RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool Today at 9:48 am

» May 2024 Thread
by joecool Yesterday at 10:17 am

» Culture Rot
by joecool April 30th 2024, 7:22 pm

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool April 30th 2024, 3:15 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool April 19th 2024, 10:37 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Claymore April 3rd 2024, 2:06 am

» March 2024 Thread
by joecool March 31st 2024, 9:17 am

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17115 messages in 1006 subjects

Range Safety Officer Training

4 posters

Go down

Range Safety Officer Training Empty Range Safety Officer Training

Post by RangerJeff March 29th 2021, 5:35 pm

The Alabama district is looking to get a few RSO people certified to make our shooting program run a little easier. Is there anyone on this forum that conducts that training anywhere near Alabama? And perhaps more difficult, is there anyone around that teaches RSOs to be instructors? We are very interested in bettering our NSSP and this information is needed. You can contact me to begin talking about this and I can direct you to a district official for more in-depth information about what is needed. Thanks! Jeff

RangerJeff

Back to top Go down

Range Safety Officer Training Empty Re: Range Safety Officer Training

Post by joecool March 29th 2021, 6:29 pm

There's someone on this forum who will probably see your post and get back to you within a couple of days. (Stock up on beef jerky to grease the skids.)
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore March 30th 2021, 11:21 am

Jeff,

I’ve been an NRA Certified Instructor for about 39 years, but (other than Law Enforcement & Civilian Enhanced Carry Certification), I haven’t gone much beyond that.

It seems that most folks who become Training Consolers do it to be a big Commercial Operation.

I will try to look around, but at this time, I don’t have any Inside Tracks.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

RangerJeff likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RangerJeff March 30th 2021, 4:35 pm

Thanks, Sir! If anyone can find one, you can. Happy hunting!
Although the needy ones here are the guys in Alabama, a man in Georgia or Mississippi or Florida, or Tennessee might be interested, too.

RangerJeff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones August 27th 2023, 9:16 pm

RangerJeff wrote:Thanks, Sir!  If anyone can find one, you can.  Happy hunting!
Although the needy ones here are the guys in Alabama, a man in Georgia or Mississippi or Florida, or Tennessee might be interested, too.

In So. Mo. We held a RSO Certification about 2 weeks ago. I think we had 9 go through the class. We are blessed to have a group of men that keep up this training.

Contact your District website and look around there if all else fails contact the District Director of your District.

Another lead is FCF in your District. Most of the men help out with Black Powder training as well as keeping our Shooting Sports safe!

NRA is another great place to find training as this is the certifications we use in our District. I have a lot of interests but shooting sports I leave up to the other guys. I do the Survival Camps, Backpacking Action Camps, Canoe Action Camps and Communications as well as FCF Company Clerk so I am generally pretty busy when it comes time to shoot stuff! Yet it's fun and I have a Black Powder Rifle but have only shot it a few times as I have been a Company Clerk for 20 years!

Mark Jones, So. MO District Communications Coordinator. Holler if you need any more information. markjonesranger@hotmail.com
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore August 29th 2023, 12:40 am

Personally, I run my ranges under my credentials as an NRA Instructor. I do not have a separate "RSO" certification.

As an Instructor, I am qualified to teach the students, and have them fire rifles (or air guns) on the range, in order to qualify, to complete the course.

If I have the boys shooting to receive their qualification medals or to compete in the Postal Matches, I just consider it as an extension of the boys' basic firearms class.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones August 29th 2023, 12:54 pm

Claymore wrote:Personally, I run my ranges under my credentials as an NRA Instructor.  I do not have a separate "RSO" certification.

As an Instructor, I am qualified to teach the students, and have them fire rifles (or air guns) on the range, in order to qualify, to complete the course.

If I have the boys shooting to receive their qualification medals or to compete in the Postal Matches, I just consider it as an extension of the boys' basic firearms class.

At our Class a few weeks back they sold it as RSO class and most of the guys attending were NRA instructors. Not sure on our rules here. We have about 9 NRA instructors in our District. I am pretty vague on what they do other than the Black Powder Rifle Certification I go through every now and then when I shoot just as a refresh...about every 10 years. HA!
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Claymore likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down