RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» May 2024 Thread
by joecool Today at 2:01 pm

» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool Today at 9:48 am

» Culture Rot
by joecool April 30th 2024, 7:22 pm

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool April 30th 2024, 3:15 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool April 19th 2024, 10:37 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Claymore April 3rd 2024, 2:06 am

» March 2024 Thread
by joecool March 31st 2024, 9:17 am

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17116 messages in 1006 subjects

Dead Men Walking

2 posters

Go down

Dead Men Walking Empty Dead Men Walking

Post by joecool December 1st 2023, 3:03 pm

This morning, I was making a little matrix to evaluate my church's ministries, in order to see where we might be lacking. Across the top were the 3 parts of our mission statement. And on the side was how I categorize the groups that we should be serving:
- Faithful (attend at least twice a month)
- Regular (attend at least once every 2 months)
- Casual (attend on holidays or when they have nothing else to do)
- De-churched (COVID fear kept them away long enough to fall prey to the culture's constant lies)
- Unchurched (never look in the church's direction to seek answers to their problems)

Another term came to mind...Dead Man Walking. At first, I was only connecting it to all those in the last category and maybe some of those in the de-churched camp. But the longer I thought about it, the more Dead Men I see walking around out there. When it comes to people on Death Row, those men and women get ample opportunity to look back on their lives and repent before it's too late. Some do - many don't. How many of those not imprisoned are walking around "free," never realizing that their own actions have condemned them.

Others' openness to a witnessing encounter is getting more scarce as time goes on. We need better ways to reach them, because the callouses of ignorance and delusion are thick, caused by believing in the incessant lies from the Enemy. The only way to get through to them is with the power of the Holy Spirit. That's what we're called to do.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Dead Men Walking Empty Re: Dead Men Walking

Post by Claymore December 2nd 2023, 3:26 pm

joecool wrote:.....The only way to get through to them is with the power of the Holy Spirit. That's what we're called to do.

We're not going to do it by our own power. My opinion is that "Prayer and Example" are the greatest tools in our arsenal. I will even diminish "Witnessing", to a degree (and partially, because I am not a glad-hander). But there is UNLIMITED information and preaching of the truth available. I like to hear accounts of persons who have reported to have clinically died, seen heaven (or hell), and came back to report it. They can relay their report to MILLIONS of people. They have an opportunity to pass on God's truth that even Saint Paul did not have.

So my bottom line is that the Means is out there. There are people who are blessed with the Talent to put it to use. Is the Enemy going to counterfeit it with his own message? Of course, but that is what he has always done, and he will find a willing audience to hear what they want to hear.

I am not going to worry about personally saving the world, because it is beyond my abilities and will only lead to frustration. When I was in the Army as a small unit leader, my commander would say, "Sergeant Clay, I want you and your men to control everything from that crooked tree on the left to that pile of rocks on the right. Don't let anything come through it. Can you do that?" My answer would be, "Yes, Sir!".

I didn't worry about what the tankers were doing with their equipment. I didn't worry if the cooks were getting drunk. I didn't worry if the Lieutenant was making eyes at the Company Clerk. I worried about my own sector.

At church, I don't worry that the landscaper might have missed edging the sidewalk, I don't count the number of church bulletins to make sure that there are enough, and I don't worry if the choir might sound a bit flat. I take care of teaching the Rangers, certifying church security, checking the fire extinguishers, and checking the doors after the service.

And insofar as the "Great Commission" is concerned, I consider Prayer and Example as my Sector of Fire.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum