RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Culture Rot
by joecool Yesterday at 9:14 am

» The Next Domino To Fall
by Claymore Yesterday at 2:02 am

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool April 19th 2024, 10:37 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Claymore April 3rd 2024, 2:06 am

» March 2024 Thread
by joecool March 31st 2024, 9:17 am

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool March 16th 2024, 9:19 pm

» If It Bleeds...
by ccm2361 March 12th 2024, 7:23 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17111 messages in 1005 subjects

Biggest Cardboard Boat Build yet! Regatta in 8 days.

Go down

Biggest Cardboard Boat Build yet!  Regatta in 8 days.   Empty Biggest Cardboard Boat Build yet! Regatta in 8 days.

Post by Mark Jones July 30th 2020, 8:23 am

We started building our Outpost Cardboard Boat out of Corrugated fiber board we call cardboard. Last Saturday we had nearly 20 people show up and work on the boats. HA! Then on Sunday after church we worked 3 more hours. Then Tuesday and Wed Sr. Commander and I worked 5 hours each day (its nice being retired) bring all the loose ends together and getting our wits back together after working with those boys for 2 days. We have 3 boats ready for our Race on Saturday. 2 boats are winners from last year we had taken back home and dried out and did some minor repairs to. One boat had 21 boys on it last year and never went under..... so they are bound and determined to sink that boat this year. It's not going to happen. It's unsinkable...HA! I keep egging them on.

So what's this news of a 16 foot boat? over 5 feet wide 12 feet tall and 3 decks on it one is 40" high? Ha. It got painted last night in our Royal Rangers meeting. The Lord blessed us with the largest boat building chapel with AC and double wide doors to get the boat out. Nice to have room and a roof in the cool to build in. Best facilities I have ever had for sure! Also the Lord blessed us with a donated 14' cargo trailer to haul boats and gear in. We haven't built shelves in it or anything so it's still functional for hauling big stuff.

Everyone is asking how we are moving it. I tell them come and see. It's got some new concepts built in and it's going to be a hoot.

With most of this years RR activities being cancelled due to Covid it's going to be fun to be social distancing at the regatta race and it will indeed be hard to cover up our laughter as these boys and girls hit the high seas of a Stockton lake cove for a few hours of Regatta Racing.

I had the privilege of attending a GMA ceremony at Strafford AOG last night while our outpost was painting the boat. It was good to see Rangers in the small church as vital ministry strong ministry that is Reaching folk for Christ and seeing the excitement of the girls getting their RR merits was refreshing as I was reminded of my daughter at that time in her life where she knew more about RR then most of the boys did.

Royal Rangers is a growing ministry. It grows saints! It grows the church! Rangers is a life long ministry that just keeps blessing at each level of involvement.

Can't wait to get out and camp and race with my Ranger Friends and Family. It's going to once again be a hoot!

We are racing at a new location about 4 miles from our previous 15 years racing due to covid restrictions but a new place will be fun. Living this Christian Life with a smile on our faces as we win no matter what!
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Biggest Cardboard Boat Build yet!  Regatta in 8 days.   Empty Re: Biggest Cardboard Boat Build yet! Regatta in 8 days.

Post by Mark Jones August 5th 2020, 5:02 pm

We got the boat painted and the outpost is loading it all up tonight. Were Stoaked! A small AG Church with 16 RR boys and we have 30 attending the overnight campout and another 10 plus coming down for the BIG RACE on Saturday.

The 3 level ship painted up great. I don't know how long the ship will float. It may make one race or if it's ready for another one.... load it up and let them boys Row! One of the Moms shared this picture with us from last year of her son getting it right in the face! What a water balloon shot!

http://readyrangers.tzo.com/2019RegattaRace/Regatta167005.jpg

Looking for a great time. We are adhering to Covid guidelines. Wearing masks and food is being served up a bit different but we will do fine.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Biggest Cardboard Boat Build yet!  Regatta in 8 days.   Empty Re: Biggest Cardboard Boat Build yet! Regatta in 8 days.

Post by Mark Jones August 27th 2020, 8:52 pm

We had a great time. Even witih Covid raging we had 130 there. We had 58 from just my little town church!

Report and pictures!
http://readyrangers.tzo.com/2020Regatta/2020Regatta.htm

It's amazing what God can do when we do our part!

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down