RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» They Still Remember....
by Jameskostich Today at 2:34 pm

» May 2024 Thread
by joecool Today at 2:01 pm

» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool Today at 9:48 am

» Culture Rot
by joecool April 30th 2024, 7:22 pm

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool April 30th 2024, 3:15 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool April 19th 2024, 10:37 pm

» March 2024 Thread
by joecool March 31st 2024, 9:17 am

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17117 messages in 1006 subjects

What Your Outpost Did This Week.

+9
joecool
Phillip Gross
Claymore
ccm2361
Canadarangers
sreidelberger
Mark Jones
RRCmdrBennett
strods
13 posters

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down

What Your Outpost Did This Week. - Page 5 Empty Re: What Your Outpost Did This Week.

Post by Mark Jones July 30th 2015, 7:29 am

We have been fundraising for Camporama. It will only cost our boys and leaders 75.00 to go. The 2 hour drive is a God send. Looking forward to the big event.

Last night we had 20 Rangers in running around making cowboy hats and boats out of cardboard. What a rucus. One new Commander bless his heart was over whelmed when we asked him and his boys to cut out 6 trash can sized hat brims out of cardboard. Those boys and those razor blades... some folks have no idea how to work with Boys. Show tell do. They got the tool craft merit. They can use a utility knife. We must make sure they do it safely.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

What Your Outpost Did This Week. - Page 5 Empty Re: What Your Outpost Did This Week.

Post by Canadarangers July 30th 2015, 1:51 pm

RRCmdrBennett wrote:Everyone receive their camporama packet?  Happens that the event is concurrent with our church camp so its a no go.

It's going to be expensive for us. close to $700-800 per boy, so closer to $1k Canadian. I don't know if it is going to happen for most of us, we are going to fund raise though.

Canadarangers

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore July 30th 2015, 7:08 pm

Well, you know your church, but I would be afraid that $1,000.00 per boy may tend to sour the Pastor.

You can purchase a lot of uniforms, training material, & sponsor outings for that price.

We've been saving up for 2 years, currently have $2,300.00 in the Ranger Account, and I'm hearing rumblings that the Church Board is already licking their chops, looking at that money. (And I just saw last night that we'll need to purchase 2 new flags for the Church at $165.00 to $250.00 each, depending upon size.)

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones July 31st 2015, 8:00 am

We cook Ribs and tri tips and pre sell them. Best fundraiser I have ever seen. We can raise about 8 bucks for each side of ribs we sell. Sometimes 200 slabs at a time.

Claymore wrote:Well, you know your church, but I would be afraid that $1,000.00 per boy may tend to sour the Pastor.

You can purchase a lot of uniforms, training material, & sponsor outings for that price.

We've been saving up for 2 years, currently have $2,300.00 in the Ranger Account, and I'm hearing rumblings that the Church Board is already licking their chops, looking at that money.  (And I just saw last night that we'll need to purchase 2 new flags for the Church at $165.00 to $250.00 each, depending upon size.)
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett August 1st 2015, 5:58 pm

Funny how church government and real government ain't much different Claymore. Both see $ other people paid into a fund all their lives and think they deserve it.

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 August 1st 2015, 10:23 pm

We finished up fencing this week as well as Colossians

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross August 2nd 2015, 7:02 am

We've been on summer break, so I haven't had anything to add here lately. We are, however, having a leadership planning meeting after church at our house. Trying to get things a little more streamlined and organized. Our biggest problem had been data acquisition so COA gets tough when you're trying to remember who did what.... Embarassed Anyway, think we've found someone who will do really well keeping the record book for us.

Paperwork has always been my Achilles heal! Even in my company, I despise it. I "can" do it, but I hate to, so I get my wife to. Plus, then if something goes wrong, I have someone else to blame... Cool
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones August 2nd 2015, 10:56 am

We gave out 267 awards and certificates at last weeks COA. Ranger Database makes it easy.

For individual merit steps I use a colomn sheet boys names on the left merit steps along the top and a x shows they completed that step. Bible merits are the same I just put the date in the top row. It also works for attendance tracking as well.

I only track in the computer COMPLETED merits. Not the steps to a completed merit.

Sometimes I have to send the leaders a list of there age groups completed merits to bring them up to speed on who has what. Paper records have a tendancy to pile hi and take lots of time to process and are out of date quickly.

We break for the month of August for Sunday nights no church at night. Then on Wed nights we break for 2 weeks.

Today we meet at noon to 4:00 pm to build boats. No Rangers tonight. This break always reduces our attendance in Rangers.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett August 2nd 2015, 11:21 am

Mark Jones wrote:We have been fundraising for Camporama.  It will only cost our boys and leaders 75.00 to go.   The 2 hour drive is a God send.  Looking forward to the big event.  

Last night we had 20 Rangers in running around making cowboy hats and boats out of cardboard. What a rucus.  One new Commander bless his heart was over whelmed when we asked him and his boys to cut out 6 trash can sized hat brims out of cardboard.  Those boys and those razor blades... some folks have no idea how to work with Boys.  Show tell do. They got the tool craft merit.  They can use a utility knife.  We must make sure they do it safely.

Mark Jones

Mark, I forget but hasn't the price of gone up $50 a person

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross September 1st 2015, 12:56 pm

We had our first outpost meeting last Sunday afternoon and ended up having a few new boys and commanders! Looking like it's going to be a good year. There seems to be a resurgence of excitement in the outpost this year, which is nice.

We didn't get into any official merits, but rather just set up the new patrols and such. Had a good time!
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadarangers September 1st 2015, 5:27 pm

Our outpost had its first official staff meeting last night. We have already grown from 6 leaders to 8. We launch on the 15th. Got uniforms in the mail too. We are all very excited.

RR OP #5
BC&Yukon Dist.
Canada eh.

Canadarangers

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross September 1st 2015, 9:01 pm

Wow! Sounds great! Enjoy the journey.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross September 1st 2015, 9:18 pm

Any idea how many boys y'all will have when you kick off? Will you span all four age groups?
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadarangers September 1st 2015, 9:58 pm

Phillip Gross wrote:Any idea how many boys y'all will have when you kick off? Will you span all four age groups?

So far we are going to start with RK and DR, If there is much interest in AR we can start it quickly. As of today we have 10 boys registered with 2 weeks until launch.

Canadarangers

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore September 2nd 2015, 12:56 am

10 to 15 Rangers is a good number for a start. It's enough boys for some really good group activities and team recreation (Dodge-Ball and Capture the Flag), but it is not so overwhelming that you can't see what everyone is doing.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross September 2nd 2015, 4:21 am

That IS great, especially with only doing the two groups. We had 13 boys last Sunday spread out over all four groups. Definitely still doable, but I think 4-5 and more in one age group starts to make it more lively for the boys. More interaction with peers.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 September 2nd 2015, 8:49 pm

Man is it hot & HUUUUUUUUMID Sunny
we were out running around tonight & most of us were dripping wet by the end of the meeting

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett September 2nd 2015, 9:31 pm

That humidity off the lake kill ya.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross September 4th 2015, 4:21 pm

It's been crazy humid here too! That fall that was trying to sneak in was booted back out by summer the last couple days. I guess it'll be a tug-o-war for awhile here.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross September 6th 2015, 11:03 pm

We started the Archery Merit tonight for all of the age groups besides for the RK's. Looking forward to this merit while it's still nice weather outside.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore September 7th 2015, 1:15 am

How many boys are participating, how much equipment have you gotten together, and what did it cost?

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross September 7th 2015, 8:15 am

Going to have 8-10 boys participating depending on the week. We'll have at least that many girls, if not more, over in AHG.

To be honest, we didn't already buy anything. We may be doing it incorrectly, but we're planning on allowing the kids to use their personal bows for this merit. A lot of them, both girls and boys, already have bows. We may end up needing to buy a few bows when it's all said and done, so I'll have to let you know about cost when it's over.

Just like most everything else, we fly by the seat of our pants. We might get burned a little here and there with that, but it's worked out for the most part for three years so far. We pretty much dive into whatever we do and make it work out....
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross September 13th 2015, 9:01 pm

Had a good outpost meeting tonight going into the second lesson of Archery. The boys started shooting longbows this evening and some of them did quite well. I was pleasantly surprised that one of our rangers who normally doesn't do well with things did pretty good with archery. He is very small for his age and doesn't have a lot of coordination, so he struggles a lot with things.

Bryan picked up a few longbows from somewhere today for the boys to shoot with, but I don't remember exactly where he bought them from, or for how much. I do know that the place gave him a discount because we're an outpost. That was nice!
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones September 14th 2015, 7:09 pm

We had a great first meeting after a long 6 weeks of no rangers.
I had 5 in my AR group with 2 more to join in after soccer ends in 2 weeks.

Started recruit requirement (code, pledges, moto) and did first 2 steps in woodworking merit.

ER group had 5 total with 3 leaders working with them. 2 of those young men are 18 year olds staying with the outpost..

FCF fall trace this weekend.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by sreidelberger September 14th 2015, 8:56 pm

We went to district pow wow. It was awesome!

Southern Illinois
RR
sreidelberger
sreidelberger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next