RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» The Next Domino To Fall
by Claymore Today at 2:02 am

» Culture Rot
by Claymore Today at 1:57 am

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool April 19th 2024, 10:37 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Claymore April 3rd 2024, 2:06 am

» March 2024 Thread
by joecool March 31st 2024, 9:17 am

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool March 16th 2024, 9:19 pm

» If It Bleeds...
by ccm2361 March 12th 2024, 7:23 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17110 messages in 1005 subjects

Merry Christmas December Thread

+3
Canadarangers
joecool
Phillip Gross
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Merry Christmas December Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Merry Christmas December Thread

Post by Claymore December 25th 2016, 1:13 am

I even throw in a "God Bless" with it. Haven't gotten a complaint, yet.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Merry Christmas December Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Merry Christmas December Thread

Post by Claymore December 25th 2016, 1:21 am

Oh by the way.....

About a week ago, I was walking into the local Wal-Mart, where they have a Salvation Army Kettle with a Bell-Ringer.  The Salvation Army gave me a shaving kit and a Bible, when I entered the Army back in 1970, and I try not to forget them.

Well, on this particular day, the Local Fire Department was there.  Firemen always show off -everybody likes Firemen, because they're the Good Guys.  Nobody likes Cops, because we write Tickets and get Arrest Warrants.

So there is the Fire Department.  They had the big Pumper Rig there with their red lights all flashing.  About three Firemen wearing their canvass protective gear were around the Kettle, ringing the bell.

I opened my wallet to get out a bill for the Kettle.  As I did so, and one of them looked at me, I turned the wallet so that he could see my badge, and I said, "Oh sorry.  I'm a Cop, and we don't give to Firemen", and started to tuck the bill back into my wallet.

He laughed and said, "How about for the Salvation Army?"

I said, "Well, O.K. for them..........", and completed the donation to the Red Kettle & walked into the store.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross December 25th 2016, 5:35 am

Merry Christmas fellas. Hope you have a great day with family and/or friends.

For us it's off to church this morning for a short service of praise and worship. Maybe some exhortation and such, but there won't be a full message. Then it's off to Cmdr Bryan's house to hang out with his family for lunch. Elizabeth (my daughter) has been sick, so I'm not sure if we'll be able to get over to see mom today. She's still in the throws of chemo, and isn't able to be around illness. But we'll see how that goes.

On that note, she's got one more round of treatment to go in January and then she comes off the hard stuff and goes to bio-treatments. That's when they've beat it back as far as they can with the chemo and they go into a holding pattern. She'll be able to get back to life as much as she can and we'll see how long that is. We're praying that it'll be for many years to come. Thank you for your prayers for her, and once again, Merry Christmas!
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 December 25th 2016, 8:08 pm

MERRY CHRISTMAS! Cool

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool December 27th 2016, 2:14 pm

Princess Leia passed away today at the age of 60, never regaining consciousness after a heart attack. She suffered through a lifetime of drug addiction and crappy relationships. And I blame Han Solo.

Harrison Ford was married and 15 years' senior to Carrie Fischer. But he didn't care. He had a long affair with her during the filming of Star Wars, and he messed her up at too young an age. I wonder if he feels any responsibility for how her life turned out.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross December 27th 2016, 5:54 pm

Hold yer horses their quasi liberal cowboy. She was 21 when they filmed "A New Hope". It's not like she was 16. And since when did we start blaming others for a lifetime of bad choices? What about self responsibility? Especially since she was an adult, if that even was what supposedly "caused it".
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool December 27th 2016, 6:34 pm

I have no idea what Fischer's life was like before Star Wars. But she was 19 when Ford seduced her. Whatever limits she had placed on herself likely dissolved as she was swept off her feet by a philandering older man who obviously had no limits himself. How many teenaged girls do you know who have the ability to stay strong in a similar situation? Hollywood is a cesspool largely devoid of morals, and it corrupts many.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross December 27th 2016, 9:24 pm

19... 21... Regardless. I'm not saying that Hollywood people are good for the things they do. Just think that pointing to that situation and saying that is the cause of a life of bad decisions takes away personal responsibility. People make mistakes all the time, but it's dangerous to say that's the reason I did everything else. IMO, that's also part of the culture rot, to blame everyone and everything for all succeeding events.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett December 28th 2016, 11:28 am

Phillip Gross wrote:19... 21... Regardless. I'm not saying that Hollywood people are good for the things they do. Just think that pointing to that situation and saying that is the cause of a life of bad decisions takes away personal responsibility. People make mistakes all the time, but it's dangerous to say that's the reason I did everything else. IMO, that's also part of the culture rot, to blame everyone and everything for all succeeding events.

