RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Culture Rot
by joecool Today at 9:14 am

» The Next Domino To Fall
by Claymore Today at 2:02 am

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool April 19th 2024, 10:37 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Claymore April 3rd 2024, 2:06 am

» March 2024 Thread
by joecool March 31st 2024, 9:17 am

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool March 16th 2024, 9:19 pm

» If It Bleeds...
by ccm2361 March 12th 2024, 7:23 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17111 messages in 1005 subjects

Hello from Wisco

4 posters

Go down

Hello from Wisco Empty Hello from Wisco

Post by Jameskostich May 27th 2021, 4:07 pm

Hi Rangers,

I’m Jimmy Kostich and was a Royal Ranger as a kid here in Southeastern WI. A fellow here by the name of “Claymore” got me started in the program. Through his knowledge and skills, he prepared me for my time in the Army. Once I got to basic training. I had realized everything he taught me was the same way as the army had done. So I was already head and shoulders above most of the soldiers when it came to marksmanship, land nav, pugil sticks etc. I had so much fun with the rangers. It is such an awesome program that taught me a ton of useful skills as well as helped me with my relationship with GOD. I’m very excited to be a part of this group!!!

Jameskostich
Recruit

Claymore likes this post

Back to top Go down

Hello from Wisco Empty Re: Hello from Wisco

Post by joecool May 28th 2021, 12:27 am

Doesn't look like Claymore has seen your post yet, Jimmy. He must be off on a covert, black ops moonlighting gig.

Guys like you make all the work we put into Rangers worth it. Last week I got an e-mail from a young man that I had for 1 year in Rangers and 2 years in my high school classes. Now he's in the Coast Guard and thanked me.

One day you'll have an opportunity to mentor someone. It's an honor and well worth it, so try and find the time.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Jameskostich likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 May 29th 2021, 10:33 am

Welcome aboard Jimmy!

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore June 1st 2021, 12:59 am

Jimmy was a true leader in the making.

He didn't try to jump out there to be in front, but he was always part of the group, and always doing the tasks to Standard.

I think that I told this to the other folks in the Group, but I had approached Detective Tom Kulinski (former Marine) about being my Assistant-Commander for the Royal Rangers, he asked what they were. I told him that they were a "Christian Boy Scout Troop". They do a short Bible Study, and do Merits & Outdoor Projects.

Tom came to the meeting. He was dressed properly: Khaki Shirt & Trousers, Black Shoes, it was winter, so he wore an Olive Green Military Wooly-Pully Sweater, with the Khaki Collar exposed, revealing his blue Assistant Commander Bars.

He looked around the room (actually a detached garage by the parsonage, that had been converted to a Club House). Boys were sharpening pocket knives and hunting knives; they were cutting shotgun shells apart, to make fires by dumping the powder, then striking a flint over the powder; and some were practicing knot-tying by throwing a rappelling rope over the rafter, making a Swiss Seat, & doing very short rappels with gloves & a carabiner.

Tom Kulinski looked around the room and said, "This isn't a Christian Scout Troup. It's a Twelve-Year-Old Special Forces Detachment.".

I'm pretty sure that Jim was somewhere in that bunch. If I had eleven other troops like Jim on my Special Forces ODA, it would have been one Unstoppable Unit.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore June 1st 2021, 1:39 am

By the way, Jim, JoeCool is also an old military guy.  But he became a "Mustang", leaving the ranks of us enlisted folks to seek his fortune as an Officer.  

He did a pretty good job, by the time that he finished up.  He eventually became the Commander of a U.S. Navy Ship.  

JoeCool: What was the name of the ship that you commanded?

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool June 2nd 2021, 9:03 am

Claymore wrote: JoeCool: What was the name of the ship that you commanded?
Alas, the enlisted to officer program that I and others went through did not allow us to take command. Had to save ship's CO spots for those who came through the Academy or NROTC.

However, while I was a senior enlisted guy, I did have "command" of a harbor tug, the Accomac. 109' of 2000 hp-driven steel on San Francisco Bay. A great tour that contributed a few stories to my devotions book.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore June 2nd 2021, 1:10 pm

Oops.

I was under the impression that you were in charge of the ship that you had the 40mm Round shot at you.  

It just gave me a heartier laugh, to think of some Seaman2C putting a Cannon Round past the C.O.’s Coconut.

(But then, maybe you had to be a Senior NCO, to see the full Humor in that. 😉)

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool June 2nd 2021, 3:51 pm

Claymore wrote: It just gave me a heartier laugh, to think of some Seaman2C putting a Cannon Round past the C.O.’s Coconut.

It was a Marine sitting in his amphibious assault vehicle. I was going to say something like a sailor never would have done that, but I'm reminded of one and his .50 cal round that went awry.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore June 2nd 2021, 9:54 pm

joecool wrote:
Claymore wrote: It just gave me a heartier laugh, to think of some Seaman2C putting a Cannon Round past the C.O.’s Coconut.

It was a Marine sitting in his amphibious assault vehicle. I was going to say something like a sailor never would have done that, but I'm reminded of one and his .50 cal round that went awry.

“He who is without sin........ “

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore June 3rd 2021, 8:36 am

joecool wrote:

It was a Marine sitting in his amphibious assault vehicle.

Actually, there is a special humor in THAT, too.

(See what happens, when you’re watching someone ELSE’s kids?  Kind-of like being a Royal Ranger Leader.)

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool June 3rd 2021, 3:45 pm

Claymore wrote: Actually, there is a special humor in THAT, too.
(See what happens, when you’re watching someone ELSE’s kids?  Kind-of like being a Royal Ranger Leader.)

Your wit and wisdom is unparalleled. Consider doing a stand-up comedy routine at the next Pow-Wow.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Claymore likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum