RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» May 2024 Thread
by joecool Today at 9:24 am

» What Your Outpost Did This Week.
by Claymore May 6th 2024, 1:00 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Jameskostich May 2nd 2024, 2:34 pm

» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool May 2nd 2024, 9:48 am

» Culture Rot
by joecool April 30th 2024, 7:22 pm

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool April 30th 2024, 3:15 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool April 19th 2024, 10:37 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17120 messages in 1006 subjects

Gold Dust and Feathers

+4
RRCmdrBennett
ccm2361
Mark Jones
Claymore
8 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Gold Dust and Feathers - Page 6 Empty Re: Gold Dust and Feathers

Post by Claymore January 13th 2018, 11:12 pm

I found their Facebook Page:

https://www.facebook.com/Christalignment/

They also have a posting that they are an exhibitor at "Sexpo"

"Come and find us at stand 31 in at Sexpo and discover what it’s like to have a third heaven encounter combined with a life changing destiny reading. We will be there till midnight each day with our seers able to address all of your life/relationship questions. Using our own cards ♦️ you can expect to get deep revelation"

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool January 14th 2018, 12:21 am

Claymore wrote: I found their Facebook Page...

You found more than I did. They don't even try to hide what they're doing. "Seers"? Lord have mercy. No
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett January 15th 2018, 6:39 pm

When we rely on anything but the Word for knowledge this is where we end up.

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross January 15th 2018, 10:56 pm

How are you guys finding information about these people? Can you cite your sources? Not that I don't believe you, but I'm reluctant to talk to other people about all of this unless I've seen credible news stories for myself.

Nothing worse than trying to talk to someone about a sticky subject and having to say "...well I read about it on a forum I'm on..." Know what I mean?
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool January 15th 2018, 11:26 pm

Phillip Gross wrote: How are you guys finding information about these people? "...well I read about it on a forum I'm on..."

Just do a search of "Christalignment". And you know you can ALWAYS trust anything you read on this forum. Honest! It's part of the Ranger Code, don't ya know?
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross January 17th 2018, 7:45 am

I'm not doubting integrity here. Was just looking for original sources so it doesn't get watered down or distorted like the old game "telephone".
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 January 17th 2018, 6:28 pm

wow! those folks are way out there  wow
I think they are following a different Christ than the rest of us

To borrow a line from a old tv show "Danger will Robinson!"

their web site is christalignment.org

I didn't include a link as I am not sure I want that site linked to this one.

Here is an article I found
http://pulpitandpen.org/2017/12/11/charismatics-now-using-christian-tarot-cards/

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 January 17th 2018, 9:40 pm

their own website will give you all the evidence you need

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 January 17th 2018, 9:46 pm

here is another good article full of evidence drawn from their own website

http://www.piratechristian.com/messedupchurch/2017/12/the-bethel-board-encounter-god-with-this-new-game-no-its-not-a-ouija-board

When i tried to go to Christ alignments website, our content filter blocked it as "occult/mysticism" Laughing

It's amazing to me that any true believer could be taken in by this garbage. I could see a new believer or the weak "Christians" I work with.

To me it stands out like a giant neon red sign that says "Satan is here!"

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett January 19th 2018, 5:04 pm

I see videos from Reformed preacher Todd Friel of "Wretched" on YouTube talks about these wackadoodles. Also check Justin Peters Ministries he exposes false teachers too.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool March 10th 2019, 3:45 pm

At church today, I watched as a deacon and his wife set up a small table in the foyer. They laid out a couple of dozen books as give-aways, two of them written by the gold dust-and- feathers guy. I picked them up so no one else could.

After all the problems that Bethel caused my church, which we barely survived, I can't believe that a deacon still had their books, and was willing to contaminate others with them. I e-mailed the pastor after I got home. We'll see if he wants to know who it was.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 March 11th 2019, 6:45 pm

wow

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool May 5th 2019, 6:12 pm

Our pastor cancelled our upcoming mini-missions trip to a reservation. As it turns out, their church has gone down the Bethel road. I so appreciate that our pastor is a well-grounded shepherd, which our last one wasn't.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore May 7th 2019, 11:49 pm

Well Rats.

Another rock in the road (who puts those things there?).

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool May 8th 2019, 8:38 am

Claymore wrote: Well Rats. Another rock in the road (who puts those things there?).

