RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» The Next Domino To Fall
by Claymore Today at 2:02 am

» Culture Rot
by Claymore Today at 1:57 am

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool April 19th 2024, 10:37 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Claymore April 3rd 2024, 2:06 am

» March 2024 Thread
by joecool March 31st 2024, 9:17 am

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool March 16th 2024, 9:19 pm

» If It Bleeds...
by ccm2361 March 12th 2024, 7:23 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17110 messages in 1005 subjects

August 2021 Thread

5 posters

Go down

August 2021 Thread Empty August 2021 Thread

Post by joecool August 1st 2021, 12:09 am

The gov't is having a hard time convincing deplorables (as well as young people, African Americans and Latinos) to get the rushed/experimental jab. Bribes didn't work well and bullying is making people dig in. Although the gov't did have a couple of "victories" as the VA mandated the vaccine for their employees, and a lot of the big corporations have gone there, too.

But what to do about all those pesky private citizens? On the FDA's own website, they cite the Nuremburg Code (1947) and the Helsinki Declaration (1964) as reasons why people can't be forced to take experimental drugs. And then just today, the FDA announced "We have rolled out an all hands on deck" effort to identify ways to expedite approval of the medicine.

Oh, I see what they did there. If it isn't experimental anymore...

On a related note, a study is just out that proves kids lost a half year of math and reading proficiency...and they're about to fall even further behind. The CDC is back to saying that masks and social distancing will be necessary in schools this fall. The LA school district says that if you're coming back for in-person instruction, you must be tested weekly for COVID, even if you're vaccinated. Watch now as more blue districts jump on the "teach (badly) on the internet" bandwagon. Its an easy prediction. The president of the American Federation of Teachers said yesterday, we're "going to try to open schools."

I don't think my state can handle another 200,000 blue state refugees.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

August 2021 Thread Empty Re: August 2021 Thread

Post by joecool August 3rd 2021, 11:47 pm

Our men's Monday Bible study includes one older gentleman who is a classic car enthusiast. During conversation, he said there are things he would like to see and do before his time is up (cancer in remission), but his wife is a workaholic and won't go anywhere. I casually said, "You need a guys' road trip." He choked up and nodded.

Keeping it a secret from him for now, I'm going to start planning one. I found an awesome classic car museum in the next state, that even shows classic movies all day long in a side room. An easy 3-day trip that's easy on the wallet.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Claymore likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore August 8th 2021, 6:14 pm

I'm going to be off the Net for about 10 days.

Maybe I can send a B.T.B. (Blind Transmission Broadcast), if I can bounce a signal off the Ionosphere.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool August 8th 2021, 8:33 pm

Claymore wrote: Maybe I can send a B.T.B. (Blind Transmission Broadcast), if I can bounce a signal off the Ionosphere.

Just bounce it off my personal satellite.
affraid
Oops! How do I scrub that comment? You didn't see that!
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool August 8th 2021, 8:46 pm

Just back from another memorial service, this one for the pastor who married my wife and I. Still sharp after his 94th birthday. We stayed in touch over the years, and we visited from time to time. My wife was friends with his kids. Learned a few things at the service.

He was a WW2 vet, a gunner's mate on a troop ship in the Pacific. Manning an anti-aircraft gun, it was especially bad at Okinawa. He got on his knees and told God that he would serve Him if he and his shipmates made it through the day. And he followed through on his promise. Over 50 years of full-time ministry, leading 4 churches, with 2 of them plants. He designed and built the last one, which is the one I'm familiar with.

His first sermon was in rural cabin. He started the state's Outpost #2, and he also helped to launch Seattle's Teen Challenge. Lots more, but suffice to say he was a tireless saint. After retirement, he mentored young pastors and started a missions trip travel agency, taking people to 85 countries.

Lord, help me to do 10% of what he did.

joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 August 10th 2021, 3:35 pm

Praise the Lord, workers are installing a new roof on our church as I type! Even better it didn't cost us one thin dime. The District is footing the bill. cheers Praise the LORD for His provision.

The new overnight guy quit (After 4 weeks), so I am back on nights again until a new new guy can be found. aargh

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool August 10th 2021, 5:37 pm

ccm2361 wrote: The new overnight guy quit (After 4 weeks), so I am back on nights again until a new new guy can be found.

What is it with the night shift? You're the only guy who seems able to handle it. With 9.3 million job openings unfilled, perhaps some people think they bounce around until they're 100% happy.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool August 14th 2021, 6:07 am

It's 4 am and I can't sleep, so here I am. At this moment there are 7 visitors on Ranger Chat. I wish they (you) would register and then have the ability to post messages. Think of all the wisdom out there that we could benefit from.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool August 15th 2021, 10:21 pm

"Joe Biden was a Senator during Saigon, Vice President during Benghazi, and President during Kabul."

We've still got 1240 days to go. What's next?

The loss of Taiwan, COVID passports, ____ (fill in the blank).
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool August 17th 2021, 6:06 pm

I was over there during Desert Storm. I'm guessing some of you commanders were in Afghanistan since then. We didn't leave anyone behind. The Biden administration estimates that up to 10,000 American non-combatants are spread out in Afghanistan. But they aren't committing to getting them all out. I suppose they aren't trying that hard because their Commander-in-Chief has decided to resume his vacation after it was rudely interrupted by a 20-minute speech. Has anyone seen the Vice-President? I don't think she's been seen in public for a week. These are our leaders?

We are all in serious trouble.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool August 17th 2021, 6:47 pm

"What happens in Afghanistan, stays in Afghanistan."

Essentially, that's what Biden's administration is saying after the Taliban has once again taken control of that country. Well, it didn't stay there in 2001, did it? Sad to say, I have no faith in our intelligence agencies to stop the next attack on our soil.

Pray...pray some more.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool August 18th 2021, 3:58 pm

Biden has just announced that all nursing home staff must get the jab, or else the home will lose all their Medicare/Medicare gov't funding. Why stop there? Extend the order/club to all school districts, hospitals and more.

The Pentagon has asked Biden to sign an order mandating that all troops get the jab before Sept 15. There is the possibility of getting a religious exemption, but for anyone who gets it, their career will be over. They will not be deployable or promotable. And so they will not be allowed to reenlist.

A large Catholic diocese back east has already said they won't back any religious exemption requests. Why? Because the pope has already said everyone should get the shots.

What in the world is going on?! Wean yourselves off reliance on the federal gov't as soon as you can. At least try to reduce it. Trying to vote in better people hasn't worked in nearly 40 years. We need to lean more on God and the brain He gave us.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool August 19th 2021, 8:48 am

We all know the story of Joseph, stripped by his brothers of his coat of many colors. And then he was stripped of his cloak by Potiphar's wife. Both times, these events led to disaster for Joseph, being sold into slavery and then thrown into prison. He could have died, but each time the Lord intervened, having a bigger plan for Joseph.

Joe Biden has been stripped of more than his coat. In fact, the proverbial emperor has no clothes at all. And 50% of America has just opened their eyes and realized it. Even the mainstream media is pushing it. So why are the NY Times, Wash Post, most networks and others being so critical? I believe that they want Joe to go away, either by resignation or the 25th Amendment, because he's slowing down their agenda. They are the ones most responsible for electing him, and likely wanted to get a little more mileage out of him, so Harris could get 2-1/2 terms, But he served their purpose. The far left was in charge.

Keep pushing, boys. Bring it on. Yeah, I know that brings Harris into the oval office. But we all know the person sitting in that chair is definitely not running the show anyway. It can't get any worse, can it? And we'll be a necessary step closer to revealing the truth of the past year.

Either that, or another step closer to God's bigger plan.

joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore August 19th 2021, 1:51 pm

-.-.  --.-  -.-.  --.-   -.-.   --.-

Permission to join the Net?

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool August 19th 2021, 2:18 pm

Claymore wrote:-.-.  --.-  -.-.  --.-   -.-.   --.-

Permission to join the Net?

Join? I thought you ran the net.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 August 28th 2021, 2:37 am

So the nrew guy I had 95% trained for teh overnight run just quit. aargh
No escape off nights fo rme anytime soon

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore August 28th 2021, 7:33 pm

You are getting Field Training Officer pay, right?

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross August 30th 2021, 9:58 pm

The first meeting for the new Trail Life troop is this coming Thursday night. It will be interesting to see how it goes. The program is laid out much different than RR. I'm still trying to grasp it, but it seems that it's set up more cyclically than what we're used to. For instance, we'll do one week of edged tools, then next week is fire craft, them there's a camp, and so on. So instead of spending 5 weeks straight on a topic, it jumps from thing to thing with six overall themes in a year. Then it starts all over year after year. The premise from what I can surmise is that it's small bites repeated year after year. Of course you're supposed to incorporate what you taught them on the monthly camps, so it's more of an immersion style from what I can gather so far. Now this is all for the younger age groups K5-6th. There's another level for middle schoolers and then a high school track (if they stay that long).

I will say that their chain of command all the way up to national staff seems very organized. Also their training seems pretty organized as well, although I'm just scratching the surface.

But most importantly, they seem genuinely committed to helping boys become godly men of integrity in this crazy world we find ourselves in. Of course I can't speak for every troop across the nation, but the national publications and what I'm seeing at this troop that I'm getting involved with seems solid. Very Johnny Barnes-esque....
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

RRCmdrBennett likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett August 30th 2021, 10:45 pm

Philip, Great to see you back on the bus…the JBesque bus!  

Been busy running to and fro on a weekly dedicated run for Hogan Dedicated carrier. Running New England down to MD/VA/WV and far west as Bolingbrook, Illinois. Finally making good money. Looking to buy a home early 2022 before 2030 when they say, “we’ll own nothing, and be happy” - World Economic Forum.

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content