RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» May 2024 Thread
by ccm2361 Today at 10:23 pm

» Culture Rot
by joecool Yesterday at 8:26 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool May 11th 2024, 11:12 am

» What Your Outpost Did This Week.
by Claymore May 6th 2024, 1:00 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Jameskostich May 2nd 2024, 2:34 pm

» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool May 2nd 2024, 9:48 am

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool April 30th 2024, 3:15 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17130 messages in 1006 subjects

Gold Dust and Feathers

+4
RRCmdrBennett
ccm2361
Mark Jones
Claymore
8 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Gold Dust and Feathers - Page 5 Empty Re: Gold Dust and Feathers

Post by RRCmdrBennett September 8th 2017, 11:27 am

joecool wrote:Our church's Fall small group offerings were available for sign-ups yesterday... minus one of them. It turns out that the gold dust ex-elder was approved by pastor to teach one. But someone saw it Thu night at worship band practice. After an exchange of texts with pastor, the class was pulled.

What was the class about? There wasn't a book or curriculum (maybe not even the Bible) to review. His class was an opportunity for people to share their supernatural experiences with each other.

Our pastor is very much aware of what we all went through before his arrival. How could he approve it? More to come, I'm sure.    

1 Corinthians 13:11 KJV
[11] When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

Sitting around telling ghost stories isn't very mature in a church setting. Seeking "experiences" of the supernatural is mysticism. We walk by faith not by sight. I'm not Thomas or an early church believer who needs a sign or miracle to believe. Too many immature believers lining pockets of authors entertaining them with 15 minutes in Heaven.

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool September 8th 2017, 4:12 pm

RRCmdrBennett wrote: Too many immature believers lining pockets of authors entertaining them with 15 minutes in Heaven.

On the plus side, pastor's sermon last week included "Don't buy all the latest books out there to the exclusion of spending time with the original Word."
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 September 8th 2017, 5:45 pm

joecool wrote:
RRCmdrBennett wrote: Too many immature believers lining pockets of authors entertaining them with 15 minutes in Heaven.

On the plus side, pastor's sermon last week included "Don't buy all the latest books out there to the exclusion of spending time with the original Word."

We had a message about that recently too! Cool

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett September 11th 2017, 12:29 am

Too many aren't satisfied with Sola Sciptura!

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool September 17th 2017, 9:24 am

RRCmdrBennett wrote: Sitting around telling ghost stories isn't very mature in a church setting.  Seeking "experiences" of the supernatural is mysticism. We walk by faith not by sight.

I hear what you're saying, Dan. I'm not against a class that seeks to share past supernatural experiences. Where would Pentecostalism be if it was kept under a basket? I was against a particular person leading it, as he was part of the original "superior clique" that brought gold dust and feathers theology to our church. It started badly and ended badly, and almost closed the doors. He has yet to turn away from that movement, and return to 100% support of the fundamental beliefs of the AG. He had seemingly left our church, but returned when we hired a new senior pastor. He immediately became his shadow, and I believe that he is trying to regain his former position as an elder. At least a couple of us former deacons don't trust him, and keep an eye on things. I guess you could say we're shepherds without portfolio.

Supernatural experiences have been shared throughout OT/NT times, as well as today. Hearing them can be very encouraging to others, especially when heard from friends or those we have familiarity with. But when they become the impetus for people to seek signs and wonders for signs and wonders' sake, that can lead down a dark path. And just like Motel 6, I'm going to keep the lights on.

joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett September 19th 2017, 4:15 am

joecool wrote:
RRCmdrBennett wrote: Sitting around telling ghost stories isn't very mature in a church setting.  Seeking "experiences" of the supernatural is mysticism. We walk by faith not by sight.

I hear what you're saying, Dan. I'm not against a class that seeks to share past supernatural experiences. Where would Pentecostalism be if it was kept under a basket? I was against a particular person leading it, as he was part of the original "superior clique" that brought gold dust and feathers theology to our church. It started badly and ended badly, and almost closed the doors. He has yet to turn away from that movement, and return to 100% support of the fundamental beliefs of the AG. He had seemingly left our church, but returned when we hired a new senior pastor. He immediately became his shadow, and I believe that he is trying to regain his former position as an elder. At least a couple of us former deacons don't trust him, and keep an eye on things. I guess you could say we're shepherds without portfolio.

Supernatural experiences have been shared throughout OT/NT times, as well as today. Hearing them can be very encouraging to others, especially when heard from friends or those we have familiarity with. But when they become the impetus for people to seek signs and wonders for signs and wonders' sake, that can lead down a dark path. And just like Motel 6, I'm going to keep the lights on.

I hear what you're saying but unless God inspires you to write or share its best kept to one's self. Even Paul said somethings were unlawful to speak.

2 Corinthians 12:2-4 KJV
[2] I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven. [3] And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) [4] How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

Revelation 10:4 KJV
[4] And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.

Number of times Jesus instructed people to keep silent when he performed a miracle. Inevitably a class of people who are sharing stories will pursue that. Others who haven't had an experience may wonder why they aren't as good special as the rest. Some will be tempted to exaggerate or even make up a story.

John 20:29 KJV
[29] Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

I don't have to be awed or wow'ed by others experiences. I believe Him even when I never seen a miracle. I like Joni Eareckson Tada's comments that she lets pentecostals pray for her if they want. She knows it's primarily about physically healing. She said before you do that please pray that I am less cranky in the morning lol. She went onto list more requests for personal character traits or fruit of the Spirit to develop in her. I think we overlook them because its not as showy and flashy as a miraculous sign gift.

1 Corinthians 13:11 KJV
[11] When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

In a spiritual sense many sign seekers are like this verse acting like children going after every new thing.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool October 9th 2017, 7:56 am

joecool wrote: I was against a particular person leading it, as he was part of the original "superior clique" that brought gold dust and feathers theology to our church. It started badly and ended badly, and almost closed the doors. He has yet to turn away from that movement, and return to 100% support of the fundamental beliefs of the AG. He had seemingly left our church, but returned when we hired a new senior pastor. He immediately became his shadow, and I believe that he is trying to regain his former position as an elder. At least a couple of us former deacons don't trust him, and keep an eye on things. I guess you could say we're shepherds without portfolio.

Went to a meeting after church yesterday, requested by our pastor. I believe he was attempting to quell bad feelings between the two camps on gold dust and feathers. The "particular person"/former elder above took the opportunity to get a lot of things off his chest. He also insisted that, at the district superintendent's meeting from 18 month's ago, that both sides' positions were 180 degrees out from what the rest of us remember. Our pastor jumped in to basically say, "Looks like this whole thing was just a miscommunication. Let's move on together."

After some more talking, the former elder let slip that he believes Jesus was born with a sinful nature. I glanced at the pastor and saw his eyes opening wide as he sat back in his chair. It was a defining moment, and I believe that he will have his guard up from now on.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett October 10th 2017, 12:21 am

joecool wrote:
joecool wrote: I was against a particular person leading it, as he was part of the original "superior clique" that brought gold dust and feathers theology to our church. It started badly and ended badly, and almost closed the doors. He has yet to turn away from that movement, and return to 100% support of the fundamental beliefs of the AG. He had seemingly left our church, but returned when we hired a new senior pastor. He immediately became his shadow, and I believe that he is trying to regain his former position as an elder. At least a couple of us former deacons don't trust him, and keep an eye on things. I guess you could say we're shepherds without portfolio.

Went to a meeting after church yesterday, requested by our pastor. I believe he was attempting to quell bad feelings between the two camps on gold dust and feathers. The "particular person"/former elder above took the opportunity to get a lot of things off his chest. He also insisted that, at the district superintendent's meeting from 18 month's ago, that both sides' positions were 180 degrees out from what the rest of us remember. Our pastor jumped in to basically say, "Looks like this whole thing was just a miscommunication. Let's move on together."

After some more talking, the former elder let slip that he believes Jesus was born with a sinful nature. I glanced at the pastor and saw his eyes opening wide as he sat back in his chair. It was a defining moment, and I believe that he will have his guard up from now on.

The idea of a sinful nature in Jesus is ludicrous. Not surprising since some think he the second member of the trinity could have sinned because he was "tempted" in the wilderness. Both are heresy imho. It would make God a gambler and potentially a liar if his OT prophets lied about a Messiah that would save them but failed.

Did he explain what would lead him to believe that?

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool October 10th 2017, 7:09 am

RRCmdrBennett wrote: Did he explain what would lead him to believe that?

Wish I wrote down the verse, as a sloppy reading of it could lead someone to be confused. But it had a key phrase (the appearance of) that he failed to notice. That's what Bill Johnson (source of all this heresy) does, though. He first comes up with his theology, and then finds verses that he can twist to support it.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore October 10th 2017, 12:08 pm

Yeah, seen that.

I once heard a preacher's wife announce from the pulpit that Jesus turned the water into non-alcoholic wine.

Now, if a person wants to personally adhere to a Holiness Standard, that is admirable. but don't go sticking words into the Bible that aren't there, because you don't like the way that it is written.

If you are making up stuff about this Reading, then what OTHER things are you making up stuff about?

Some folks have said that wine in Biblical times had little-to-no alcohol in it. It made Noah get falling-down drunk and lay in his tent, naked, and curse his family; and it got Lott drunk enough to get one of his own daughters pregnant (sounds like that stuff had a pretty-good kick to it).

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross October 10th 2017, 10:13 pm

Maybe they had a lower tolerance back then.... Mr Green
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool October 17th 2017, 8:58 am

I really should let it go at some point, but it's hard. Did a little research to see what's new in "Bethel" land. A picture of the senior pastor's car in the church parking lot was available...a $200,000 Aston Martin. A real piker. The associate pastor posted a picture of himself with his new ride...an exotic sports car that I couldn't identify, but had to be in the half million dollar range.

If you work hard, you should be able to enjoy the fruits of your labor. But these guys are leading their flock astray, the very ones who finance their lifestyle.

Last edited by joecool on December 25th 2022, 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore October 17th 2017, 8:47 pm

I agree. Good Leadership is worth its Pay.

However,

God's resources should be used wisely. I had a talk with a (Christian) relative who had mentioned that someone had spent $10,000.00 for a hip replacement for their dog. She said, "If they really love their dog, they should be able to do that."

I agreed that it is their money, and they have the right to use it as they see fit, but that much money could be used for something like missions to introduce Christ to the unchurched.

I said, used in the mission field, that $10,000.00 might be able to bring 500 poor Cambodians to the Lord. Which can you take with you to Heaven: the 500 Cambodian souls, or your dog's artificial hip?

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool October 17th 2017, 9:22 pm

Claymore wrote: Which can you take with you to Heaven...the dog?

what Hold on there! Are you saying dogs DON'T go to Heaven?
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore October 18th 2017, 12:20 am

You're WAY overthinking this thing.

Go back to EMMM

Enlisted
Man
Mental
Mode

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool October 18th 2017, 3:48 pm

Claymore wrote: Go back to EMMM

Never lost it. That's why I don't use diplomacy when talking about Bill Johnson. He's a serial spiritual abuser. His little kingdom will one day come crashing down. Unfortunately, his flock will look for another leader like him. "Thank you, sir! May I have another?!"
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett October 18th 2017, 5:43 pm

Claymore wrote:I agree.  Good Leadership is worth its Pay.

However,

God's resources should be used wisely.  I had a talk with a (Christian) relative who had mentioned that someone had spent $10,000.00 for a hip replacement for their dog.  She said, "If they really love their dog, they should be able to do that."

I agreed that it is their money, and they have the right to use it as they see fit, but that much money could be used for something like missions to introduce Christ to the unchurched.

I said, used in the mission field, that $10,000.00 might be able to bring 500 poor Cambodians to the Lord.  Which can you take with you to Heaven: the 500 Cambodian souls, or your dog's artificial hip?

God's sovereignty and providence he can make a storm capsize your boat, a whale or big fish transport you to Cambodia, and the ability to speak Cambodian and preach. God isn't limited by lack of funds or man's "free will".

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett October 18th 2017, 5:48 pm

joecool wrote:

Hebrew or Greek?

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett October 18th 2017, 6:01 pm

Claymore wrote:Yeah, seen that.

I once heard a preacher's wife announce from the pulpit that Jesus turned the water into non-alcoholic wine.

Now, if a person wants to personally adhere to a Holiness Standard, that is admirable. but don't go sticking words into the Bible that aren't there, because you don't like the way that it is written.

If you are making up stuff about this Reading, then what OTHER things are you making up stuff about?

Some folks have said that wine in Biblical times had little-to-no alcohol in it.  It made Noah get falling-down drunk and lay in his tent, naked, and curse his family; and it got Lott drunk enough to get one of his own daughters pregnant (sounds like that stuff had a pretty-good kick to it).

Lot actually pregged both daughters made two evil nations. Wine without alcohol isn't really wine. Joel Osteen's wife said something like Jesus was just an ordinary man like us till God touched him.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore October 18th 2017, 10:25 pm

RRCmdrBennett wrote: Wine without alcohol isn't really wine.   

Right-On.

And Grape-Juice that causes a Goat-Skin to burst ain't Grape-Juice.

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett October 19th 2017, 12:34 am

Claymore wrote:
RRCmdrBennett wrote: Wine without alcohol isn't really wine.   

Right-On.

And Grape-Juice that causes a Goat-Skin to burst ain't Grape-Juice.

The goat skin comment made me chuckle. How some must perform eisegesis to keep their theology and supporters intact.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett October 22nd 2017, 12:12 am

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool December 28th 2017, 6:49 pm

Last week in a teachers' meeting, the new-ish music guy responded to a comment about the recent K-6 Christmas program, which went very well. "Yeah, that one song I really like is from Bethel Church. The singer wears dreadlocks and his group's stage performance is a little weird, but I didn't let the kids see the video for practice, just listen to it.

Haven't decided yet whether to say anything to him. He already seems to recognize something's amiss with Bethel, but it should have steered him clear on his own.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones December 29th 2017, 10:21 am

It's hard to sit back and watch the younger folk make major mistakes. Yet most will just not receive what we tell them.

I can remember in my earlier days in Rangers. I would suggest this and suggest that...and the older guys would say...that doesn't work. I looked at them and did the same thing most other folks do... well their just out of touch and need to be moved on.....grin. I found out for myself they were right all along and I had to come back and say... well you were right. As the years went by I learned to ask them. What do you think of this idea? They got excited about ideas that hadn't been tried before and in some cases we had success with it.
Yet I learned when they said that don't work.... to take it on faith that it doesn't work and to continue doing the stuff that does work.

Some folks head the advice. My conscious is clear when I tell them...that doesn't work and here is why.

Yet I will still in a nice way try and tell them. Not embarrassing them unless their foolish enough to make a FOOLS statement in the group..then I will call them on it and for the record tell them it doesn't work. "Talk about making friends"....yet I can still look them in the eye and know I loved them enough to tell them the truth.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool January 13th 2018, 4:39 pm

A friend forwarded some info to me, so I dug in a little deeper. Always, always look at the fruit a ministry produces.

Bethel, the gold dust church, recently did a 180. There's an Australian ministry that uses what they call "destiny cards", in order to reach New Agers. They even sent a team to Bethel to teach their people how to do it. They got called out by others saying they were tarot cards (I've seen them...yeah, they're tarot cards). At first, Bethel's response was to condemn the use of the cards, saying there was no place in ministry for it.

Then the founders of the Aussie group reminded Bethel that they were the parents of a former Bethel pastor (who now does gold dust in Europe). Bethel then turned around and said that everything was "fake news", and now supports them. The Aussie group also maintains a website, and they proudly post videos of themselves in action. The videos include nudity.

This fruit is rotten.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next