RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» May 2024 Thread
by joecool Today at 10:17 am

» Culture Rot
by joecool Yesterday at 7:22 pm

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool Yesterday at 3:15 pm

» The Next Domino To Fall
by Claymore April 27th 2024, 2:02 am

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool April 19th 2024, 10:37 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Claymore April 3rd 2024, 2:06 am

» March 2024 Thread
by joecool March 31st 2024, 9:17 am

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17114 messages in 1006 subjects

January 2022 Thread

3 posters

Go down

January 2022 Thread Empty January 2022 Thread

Post by joecool January 1st 2022, 10:01 am

Well, here's hoping that this year will be better than the last. But when it comes to earthly things, I am more and more a pessimist as times goes on. We haven't hit bottom yet. Only in Christ do I have blessed assurance.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

ccm2361 likes this post

Back to top Go down

January 2022 Thread Empty Re: January 2022 Thread

Post by ccm2361 January 1st 2022, 2:42 pm

Amen to that

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool January 1st 2022, 5:45 pm

A phrase that was often sung at the end of the Passover Seder was "Next year, in Jerusalem." The first time it was found in print was during the 15th century. It took a while, but with the re-establishment of Israel, the Jewish people were back in their own country.

I was wondering today what similar phrase Christians might say. Anybody up for: "Next year, the Rapture"
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 January 2nd 2022, 2:51 pm

Saw this on a website-The person who wrote this is from the Ukraine & grew up during the Soviet era.

The Covid vaccine is the only medical treatment in history where its utter failure is blamed on those who didn't take it. No one cares they are completely useless, harmful and counterproductive, no one cares they aren't even vaccines, all blaming those who didn't catch up with taking new versions of the vaccine. So, what is going to happen in two-three years from now? Bill Gates and Co. will count profit and ultra-vaxxed society will be experiencing an uncontrollable surge in the virus and death. It will never end and they will expect booster after booster, those who took all 18 vaccines will blame those who only had 15, but the refrain of government leaders will remain the same simplistic "solutions": more restrictions, more vaccines, less freedom.

I find myself in agreement

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool January 3rd 2022, 10:59 pm

Started my 3-week school sub stint today. It's been close to 4 years since I taught in the classroom. The kids are worse (don't ask for details) than back then. And this is in a Christian school. Well, I'm sharing the truth as God is leading me. Many are acting like it's the first time they've ever heard it.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 January 8th 2022, 12:00 pm

joecool wrote:Started my 3-week school sub stint today. It's been close to 4 years since I taught in the classroom. The kids are worse (don't ask for details) than back then. And this is in a Christian school. Well, I'm sharing the truth as God is leading me. Many are acting like it's the first time they've ever heard it.

You are a brave man Sir wow

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 January 8th 2022, 12:02 pm

Brrrr snow Snowing

Someone build a lot of fire its cold here in Michigan. But then, that is not unusual in January.

Doesn't stop me from griping about now & then dead horse

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool January 14th 2022, 8:28 am

Two weeks down and one to go. A much-needed long weekend for the school. A lot of kids and some staff are out sick. I myself came down with a cold the first day. Being around a lot of kids will do that.

I'm concerned about Chief Justice Roberts and how he sides with the liberals on way too many cases. His latest: it's okay to keep firing doctors and nurses for not taking the jab. But there are signs that the truth is breaking out here and there. The NCAA has just ruled that athletes who have had COVID are to be considered "fully vaxxed." But Fauci still continues to completely ignore the science of natural immunity.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 January 17th 2022, 10:30 pm

joecool wrote:   I'm concerned about Chief Justice Roberts and how he sides with the liberals on way too many cases. His latest: it's okay to keep firing doctors and nurses for not taking the jab. But there are signs that the truth is breaking out here and there. The NCAA has just ruled that athletes who have had COVID are to be considered "fully vaxxed." But Fauci still continues to completely ignore the science of natural immunity.

Right on

The CDC admitted this week that 75% of covid deaths had up to 4 co-morbidities(other causes of death) and that that 75% died WITH covid not of covid

Last edited by ccm2361 on January 29th 2022, 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool January 28th 2022, 1:27 pm

Back after a few days working on my son's bathroom remodel. As I stood there with brush in hand, it came to me that painting provides instant gratification. A whole lot quicker than laying tile.

Also got to see my two grandsons in their karate class. Amazing how well the boys can take to discipline. That's a small part of why I'm starting the 3rd Light Cavalry this spring at church. There's a couple of boys that need to develop some self control.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 January 29th 2022, 11:50 am

joecool wrote:
Also got to see my two grandsons in their karate class. Amazing how well the boys can take to discipline. That's a small part of why I'm starting the 3rd Light Cavalry this spring at church. There's a couple of boys that need to develop some self control.

3rd Light Cavalry? scratch

This sounds interesting do tell

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 January 29th 2022, 11:54 am

Cease fire on the deep freeze! Snowing
I am READY RR for spring. Very Happy

It supposed to get up to 40 on Tuesday, can't wait. In Florida, 40 is bitter cold, but in Michigan, its almost shorts weather Laughing

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool January 29th 2022, 5:15 pm

ccm2361 wrote: 3rd Light Cavalry? scratch

This sounds interesting do tell  

There are 3 ladies that currently do Wed night with the kids. They use GPH's TruFire curriculum. It's Ok, but lacks the kind of excitement that gets other kids to want to join in. Out of 30-ish kids that are on the church rolls, only 3-5 show up on Wed. The ladies made it pretty clear that they would walk away if I changed anything, but I did manage to insert a guest speaker who shared things with the kids.