I'd say blockheads, but it seems more appropriate to come up with something in the opposite direction...vacuous vegetables.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool December 26th 2019, 10:26 pm

How sad when a 2-year old dies suddenly. How sad when a church exploits the tragedy. The mother attends Bethel Church, of gold dust and feathers fame. The pastor's daughter called for a resurrection, and the church started a GoFundMe page, which raised over $60K. After a few days, the vigil gave way to a memorial service. And Bethel Church hired a Hollywood-based (celebrity) crisis manager.

How does a grieving family recover from this?

joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore December 27th 2019, 11:39 pm

It is a REALLY tough call, as to whether a person has extreme faith or foolish expectations.  Jesus told us that, with enough faith, we could move mountains, but I haven't seen anyone live up to that standard, yet.

I believe that God can, and does, raise the dead, but it seems to be much more common in third-world areas, where there are not so many earthly distractions.  I have also heard that witch doctors seem to have considerable power in those regions.  Is it that we have too many distractions for the Spiritual Realm to have an influence?

On Christmas Night, I sat next to a female Presbyterian Pastor at supper.  I related a story of an incident that my best friend, a police detective, had that appeared to be an encounter with a demon.  A Catholic Priest and two Church of God Pastors heard of the encounter and agreed.  When I related the story to the Presbyterian Pastor, she looked like she had never heard of such a thing.

It seems that a lot of the "conventional" Protestant churches have "grown up" too much to believe in spiritual influence in this world.

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool December 28th 2019, 12:03 am

Claymore wrote: I related a story of an incident that my best friend, a police detective, had that appeared to be an encounter with a demon...It seems that a lot of the "conventional" Protestant churches have "grown up" too much to believe in spiritual influence in this world.

Our local county sheriff is a Christian and came to my school a couple of years ago to share his testimony. He told of a long-ago night where he answered a call and would likely have been killed, if not for the supernatural. He was walking towards the house and saw an apparition standing outside that looked like a demon. He momentarily froze and then ducked behind a tree. The next time he looked, it was a hopped-up guy pointing a gun in his direction. No one died that night.

The supernatural does exist. A lot of us here on Ranger Chat have experienced it in one way or another. Unfortunately, too many mainline denominations aren't much more than a social club. It won't get them very far, though.

Faith and good works. Love for our Lord and a call to service. Diligent duty and prayer.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 December 28th 2019, 9:46 am

joecool wrote:
The supernatural does exist. A lot of us here on Ranger Chat have experienced it in one way or another. Unfortunately, too many mainline denominations aren't much more than a social club.

That is true. I have encountered agents of the enemy twice. They were not pleasant experiences. Terrifying in fact. Proverbs 18:10 is true. the Name of the LORD is a strong tower. Only the name of Jesus forced them to flee.

My family went to a Methodist church in the l1970's & early 80's. I am saddened to see how far most of the Methodist church has fallen. There are few left that still hold to the Word of God.

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett January 10th 2020, 11:23 pm

Having faith to do something doesn’t always make it happen. Pastor preached on “if not faith” of Daniel’s friends. Daniel’s friends declared faith God could rescue them but if not they would still not bow down. We walk by faith not by sight. If our faith is determined by if we see an overt miracle or not its not really true if not faith.

A pro second Israeli veteran who is orthodox and follows Torah from time to time posts interesting Hebrew related things on fb. I can’t remember the Hebrew words but he said it’s forbidden to rely or exoect miracles just because we have faith he can do it. Immediately the example of temptation of Christ the devil tempted Jesus to rely on the miracle that God the father would send angels to save him from falling. Daniel’s friends also while believing in God’s power did not rely on the miracle was guaranteed.

Even in first world nations there are pentecostal charismatic believers yet few miracles. Children no matter where they’re from have great faith yet full hospitals. Third world it’s difficult to verify what’s going on. Some witch doctors are good at fooling masses.

To use a biblical example great miracles happened in early years of the church yet decades it cooled down. Paul left Trophimus near death, Paul prescribes lil alcoholic wine for Timothy’s oft stomach ailments, and Paul himself though had faith and did miracles could not heal himself. His grace is sufficient for us.

How much more blessed are those that believe yet not seen?

The miraculous gifts were given as for a sign to validate the apostles doctrine and proof they were selected by Christ to lead. Miracles were used by Christ to validate he is the Messiah.

We should be more excited to see the fruits of the spirit in our lives and in others lives at work. Gift of teaching and talents are more edifying than all the supernatural signs.

I have personally felt attacked spiritually. I know of things members of my family saw and heard. As for me I feel some washout when they don’t see the miracles they desperately seek. We know they can happen but we shouldn’t tempt God by relying on them. Much in the same way a recent Texas churchgoer protected his place of worship by conceal carry. He didn’t just expect supernatural protection he used conventional means.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool February 2nd 2020, 10:59 am

As church treasurer, I attend leadership meetings every month. Election of deacons is coming up and they were going over a short list of candidates. One of the nominees is a former elder who was/is attached to the whole Bethel thing. The current deacons all gushed over him and I strained at the bitts to say something. Normally, I only chime in on financial matters.

But the pastor stepped in and steered the deacons away from him. I'm so thankful that he is our church's shepherd.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Roguedawg February 9th 2020, 10:38 pm

ccm2361 wrote:
joecool wrote:
The supernatural does exist. A lot of us here on Ranger Chat have experienced it in one way or another. Unfortunately, too many mainline denominations aren't much more than a social club.

That is true. I have encountered agents of the enemy twice. They were not pleasant experiences. Terrifying in fact. Proverbs 18:10 is true. the Name of the LORD is a strong tower. Only the name of Jesus forced them to flee.

My family went to a Methodist church in the l1970's & early 80's. I am saddened to see how far most of the Methodist church has fallen. There are few left that still hold to the Word of God.

The Free Methodist Denomination is growing since the Methodists have had their issues over the years.  So I expect that there will be a shift in membership in the future.  My brother-in-law is a pastor of a Free Methodist Church in Debois, PA.  A person would not be able to see a difference in their weekly service than an AG church.  Funny thing is that a couple that my wife and I are friends with started a CMA church.  I can't tell the difference between their weekly service than our own AG service.  Seems to me that all these "Holy Roller" churches are popping up in other denominations which is a good thing.

Roguedawg

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool February 10th 2020, 12:17 am

Roguedawg wrote: The Free Methodist Denomination is growing since the Methodists have had their issues over the years.  So I expect that there will be a shift in membership in the future.  My brother-in-law is a pastor of a Free Methodist Church in Debois, PA.  A person would not be able to see a difference in their weekly service than an AG church.  Funny thing is that a couple that my wife and I are friends with started a CMA church.  I can't tell the difference between their weekly service than our own AG service.  Seems to me that all these "Holy Roller" churches are popping up in other denominations which is a good thing.

Hadn't heard of Free Methodists before. Sounds like they're true to the Bible and I pray that they grow quickly. Our culture needs it for sure.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool September 20th 2020, 2:51 pm

Our pastor has finished a series on the book of Revelation (how long has it been since you've heard one?), which was very well-received. Now he's doing another with more detail on the 7 churches John wrote about. They were not just warnings for John's time. I believe they are very relevant to what churches can go through today.

Had me wondering which of those 7 my church had become back in 2010-2015. Frighteningly, I believe it was Thyatira. Our leaders had allowed the misleading Bethel theology in, celebrated it, watched as it nearly destroyed the body, and refused to repent. But God cleansed the rot and saw us through.

joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore September 21st 2020, 2:05 pm

joecool wrote:
Roguedawg wrote: The Free Methodist Denomination is growing since the Methodists have had their issues over the years.  So I expect that there will be a shift in membership in the future.  My brother-in-law is a pastor of a Free Methodist Church in Debois, PA.  A person would not be able to see a difference in their weekly service than an AG church.  Funny thing is that a couple that my wife and I are friends with started a CMA church.  I can't tell the difference between their weekly service than our own AG service.  Seems to me that all these "Holy Roller" churches are popping up in other denominations which is a good thing.

Hadn't heard of Free Methodists before. Sounds like they're true to the Bible and I pray that they grow quickly. Our culture needs it for sure.

There are very few Pentecostal or "Freewill" churches in rural Southwestern Wisconsin. So when I went home, I found the "Benton Bible Church" (which sounded like a nice place for Sunday Services).

It ends up that it is the local Primitive Methodist Church. They changed buildings and re-named (even still kept the old church structure), but they are still P.M.'s.

They are nice folks; mostly farmers and agricultural-supporting small business people. The pastor gave a sermon, and it touched on Revelation. He referred to the views of the Pentecostals, but did it in a respectful manner - essentially to inform the congregation of that viewpoint.

Later, when I spoke to the Pastor, I told him that I had been A/G and Southern Church of God for the past 40 years, and that even though I realized that this was an Orthodox Protestant Church, I appreciated that he didn't use his sermon time to tear down the Pentecostal/Charismatic Denominations.

He told me that, prior to being Methodist, he was a Bapticostal Preacher. He said that he hasn't spiritually changed, but that he must be careful to not offend the Hierarchy in the P.M. Church Structure.

(So there ARE embers out there, glowing.)

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next