RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool Yesterday at 10:29 pm

» Culture Rot
by joecool April 24th 2024, 5:33 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool April 19th 2024, 10:37 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Claymore April 3rd 2024, 2:06 am

» March 2024 Thread
by joecool March 31st 2024, 9:17 am

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool March 16th 2024, 9:19 pm

» If It Bleeds...
by ccm2361 March 12th 2024, 7:23 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17107 messages in 1005 subjects

What Your Outpost Did This Week.

+9
joecool
Phillip Gross
Claymore
ccm2361
Canadarangers
sreidelberger
Mark Jones
RRCmdrBennett
strods
13 posters

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

What Your Outpost Did This Week. - Page 3 Empty Re: What Your Outpost Did This Week.

Post by strods March 14th 2015, 10:51 pm

Crime scene is brilliant. If you have DR's throw the Fingerprint merit in

#35 - Dsm IA
strods
strods

Back to top Go down

What Your Outpost Did This Week. - Page 3 Empty Re: What Your Outpost Did This Week.

Post by Mark Jones March 18th 2015, 7:44 pm

We had a good time last weekend on the Backpack and also had to get a fire going in 3" of rain from the past 2 days...it was all soaked. Showed how to cut a dead hardwood branch down to about a 8" length and then baton it into toothpicks and tinder and fuel and then before lighting that scrape the bark off of some cedar branches (a stack of them) and built it all up off the ground because of the damp cold ground would suck any heat out of it. They learned a good leason and we had a big fire. Other wood had to be stacked right next to the fire after it had a hot bed of coals so it would dry out the other wood. Metal matched it.

One of the Dad's said. Wow they learn so much more going on this type of campout versus a pow wow type camp. I said yes and these are my favorite camps. Yet I goto Pow Wow for the fellowship and the fun. Yet backpack camping has a real high learning curve for folks.

Sunday night we showed rappelling videos and ate pop corn and bug juice and then read the boyscouts handout on rappelling rules per the merit. Then tied rappel knots and hitched up gear and such. This weekend we go Rappelling and an over night campout.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones March 24th 2015, 6:52 pm

The AR and ER boys finished up on a BB gun merit for the older groups.  I kept the remainders busy with water knots and crossword puzzle out of the Rangers now mag.  Also made some water proof fire starters using the 3 strike anywher matches wrapped in toilet paper and a loop and  ahalf of 8" walmart floral wire then dipped in wax.    Great fire starters.

We moved the survival campout up to 3 weeks way.

This weekend Div Ranger Derby.  Easter weekend backpack and float trip and then the survival campout.  Lots of fun just around the corner.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore March 24th 2015, 8:03 pm

We continued the Photography Merit, and went more into the parts & mechanics of cameras.

In order to show the boys how an "aperture" influenced focus, I took 2 toilet paper tubes, and a cardboard disk that fit snugly in one. Then I poked a small hole in the middle of the disk with a medium sized nail & inserted it into one of the tubes.

When the boys looked through the tubes, they agreed that objects looked "sharper" through the tube that had the smaller aperture, but that it would require more light to work.

Mission accomplished.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett March 26th 2015, 11:01 am

Sounds similar to how short and long range shots worj through small and large open sights.

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones March 27th 2015, 10:13 pm

Big SW Divisional Race Tommarrow. We sat up 2 tracks on tables and got it all ready! I am playing Grandpa tommarrow so will be out of town for the Big Race.

Sunday working and then sunday night survival training for the big campout in 2 weeks.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 March 29th 2015, 8:13 pm

This week we had our full complement of 2 RK & 2 AR
For Bible study I did an RK Bible study on the story of Zacchaeus (as we had finished Ephesians the week before) I choose this one on purpose as 1 of our RK's is named Zacchaeus.

Having wrapped up Rope Craft the week before we did a review of the knots we learned & then a knot tie-off.  I paired up the Rangers & assigned each pair 4 knots to tie. (2 per ranger) I gave each ranger 3 sections of rope (each about 24" long) When they completed a knot they were to leave it in the rope & start the next knot on another rope (that way I could verify the knots were done correctly)
The first team to tie all 4 knots CORRECTLY wins. Smile

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones March 30th 2015, 7:20 am

Good times. Chris.

We made and dipped waterproof matches and went over wilderness survival. Went over the permssion slips and stuff they needed to collect at home.

It went fast.

We had our outpost leaders meeting. Just half showed up. Those that are doing the plan showed..those that are not doing the plan as well didn't show. GRIN!

Backpack and Float this weekend 14 to 20 going. Next weekend Survival Campout.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones April 10th 2015, 7:48 am

Woo Whooo. We gonna survive Sat morning from 8:00 am to Sunday morning 11:45 am. Primative Shelters and Primative Snares will be taught.

No Sleeping bags. Just what your wearing and what fits in the fanny pack and a list of things they can gather from around the house. Plus 2 emergency blankets.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross April 11th 2015, 8:02 am

Sounds fun! Look forward to reading about that!
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 April 11th 2015, 5:18 pm

I started in on lashing last week, but its too hard for my RK's to get. so casting about for something else to do in its place.

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore April 11th 2015, 9:12 pm

How about doing one night of showing them how to "whip" the end of a rope.

Although it is not a merit, it's related to lashing, it's a fairly simple task, and they will feel like they have achieved something, rather than moving to the next thing without succeeding.

If anyone has any climbing ropes, or even old "shed" ropes (I know that I'm dating myself), they could dress up the ends.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore April 16th 2015, 12:13 am

The boys have all studied cameras, how digital and wet-film cameras work, use of flash photography, evolution of cameras in satellites, and they have all taken several pictures - which we put up on the computer and critiqued what was good, and what mistakes were made.  After taking the pictures, we also did exercises on using the computer to adjust exposure levels and to remove "red eye".

So, about 35 minutes into the meeting, the Church Secretary called me and said that there was a problem, and we needed to come to the Church Office.

There was the Secretary's Office door standing open, with a prying tool laying on the floor next to it.  The Secretary's desk drawers were partially open, with a hammer and hack saw laying on the floor.  Around behind the door, you could see that the Church Safe was standing open, completely empty.  There were empty cash bags and change wrappers laying on the floor, along with some loose change.  The lock that secures the safe was cut, and a bolt cutter was laying in the vicinity.  

Fortunately, I happened to have a note pad and our camera with me.  We started at the outside of the office, and had each boy take 2 photographs, document the photographer and what the photographed items were, and then pass the camera to the next boy (they all had a couple of turns with the camera, as numerous "overall" crime scene photographs were taken, along with several close-ups of the evidence and damage).

The lock was an old bicycle lock that I had forgotten the combination to, and we hid the "real" security lock for the safe, and I cut the bicycle lock and left the 2 pieces in front of the safe with the bolt cutters.

Of course there is always one kid who has a problem following instructions.  Mine is a 7-year-old, and on the way to the office, I told him, "Briley, you had better NOT jump down the last 2 or 3 stairs together!"  Of course, what did he do, when he got to the 3rd step from the bottom? "Whee!"

So while we were photographing, Briley picked up the cut bicycle lock.  I yelled, "Your fingerprints are on that lock.  How are you going to explain it when the Police get here?"

He threw that thing down like a snake, and was quiet for the rest of the evening (only occasionally mumbling something about "...going to jail").

The Pastor and Elders thought that it was a Hoot.

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett April 16th 2015, 12:39 am

You should haved called in some off duty cops in uniform and lifted his prints scare him bowels and bladder empty lol. This whole crime scene evidence could lead into finger printing merit. Develop your own CSI merit haha.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore April 16th 2015, 12:45 am

We did the "fingerprint" comparison, when someone had been stealing from the Candy Bowl at Children's Church last December.

I brought the bowl into the Ranger Room during a meeting, dusted and lifted a couple of (previously placed) latent prints from the bowl, and I had each boy show me his fingers.   I looked at them with a magnifying glass alongside the "lifted" prints, and asked each, "Do you know anything about how this candy got taken?"

Nobody fessed up to it, but there were a couple of nervous kids. The Word got around the Church, and no more candy got stolen.

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 April 16th 2015, 9:09 pm

Claymore wrote:How about doing one night of showing them how to "whip" the end of a rope..

We just finished Rope Craft Very Happy

No rangers this week for me sick

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 May 16th 2015, 8:34 am

I guess we kind of fell off this

This week we had a lesson from Galatians CH 5, worked some more on Citizenship by learning about the constitution.

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones May 21st 2015, 8:31 pm

We made 37 twentyfour inch double barrel rubber band guns and cleaned up the Ranger Building. Getting ready for a wild next 3 months of Rangers.
Pow Wow
Frontier Adventure
Backpacking Action Camp
Territorial Rendezvous
Regatta
Ranger Kids Day camp

Those are just the Regular stuff... float trips, fishing trips, family vacations. Wooo whooo Rangers!
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett May 22nd 2015, 5:58 am

According to BSA rubber band guns and shper soakers are not "kind" so they are banned.

www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/05/20/boy-scouts-ban-water-gun-fights-because-pointing-a-firearm-isnt-kind/

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones May 22nd 2015, 1:10 pm

Well we let the heritage boyscouts use our campground a few weeks ago. They are estimating their numbers to increase rapidly. Lots of flakes making up really neat new and improved ideas in the new paradyne shifted boyscouts. You know... when they allow gays and no shooting rubber band guns... what can we really expect from them? Life long servant leader scouts?

I think a good ole whip needs to be brought out into many of our houses and clear the money changers tables and remove the varmin out of our ranks. Boyscouts and Rangers both. Anything that is Noble and Worthy and Godly will always be under attack by the devil and he does it one little cut at a time. Paradyne shifters...I hope they have a extra hot place in hell for them.

Mark Jones

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett May 22nd 2015, 3:40 pm

Looks more and more they will be used as a training ground for future leftist progressives.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 May 23rd 2015, 9:21 am

No rangers this week for us. I worked 730am-8:15PM (rangers starts at 7pm)

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones May 24th 2015, 11:52 am

Ok. So I abandoned the outpost for a week. FAMILY VACATION! Wooo whooo Rangers! Were leaving in 1 hour!

Campers loaded. Trucks loaded. I am loaded for a nice relaxing week of Rain all week! GRIN!

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones May 24th 2015, 12:14 pm

Pictures of our Ranger Rubber Band Gun tools and Guns. We have a small shop in the ranger building about right for about 5 people working. During Derby days it overflows into the next room. We are almost ready for Pow Wow.
Here is the link. Click on a picture for a larger view.
http://readyrangers.tzo.com/2015powwow/rubberbandguns/2015rubberbandguns.htm

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore May 25th 2015, 2:35 pm

Our Church had a Memorial Day Service, dedicated to Armed Forces Members from the region who had fallen in the Line of Duty.

The Rangers provided a Color Guard, brought the U.S. & Christian flags to the front of the Church & posted them on the platform.  I just stayed at the back of the Church, & gave them 2 commands, "Attention" and "Forward, March".  The boys took over from there, and the Patrol Leader took them all the way down for the posting of the Colors, Salute, & bringing the Outpost back.  

Here is a copy of the Patrol Leader's "Cheat-Sheet":

(When the Flag is almost to the First Row of seats)

MARK-TIME, MARCH

(Wait until everybody is lined up)

GROUP, HALT

POST THE COLORS (Take the flags up)

(Come back, face flags) PRESENT, ARMS

(Stacey will sing the National Anthem)

ORDER, ARMS

CENTER, FACE

COLUMNS-OF-TWO’S, MARCH

They pulled it off (almost) without a hitch.  About the only "gig" on them was that the boy posting the Christian Flag didn't have it perfectly turned toward the Congregation.

But I don't think that much-of any in the audience noticed.

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next