It just isn't working and everyone knows it. So the ladies have now agreed to give me the last part of the evening this spring (gives them a chance to clean up and leave on time). The 3rd Light Cavalry goes back to the 1880's, teaching kids about life in the Old West at a fort. Learning some of the skills and discipline that troopers needed in order to protect those in their area of responsibility. I designed a fairly cool logo whose symbols represent the Trinity. The kids will start with a T-shirt and earn their kepi cap. If the two-month pilot program works out, it will continue in the fall with more features. And the kids will earn rank and more pieces for their trooper uniforms.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 February 4th 2022, 6:38 pm

That sounds great Thumbs up

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore February 4th 2022, 7:17 pm

In the February 2022 American Legion Magazine, there is an article of how the Army experimented with bicycles with the "25th Infantry Bicycle Corps".

It was a unit of black soldiers who made a trek across the western United States in 1897, in order to test the feasibility of bicycles as "cavalry". This might make a fun spin-off for your kids. You can get a copy from any current Legionaire, or I will send you my copy, if you like.

Here is a synopsis of the article:

https://awfradio.com/how-buffalo-soldiers-tested-the-military-potential-of-the-bicycle/

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore February 4th 2022, 7:24 pm

You know, insofar as having ladies, who are strong-headed, running the Program, I am of two different thoughts:

The first is that, if someone is putting the time and work into working programs for the kids, they're entitled to a certain amount of self-governance. Not that they should be allowed to be completely "rogue", but I have seen beaucoup examples of someone who was not doing the work at church, telling someone else how to do the work at church.

On the other hand, I recall going to a District event, and one of the senior staff was talking about women coming into leadership positions in the Royal Ranger Program. He said that, if the men won't take the responsibilities of leading these kids, the women will step in --- and you may not like what you get.

Prophetic?

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool February 4th 2022, 7:47 pm

I don't keep in touch with my RR buddies back in San Diego anymore, but we sure ran a great program throughout the section back in the day. If my memory serves me, we had about 28 outposts, including one with the Salvation Army. I looked at the locator on the AG website recently. There's only 1 left. What a heartbreak.

Less than a generation has gone by. What happened to the men?

joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore February 5th 2022, 2:35 pm

It's a combination: no single element.

Electronic Tech is the greatest factor. When we were young, the only electronic entertainment for kids was from 4:00 to 6:00 PM on weekdays, and 8:00 to noon on Saturdays. Other than that, we had to find our own entertainment.

Television, videos, and games are the new electronic babysitter - and Big Tech is feeding the kids their agenda.

I have a nephew that suffers from Abandoned Child Syndrome. Although his parents were alive, he was left completely alone; sometimes left in his playpen with just a box of cereal. When he became old enough for Rangers, I took him. During the day, his father would just leave him in front of the TV, playing "Grand Theft Auto". All the I would hear on the ride to church was about how many cops he killed, how many guns he stole, and how many pedestrians he ran over.

When he got older, he was kicked out of school for threatening to bring an AK-47 in. (Surprise?)

Do you think that it is a pure coincidence that the criminals that are shooting cops at record numbers and driving through Christmas Parades grew up with video games like "Grand Theft Auto"?

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 February 7th 2022, 6:47 pm

Claymore wrote:
Do you think that it is a pure coincidence that the criminals that are shooting cops at record numbers and driving through Christmas Parades grew up with video games like "Grand Theft Auto"?

I used to play Grand Theft auto myself & I haven't shot up any schools. bang   For that matter, I stll play some shooter games.  January 2022 Thread 3169784017  
Still haven't shot up any schools.

Now of course, I had parents that taught me the difference between right & wrong/good & evil.  That may well make a big difference. Also, I was an adult when I started playing those games, not a young kid.

WARNING: the following statement is opinion  Wink

I suspect that it has a lot more to do with parenting, than the games. Can the games contribute? I think they can, especially in kids who have not been raised to know right from wrong.

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool April 14th 2022, 8:39 am

joecool wrote:
ccm2361 wrote: 3rd Light Cavalry? scratch This sounds interesting do tell  

It just isn't working and everyone knows it. So the ladies have now agreed to give me the last part of the evening this spring (gives them a chance to clean up and leave on time). The 3rd Light Cavalry goes back to the 1880's, teaching kids about life in the Old West at a fort. Learning some of the skills and discipline that troopers needed in order to protect those in their area of responsibility. I designed a fairly cool logo whose symbols represent the Trinity. The kids will start with a T-shirt and earn their kepi cap. If the two-month pilot program works out, it will continue in the fall with more features. And the kids will earn rank and more pieces for their trooper uniforms.  

The launch of this program was 2 Wednesdays ago. Previous to that, I was given some platform time to announce it and also mailed out flyers. Three kids showed up on the first night, and they hadn't heard anything about it. Their parents had just thrown the mailers out. But the kids loved the experience. And through word of mouth, 13 kids showed up last night. I've got to order more t-shirts and caps.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool April 23rd 2022, 6:50 pm

Perfect timing. I have a dozen cheap plastic mini-bugles ready for next week's cavalry event. Went to an antiques show today and bought an old brass bugle. If one of the kids has some natural ability, I'll have found my bugler.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down