I would agree we all will bear responsibility for our acts and their effects on others but each of us will be responsible for our actions. That is an interesting story I never heard about Harrison. It just clicks hah ah maybe that was inspiration for the bit in Raiders of the Lost Ark when he sees "Marion" played by Karen Allen she hates him for seducing her and that she was a "child". He retorts that she knew what she was doing.

Claymore, an interesting side note to your Christmas lesson is that not all Christians celebrate Christmas and some of Eastern Orthodox variety do it in Jan.

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore December 28th 2016, 12:57 pm

RRCmdrBennett wrote:

Claymore, an interesting side note to your Christmas lesson is that not all Christians celebrate Christmas and some of Eastern Orthodox variety do it in Jan.

Good point.

Now Easter is accurate, because we know when it occurred in relation to the Passover Feast.

However, because it is always celebrated on a Sunday, the actual calendar "Day Date" is only spot-on 1/7th of the time, because it is always observed on a Sunday.

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett December 28th 2016, 1:06 pm

Claymore wrote:
RRCmdrBennett wrote:

Good point.

Now Easter is accurate, because we know when it occurred in relation to the Passover Feast.

However, because it is always celebrated on a Sunday, the actual calendar "Day Date" is only spot-on 1/7th of the time, because it is always observed on a Sunday.

I think Eastern Orthodox use a different date for easter too. Not sure reasoning for it. Being the truth seeker I am I would add Christmas didn't begin till the 4th century. Its tradition of Greeks etc to celebrate birthdays not Jewish tradition.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore December 28th 2016, 5:06 pm

Another good point.

The Greek Orthodox Church has very strong ties to History/Tradition.

But...

Would the Bishop of ROME or the Bishop of CONSTANTINOPLE have more accurate ties to the Jewish Holy Day Schedule.

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool December 28th 2016, 5:16 pm

Claymore wrote: Would the Bishop of ROME or the Bishop of CONSTANTINOPLE have more accurate ties to the Jewish Holy Day Schedule.

The way it's going, Trump will have the best connection. He certainly has their back.

In a rambling speech today, John Kerry said that Israel can be Jewish or democratic, but not both. A pox upon his house. Or rotten tomatoes in his catsup factory. Whatever. Liberals, at the highest level, have outed themselves as anti-Semites. I would not be surprised if, in the next couple of years, Obama would publicly return to his boyhood religion. You know, in the interests of diversity.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett December 28th 2016, 5:18 pm

Maybe right. Either way XMAS or Easter are commanded by the bible only to have communion as oft as we remember his death. I am not tied to particular dates or tradition. One day is as good as another to think of our savior.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett December 28th 2016, 11:43 pm

Wow mother like daughter wow. So sorry for Carrie's bro Todd lose sister and mother before sister is even buried.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool December 30th 2016, 9:40 pm

Saw the ice on my son's driveway. Took precautions. Didn't help. My back, neck and right elbow hurt. Crying or Very sad
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore December 30th 2016, 10:43 pm

Xin Loi', Bro.

A man of your advanced age needs to be careful in such conditions.

or......................

........................move to Mississippi, here with me.

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross December 30th 2016, 11:09 pm

Oh man, hate to hear that! I'll be praying that you feel better soon. So that'll probably put a damper on your clubbing plans tomorrow night??? Wink
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool December 31st 2016, 10:57 am

Phillip Gross wrote: So that'll probably put a damper on your clubbing plans tomorrow night?

I'm not far enough north to club baby seals.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore December 31st 2016, 11:28 am

joecool wrote:
Phillip Gross wrote: So that'll probably put a damper on your clubbing plans tomorrow night?

I'm not far enough north to club baby seals.

You are SICK.

(and that's kind-a why I like you)

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool December 31st 2016, 4:06 pm

I don't do New Year's resolutions, so here's a prediction...

Because the vast majority of the world hates Israel, Obama will be the first person to ever receive 2 Nobel Peace prizes. (It's pretty much a slam dunk. Too bad I don't bet money.) Obama's approval of the recent UN resolution, which his administration helped to write, seriously hurts Israel, and that produces rapturous joy in Palestinian-loving anti-Semites.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett December 31st 2016, 6:40 pm

I would take him up on his offer his lair is more well protected than Batman!

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3