RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» May 2024 Thread
by joecool Yesterday at 9:24 am

» What Your Outpost Did This Week.
by Claymore May 6th 2024, 1:00 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Jameskostich May 2nd 2024, 2:34 pm

» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool May 2nd 2024, 9:48 am

» Culture Rot
by joecool April 30th 2024, 7:22 pm

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool April 30th 2024, 3:15 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool April 19th 2024, 10:37 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17120 messages in 1006 subjects

No Input from Springfield Headquarters?

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

No Input from Springfield Headquarters? - Page 2 Empty Re: No Input from Springfield Headquarters?

Post by ccm2361 December 5th 2023, 8:08 pm

Mark Jones wrote:
I personally could fix most of this by just allowing for a outpost to teach the merits they like to teach and if they repeat that same merit every other year then the boys get credit for a new merit.  Firecraft 1  Firecraft 2, Firecraft 3  and so on.  They would get credit for a merit completed and acutally get good at it again instead of one and done that has a end result of "oh ya I already did that...but I can't do it and don't remember much about it"    

Firecraft! That was my absolute favorite merit to teach, fire

We did firecraft every year, even if everyone had already earned it. I liked it, the kids liked it. Although we actually lit the fires.

we would go outside & build the fire for that weeks lesson & then do Bible study around the fire.
Some nights we had some marshmallows to toast for smores. The last night we always had hot dogs to cook.

We had loads of fun trying out different ways to light the fire. fire

good times

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

No Input from Springfield Headquarters? - Page 2 Empty Re: No Input from Springfield Headquarters?

Post by RRCmdrBennett December 5th 2023, 8:12 pm

I’ve been reactivated  No Input from Springfield Headquarters? - Page 2 1f602 to the forums after hearing I was right once again when I predicted this once to Chris many years ago that skill merit lessons would be interchangeable and add up like the new bible merits are setup.  Jack of all trades and master of none is our new motto these days. Ready to tie one knot, ready with one type of fire, ready to just boil water, ready to cut but not chop, ready to fire but can’t sight in a gun, and now gimme my skill merit!  

Which OS Update is Rangers now at 3.3.1.2…?  

Mark, did national ever complete all 6 leadership merits for the top 3 groups?  

No Input from Springfield Headquarters? - Page 2 1f602

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones December 6th 2023, 12:46 pm

Claymore wrote:Mark,

How will the new guidelines be put out?

Will we have to purchase a new Leader’s Manual?  I just bought one, 7 months ago for WCO.  

EBI Every boy Initiative. If just a small percentage of our Leaders would give 25.00 per month to this they can drop chartering and Trac Club Memberships and make it all at no cost.

I like this and have been on board for almost a year now. It's like supporting a missionary yet it is making RR ministry at no cost to the churches and leaders. Chartering has kept so many folk out of the loop. Now all the new updates to merits and such would be free. All they do is register on line and download to their hearts content.

I think I own like 5 revisions of the leader's manual. Bought one last year myself. I just feel it's important to support what I believe in. (Now don't hold me to it...I don't agree with every word or concept but the over all RTK Folk for Christ I am in on that for sure).

These Last few years using the gift of woodworking and fundraising and resawing trees into lumber it has enabled thousands of dollars in support for our District Royal Rangers. As each can I strongly encourage to give as unto God. While it makes no sense in my carnal logical mind...I can see the benefits of it many times over. God has got this and for the biggest part I am behind it. A great way to loose is to divide one's faith part in God and the other part in a man made system to manipulate a outcome. It's in our nature sadly to keep on trying the man made systems... will we ever learn? When we get to the point as unto God alone and each one pours their heart out as God has called then it will once again flourish..if that is possible with the end of days in our laps.
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones January 1st 2024, 10:29 pm

Yes they did however I have only taught the Discovery and Adventure Leadership merits. Since they get credit for a leadership merit no matter what level we teach from it works out good for the smaller outposts for example that have 5 discovery 4 Adventure and 3 Expedition Rangers. In this case all boys would receive their level of Leadership skill merits.
(personally, the only reason I teach Leadership Skill Merits is for advancement levels) I think leadership is really taught in the field not so much in the classroom. I would rather just teach a merit or do a project with the boys.

RRCmdrBennett wrote:I’ve been reactivated  No Input from Springfield Headquarters? - Page 2 1f602 to the forums after hearing I was right once again when I predicted this once to Chris many years ago that skill merit lessons would be interchangeable and add up like the new bible merits are setup.  Jack of all trades and master of none is our new motto these days. Ready to tie one knot, ready with one type of fire, ready to just boil water, ready to cut but not chop, ready to fire but can’t sight in a gun, and now gimme my skill merit!  

Which OS Update is Rangers now at 3.3.1.2…?  

Mark, did national ever complete all 6 leadership merits for the top 3 groups?  

No Input from Springfield Headquarters? - Page 2 1f602
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2