RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» March 2024 Thread
by joecool Yesterday at 8:22 am

» Culture Rot
by joecool March 24th 2024, 7:09 pm

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool March 16th 2024, 9:19 pm

» If It Bleeds...
by ccm2361 March 12th 2024, 7:23 pm

» Small Church Survival
by joecool March 11th 2024, 11:05 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Claymore March 10th 2024, 4:04 pm

» Common Sense
by joecool February 26th 2024, 9:15 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool February 20th 2024, 4:18 pm

» February 2024 Thread
by Claymore February 16th 2024, 5:20 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17078 messages in 1004 subjects

Merry Christmas December Thread

+3
Canadarangers
joecool
Phillip Gross
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Merry Christmas December Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Merry Christmas December Thread

Post by RRCmdrBennett December 12th 2016, 12:07 pm

joecool wrote:For us old timers, John Glenn was much more than a name in a science book. We watched his exploits in real time, cheering as he orbited the earth and then splashed down. A national hero, space travel was so dangerous that he wasn't allowed to return to space, lest we chance losing him. It was pretty cool that he later made a space shuttle mission as a senior citizen.

NASA needs the green light to go for Mars. We need to rekindle the "right stuff" and get Americans moving in a positive direction. Let's bring the Canadians along, too. They made the robotic arm for the space shuttles. Give them a bigger piece this time.  

Related note Buzz Aldrin made some comments on his official twitter account regarding Antarctica and, "We are all in danger, it is evil itself". Comments were deleted.

http://www.redflagnews.com/headlines-2016/astronaut-buzz-aldrin-tweets-we-are-all-in-danger-it-is-evil-itself

https://www.superstation95.com/index.php/world/2639

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Merry Christmas December Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Merry Christmas December Thread

Post by joecool December 12th 2016, 4:32 pm

Actually, that Buzz quote is "fake news."
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett December 12th 2016, 7:32 pm

joecool wrote:Actually, that Buzz quote is "fake news."

Posssibly its why I checked several sources. I believe it was Buzz I saw video of talking about we should investigate some "monoliths" on a Martian moon.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool December 13th 2016, 12:05 am

And now today's edition of The Sun (British) has an article about a possible pyramid at the South Pole, as revealed in NASA satellite imagery. The Enquirer is way behind on this story.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett December 13th 2016, 10:26 am

joecool wrote:And now today's edition of The Sun (British) has an article about a possible pyramid at the South Pole, as revealed in NASA satellite imagery. The Enquirer is way behind on this story.

These structures are found around the world. Like S America and Africa drifted apart I will guess Antarctica wasn't always at the south pole.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett December 13th 2016, 11:29 am

joecool wrote:And now today's edition of The Sun (British) has an article about a possible pyramid at the South Pole, as revealed in NASA satellite imagery. The Enquirer is way behind on this story.

Buzz on CSPAN talking about monoliths on Martian moon Phobos. https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=6zYW4rkGVZ4

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones December 13th 2016, 12:36 pm

I get a grin at these articles. Yes it's peculiar. However will we ever learn. I can take you to many places around here that if you look at them you will see shapes that look a lot like things we know. All natural. Even clouds can amaze us with cool designs and faces.

So all you guys that see a alien under every rock... you will have to out run the fanatics that see a demon behind every bush. Are they possible? I would say yes on both accounts... do we tend to see more things then are really there? Almost all the time.... we often read more into what someone is saying in these forums... it happens all around us.

God gave us His Word and our faith in Jesus Christ and what He has done for us at the Cross enables the Holy Spirit to do the impossible for us. There in lay my hope and dreams.

I will just grin at you on the rest of it. I enjoy Star Trek and think wow many of those things they thought up have come close to reality today.

Man created in God's Image has a gift of invention and creative ideas. We are capable of all kinds of coolness. Yet we must remain in Jesus and through HIM we are able to do amazing things.

Mark Jones
p.s. I love scify. Can watch it all night long.
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett December 13th 2016, 4:36 pm

Totally agree Mark. Though Faith in God should not quell investigation of mysteries we find in his creation. I'm not a firm believer in flesh and blood ET's and that isn't the first and only explanation for structures found in various parts of the World. In the end He is sovereign and does according to His good pleasure.

https://youtu.be/FAHfPReAiWQ

Video debunks the alleged tweet but claims the structures are real. If they are real they should be looked into.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 December 15th 2016, 5:32 am

snow Snowing snow Snowing snow Snowing

Brrr
I think I may have accidently moved to Siberia........or Siberia came here Snowing

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones December 15th 2016, 12:26 pm

Now your paying for it.  Awwwh.  It's a balmy 27 degrees today..but wait for it... on Sat night and into sunday.. 6 degrees...wooo whooo.  It's time for FREEZE IF YOU PLEASE Campout...uh!  What no takers.  Ha!  

It was -4 degrees wind chill last year while we were tent camping ....when a deputy sheriff came up at 4:30 am and ask if anyone was alive.... yup.  We do this every year.  I love cold weather.  I love it even more when it's up north of me...HA!

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool December 15th 2016, 7:19 pm

12" of snow on the ground. Highs of 0 degrees F the next couple of days. I'll get to skip the weekly nose hair trim, as they will naturally break off.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross December 15th 2016, 7:53 pm

Freezing here in South Carolina too! Well, it'll drop down below freezing tonight at some point. Wink
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore December 16th 2016, 12:47 am

It's been cool here in Northern Mississippi.

