RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» May 2024 Thread
by joecool Yesterday at 9:24 am

» What Your Outpost Did This Week.
by Claymore May 6th 2024, 1:00 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Jameskostich May 2nd 2024, 2:34 pm

» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool May 2nd 2024, 9:48 am

» Culture Rot
by joecool April 30th 2024, 7:22 pm

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool April 30th 2024, 3:15 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool April 19th 2024, 10:37 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17120 messages in 1006 subjects

Solar Power

2 posters

Go down

Solar Power Empty Solar Power

Post by RangerJeff July 15th 2020, 7:23 pm

I would like to set up a solar collector and eventually be able to charge various battery types (AA, AAA, C, D). There are some collectors that DIRECTLY charge batteries. But I want a larger panel collector and better power storage so I can plug in any household appliance or LED light using a regular plug. That way I could just plug my portable cell battery charger into whatever is storing the power (maybe a 12V battery?). Does anyone have such a capability? How did you do it? What equipment do I need to buy? Thanks.

RangerJeff

Back to top Go down

Solar Power Empty Re: Solar Power

Post by joecool July 15th 2020, 8:08 pm

A few years back, I inquired into the possibility of a modest solar system that would charge up a few deep-cell batteries. Just a simple source of back-up electricity, just in case. The estimate was $14,000! Didn't go for it.

I'm currently putting together plans for a simple water feature in my backyard, and decided to look at solar again. I can get a stand-alone system of panel, pump and plug-n-go wiring for only $190. With no batteries, it turns itself on at sunrise and off at sunset. It shipped yesterday.

I really can't answer your questions, Jeff. I just hope prices have come down for what you're thinking of.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RangerJeff July 31st 2020, 7:35 pm

I can not afford your setup, but I did buy a 110 watt panel with a controller so I can plug 110V stuff into the inverter. Now I need a good battery. So many choices! And they're expensive so I don't want to make an error. Any suggestions? I know this is just an entry-level system, but if it works I might make a bigger investment. Thanks.

RangerJeff

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool August 4th 2020, 12:44 am

RangerJeff wrote: Now I need a good battery.  So many choices!  And they're expensive so I don't want to make an error.  Any suggestions?  

I imagine there's a hundred battery choices out there. Just make sure to get "deep-cycle" ones.

joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum