RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» May 2024 Thread
by joecool Today at 9:24 am

» What Your Outpost Did This Week.
by Claymore May 6th 2024, 1:00 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Jameskostich May 2nd 2024, 2:34 pm

» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool May 2nd 2024, 9:48 am

» Culture Rot
by joecool April 30th 2024, 7:22 pm

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool April 30th 2024, 3:15 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool April 19th 2024, 10:37 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17120 messages in 1006 subjects

CNC Computer Numerical Control. HUM!

2 posters

Go down

CNC Computer Numerical Control.  HUM!   Empty CNC Computer Numerical Control. HUM!

Post by Mark Jones August 27th 2020, 8:58 pm

Well I started CNCing last week. Pretty cool stuff. Already carved out a nice walnut plaque with a RR emblem on it and all the text is carved in the walnut board! Ha it took me part of 2 days to get it done. Had 8 bit changes on it. Our District Commander is retiring after 50 years of RR ministry. Felt it was time to learn how to make recoginition stuff. Also cut out a Company Clerk FCF sign with my name on it and 4 hawks being in the state of a revolution as it is thrown across the top. It's amazing what you can do with these things.

I see all kinds of personalized plaques and signs and boxes and you name it coming out of this thing! Even carved my shelties picture into a piece of wood! It's amazing stuff.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

CNC Computer Numerical Control.  HUM!   Empty Re: CNC Computer Numerical Control. HUM!

Post by RRCmdrBennett September 28th 2020, 3:06 pm

Mark Jones wrote:Well I started CNCing last week.  Pretty cool stuff.  Already carved out a nice walnut plaque with a RR emblem on it and all the text is carved in the walnut board!  Ha it took me part of 2 days to get it done.   Had 8 bit changes on it.  Our District Commander is retiring after 50 years of RR ministry.  Felt it was time to learn how to make recoginition stuff.  Also cut out a Company Clerk FCF sign with my name on it and 4 hawks being in the state of a revolution as it is thrown across the top.  It's amazing what you can do with these things.

I see all kinds of personalized plaques and signs and boxes and you name it coming out of this thing!  Even carved my shelties picture into a piece of wood!  It's amazing stuff.

Can you make me an AR-15 before Christmas...?

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

CNC Computer Numerical Control.  HUM!   Empty Re: CNC Computer Numerical Control. HUM!

Post by Mark Jones October 24th 2020, 11:09 pm

I have been having so much fun with this CNC machine. Here is a video on some of my learning curve and some projects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43jIgyZ6wPg

Made 8 lanterns 3 mahogany, 1 oak, 1 walnut, 1 maple, 1 cedar and one out of pine. Took me 3 days of making jigs and modifications to the cutting to get them just right. These have 5 logs carved in the top of them. Now all I need is some glass panes and a brass handle.

One of the FCF members asked if I could make some lantern kits for the boys at Winter Outing. All my wood is cut from trees, air dried, stickered and then seasoned for over a year or two. Even made a box jointed lantern box out of 1/4" plywood to protect the lantern while in storage.

A very large learning curve on this CNC machine. It takes quite a bit to get it to do what you want it to do. Often its so much easier to just use the woodworking machines and make one. Yet once setup you can load up a board and it will cut out all the parts with chamfers and all the parts are perfect to make another is 45 minutes of tooling.
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down