RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Culture Rot
by joecool Today at 9:14 am

» The Next Domino To Fall
by Claymore Today at 2:02 am

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool April 19th 2024, 10:37 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Claymore April 3rd 2024, 2:06 am

» March 2024 Thread
by joecool March 31st 2024, 9:17 am

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool March 16th 2024, 9:19 pm

» If It Bleeds...
by ccm2361 March 12th 2024, 7:23 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17111 messages in 1005 subjects

Hello, am I speaking to Johnnie Barnes?

3 posters

Go down

Hello, am I speaking to Johnnie Barnes? Empty Hello, am I speaking to Johnnie Barnes?

Post by joecool September 14th 2021, 8:48 am

This morning, I got an e-mail from the NW District, announcing an upcoming JBEI training seminar. It stands for "Johnnie Barnes Excellence in Ministry and Leadership Initiative. Well, I thought, we've finally come around full circle, and old things are new again. But, wait...it's only for district leaders and up? It teaches "habits and techniques of continual improvement?"

More corporate/business buzzwords and emphasis? Did national slap Johnnie Barnes' name on it to try and generate interest? Is this seminar's content a disappointment, or does anyone here have any positive experience with it? What did you think?
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Hello, am I speaking to Johnnie Barnes? Empty Re: Hello, am I speaking to Johnnie Barnes?

Post by ccm2361 September 17th 2021, 5:30 pm

I do not have any specific information, BUT, JBEI was developed by Doug Marsh & associates. So, odds are its more of the same buzzword filled garbage.

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Hello, am I speaking to Johnnie Barnes? Empty Re: Hello, am I speaking to Johnnie Barnes?

Post by Claymore September 18th 2021, 4:20 pm

ccm2361 wrote:I do not have any specific information, BUT,  JBEI was developed by Doug Marsh & associates. So, odds are its more of the same buzzword filled garbage.

I’m afraid that previous administrations that wanted to change Rangers from a Patriotic U.S.-centric Godly boys’ organization to an International politically correct Cash Cow have, just about (with great assistance from covid 19) “cooked” the Program just about enough that we can put a fork in it.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool September 18th 2021, 5:28 pm

Claymore wrote: I’m afraid that previous administrations that wanted to change Rangers from a Patriotic U.S.-centric Godly boys’ organization to an International politically correct Cash Cow have, just about “cooked” the Program just about enough that we can put a fork in it.

Yes, it was tough keeping up with all the changes (and the resulting financial hits), but the best of Rangers lives on in our hearts and minds. When I'm looking at how to improve our church's outreach, I always fall back on the 4 ways that boys grow: spiritually, mentally, physically and socially. Adults also grow that way, and I believe that churches do, too. We've got to be in balance to have an impact on our culture, or at least to be able to survive it.

In taking back the reins of children's ministries this year, I was able to completely overhaul the Sunday morning program. We absolutely had to. I reviewed the attendance records and found that exactly 200 kids had come through our church in the last two years. But 180 didn't stick around. The new program is working well, generating excitement and smiles from the kids. But in trying to change Wed nights, I was resisted by the ladies who teach then. What they do is okay, but likely does not motivate kids to invite their friends. So they're still doing their thing, and I augment it with monthly RR merits to give the kids some hands-on time and a frequent feeling of accomplishment.

But next year? I am working on 5 different themes, and will "market-test" them with the kids this winter. My personal favorite is The 3rd Light Cavalry, modeled on troopers circa 1870. I'll turn one classroom into the interior of a fort, and the other into the outdoors, complete with a canvas tent. We'll all wear special t-shirts from week-to-week, but wear modified blue uniforms for the quarterly councils of achievement. And one way or the other, I'm drafting men into this program.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore September 19th 2021, 1:36 am

Ooh.

A Boys Program with a Patriotic Para-Military Theme.

It's a good thing that you're no longer under the Chain of Command of Springfield.

(You know, I am coming off as overly-cynical, but once you have neutered a successful program and used it to demand more incoming funds --and "nationalize" Camp Eagle Rock, after calling R/R Outposts to put significant construction into it-- it's going to take more than Canned Frosting to restore confidence by those of us who have been around for more than 25 years. Sorry.)

The Prime Responsibilities of Leaders are "the Mission and the Men".

I try to live to that standard in Rangers. I'm afraid that I haven't seen the same from HQ.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool September 19th 2021, 10:18 am

Claymore wrote: Ooh. A Boys Program with a Patriotic Para-Military Theme.

Another of my themes is The 3rd Precinct Truth Detectives. I'd probably need an insider to provide technical advice. If I only knew someone...
um

joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore September 19th 2021, 4:53 pm

Well, I was a Narcotics Detective, not a sleuth:

"Duh, Like you got any dope, man?"

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool September 19th 2021, 5:28 pm

Claymore wrote: Well, I was a Narcotics Detective, not a sleuth: "Duh, Like you got any dope, man?"

I'm trying to picture you with long, stringy hair and a beard. Not working.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore September 20th 2021, 8:22 pm

joecool wrote:
Claymore wrote: Well, I was a Narcotics Detective, not a sleuth: "Duh, Like you got any dope, man?"

I'm trying to picture you with long, stringy hair and a beard. Not working.

Proof is en-route.

Open your mail. Hello, am I speaking to Johnnie Barnes? 3510382460

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool September 20th 2021, 10:40 pm

Claymore wrote: Open your mail.

Awesome, Claymore! Commenting on the extra picture you sent, I know it's an enlisted uniform, but it looks like a certain Captain "K" is wearing it. Wink
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore September 20th 2021, 11:10 pm

Hey,

Bob Keeshan was a WW2 Marine.

I'm honored.

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore September 21st 2021, 11:21 am

joecool wrote:
Claymore wrote: Open your mail.

Awesome, Claymore! Commenting on the extra picture you sent, I know it's an enlisted uniform, but it looks like a certain Captain "K" is wearing it. Wink

Of course, this coming from a fellow who could have modeled on the front of a Cracker Jack Box in HIS Enlisted Uniform.

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

ccm2361 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool September 21st 2021, 6:12 pm

Claymore wrote: Of course, this coming from a fellow who could have modeled on the front of a Cracker Jack Box in HIS Enlisted Uniform.  

Back when I was enlisted, the prize inside the box was actually worth having.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

ccm2361 and Claymore like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down