RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» May 2024 Thread
by ccm2361 May 4th 2024, 11:39 am

» They Still Remember....
by Jameskostich May 2nd 2024, 2:34 pm

» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool May 2nd 2024, 9:48 am

» Culture Rot
by joecool April 30th 2024, 7:22 pm

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool April 30th 2024, 3:15 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool April 19th 2024, 10:37 pm

» March 2024 Thread
by joecool March 31st 2024, 9:17 am

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17118 messages in 1006 subjects

3d Printing opens a whole new world to promotion!

Go down

3d Printing opens a whole new world to promotion! Empty 3d Printing opens a whole new world to promotion!

Post by Mark Jones March 19th 2021, 10:54 am

Last Friday while I was at LEAD my Dremel 3d45 printer came in!  Whoo Whoo.  I had ordered it from Amazon 2 times and it never came.  Ordered it from New York and it was in my house in 4 days.   Amazon needs to fix their systems.  

Anyway.

For the past month I have had a steady diet of youtube videos on 3d printing.  I think I have watched every video from Tinker CAD, Dremel 3d45, 3d Filliaments, Thingiverse.  All the woes of printing and I am glad to report I have had my printer going for 48 hours this past week and made 10 different projects with perfect results.  

I have printed.
2 clasps boxes one small about the size of a 12volt fuse box old kind and the other 4" with Julies name on it.
1 CNC Small parts box with dividers. 4 by 7" long
USB stick holder that holds 10 usb thumb drives and memory cards and a pocket for what not.
A dryer vent  flange that goes on the outside of the printer so if I want to I can duct the fumes outside...so far what I have printed it doesn't give off fumes.  If I want to print in ABS it gives off fumes so i would want to duct that outside.  Yet there are better materials out there to use that don't have toxic fumes.   Kind of like burning plastic plumbing pipe.
A dice.
Pinewood derby car shell wood block fits inside it.   Took 10 hours to print this one car.  It's pretty cool.
RV fridge door keeper that holds the doors open when stored so they don't mold.  
My luxury lite cot foot.
4 CNC clamps with my name on them. 1 other one that is a camp clamp.
2 sets of a very close type of connecting blocks that look a lot like legos.  20 each time.

This stuff has used up most of one roll of black filament (looks and feels like weed eater line) eco-abs I have ordered 3 more rolls and I have 2 rolls of a nylon translucent I have yet to try.   Spools cost about 34.00 each.   So far no glitches.  Dremel 3d45 is a neat machine.  

I can print lego's.   Thought I might print a Ranger Derby base for the fun of it.  Picking up one of those today from our Sectional Commander and will make something with it this week.  Div Race is Saturday.  

Going backpacking tonight with 15.  It's been 2 years since I have been on this trail. It's the best of the best as far as hiking goes!
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down