RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» May 2024 Thread
by joecool Yesterday at 9:24 am

» What Your Outpost Did This Week.
by Claymore May 6th 2024, 1:00 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Jameskostich May 2nd 2024, 2:34 pm

» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool May 2nd 2024, 9:48 am

» Culture Rot
by joecool April 30th 2024, 7:22 pm

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool April 30th 2024, 3:15 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool April 19th 2024, 10:37 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17120 messages in 1006 subjects

January 2024 Thread

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

January 2024 Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: January 2024 Thread

Post by joecool January 13th 2024, 7:48 pm

Claymore wrote: By the way.....

Do you understand that there is a reason why YOU were doing what you were doing, and I was doing what I was doing,.......at the same time?

(Put THAT one together!)

It's like that other time we spent a couple of weeks north of the Bering Circle in February. We were all proving that we could operate in the enemy's back yard...any time of the year. And most likely, it was showing the enemy that the Carter years were over, and a new sheriff was in town.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore January 15th 2024, 3:10 pm

That GOOF, Jimmy Carpenter, tried to mothball the CIA and Special Forces.  He said that we were "Dirty Fighters", and that we could be replaced with surveillance satellites.

And to hear that HE was a Commander on a nuclear submarine?

He barely rated being the Galley Lieutenant.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool January 15th 2024, 3:46 pm

Claymore wrote: That GOOF, Jimmy Carpenter, tried to mothball the CIA and Special Forces.  He said that we were "Dirty Fighters", and that we could be replaced with surveillance satellites. And to hear that HE was a Commander on a nuclear submarine? He barely rated being the Galley Lieutenant.

That prompted me to do some research. I appreciate anyone who serves honorably, HOWEVER. I've always known that he was a "bubblehead," but it appears that his service was highly inflated by the media. (Big surprise.) He first served on a diesel-electric boat and made LT (junior grade). He was then transferred to another old-timer that didn't even have a name. The USS K-1 was a stateside training sub, where he was made the executive officer. Probably finished off his service as an O-3.

Wasn't there another Democrat politician whose service was inflated? Let's see...there's LBJ, Kerry, and I think another Kerry...

With respect to the CIA, he was probably right to call them "Dirty Fighters." They've overturned many governments...most likely including our own.

joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore January 16th 2024, 9:30 pm

(Now take this with a grain of salt...)

but

I spoke with a person who got a son into West Point. While working on the paperwork, this person ran into an alum of West Point who graduated in about 1972 or 1973.

He stated that, if an underclassman is struggling with his academics, then an upper-classman is assigned to tutor that individual. The success or failure of the under-classman has a direct reflection on the tutor, and so you are encouraged to do your best.

Anyway,

He said that he was assigned a cadet who was really struggling. He made it through the end of the year, but the tutor graduated, received his commission and moved on.

He said that he always wondered if that under-classman managed to finish West Point. His name was "Lloyd Aston", or something like that.

(I checked to find the USMA graduate standing of our current Secretary of Defense, but I guess that they don't publish it, anymore?????)

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 January 17th 2024, 6:30 pm

Brrrrr snow fire

Darned Canadians need to keep thier weather in thier own country. January 2024 Thread - Page 2 3169784017
First it was the wildfire smoke this summer & now artic air. they need to keep that crap to themselves. Laughing

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross January 17th 2024, 9:55 pm

RRCmdrBennett wrote:
Wow you began reading the book 1984 years ago and haven’t finished it yet…?
Quit trying to butt-in on grown folks conversations! stickpoke

Where have you been anyway?
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore January 17th 2024, 11:26 pm

Phillip Gross wrote:
RRCmdrBennett wrote:
Wow you began reading the book 1984 years ago and haven’t finished it yet…?
Quit trying to butt-in on grown folks conversations! stickpoke

Where have you been anyway?

We had a 17-year old German Exchange Student with us. She was great, but a typical mouthy 17-year old.

One day, the wife and I were talking about something. She attempted to interject, and I said to her, "This is an A and B conversation, and so SEE yourself somewhere else.".

Well, within a week, she and the wife were talking, and I attempted to inject a modicum of intelligence to the conversation. She, sassily, turned to me and said, "This is an A and B conversation, and so C doesn't get to talk.".

It was so cute, that the wife and I both roared.

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross January 18th 2024, 6:04 am

Sprichst du Englisch oder Deutsch, wenn sie zu Besuch ist?

I was studying German for awhile, but finally gave it up because I didn't have anyone to practice with. The final straw for suspending my pursuit of German and switching to Spanish was the sorry state of the workforce pool. I have observed the Hispanics work ethic vs the lazy white boys. I decided to learn Spanish.... I have a good core group of guys working at the company, but can't seem to break out and grow. Guys come and guys go. I pay well, and if you don't you won't have anyone. That's the other sore point. Pay rates have gone through the roof since covid. I don't mind playing the game. Some of it is caused by inflation and some of it is most people don't want to work, so there's a need to entice workers with good pay. I play the game. The problem I have, is I'm paying top dollar and getting low level performance from guys I try to hire (outside of my core good group). So I've decided to enable myself to dip into another labor pool. I've set a goal of six months to at least be mildly communicative. It's definitely going faster than the German was...
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool January 18th 2024, 12:42 pm

Phillip Gross wrote: I was studying German for awhile,

I took German in high school, because my Dad told me our heritage was from there. (I found out later that we were actually Polish.) Anyway, all the students in my class thought it was cool that our teacher was from the Old Country. What an accent he had. We found out later that he was from Boston.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross January 18th 2024, 8:54 pm

I'm German and Polish, so that was part of the reason I was trying to learn Deutsch. I think I will eventually go back to it after Spanish. They say (whoever "they" are) that succeeding foreign languages become easier to learn. I don't know if it's only because Spanish is easier than German, or because I'd already been studying a foreign language for awhile, but it seems to be sticking a lot easier. There does seem to be a retraining of the brain to learn and it seems possible to me that once the brain begins to embrace the differences, it becomes more adept at it. My longterm goal is to become multilingual.

Reminds me of the old joke, but I'm sure you've all heard it.

Q: What do you call a person who speaks two languages?

A: Bilingual

Q: What do you call a person who only speaks one language?

A: An American
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore January 19th 2024, 2:19 pm

Phillip Gross wrote:

Reminds me of the old joke, but I'm sure you've all heard it.

Q: What do you call a person who speaks two languages?

A: Bilingual

Q: What do you call a person who only speaks one language?

A: An American

Hey!

Do you know why the towers of ALL International Airports transmit in English?

Because WE won the danged War!

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross January 19th 2024, 4:59 pm

Laughing yes and I'm glad we did. Back in high school I dropped foreign language because I reasoned that I already spoke the #1 spoken language in the world and had no need to learn anything else. That was a fairly arrogant and shortsighted attitude to have, but I was a teenager.

Fun fact, being bilingual from a young age is the number one statistical prevention to alzheimer's. Know what number two is? Dancing.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool January 21st 2024, 10:23 am

For at least the third time in his presidency, Biden has threatened to use military fighter jets against American citizens. I wonder if the new Miss America would suit up for that?
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore January 21st 2024, 11:11 pm

joecool wrote:For at least the third time in his presidency, Biden has threatened to use military fighter jets against American citizens. I wonder if the new Miss America would suit up for that?

And, per MSNBC, TRUMP is the greatest threat to U.S. Democracy.

(Don't get me started, or it will put me on "someone's" Christmas Card List.)

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore January 21st 2024, 11:18 pm

Hillary Clinton kept running list of enemies and allies after ...

New York Daily News

(Hillary's "Christmas Card List") https://www.nydailynews.com › 2014/01/13 › hillary-...
Jan 13, 2014 — Hillary Clinton's 2008 presidential campaign kept a running list of allies and enemies that the candidate wanted to use to reward or punish ...

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool January 26th 2024, 11:51 am

Sigh. In order to sign up new recruits, the Navy no longer requires a GED, let alone a HS diploma. Of course, a diploma doesn't mean what it used to, as so many youths have been socially promoted. And governmental COVID policies have created a sub-class of young adults who lost out on a couple of years' education.

The military branches also test their recruiting candidates with the ASVAB. No doubt it's undergone many changes over the years, including dumbing-down in an effort to enlarge the pool of potential recruits. Even with that in mind, the minimum acceptable ASVAB score in 2004 was 65. It's now 50.

Big blue cities are moving closer to their plans to allow non-citizens to become police officers. What could go wrong, right? Eight million illegal aliens were allowed to come into our country in the last 3 years, with most of them being military-age men. Is that next? As the administration's woke policies have frozen out their traditional recruiting demographics, will the shortages be filled with illegal aliens? People who have no real allegiance to this country? What could go wrong, right?

There's so much smoke in the air worldwide, that the Biden administration can claim they can't see any fires. Therefore, they do nothing to fix the problems that they've created. An added benefit is that the smoke is a screen to obscure their minions who are running around and throwing matches. ("Never let a good crisis go to waste" - D)
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore January 26th 2024, 9:29 pm

"Tango-Four-Base, this is Weasel-Five-Seven. Emergency. Coming in hot. One engine out, partial hydraulic failure, and unexploded ordinance on-board. Request Priority-Straight-In!"

"Weasel Five-Seven, not until you address me by my proper pronoun!"

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool January 27th 2024, 1:55 pm

Claymore wrote:"Weasel Five-Seven, not until you address me by my proper pronoun!"

The Royal Navy had to decommission a couple of warships early in order to more fully staff other ships. In the most recent year, they have failed to reach their recruiting target by 27%. They have failed their annual target since 2011. And now they're reassigning personnel to be diversity and inclusion officers.

Western Civilization is infected by an insidious disease. With a severely compromised and ineffective immune system, it is rotting from within. Is it too late? We need a huge shot of antibodies. We might even need to amputate, in order to save the rest of the body.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 January 28th 2024, 9:41 pm

Aint that the truth

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin