RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Vacation Bible School
by joecool March 16th 2024, 9:19 pm

» Culture Rot
by joecool March 14th 2024, 3:44 pm

» If It Bleeds...
by ccm2361 March 12th 2024, 7:23 pm

» March 2024 Thread
by ccm2361 March 12th 2024, 7:13 pm

» Small Church Survival
by joecool March 11th 2024, 11:05 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Claymore March 10th 2024, 4:04 pm

» Common Sense
by joecool February 26th 2024, 9:15 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool February 20th 2024, 4:18 pm

» February 2024 Thread
by Claymore February 16th 2024, 5:20 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17066 messages in 1004 subjects

Biolite 2 Wood Stove that generates usb charging.

Go down

Biolite 2  Wood Stove that generates usb charging. Empty Biolite 2 Wood Stove that generates usb charging.

Post by Mark Jones November 30th 2018, 10:36 am

Almost 5 years ago I bought a biolite version 1 backpacking wood fueled stove. It has served me well for these past 5 years using it many times a year. It's still heavy for a backpacking stove but sometimes in cold weather it's best.

So a month or so back one of the Friends of Rangers shows up with a biolte 2 wood burning stove. My camera battery was almost dead and I asked if he could plug it in while cooking so it would charge my battery. He said it now acts like a battery back up as well as generates juice. So he handed me the orange part of the stove that has the teg in it that generates juice while in the flame.

I purchased one shortly after that and bought some oak pellets for it as well. It will burn on high for 23 minutes and will boil a gallon of water in that time roaring boil. Plus some On low fan it will cook for 37 minutes on a load of oak pellets. Now they added some logic to the computer chip that turns the stove on and off and will turn it on high if it gets to hot and off if it gets too low.....

The advantage of having a extra built in battery makes the product even better. Same price as generation one at 129.00 but you can catch it on sale from time to time for about 99.00. I recommend this product and it is well made and will last for years and years. Pickup up a bag of pellets from Lowes and you will have fuel for it for years to come or purchase a ratcheting pruner and just cut all the fuel you need from sticks 1" or less in diameter.

Good stuff.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down