40's during the day; upper 20's during the night.

We've been running off of our L.P. Gas heat.  Not quite cold enough enough for the hassle of firing-up the wood furnace.  Also, I must have gotten lazy last year, as I only have enough wood split and dried for a week.

I got another week's worth split & laid up over the past few days, but it is not well-dried.  Maybe I can use it by the end of the winter.  When you hit it with an ax, and you see white fluid bubbling up, you know that the moisture content might be a bit high. (In Law Enforcement, we called that a "clue".)

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones December 16th 2016, 11:09 am

Some of the red oak we got for lumber was bubbling like that once we sawed it. Stickering it for a year or so.

I am going to take some of that red oak and make some battons for battoning firewood and put a slot in them (10) and use the handle as a sheath for the harbor freight survival knifes. The knife will slide up into the handle of the oak batton when they are finished. I do this event with the boys at Pow Wow each year...200 boys come through making a frame fires and I teach them battoning the wood as it's the safest way to get firewood.
Here is a picture of the old pine batton in action..they have been used a ton...the coleman knives were breaking at the handles so I went with a harbor freight survival knife for 7.00 each.
http://readyrangers.tzo.com/2016DadsandLads/2016DadsandLads003.jpg
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadarangers December 16th 2016, 11:37 am

So we still have our snow on the ground here. Usually it is gone within a day or two because it doesn't get cold enough to really stick around, except last night it went down to -17c (that would be 1 in fahrenheit). Looks like someone moved Vancouver Island farth north. They are saying that it is going to warm up soon, and we are expecting more snow. At least my road got plowed.

RR OP #5
BC&Yukon Dist.
Canada eh.

Canadarangers

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool December 17th 2016, 4:43 pm

Waited until the temp rose to -7F before shoveling all the snow. As it was, hot and sweaty when done. Snowing
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross December 18th 2016, 10:07 pm

In the middle of a rainy warm front.  Think it got up to 75° or so today. The low in the morning is supposed to be in the upper 40's, but then supposedly get colder as the day goes. They're calling for it to be down in the 30's by 6pm tomorrow.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool December 19th 2016, 11:07 am

The nominee for Secretary of the Army is...
- a West Point graduate
- an Army Ranger
- the owner of an NHL team
- a high-tech billionaire
- someone who started and funded an anti-terrorism think tank

Is Donald Trump brilliant or what? He is picking accomplished men and women who are the best and brightest. People who are putting themselves aside in order to serve our nation. The REAL Dream Team.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore December 19th 2016, 2:23 pm

Minor Correction:

joecool wrote:The nominee for Secretary of the Army is...
- a West Point graduate
- an Army AIRBORNE Ranger
- the owner of an NHL team
- a high-tech billionaire
- someone who started and funded an anti-terrorism think tank

Is Donald Trump brilliant or what? He is picking accomplished men and women who are the best and brightest. People who are putting themselves aside in order to serve our nation. The REAL Dream Team.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool December 19th 2016, 4:49 pm

Claymore wrote: Minor Correction:

Details, details.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool December 19th 2016, 10:48 pm

Geez, how much fake news is out there, anyway? For weeks, we've been bombarded by all the stories saying that Trump's in serious danger of losing enough electoral votes that he wouldn't be confirmed as our president. And what happens? Trump loses two votes...........and Hillary loses four!

LOL lol! Merry Christmas December Thread - Page 2 2170049002 Merry Christmas December Thread - Page 2 3452256262 Thumbs up goodjob
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones December 21st 2016, 10:37 am

My wife had a good laugh on that process. She was showing me videos on how the Democrats could waffle so fast on issues it is a laugh a minute.

I am glad we have a President Elect that stands for things I believe in and will soon be casting out what I classify as one of the worst scourges on this Nation we have had in my lifetime.

I won't go as far as putting Trump up on a Pedistal and expect him to be Bigger than life..but I do have high hopes he will lead our country in the right direction(s) in many ways.

When Osama Obama leaves the Office I will be shouting Glory! When Osama Obama got elected I put a towel around my head and drove into work 8 years ago. I knew then what we had in front of us and it will be so nice to see him GO!

Too God be the Glory. I am thankful He heard our cries.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore December 21st 2016, 1:36 pm

As I heard a national figure say on T.V., "I didn't vote for Trump to be my Pastor, just my President."

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore December 21st 2016, 1:44 pm

In our Ranger Class, we had a talk about Christmas. I explained to the boys that we didn’t know exactly when Jesus was born, but that the ancient people celebrated a holiday when they could see by shadows that the days were not getting shorter, and that the sun was coming back. The exact date was December 21, but with ancient sticks and measuring tools, December 25 was about as close as they could get to be certain. I told the boys that Christians adopted the December 25 Holiday to celebrate the birth of Jesus.

Then I said to the boys, “What does the coming of Spring represent?” One of the boys said, “New birth”.

Then I said, “What does Winter represent?”. The boys said, “Death”.

I said, now do you know why we adopted December 25 to celebrate Jesus’ birthday? After a pause, their eyes all lit up.

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool December 25th 2016, 12:24 am

I was at a grocery store this morning. At the checkout, the cashier wished me "Happy Holidays". I responded with "Merry Christmas". He lit up, smiled, and said "Merry Christmas".

Cuz that's what it is! "Merry Christmas", guys!
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum