RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Vacation Bible School
by joecool March 16th 2024, 9:19 pm

» Culture Rot
by joecool March 14th 2024, 3:44 pm

» If It Bleeds...
by ccm2361 March 12th 2024, 7:23 pm

» March 2024 Thread
by ccm2361 March 12th 2024, 7:13 pm

» Small Church Survival
by joecool March 11th 2024, 11:05 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Claymore March 10th 2024, 4:04 pm

» Common Sense
by joecool February 26th 2024, 9:15 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool February 20th 2024, 4:18 pm

» February 2024 Thread
by Claymore February 16th 2024, 5:20 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17066 messages in 1004 subjects

June 2017 Thread

+3
Mark Jones
ccm2361
Canadarangers
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

June 2017 Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: June 2017 Thread

Post by RRCmdrBennett June 30th 2017, 2:27 pm

Phillip Gross wrote:Keep us posted on it. I'll never fault anyone for checking out different options. I've tried TONS of different things through the years. Some of them have failed miserably. Others have been successful to some degree of another. As I get older, I'm starting to listen to the still small voice a little more to try to bypass the horrible mistakes. Smile

A couple years ago, I had a "golden opportunity" (pardon the pun) laid in my lap to breed Golden Retrievers for a dog broker in Florida. A buddy of mine had been doing it and making a good bit of money from this guy. The principle was simple. He provided the breeding stock and all you had to do was to take care of them (feed, medications, facility space, etc) and then he would give you a set price for the puppies produced. The price per dog would be lower than if you sold them on your own to people around town with your own advertising in a paper or Craigslist, BUT there was no worry of selling them all, and the whole litter left at the same time when they were of age to leave the mother. As a broker, he had a network of pet shops that he would sell the dogs to and so forth and so on.

I was excited to get into such an easy money scheme and started making preparations to do so. I built the dog houses and pens I needed, but then I got a "check" in my spirit about it. You know, that sour feeling when something isn't quite right. I called the guy up and backed out.

Now my friend had dealt with this guy for years and never been taken advantage of, so in my natural mind I couldn't figure out the problem. All I know is that in my spirit, I was not at peace about it, so I nixed it.

What I know and rely on is that God's ways are above my ways. He knows what I don't, so I have to trust that still small voice that leads my steps. I've plunged headlong into things that seemed good to my mind in spite of that check in my spirit in the past, and regretted it...

So my advice to you is to start walking down that path if it seems interesting, but stay sensitive to Holy Spirit while you walk.

If you're wondering, the pens I built became an additional selling point for the buyer of that property when I sold that house. As fate would have it, THEY breed Goldens too (not for that guy though), so the infrastructure I had built was appealing to them for their dogs when they were deciding if they wanted to buy our house! Trust in the Lord with all your heart and He will direct your ways.

Did you happen to find out later why you felt like backing out?

I am definitely cautious never leap before seeing the ledge below. I had once entertained thought of doing Uber full time but decided against it. I'm glad I didn't do that. In the meantime there is no risk in producing leads as an independent contractor.

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross June 30th 2017, 6:11 pm

No, I never did. There have been lots of times in life that I felt impressed to go a direction, or not go another (many times physically, like when driving) that I never found put why. Maybe I would have been in a wreck. Who knows... Other times I feel compelled to pray for someone out of the blue. So I pray. I doubt my flesh would ever think "hey, I should pray for this person", so I take it as a leading of the Holy Spirit. If I'm wrong, so what? Is it bad to take a different route of travel or pray for someone out of the blue? I don't think so, so I try to be obedient when I feel those things.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool July 1st 2017, 11:31 am

Happy Canada Day, Canada Rangers!
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool July 3rd 2017, 8:06 pm

And on the heels of one country's freedom, happy Independence Day to others!
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore July 3rd 2017, 11:17 pm

joecool wrote:And on the heels of one country's freedom, happy Independence Day to others!

........................and a Partridge in your Pear Tree.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2