RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool Yesterday at 10:29 pm

» Culture Rot
by joecool April 24th 2024, 5:33 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool April 19th 2024, 10:37 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Claymore April 3rd 2024, 2:06 am

» March 2024 Thread
by joecool March 31st 2024, 9:17 am

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool March 16th 2024, 9:19 pm

» If It Bleeds...
by ccm2361 March 12th 2024, 7:23 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17107 messages in 1005 subjects

Rockety

+4
Mark Jones
strods
Phillip Gross
arcliner
8 posters

Go down

Rockety Empty Rockety

Post by arcliner September 8th 2013, 5:44 pm

Have tasked the rangers to do up a launch pad and 2 water rockets per patrol. Requirement to passe their water rocket test, they will have to fly at least 3 stories high with their recovering device properly deployed successfully for 3 times. They have spend many weeks and effort drafting, planning, building the launch pads and rockets and all of them were very excited when i told them that this shall be the day when we will test your launch pad and water rocket!

Filling up water bucket, doing final touch up, setting safety boundaries under the scorching sun, they've finally cleared and set up their launching site. Many uncertainties came to their mind as they during their turn and start to loose confidence on their rockets and launch pad they have built when is their turn to launched. At the end only 1 out of 8 attempts managed to passed the criteria. I could felt their dismay and asked them to point to me 1 thing that they have contributed to the rocket / launch pad? (All of them pointed different parts without much thinking) and next i asked them i their own opinion which is the most important part of the rocket that will determine the successful launching of the rocket? (At this moment, they start to pause and think but was unable to conclude a part).

I when on sharing that our walk with God could be just like the process they have gone through in building the rocket, launch pad and finally launched it. From Question 1 that I have asked, we understand that everyone have to play their part during the building process, at times, one may not know what they are doing and what will the final product be! But all patrol members took instruction(s) from their individual patrol guides in what to do, some would take short cuts, some will be meticulously carried out their task to ensure that their rocket will be closes to perfection and as a whole, together you have assembled their final masterpiece for their launching!

Similarly, in our walk with God, at times He will speak to us clearly what we ought to do or show us what is the next step (Just like what they have received instruction from their Patrol Guides). At times, some of you may be lost, dismay, start to take shortcuts here and there, etc... which may affect those around them and most importantly the final quality of the "masterpiece", just like how Satan will come and rob, steal and destroy. But look! Bits by pieces, as we work together in faith and as a body of Christ we will finished the "masterpiece" together! Do not belittle God's given talent and gift for all of you (Some of you are good at measurements, cutting the materials, etc....). Each one of you have played an important role and determine the quality of the final "masterpiece".  Just like we learnt from question 2, no one is more important then the others, we must learnt to give our best spirit of excellence in our daily walk with Him, learnt to be watchman over one another, learnt to walk together using every gift and talent that God as has given to you! We may not know the how long, how difficult or easy the journey will be, but one thing for sure, we are joining the puzzle together to fulfill the the promise and plan of God, just as how successful this rocket is, so are we going to be as a whole (Pointing to the successful Rocket and launchpad).

RR Outpost #11, Singapore
Regional Staff (Expedition Leadership Camp Coordinator [equivalent to JTC])

Training Seminars/Camps:
LMA, JBEML, Ranger Basics, NTC, ANTC, WCO, National Academy, YLA (equivalent to JLTA).
arcliner
arcliner

Back to top Go down

Rockety Empty Re: Rockety

Post by Phillip Gross September 8th 2013, 6:09 pm

Wow! Great devotional teaching there! I may have to borrow that. Smile
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by strods September 8th 2013, 7:55 pm

and I'm thinking WATER!... that is the perfect option for this merit. Our outpost is by in the flight path so traditional rockets were always a no go. This is brilliant and simple... Thanks!

#35 - Dsm IA
strods
strods

Back to top Go down

Post by arcliner September 9th 2013, 3:43 am

Phillip Gross wrote:Wow! Great devotional teaching there! I may have to borrow that. Smile
It is from the bible, so it free! Take and use it! cheers 

Training Seminars/Camps:
LMA, JBEML, Ranger Basics, NTC, ANTC, WCO, National Academy, YLA (equivalent to JLTA).
arcliner
arcliner

Back to top Go down

Post by arcliner September 9th 2013, 3:48 am

strods wrote:and I'm thinking WATER!... that is the perfect option for this merit.  Our outpost is by in the flight path so traditional rockets were always a no go.  This is brilliant and simple... Thanks!
To clarify, I have to alter the merit to suit the Law Requirement here in Singapore. Rocket Engines are considered as explosive here, thus i'm not allowed to purchase it over here. But eventually, all the rangers taking part in this merit will built a skill 2 rocket, but launching it in a foreign land when we are in overseas mission. Very Happy 

Training Seminars/Camps:
arcliner
arcliner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones September 9th 2013, 7:49 am

Great job. Enjoyed the report. Do you have plans for the Rockets you are building and the launch pads?

I had a water rocket at the age of 8. It was cool. I about put my eye out with it...but it was a learning situation.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones September 9th 2013, 7:52 am

Our Pioneer group (Discovery Rangers) years back built about 15 rockets. We took them out and shot them off. It was fun and a great experience and great crafting event.

We had a few rockets that never came back. Some were caught up in the trees. I returned later on in the week with some tall poles and retrieved 3 rockets and returned them to the boys. It was a great devotion on how God will go out of his way to bring us back home.
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by arcliner September 9th 2013, 9:56 pm

Mark Jones wrote:Great job.  Enjoyed the report.  Do you have plans for the Rockets you are building and the launch pads?  

I had a water rocket at the age of 8.  It was cool.  I about put my eye out with it...but it was a learning situation.  

Mark Jones
You can check out this instruction for launch pad Launch Pad Assembly

Training Seminars/Camps:
arcliner
arcliner

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore September 9th 2013, 10:46 pm

I keep having trouble opening links that Bernard puts up for us.

Anyone else??

Maybe because of the age of my computer; it's a Frigidaire (runs on L.P. gas).

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross September 10th 2013, 4:24 am

It opened fine for me.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett September 10th 2013, 7:24 am

Must be the Frigidaire...

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones September 10th 2013, 8:55 am

You can get a update for pdfs from downloading from Adobe.com
Here is the link. It's a free download and use.

http://get.adobe.com/reader/?promoid=JZEFU

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 September 10th 2013, 1:50 pm

Claymore wrote:I keep having trouble opening links that Bernard puts up for us.

Worked fine for me Dunno 

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Christi September 11th 2013, 10:12 pm

Bernard wrote:Have tasked the rangers to do up a launch pad and 2 water rockets per patrol. Requirement to passe their water rocket test, they will have to fly at least 3 stories high with their recovering device properly deployed successfully for 3 times. They have spend many weeks and effort drafting, planning, building the launch pads and rockets and all of them were very excited when i told them that this shall be the day when we will test your launch pad and water rocket!

Filling up water bucket, doing final touch up, setting safety boundaries under the scorching sun, they've finally cleared and set up their launching site. Many uncertainties came to their mind as they during their turn and start to loose confidence on their rockets and launch pad they have built when is their turn to launched. At the end only 1 out of 8 attempts managed to passed the criteria. I could felt their dismay and asked them to point to me 1 thing that they have contributed to the rocket / launch pad? (All of them pointed different parts without much thinking) and next i asked them i their own opinion which is the most important part of the rocket that will determine the successful launching of the rocket? (At this moment, they start to pause and think but was unable to conclude a part).

I when on sharing that our walk with God could be just like the process they have gone through in building the rocket, launch pad and finally launched it. From Question 1 that I have asked, we understand that everyone have to play their part during the building process, at times, one may not know what they are doing and what will the final product be! But all patrol members took instruction(s) from their individual patrol guides in what to do, some would take short cuts, some will be meticulously carried out their task to ensure that their rocket will be closes to perfection and as a whole, together you have assembled their final masterpiece for their launching!

Similarly, in our walk with God, at times He will speak to us clearly what we ought to do or show us what is the next step (Just like what they have received instruction from their Patrol Guides). At times, some of you may be lost, dismay, start to take shortcuts here and there, etc... which may affect those around them and most importantly the final quality of the "masterpiece", just like how Satan will come and rob, steal and destroy. But look! Bits by pieces, as we work together in faith and as a body of Christ we will finished the "masterpiece" together! Do not belittle God's given talent and gift for all of you (Some of you are good at measurements, cutting the materials, etc....). Each one of you have played an important role and determine the quality of the final "masterpiece".  Just like we learnt from question 2, no one is more important then the others, we must learnt to give our best spirit of excellence in our daily walk with Him, learnt to be watchman over one another, learnt to walk together using every gift and talent that God as has given to you! We may not know the how long, how difficult or easy the journey will be, but one thing for sure, we are joining the puzzle together to fulfill the the promise and plan of God, just as how successful this rocket is, so are we going to be as a whole (Pointing to the successful Rocket and launchpad).
Great devotion cheers 
Christi
Christi

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 September 12th 2013, 8:39 am

way to un-hijack the thread & get it back on topic cheers

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by arcliner September 19th 2013, 4:05 am

ccm2361 wrote:way to un-hijack the thread & get it back on topic cheers
cheers We should start another thread, Windows/ Apple/ Android.

Training Seminars/Camps:
arcliner
arcliner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum