RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Culture Rot
by joecool Yesterday at 8:26 pm

» May 2024 Thread
by joecool May 17th 2024, 10:35 am

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool May 11th 2024, 11:12 am

» What Your Outpost Did This Week.
by Claymore May 6th 2024, 1:00 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Jameskostich May 2nd 2024, 2:34 pm

» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool May 2nd 2024, 9:48 am

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool April 30th 2024, 3:15 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17129 messages in 1006 subjects

Dirty Jobs

2 posters

Go down

Dirty Jobs Empty Dirty Jobs

Post by joecool October 20th 2020, 7:10 pm

Whether it's a Saturday morning men's breakfast or a Monday night men's Bible study, we just can't seem to get the 18-38 year olds to show up. They're pretty regular for Sunday morning, but that's it. I don't know if it's busy-ness, worn out from work, a lack of discipleship on our part, or a combination of reasons. I pretty much just get shrugs from peers when I bring it up with them.

I was looking over something I printed off a couple of weeks ago. The article was about getting Millenials into small groups and pointed out the importance of linking work and faith as one of the keys. Our pastor has made a similar point a couple of times in recent weeks. And Del Tackett said the same in a video I showed last week. Is the Lord trying to tell me something here?

What if we started a small group focused on the younger men and called it "Dirty Jobs"? What could it contain? Any thoughts?
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Dirty Jobs Empty Re: Dirty Jobs

Post by ccm2361 October 26th 2020, 6:36 pm

joecool wrote:Whether it's a Saturday morning men's breakfast or a Monday night men's Bible study, we just can't seem to get the 18-38 year olds to show up. They're pretty regular for Sunday morning, but that's it.

That has been my experience too. Neutral

Not sure why..but they just don't have the same work ethic that older generations do. Whenever we have a work day at our church , its all seniors doing the work.

As for ideas......I will have to get back to you on that one scratch

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool October 26th 2020, 7:11 pm

ccm2361 wrote: Not sure why..but they just don't have the same work ethic that older generations do. Whenever we have a work day at our church , its all seniors doing the work.

I'm not sure if it's big, but your post jarred something loose in my brain. (Claymore, resist the snarky urge to comment on that!) Nehemiah inspected the walls of Jerusalem and knew they had to be rebuilt so that everyone was protected. At one point, he stationed families all around the wall, putting each in charge of rebuilding and protecting their section.

What if our families each had a part of the wall (church) to rebuild and protect? It might be physical, like the grounds or buildings. Or it might be spiritual, praying for the pastors and revival, or organizing a discipleship program. Everyone in the body has a skill or talent that can be put to work. Even the 18-38 year olds. In these coming days, our church needs stronger walls, but with gates to allow more to come in. Hmmm. I'm going to have to give this some thought and prayer.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 October 27th 2020, 5:53 pm

That is a very interesting idea Thumbs up

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin