RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» The Next Domino To Fall
by ccm2361 Today at 8:00 pm

» Culture Rot
by joecool April 24th 2024, 5:33 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool April 19th 2024, 10:37 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Claymore April 3rd 2024, 2:06 am

» March 2024 Thread
by joecool March 31st 2024, 9:17 am

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool March 16th 2024, 9:19 pm

» If It Bleeds...
by ccm2361 March 12th 2024, 7:23 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17108 messages in 1005 subjects

Ranger Kids Day camp.

3 posters

Go down

Ranger Kids Day camp. Empty Ranger Kids Day camp.

Post by Mark Jones August 10th 2014, 10:40 am

We had 114 folks at our Ranger Kids day camp this last saturday. About 60 Ranger Kids. 30 Rangers and the rest adults give or take a few in each category.

Weather was perfect. About 90 with Clouds moving in and out. We had lots of shade in the cedar trees and hardwoods. The events were scattered around a 10 acer field surrounded by trees. So shade was all over the place.

We had 20 some events scattered out. Archery, BB gun, Obstacle course, Rope Swing, water slide, Big Wheels, coloring, song singing, talk with Pastor and more. Lots of fun from 9am to 2 pm. With hotdogs and beans for lunch and bug juice and fig bars. Yum.

Our outpost camped over night with a 6 in our group and we did yard work on Friday night dragging up brush and cleaning up and hanging ropes and working on the obstacle course. Then at dusk we setup tents and build a fire and cooked our food and fun. Had one father and his two sons come out and camp with us.

We cooked steak over the fire, corn on the cob in husks in alum foil with lots of butter. The boys got some of that and ohhh my a ice cold Arkansas watermellon. Yum.

Around 11 pm we hit the sack and had a great nights sleep. Sat morning woke to the birds singing and the calls back and forth and the sun rising. Its the perfect time of the day for me.

Fired up my world war II swedish camp stove and had coffee and oatmeal. Rob had to get to the AG Centinial and man his booth for Sight and Sound so at 7:00 am..he got a hammock shake wake up call. (I wonder if he thought that big ole Raccoon was back doing that to him again...grin)

The days events went really well. We had a great devotion by Josh Pennekamp. The boys were challenge to face the giants in their life with God's help.

Ray Reece did a great job and his hard work and organization was very much appreciated. I would take a whole boat load of men with heart like his in Ranger miniistry. His heart shows up in going and doing Ranger Ministry for sure.

We are in Regatta mode right now. Building boats after church and in 2 weeks we paddle these card board boats accross a cove at Stockton Lake. I think it's 15 plus years down there. A few years back we saw 32 people baptized at that regatta. God moves when man get's out of the way for sure.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Ranger Kids Day camp. Empty Re: Ranger Kids Day camp.

Post by Phillip Gross September 7th 2015, 8:13 pm

I know that this post is from over a year ago, but we're just now starting to have more RK's so I'm looking into ideas for events for them. It just wasn't an issue before for us.

When we first started my second son Seth was a RK, but he is big for his age and fairly capable so he was able to do a lot. Then we went through a time where we only had one young RK, so we didn't really have specific RK events. Now we're finding ourselves with a few more RK's and I see the need to create some events for them.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore September 7th 2015, 8:25 pm

A Scavenger Hunt can keep them busy for about 45 minutes.

I put them into teams of about 2 to 4 kids. I also spread the oldest and youngest kids throughout the teams, so one team will have an older, a middle, and a younger kid.

A couple of days prior to the event, I go to the game area to identify things for them to find: pine cone, acorn, oak leaf, flint stone, seed-pod from gum tree, etc. If their parents are there, I also put something that they may have to go to Mom or Dad for (postage stamp).

I try to have enough varied prizes for every kid who finishes the course (Dollar Store to the rescue). But if I have different prizes, I let the kids from the winning teams pick first.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross September 7th 2015, 9:07 pm

Good stuff there! Thanks for the feedback.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down