter.  GRIN!

This morning I was having coffee with a man that throws his education credintials around like a calling card.  He considers himself a educated man talking as a counselor and said the BIG church in town has a whole staff of unaccredited councelors.  He asked one where she got her's...she said 15 years in the hood in Chicago.  He told her she wasn't qualified.

I then asked him if he knew Tom Rutherford who was fired from GPH for molesting his daughter after she was receiving council from the Pastors wife that had just got her certification in hidden memory counciling.  Bottom line is Tom sued the church, gph and cleared his name with a viginity test of his daughter that was supposed to have recalled all this stuff with the help of the pastors wife.  I told my coffee councilor friend that God's word says no man knows the heart of man, only God knows.  It's foolish for man to even think he can figure out a persons psyc.  
Psyc says man is inherently good.  Bible says man is a sinner that can only be saved by Jesus.  The two can't abide.  

Our churches are in need of the Holy Spirit to fill them.  Were still trying to fill the churches with our gimmics and man made solutions and failing badly at it.  Jesus is the answer.  Not longer sermons.

Mark Jones

Last time was the 50th year and they went all out on promos. 

How was the climate compared to last time?  Did they offer the same events and activities?  

What was your impression of your new nat'l cmdr?  

Even as adult I find the services quite lengthy. You can take that attention span and divide by two after a long day in the heat and running around.  

There are things we can observe about behavior but fixing it is not easy. 

Luke 10:27 
[27] And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

The bible distinguishes between heart and mind. Yes, I agree with you Mark we are 100% in total depravity before God regenerates us and we believe in Jesus.

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool July 31st 2016, 3:31 pm

Mark Jones wrote: I was having coffee with a man that throws his education credintials around like a calling card.

One of our finalists for senior pastor was like that. He boasted about his doctorate, and you had to have a thesaurus at hand to decipher his interview responses. Soon afterwards, we found out that the overseas organization he was associated with dismissed him because he spent all his time on his doctorate, at the expense of his ministry.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross August 1st 2016, 9:37 pm

One thing will always be certain. People will serve the god they choose...
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore August 1st 2016, 10:09 pm

joecool wrote:
Mark Jones wrote: I was having coffee with a man that throws his education credintials around like a calling card.

One of our finalists for senior pastor was like that. He boasted about his doctorate, and you had to have a thesaurus at hand to decipher his interview responses. Soon afterwards, we found out that the overseas organization he was associated with dismissed him because he spent all his time on his doctorate, at the expense of his ministry.

THAT'S a better gig than the G.I. Bill.

I had to do a tour in Vietnam to get my college paid for.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down