RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» May 2024 Thread
by joecool Yesterday at 9:24 am

» What Your Outpost Did This Week.
by Claymore May 6th 2024, 1:00 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Jameskostich May 2nd 2024, 2:34 pm

» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool May 2nd 2024, 9:48 am

» Culture Rot
by joecool April 30th 2024, 7:22 pm

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool April 30th 2024, 3:15 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool April 19th 2024, 10:37 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17120 messages in 1006 subjects

Mulley Grubs.

4 posters

Go down

Mulley Grubs. Empty Mulley Grubs.

Post by Mark Jones October 28th 2022, 11:52 am

For some reason I am in the middle of the Mulley Grubs. I am taking a sabbatical from the wed night RR meetings now. Going on 1 month now. First time in 30 years I have done that.....

Realizing I am getting older and my stamina and reflexes are not what they were 3 years ago when I retired has me not wanting to go on the backpacks and wild hikes I used to go on.

Just a bunch of piddly things has my Mulley Grub level way to high for my liking.

It's not woooowh is me! It's just I need to relax and reset for a bit.

Parents are 90 plus needing daily help both sides of my family. World is going plum stupid nuts. My "I never fall" or my "perfect driving record" has been challenged this past month or so. Nothing major but it erks me that I even got that close to that imperfect mark. "Ok I backed into a RV power ped with a 30 foot rv attached to my truck and moved it out of plumb a few inches..." I was able to push it back by h and and no harm done but for me that was a FAIL! GRIN!

My Ranger Friends and Backpacking folk are all looking at me in dissbelief....Heck I don't even want to make a RR calendar for 2023. Grrrrrrr..... I think there is a demon afoot and he is really starting to annoy me. Or is it old age. 63 plus.

I went and bought a new drill press from Grizzly as my old one was no longer changing speeds. After a couple of days of getting the new drill press settle in with all my mcgivver stuff I went to look at fixing the delta drill press so I can give it to my son in law. After watching 20 youtube videos on what goes wrong with these delta drill presses I figured out it wasn't broken it was just stuck so I pulled the cover and moved the belt around and fixed it...and then put a label on it to remind me not to change speed unless the drill press is on. Here is a video on that...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvndgtCpeec

God is good and now that I have sniveled a bit I need to get back to work in RR ministry. Big Bat Cave is coming up and we got to get it on the Calendar for 2023.......I love Royal Ranger Ministry. Wow thanks guys I feel better already!

Mark Jones, "A sinner saved by Grace" and a Blessed one at that! Thank you Jesus!
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Mulley Grubs. Empty Re: Mulley Grubs.

Post by joecool October 28th 2022, 12:17 pm

Mark Jones wrote: Big Bat Cave is coming up and we got to get it on the Calendar for 2023.

Careful, Mark. That's how COVID started in China. Some Red Pioneers leader took some boys into a cave, and the rest is history.

No problem taking a break from ministry. You've been charging hard for decades, like many of us, and never took a sabbatical. Even volunteers need to rest up and recharge, and take care of the home front. Reminds me of a sectional officer who was a future shoo-in for national commander. He was that good. But he overlooked his wife's needs for too long. She divorced him and that was the last we saw of him. "Learn from other people's mistakes" is one of my mottoes.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore October 31st 2022, 2:06 pm

Mark Jones wrote:
..... I think there is a demon afoot and he is really starting to annoy me.  

Yeah, it's called LIFE.

Let me introduce you to it, if you haven't already met.

Back when we were in our 20's and 30's, we had unlimited energy. College kids could party until 2:30 AM, and still go to classes. In Ranger School, soldiers could go on 2 hours of sleep and 1 meal per day, for 8 weeks, and still be capable of making leadership decisions in a combat environment.

In our 40's and 50's, we didn't have unlimited stamina, but there was a reserve that we could reach into. It took a few days to recharge, but if you used it wisely and didn't burn it out, it could supplement your energy for years.

In your 60's and 70's, THAT's gone. What you've got is what you've got. My son purchased a house, and (without asking for help), I took an old gun safe from my storage shop, moved it onto a trailer, and took it to his place. For 2 weeks, I have been walking hunched over to one side, and haven't been able to lift anything heavier than a milk jug. Now with a lot of stretching and physical therapy, I'm just getting to the point of not being crippled.

So what I am saying is, Mark, it just means that you are normal. Pace yourself. You don't have unlimited energy, so use what you have wisely, and don't beat yourself up. You still have a lot of experience to share with the Program, you just can't be everything from the Janitor to the Ship's Captain, anymore.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 November 10th 2022, 5:42 pm

Hang in there Mark

We can do all things through Christ who stregthens us

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones January 31st 2023, 2:00 pm

Well after sending my Mom and my Mother and Father in law off to a even better place in Heaven and sorting through along with our siblings were just about done with the Estates business and back to LIFE! God has renewed my Spirit and my mulley grubs are gone! Wooo Whooooo buddy!

We camped in a cave last weekend. Weekend before that Winter Outing. It's going to be a great year.
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones January 31st 2023, 2:04 pm

I am getting older that is for sure.  Slowing down a bit here and there but still hard at it.  Maybe not so excited about putting metal on top of a Pow Wow building now...but ... new muscle in money can come to cover what my aging body doesn't want to do!!!!  Here is some green backs.......Call the man!
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore February 1st 2023, 1:01 am

Mark,

It's great to hear from you. I'm very sorry to hear of the passing of your In-Laws and your Mother. I've gone through the same thing with both parents in the past few years.

At the funeral of my mother, my cousin said something that is very encouraging, "Kids bury their parents. That's the way it's supposed to be.".

It's a simple thought, but when you think of it, that's the way it's supposed to be.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 February 5th 2023, 3:47 pm

Good to have you back Mark. Sorry to hear about your family members passing.

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum