RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Vacation Bible School
by joecool March 16th 2024, 9:19 pm

» Culture Rot
by joecool March 14th 2024, 3:44 pm

» If It Bleeds...
by ccm2361 March 12th 2024, 7:23 pm

» March 2024 Thread
by ccm2361 March 12th 2024, 7:13 pm

» Small Church Survival
by joecool March 11th 2024, 11:05 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Claymore March 10th 2024, 4:04 pm

» Common Sense
by joecool February 26th 2024, 9:15 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool February 20th 2024, 4:18 pm

» February 2024 Thread
by Claymore February 16th 2024, 5:20 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17066 messages in 1004 subjects

November 2018 Thread

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

November 2018 Thread Empty November 2018 Thread

Post by Phillip Gross November 1st 2018, 11:04 pm

And another month rolls in...

Looking forward to the holidays this year. My wife and I are slap worn out after the past couple years, so we're really starting to look forward to holidays and other special days when we can press pause and spend time with family and friends.

I guess I need to start running again over the next couple weeks because I committed to run a race on Thanksgiving morning (so much for pressing 'pause' Laughing ). But it's all in good fun.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

November 2018 Thread Empty Re: November 2018 Thread

Post by Phillip Gross November 1st 2018, 11:08 pm

ccm2361 wrote:Hard to believe, but I have been out of Rangers for 2 years now. Doesn't seem that long. I still miss it. Crying or Very sad
I hear ya Chris. It makes me sad that this is the first fall in six years that I didn't start a new Ranger year. The saddest part is they abandoned the program at that church and don't even have it anymore. Oh well...
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones November 2nd 2018, 8:56 am

Sorry to hear that guys. 70% of the AG churches no longer have Royal Rangers. Yet in those that are still doing Royal Rangers there are various levels of it. They resemble the Johnnine Barnes methods. Look up Rangers Lite. Were doing the old program style and the boys love it.

Those leadership merits and school classroom style stuff wont' hold most kids attention for very long. Yet if we go back to the old program where we planned an event once a month and worked up to that event with classroom instruction..booooom baaaam baby. It still works great today.

Every boy a life long servant leader just doesn't line up with God's World. We are constantly trying to blot out God's word and what it says with silly man made manipulations that almost always fail. Almost Always. Ok just about 99.99 percent fail. So step back and get a program going in Rangers Lite. Much better than what only a few percent of churches are doing now.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones November 2nd 2018, 11:56 am

Guys our Ranger Calendar is full. Each month we have events we attend and go and do. Half of those months are Section - District and a couple are National - Regional Events. Yet those other months..is when a whole lot of Outpost ministry goes on.

Don't wait for someone to invite you to one of their events. Get your folk together and go out and camp over night. Have a council fire. Let those boys and girls do the things your teaching them. When we do it all for them it's a different program for them. THEY MUST be doing most of it or it isn't them. They grow from doing it themselves. Find things they can do themselves with a little bit of leadership on your part and go and do.

We made hobo stoves 2 months ago. It took 4 meeting nights to complete. Some of the boys were able to drill all their holes and others needed adult assistance. YET they did it.

When I see a program failing its because we have left these simple things I am talking about here. These kids love this stuff. We as adults must facilitate it. Yet let them do it.

Works.
http:/readyrangers.tzo.com has 20 years of it working.

Now if the leadership doesn't have the time to do it. It won't work. It takes LOVE = TIME to get this to work. Yup a couple weekends a month go out for ETERNITY BENEFITS.

My house has 20 things that need attention. YET it's always on the back burner it's carnal. It will not go into eternity. YET THAT BOY, GIRL, YOUTH, OLE TIMER WILL EITHER go to Heaven or Hell. If we don't spend time today pointing folk to Jesus and his Church it's all for not.

I am preaching to myself. I talked to a guy last Saturday at menards he came up to me in my truck saw me in my rr uniform shirt getting ready for a backpacking trip picking up a boy in 5 minutes......used to be doesn't cut it. What we did 20 years ago is just a memory. It's the race that we are running that is still running until Jesus comes back.

Yes Mark you need to constantly remind yourself of this. Those Ranger boys will bust hell wide open if Mark me myself and I don't spend my money, my time, my efforts toward directing them to Jesus.

Rangers is my life long calling. If a church doesn't allow for that I will find or start a church that does. Rangers will build a church when done right.

Ok. I got to get back to it.
Mark Jones

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross November 2nd 2018, 4:48 pm

You're 100% right and the RR and AHG did in fact help grow the church. Unfortunately the top leadership either felt that something else had brought the growth, or worse, knew it did and didn't want to share the "glory". Ask me which one I think it was.... wansntme2
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones November 2nd 2018, 5:13 pm

Grin. Well we all know the Spirit of God grows the church really but I have seen a on fire Royal Ranger Outpost grow several churches with of course the Help of the Holy Spirit. A RR program in my simple mind has Jesus and His Church at the focal pointing them there. Yet "Royal Rangers" it's not church and it's not a sunday school class that meets on wed night or another time out of sunday school hour. Rangers has the ability to bring folk that are not drawn by those methods of Church and Sunday School and yet is bringing them to that point by other methods using a program that involves many things. I haven't seen a RR sporting program in action, I haven't seen a Fine Arts RR program in Action, I haven't seen a Hot Rod RR program in Action. I have seen a scouting/camping program rock the place and fill the church. Now in my Ranger Group we are very diversified. WE will often have off the wall things happening in our Rangers.

While things are in decline and doing that rapidly. What do we do? Stick our heads in the sand and say all is well over here! I watched a video on YouTube yesterday. A warning sign on the trail said " if it gets bad turn around and go back" "HELLO" I know I am not the only one looking around. I can yell and scream look at the sign. However for me and my Ranger Group and the area I have input or some control over...we will be doing what I know works and growing this unique ministry called Royal Rangers. Rangers has a rich history of a working well ministry. It just needs to be tweaked back to that and it will catch on like a wild fire. Most boys love camping. The few that don't it would do them good to tell MOM they need to go anyway.

My simple ole opinion. Yet I know it works.

Mark Jones

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 November 3rd 2018, 10:53 am

After 2 weeks of the rest of my family being sick; it would appear I have now gotten it.
sick
Prayers are welcome

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones November 3rd 2018, 8:33 pm

I woke up this morning with my ears plugged and a headache. Put the corn bag in the microwave and then on my neck and hung out for about 2 hours then got to work.

Wired in the 3000 watt inverter into the back of my truck topper. Monday night went to my brothers house and used his vehicle lift and ran two #6 stranded 25 foot cables in plastic conduit from the back light of the truck up to the front battery under the hood.

I have installed these inverters in the past 4 trucks. Got it all fused in today and hooked up. Ran my air compressor on it and all is well. My old truck alternator wouldn't keep up with it but this new ford has a bigger alternator and battery.

Then cleaned up the garage put stuff up in the attic using the attic lift and then put 2 cups of oak pellets in my new biolite stove to see how well it burns on low and high. 37 minutes of cook time on low. Another 2 cups of oak pellets and got 22 minutes on high. I boiled almost a gallon of water on the high test.

Then moved all the flower pots down to the shed and put up the Halloween fire wood and firepit.

Then cleaned the turtle tank. Used the steam cleaner to get the parts very clean. Added a tank heater as we moved the two turtles down stairs. My wife is on me to pull up the carpet in the spare bedroom and move my office in there.

Lots of fun. Tonight took some more cold and sinus med and heated up the corn pack and watched 2 movies.

A group of RR from our town went backpacking to a new place to them. Last night sent them gpx trail information and travel info and trail specifics. It was cold this morning but it's really nice out there tonight. I bet they had a great time. My wife asked..why didn't you go? I said I have been gone the past 2 weekends and wanted to stay home.

Ordered two 100% wool blankets. My other two blankets were a bit cold at our FCF trek 2 weekends ago. Don't like being chilled at night.

Also commissioned 5 squirrel cookers from a FCF member for prizes for our Young Bucks that went on the trek.

Ramblin.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett November 5th 2018, 11:12 pm

Phillip Gross wrote:You by yourself now, or do you still have an instructor with you?

I completed the mentor training and the orientation and skills testing and have been on the road 2 weeks with a team driver I knew from school. We’re currently 160 miles east of Los Angeles. CA.

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross November 6th 2018, 8:55 pm

RRCmdrBennett wrote:

I completed the mentor training and the orientation and skills testing and have been on the road 2 weeks with a team driver I knew from school. We’re currently 160 miles east of Los Angeles. CA.
Good to hear Dan. You guys be safe out there on the left coast and keep us posted.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 November 10th 2018, 11:59 am

snow   thumb down

beam me up

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross November 11th 2018, 7:15 am

Little too cold for you up there Chris? Laughing
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones November 12th 2018, 9:42 am

Hey it's snowing here in Springfield.  expected 2" woooo whoo.  AND I get to tromp around in it climbing poles lugging ladders hanging lines. Going backpacking this weekend.  Living the Adventure!
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones November 12th 2018, 9:44 am

I don't know about you guys. But that post from that guy above me is nuts. It's cold, wet and lowzy out there. My inner self is speaking louder than the man in me...ha!
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones November 12th 2018, 9:45 am

Anybody go hunting this week?
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 November 12th 2018, 6:38 pm

nope not me November 2018 Thread 1846539203

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 November 12th 2018, 6:40 pm

Phillip Gross wrote:Little too cold for you up there Chris? Laughing

Yes

Not so much the cold, but the 20mph wind pushing the cold

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross November 12th 2018, 11:35 pm

ccm2361 wrote:
Phillip Gross wrote:Little too cold for you up there Chris? Laughing

Yes

Not so much the cold, but the 20mph wind pushing the cold
Windy cold is the worst. That's why I've never liked March. Might not be all that cold comparatively to the dead of winter, but the wind cuts right through you.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross November 12th 2018, 11:37 pm

Mark Jones wrote:Anybody go hunting this week?
I haven't been hunting in years. I think I should go sometime though. Even if I don't shoot anything, maybe just having some down time would be good. Phillip Jr and I were talking the other day about bird hunting though. Does that count...? Wink
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones November 13th 2018, 10:06 am

My dear wife said if you go deer hunting don't come home. GRIN! My wife loves animals of all kinds except spiders. Kill them. She said when the supermarket has no meat go shoot a deer. Yet until that happens we will buy our meat there. GRIN!

I have been teal (type of duck) hunting 35 years ago. Love to get outside. Hiking and backpacking are my release.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones November 13th 2018, 12:15 pm

Been up 3 poles this morning. 16 degrees outside. 2" of snow on the ground. Ladder is frozen, rope is frozen, test sets don't work because they are frozen. Truck locks and doors are frozen. Wind is blowing.... I hope we have places like this in heaven. It's fun. It's a challenge and when it's all done and said it's good for me. Sharpens my attention. With a little gear and some preparation and working to vent heat and control cold using modern materials it's not as bad as it seems. Same goes for backpacking. Once outside in it and you adjust to it. It's fun. Just have to make sure those that have not thought it through are prepared for it. Some folks have no horse sense on this stuff so we have to be "ready" to advise them or tell them to stay put until they are ready.
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross November 15th 2018, 7:00 am

No snow for us. Just a lot of cold rain.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett November 18th 2018, 4:58 am

Phillip Gross wrote:No snow for us. Just a lot of cold rain.

All clear now for US in SC...

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross November 19th 2018, 7:46 am

Yeah, it cleared up for the weekend. Did you get out of Florence?
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool November 21st 2018, 3:25 am

Enjoy Thanksgiving week, guys. We may not be able to recognize it in the future. Some universities are already "de-colonizing" the holiday so their snowflakes don't get triggered.

joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next