RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» May 2024 Thread
by joecool Today at 9:24 am

» What Your Outpost Did This Week.
by Claymore May 6th 2024, 1:00 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Jameskostich May 2nd 2024, 2:34 pm

» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool May 2nd 2024, 9:48 am

» Culture Rot
by joecool April 30th 2024, 7:22 pm

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool April 30th 2024, 3:15 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool April 19th 2024, 10:37 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17120 messages in 1006 subjects

May 2023 Thread

3 posters

Go down

May 2023 Thread Empty May 2023 Thread

Post by joecool May 1st 2023, 2:28 pm

How's everyone doing out there? Another month gone, another month closer to...

Of the four worst bank failures in American history, three have happened in the last 6 weeks. Biden stands in front of a microphone today and says everything's okay. I get it. His handlers gave him a script to try and stave off financial panic. I'm no expert, although I did once stay at a Holiday Inn Express, so here's my take:

Ever since the '08 collapse, the "too big to fail" banks were bailed out by the gov't. And we, the little people, paid for it. For several years, the bank's interest rates for our deposits has been in the low hundredth's of one percent. The bank loaned it out for exponentially more, and kept the profits to make themselves healthy again. This lasted for nearly 15 years.

Thanks to COVID and the govt's response to it, commercial property is cratering and personal/business bankruptcies are through the roof. Banks are stuck with a huge pile of bad loans, and they're desperate for more deposits in order to stay afloat. I'd been wondering why so many big banks were offering interest rates over 3%. People have been moving money around like crazy, trying to take advantage of ever-higher rates. The most recent failure was caused by a bank losing 40% of its deposits.

It all reminds me of the scene in It's A Wonderful LIfe, when there's a run on the local savings and loan. Multiply that by thousands. And Jimmy Stewart isn't around to help out this time. We have nothing but Joe Biden and his elite pals, who are scheming behind the scenes like Mr. Potter.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

May 2023 Thread Empty Re: May 2023 Thread

Post by joecool May 2nd 2023, 3:25 pm

Where did the "balloon" thread go? No, I don't mean the kind of balloons that clowns blow up. I'm referring to the really big balloons that Biden the Clown blows up.

It's been reported that another huge spy balloon is aloft, having passed by Hawaii on its way to our West Coast. The administration says they have no idea whose balloon it is, and that it was not a threat to Hawaii. Yeah, and I have oceanfront property to sell in Montana.

It came out weeks later, but it leaked out that we were aware of the first spy balloon's launch from the moment it left China. And truth be known, we know exactly where this week's balloon originated, too. A picture of it shows all the same solar panels and surveillance equipment hanging from it. If our cameras were strong enough, we'd be able to make out "Made in China" stenciled on it.

So, will the clown let this balloon get away like the last one, not doing anything about it until its transcontinental passage and data collection is complete?

I think back to the glorious 80's, when we had the Trifecta of Reagan, Thatcher and Pope John Paul II. Evil was soundly thrashed. Now we have a 3-ring act, starring Biden, Trudeau and Macron. Bread and circuses, indeed.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 May 4th 2023, 11:06 am

We live in clown world.

I am now officially out of work. Not Working But I came away with almost 3 months pay as a severance.
Praise the Lord for that.

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool May 5th 2023, 2:45 pm

ccm2361 wrote: I am now officially out of work. Not Working   But I came away with almost 3 months pay as a severance. Praise the Lord for that.

Here's an article that shares alarming trends in your profession. But, of course, the administration says there's nothing to be concerned about. Nothing to see here. Move along. Back in the day, Obama would have said, "Learn to code." Biden just doubles down and says to keep on voting for the guys in charge.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/it-will-be-really-tough-for-trucking-companies-to-stay-in-business-if-things-don-t-pick-up-by-memorial-day-says-an-american-trucking-association/ar-AA1aLSDj?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=597c546827d149ee81d39cd8252d8076&ei=122
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool May 7th 2023, 4:52 pm

There are a few Bible verses that specifically tell us to pray for our leaders. They don't discriminate between good or bad leaders. Yet I confess to my brothers that it's extremely hard for me to get on my knees for them. It shouldn't be, yet I constantly come up with excuses.

This morning I was thinking about President Biden, who is suffering from severe cognitive decline. No matter what side of the aisle, people know this. Short of a miracle from God, he isn't going to get any better. We know that others are making all the decisions for him.

With that in mind, I'm going to pray for his #1 advisor and gate-keeper, and that's Jill Biden. I think she is the one who needs to hear from God.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 May 8th 2023, 11:43 am

joecool wrote:Here's an article that shares alarming trends in your profession. But, of course, the administration says there's nothing to be concerned about. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Oh goody.

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 May 19th 2023, 10:05 am

Awful quiet around here lately Crying or Very sad

Still looking for work. Only jobs I can find are nights or companies that are always hiring. (revolving doors that cant keep people.)

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool May 19th 2023, 11:28 am

ccm2361 wrote: Still looking for work. Only jobs I can find are nights or companies that are always hiring. (revolving doors that cant keep people.)

Are the revolvers that way because the work is mind-numbing or dead-end? Or is it because the work is too hard for those who haven't learned how to work hard?

On a related note, an AG college in Florida has partnered with 200 companies and now offers an AA or BA in the trades. Besides classwork, paid internships are available.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 May 22nd 2023, 4:47 pm

joecool wrote:
ccm2361 wrote: Still looking for work. Only jobs I can find are nights or companies that are always hiring. (revolving doors that cant keep people.)

Are the revolvers that way because the work is mind-numbing or dead-end? Or is it because the work is too hard for those who haven't learned how to work hard?

They are revolving doors because of the way they treat their employees. The employees are just bodies to be used up.

One company here in my town, pays very well. BUT you MUST be available all shifts/all days. They own you. I see their truck drivers sleeping just outside of town all the time, because they ran out of service hours. (truck drivers are only allowed to work 14 hours a day) If a driver comes back with ANY time remaining on their clock-they are required to take another load out. which results in them sleeping in a rest area/parking lot instead of going home. And these are not sleeper trucks, but day cabs.

No way will I ever work for them.

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool May 24th 2023, 5:44 pm

Missed it by a few days, but a root beer cheer to Chris and Claymore, who have been on Ranger Chat for a decade! Thanks for contributing your wit and wisdom. We are all richer for it...at least we were, until inflation spiked.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

ccm2361 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 May 25th 2023, 7:08 pm

Doesn't seem like it has been that long

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore May 26th 2023, 12:40 am

joecool wrote:. We are all richer for it...at least we were, until inflation spiked.

Tell me about it. My retirement fund is down $35,000.00, since that Muttonhead in Washington, DC started sticking his fingers into the economy.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool June 12th 2023, 12:45 pm

Where were you on June 12, 1987? I was outside the Persian Gulf, standing watch on the bridge of a fleet oiler.

"Mr. Gorbachev...tear down this wall!" His aides were aghast that he said it out loud, but President Reagan knew the time had come. And he ended up destroying the Soviet Union without firing a shot. Up to that time, I had spent over a dozen years in uniform during the Cold War. Years later, I shed tears when he passed away. What a man. What a leader.

Somewhere around 2000, I toured a small Missouri museum dedicated to Winston Churchill. Right across the street at a college, he had given his Iron Curtain speech. What a man. What a leader. He started the fight. Reagan finished it.

Where are our leaders now?
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down