RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool Yesterday at 10:29 pm

» Culture Rot
by joecool April 24th 2024, 5:33 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool April 19th 2024, 10:37 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Claymore April 3rd 2024, 2:06 am

» March 2024 Thread
by joecool March 31st 2024, 9:17 am

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool March 16th 2024, 9:19 pm

» If It Bleeds...
by ccm2361 March 12th 2024, 7:23 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17107 messages in 1005 subjects

royal Ranger database Tracking Program FREE!

+3
strods
RRCmdrBennett
Mark Jones
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

royal Ranger database Tracking Program FREE! - Page 2 Empty Re: royal Ranger database Tracking Program FREE!

Post by Mark Jones November 16th 2013, 5:45 pm

Grin.  Value differences there. I only sell what is a good deal.  I charter for value to the District.  Yet not a lot of value from the nat side.  Rangers Now is pudding proof. I look forward to the day it's something I look forward to seeing packed full of Rangers Now stuff.

Mark Jones

Last edited by Mark Jones on March 21st 2016, 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

royal Ranger database Tracking Program FREE! - Page 2 Empty Re: royal Ranger database Tracking Program FREE!

Post by RRCmdrBennett November 16th 2013, 8:33 pm

I wouldn't mind charterinh purely to the district.

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones November 16th 2013, 9:58 pm

Well you really are when you charter. Some of it goes to the District. Even though I hold some really big time concerns with the theology of the national office. Their heart is to try and do the right thing..even if they are fumbling it badly. Sure way to many things that are black and white that I disagree with. Yet I won't give up on that office. The blessings will return to them once they start following God's plan and abandon man's plan.

Let's face it. Man can mess it up every time. Yet it's in our nature to mess with it... GRIN.

While many look at the faults... I see them big time as well. I also look at the office as God's plan to further the RR ministry. Just as or nation goes. The man in the top chair makes it good or makes it bad. I look forward to the election of a new man in both cases. Mean time. I will suport the office.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett November 17th 2013, 12:04 am

Lack of charters will be a, "teachable moment" for them. Nothing changes till you hit something in the pocketbook.

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by strods March 8th 2016, 9:31 pm

Stupid question. I'm working on converting from Navigator, the hard way. Anyway, the other merits I see how to enter, but what about Spirit Challenge lessons?

#35 - Dsm IA
strods
strods

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones March 9th 2016, 7:27 am

You can add it in the GPH database.  Where you add the boys advancements there is a button down below that says Edit or find ...GPH.  You can then go to that screen add it in.  There is a link that takes you to GPH where you can find the merit copy the picture and add it to your gph database.
Here is a link to the advancements video.   I can make a video on how to do it in a few minutes if you want one.  

Mark jones

strods wrote:Stupid question.  I'm working on converting from Navigator, the hard way.  Anyway, the other merits I see how to enter, but what about Spirit Challenge lessons?

Last edited by Mark Jones on March 30th 2017, 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones March 9th 2016, 10:32 am

Had a few minutes. Here is the video on adding new stuff to the gph file for boys advancements.
http://readyrangers.tzo.com/video.html

Last edited by Mark Jones on March 15th 2017, 4:46 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : new link)
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones March 9th 2016, 10:32 am

Had a few minutes. Here is the video on adding new stuff to the gph file for boys advancements.

Last edited by Mark Jones on March 15th 2017, 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by strods March 12th 2016, 10:08 am

Thank you. I suppose it is my own fault for teaching ER. One of these days I'll learn.

#35 - Dsm IA
strods
strods

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadarangers March 12th 2016, 11:48 am

strods wrote:Stupid question.  I'm working on converting from Navigator, the hard way.  Anyway, the other merits I see how to enter, but what about Spirit Challenge lessons?

Is there an easy way to convert from navigator?

RR OP #5
BC&Yukon Dist.
Canada eh.

Canadarangers

Back to top Go down

Post by strods March 13th 2016, 9:39 am

Canadarangers wrote:Is there an easy way to convert from navigator?
See above, but short answer is no. In English, whomever wrote the code, wrote it very VERY closed sourced and to doesn't have a lot of options for getting the info out.

#35 - Dsm IA
strods
strods

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones March 14th 2016, 1:04 pm

The Ranger Navigator has been promising export of records for a long time.  It will come one of these days.

For now.  Just print out what you have and start typing it back in.  
Rangerdatabase will export into most any known data format.  

Once you get onto the Rangerdatabase you will love the open ended style.  You can use the data in hundreds of formats.  

Importing and exporting data is a snap.  

Holler if you have questions. It doesnt' take long to make a help video to show how to do something.
Here is a listing of videos from my site. It takes a bit to download them but it will answer a lot of questions you may have.
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones March 18th 2016, 1:45 pm

My Rangerdatabase code is open. NOT locked at ALL. Anyone can buy a copy of filemaker and edit the layouts themselves if they find something they need.

Most of the layouts will change the global stuff on all the forms by changing one global screen. Once that is changed where ever it is in the data base is updated.

For example Outpost # Change it at the global page and the rest of the 400 plus forms are updated with the new outpost number. same with Church Name and another 40 plus fields that are related to you and your outpost, church, district etc.

Tried to make it where it works for anyone with a RR outpost. It it has needed to be tracked in the past 25 years in Rangers it's in there.

Now being on Dist Exe staff It will pick up a few more Communication Coordinator stuff. It will track FCF wise anything you want to track in your chapter already. I am sure there is something I missed somewhere but it's still open to be modified to fit what you desire there.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadarangers March 19th 2016, 2:03 pm

How do I go in and wipe all the info that doesn't pertain to my outpost from the program?  

I'm getting tired of your ugly mug always popping up.  just kidding.

RR OP #5
BC&Yukon Dist.
Canada eh.

Canadarangers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones March 21st 2016, 12:58 pm

What ugly mug. I am a rompin stompin child of king Jesus that happens to have aged into a ...ok... never mind..just do what is below....Grin!

There is over 25 relational databases.  Enter each database  and select all records then delete all.  
I did leave sample data in each database.  
Events is one you may want to leave some stuff.  It will help you on trip planning. Just start customizing it.  

Goto the Global button right under the last name in the Main Ranger database file and change all that to fit your church, outpost, district, state and so on.  Then every report will have your info in them that fits your area.

There are a bunch of help files you can download.  They show you how.  Watch a few of them and you will catch on pretty quick.

Holler if you have questions.

Canadarangers wrote:How do I go in and wipe all the info that doesn't pertain to my outpost from the program?  

I'm getting tired of your ugly mug always popping up.  just kidding.
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones April 21st 2016, 5:48 pm

Did some major work in the Orienteering part of the Ranger Database.  It now has places for 2 maps. Lat and Longitude. Event management with time calc.  I spent all of one day working on it off and on trying to get data from 3 files and 5 tables to stay put and it evaded me after trying about 20 things in settings 20 times..it was a setting way down in it that was making my hair go gray(er).  Jesus and I got it figured out.

It makes creating orienteering courses a snap now.  Made up a help video  using Google earth and USA Topo and Ranger Database to create the event.  

My eyes are blood shot. My head aches.  YET it works very nicely!!!!  

Made up a 7 point course at our District Directors Ranch in about 30 minutes today. It was fun.  All with out laying a foot on or near that property. It's amazing what you can do with computers and the web.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones June 24th 2016, 7:38 am

The Orienteering Course went through some more modifications "tweaked" after pow wow. I learned a few more things. Not major changes just some tweaks. Simplified it even more.
Here is the latest video on the program and changes (Orienteering part)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJAsas-T-_s
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones August 22nd 2016, 7:13 am

Did some modifications to the Regatta Race Software that is part of the Ranger Database. Allowed on the fly class changes and better reporting. It has been a set race in our Division for 10 years or better. Just made it more flexible for other groups to use.

Http://readyrangers.tzo.com Link is at the bottom of the page. It is a self installing exe file so your virus software will warn you it's not safe. It's safe. markjonesranger@hotmail.com if you have any questions.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones March 10th 2017, 2:24 pm

Wow spent over 30 hours updating the GPH database with all the changes from border colors to updated pricing and gph numbers.  
Updated the order out sheet so when you have 30 boys getting a specific merit it shows 30  on one line instead of 30 lines of that same merit.  

Big enhancement.  Reporting of the boys record.  It prints out in order the number of skill merits, red, royal blue, sky blue and the same thing for all the blue merits, Green Merits and Silver merits.  Basics is it gives you a full report on the boys advancement records.  

Keep in mind you still have the ability to order, print certificates and do power points (in pdf format if you purchase a pdf creator like pdffactory.com highly recommended).

Created index files to relate merits for future uses even more so than what it's already doing.  Flat structure databases are like a piece of paper not easily messed up.  Relational databases can eliminate a lot of duplicate entry but they are hard to import and export data into and out of....it can be done but it's very very tricky.  Flat databases are easy to get data in to and out of.  
Added file to cloud storage so the downloads are a lot faster.

Ranger Database link.

Video help files moved over there as well most have been updated the past 2 weeks.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones April 28th 2018, 9:57 pm

Added some cool calculators for Action Camps.  We just held a 47 person SAC Survival Action Camp.  So in doing that made up a way to add lessons in segments to build a structured plan for a Advancement camp.  Its pretty basic.  Built it off of the National model of a Action Camp that they gave out at Lead 2018.  Also modified it to fit my needs better.  A more detailed form was needed.  It's found under the Permission Slips Button.

Also added a food/supplies calculator.  Just enter the number of people in one place and the rest of the calculations are based off of that number.  Enter the Item like Egg carton one dozen size.  Number of servings per package 12, number of servings 3, price per serving, price per package, number of packages.  It then figures it all for you and rounds up to the next package so you will never be short.  This is something I have been thinking about for a long time.  Just never did it.  Now it's done and it works great.  It's under Permission Slips.  Also if you ever want a set of permission slips for a event holler. I have over 350 permission slips with check off lists permission slips that are quickly edited to give out in a few minutes.  I can send you a import file.  I don't include them in the main download as it makes the files large since it's all graphical.

I add enhancements almost every day to the Ranger Database.  Since it's not for profit and I release a update every 6 months or so it's not all documented what had been changed.  The videos are a huge help.  Watch a few of them and you will figure it out.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones February 16th 2019, 8:15 am

Put up a new release on Valentines day. Home sick with a cold and headache. Added a layout for the new Ranger Derby Car Kit with max dimensions. Also one can take a scaled drawing and paste in the field boxes. So you can spray adhesive the print out to the block of wood and cut it out.

Changed some of the strides wording in the orienteering to steps as they are steps but not full strides. As you walk not toe to toe steps.

Always adding little tweaks to things. Easier ways of doing things. Just want to help. Download is found at the top of the page as well as the MAC version. Yup it's deep. Just look over the videos and if you have questions. HOLLER markjonesranger@hotmail.com
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Stewart June 20th 2019, 12:34 pm

in the RRdatabase, to edit the Awards Ceremony Card. Do i need to purchase the filemaker  software to remove the word Missionettes from the front of the card. seems to me it  would be cheaper to print out 1 award then edit it out in Publisher then print and run a mailing label and mail. easier to edit an existing file. but for a new and small outpost every penny counts right now.

Dave Stewart

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones June 23rd 2019, 9:53 pm

[quote="Dave Stewart"]in the RRdatabase, to edit the Awards Ceremony Card. Do i need to purchase the filemaker  software to remove the word Missionettes from the front of the card. seems to me it  would be cheaper to print out 1 award then edit it out in Publisher then print and run a mailing label and mail. easier to edit an existing file. but for a new and small outpost every penny counts right now.[/quote

Not sure which layout your referring to. Can you take a screen shot capture of it and send it to me.

markjonesranger@hotmail.com
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Stewart June 24th 2019, 12:42 am

tried to figure out how to send it finally sent by e-mail
Dave

Dave Stewart

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones June 24th 2019, 11:49 am

That layout was from almost 20 years ago when I was at Oakgrove. We had our RR and Missionettes groups Awards nights together. It was fun. I did edit it out so it would fit just the RR in future releases. Yet it's just a flyer and doesn't need any database record changes between prints so as you said Publisher would be a good one to use to edit a flyer.
One could download the latest version of Filemaker from the web and edit that form and leave the file name the same and it would function in the runtime just fine.

I had a mom of one of the boys in our Backpacking Action Camp ask me how I was so organized...ha..it's the Ranger Database that makes it organized. I just program it to track what I need record wise in Rangers and it works great. If I didn't have the authoring program many things would be left out. One good thing is after 30 years doing this stuff there is not much I haven't had to track so there generally is a way to track it. Hope this helps.
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next