RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» They Still Remember....
by Jameskostich Today at 2:34 pm

» May 2024 Thread
by joecool Today at 2:01 pm

» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool Today at 9:48 am

» Culture Rot
by joecool April 30th 2024, 7:22 pm

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool April 30th 2024, 3:15 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool April 19th 2024, 10:37 pm

» March 2024 Thread
by joecool March 31st 2024, 9:17 am

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17117 messages in 1006 subjects

March 2020 Thread

4 posters

Go down

March 2020 Thread Empty March 2020 Thread

Post by joecool March 1st 2020, 12:28 am

Spring approaches, along with March Madness. What else do you look forward to this month?
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

March 2020 Thread Empty Re: March 2020 Thread

Post by ccm2361 March 3rd 2020, 6:08 pm

I look forward to warm weather! Sunny
We have had a few days in a row up close to 50

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones March 5th 2020, 3:23 pm

This weekend making three gifting walnut and maple 16" round lazy susan table top servers.  Using some walnut that was cut off of missions property at HQ and some maple that was given to me from a gun cabinet woodworking project that never made it past unloading it in the Dad's garage.  Following weekend BIG RANGER DERBY RACE with the Sections about 150 folk showing up.   I have my LIVE AND car ready!
Following that is a LIGHT FOR THE LOST BANQUET then the next day off to a BIG over night BACKPACKING Trip with 30 plus going.  

I just have to say it.  I LOVE JESUS AND HIS ROYAL RANGER MINISTRIES!  

Then right after that we get our So. MO District Commanders Conference....I get to take notes for the RRexec meeting minutes and .... I don't have to do much after that.  This year our Training Coordinator opted out to drop all the aux classes.  WE were only having a handful in each class attending so I can see the reasoning....yet I know it will lead to decline in attendance.  

Every time we take some value out of a program it affects it.  Something as simple as where two or three are gathered when that no longer happens there is something lost.  
Yet it happens more and more as I get older. What's sup with that! Haaaa. Change. Gotta deal with it.

I would still prepare for 2 dozen if I only had one show up.  This is the first year in 20 or so that I haven't taught something as a aux program.  This year no one is teaching any aux programs.   Only RB, RE, RK Activities, First Aid and CPR and Safety and the Church.  Well we will have our general planning meeting for pow wow and other news the district has about 100 in attendance.   I so much dislike decline.   I can remember when we had several hundred attend this conference.  It's been years.   I am thankful for the 100 we have still dedicated to Royal Ranger Ministry.  

Put out a Survival Merit Camp Flyer last week.  Already my 50 in attendance vision is looking to be over flowed.  No decline there....boys love survival camping...  (NO sleeping bags, tents, pillows)  just a few items and a tin can AND A BIG KNIFE!  Woo whoo Buddy we get to have a SAFE FUN TIME!  Did I mention fire!
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool March 5th 2020, 8:22 pm

Mark Jones wrote: Using some walnut that was cut off of missions property at HQ and some maple that was given to me...weekend BIG RANGER DERBY RACE...LIGHT FOR THE LOST BANQUET...over night BACKPACKING Trip with 30 plus going...I just have to say it.  I LOVE JESUS AND HIS ROYAL RANGER MINISTRIES! ...boys love survival camping...Woo whoo Buddy we get to have a SAFE FUN TIME!

Sigh. Those were the good old days. After an adult class last night, one of my former RR leaders came up to me and asked if Rangers was ever coming back. Sigh.

Working with oak on a couple of personal projects this month. Man, that's hard stuff to work with.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones March 6th 2020, 7:16 am

I have 3 Red Oak Logs 4' long 12" round next to my drive way. I am up on it though. Got 2 brand-new resaw blades 2tpi to cut it into 1" boards. I may get to that if I get along with the maple and walnut susans. Who knows.

I have a rubber band powered Ranger Derby Car Class to enter my car that is half way done into. Then those morphing wanna make it different folks added a LEGO class to Ranger Derby. Haaaa..a

I in my ways and means made that happen with easing the restrictions on classes in Ranger Derby. Used to we had to vote on those ...now we have the set 9 classes and if they want to run more classes they can. We just defined the 9 classes. RK DR AR ER MPACT OPEN UNLIM and Comm and I forget! Ha!

Race on!
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool March 9th 2020, 3:16 pm

Remember Jim Bakker, the tele-evangelist who went to prison for bilking his contributors? He's now selling snake-oil (for coronavirus) and was ordered by the NY AG to cease and desist. Grrrr. Not a fan of those who give the church a black eye.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore March 10th 2020, 11:37 am

joecool wrote:Remember Jim Bakker, the tele-evangelist who went to prison for bilking his contributors? He's now selling snake-oil (for coronavirus) and was ordered by the NY AG to cease and desist. Grrrr. Not a fan of those who give the church a black eye.

The Lord indicated that there is a "special place" for those who use a position of Religious Authority to advance themselves and take unfair advantage of others..... and I will leave it at THAT.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones March 10th 2020, 1:02 pm

He is a master at using religion as a means to make lots of money. I don't know why people fall for that stuff. Yet they do.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool March 11th 2020, 10:19 am

Mark Jones wrote: He is a master at using religion as a means to make lots of money.  I don't know why people fall for that stuff. Yet they do.

The Missouri AG just filed against him, too. Why? Bakker's operation runs out of Branson. Yes, he is a master. Adding more mud to the term "tourist trap."
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool March 12th 2020, 5:10 pm

Anybody making fun of preppers lately?
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones March 12th 2020, 5:45 pm

The virus is making fun of them. It's making them hide out.
We really never know about something until hindsight comes in to play.

Y2K. This stuff can be alarming. Christians have a thing. We win in the end no mater what happens. To leave this world to finish it to the end plan is a win for a born again Christian. Sometimes I think our faith is not as strong as we think it is.

I know I have been washing my hands a whole lot more than I did before. Things on the shelf are getting bought up faster than the supply.

We will make it just fine. Need to make good choices and stay clean.
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 March 12th 2020, 6:26 pm

Let the "national freakout" commence! Rolling Eyes

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool March 12th 2020, 8:23 pm

ccm2361 wrote:Let the "national freakout" commence! Rolling Eyes

But, but, but....Disneyland is closed for the rest of the month! This is hugh and series. (huge and serious)
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 March 14th 2020, 4:40 pm

The Corona freak out of 2020 needs a theme song

I propose this song
Mark & I are old enough to remember this.    Cool  Anyone else?

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool March 14th 2020, 9:02 pm

A week ago it was 65 degrees. Now it's zero with 10 inches of snow.
snow
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool March 15th 2020, 8:05 am

My brother's church in the next town has cancelled services due to confirmed cases of coronavirus in the county. I spent time with the pastor yesterday in preparing an e-mail to our members. We have established levels of action as follow...

Level 1: (We're in it now.) No meet-and-greet time on Sundays. No hugs and handshakes. No communion. Stay home if you're sick. Wash hands frequently, etc.

Level 2: No potlucks or men's breakfast. No "coffee cave".

Level 3: No church or sponsored activities. Live-stream service on Facebook.

Perhaps I can learn from what your churches have decided to do.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore March 16th 2020, 8:50 pm

We've stopped "handshake time" in the beginning of the services.  

Hand Sanitizer is set out at all of the entrances.  

Church Dinners in the Fellowship Hall are suspended.

We have (coincidentally) initiated "Givelify", a "PayPal-Type" charitable donation network (they take about 4% off the top).

My wife is the Church Secretary-Treasurer.  The Usher Team does all of the collecting, logging, & bagging of the checks and cash, then we lock it in the Safe.  She generally doesn't have anything to do with the Offering, until she takes it out of the Safe on Monday, to recount it, add it to the Books, & make out the Bank Deposit.

This Sunday, she hovered over us like a Mother-Hen, demanding that we glove up and use all precautions when counting and bagging the money.

She wasn't there for the Evening Service, so we just counted it like normal, then washed our hands & sloshed on some sanitizer.

March 2020 Thread 2457296073

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool March 16th 2020, 10:14 pm

Claymore wrote: This Sunday, she hovered over us like a Mother-Hen, demanding that we glove up and use all precautions when counting and bagging the money.

Reminds me of yesteryear when they said all the $50 bills in Florida had traces of cocaine on them.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool March 18th 2020, 9:18 am

Responding to the hype, our county has put strict restrictions on public gatherings. Church is shut down, but we're still providing classes, worship and Sunday messages online. Every once in awhile, social media actually helps out.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore March 18th 2020, 2:52 pm

I just sent the following out to members of our Security Team for our scheduled Training Update:

TEXT MESSAGE

As this area appears to have not yet have been hit by the virus, Church Security Training is still scheduled for this Saturday, March 21.  It will start at 9:00 in the Fellowship Hall.

It will consist of training in Use of Force, Verbalization, Power of Ammunition, Examination of the Texas Church of Christ Shooting, and the Laser Firearms Scenario Simulator.

After lunch, will be Live-Fire Training on my range, 7 miles southwest of Church, off of MS Hwy 23.

Since we may not wish to eat Downtown, I will have simple meals (microwave Pot Pies & TV Dinners) available with bottled water - or you can bring a sandwich.

Also, as the News states that there is a “run” on firearms and ammunition, if you are short on ammo, I can come up with ammunition in 9mm, .45 ACP, .380 ACP, and .38 Special.

There is no charge for this training, but it is limited to the individuals named on the header on this message, as this is an “Update”, and not a Basic Course

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool March 18th 2020, 3:29 pm

"Won't you please, won't you please, please won't you be, my neighbor?"
Guitar
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore March 18th 2020, 3:31 pm

See, you High-Ranking Executive-Types may be more important, but it's nice to have a Snake-Eating Ground Rat on your Christmas List.

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 March 27th 2020, 5:17 am

lots of nice Spring weather the few days! Sunny
Dan (RRCMDRBennett) came into town earlier this week & he stopped over to our house for dinner. Thumbs up

Its been a weird couple of weeks. 2/3rds of our customers are closed to do the governors ordering all schools, restaurants & bars to close. So we are left with only Retail & Hospitals. Yet due to the freak out, last week was our best sales week of the year to date!
So less stops each day for our drivers, but more product going into those stops.
I am driving everyday due to 1 driver quitting & another out sick with the flu.

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones March 27th 2020, 8:57 am

Thanks Chris for your good work in bringing supplies. My brother in law is also working a lot of extra delivering groceries and supplies over the road.

My wife said yesterday she was able to get some things that were not on the shelves for the past 2 weeks.

Thankful for the front line folk going the distance to bring out the stuff we need.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones March 27th 2020, 9:02 am

I have 30 picket fence board and screws being delivered today. My neighbors dogs have broken the fence pickets out of my 25 year old fence so some repairs will be made. My work put me on a 2 week stay at home 2 weeks ago. Monday maybe different. The front line at&t folk are getting paid a extra 20% bonus for being front line delivering communications and broadband to the public. Please be in prayer for one another.
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down