RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» May 2024 Thread
by joecool Yesterday at 9:24 am

» What Your Outpost Did This Week.
by Claymore May 6th 2024, 1:00 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Jameskostich May 2nd 2024, 2:34 pm

» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool May 2nd 2024, 9:48 am

» Culture Rot
by joecool April 30th 2024, 7:22 pm

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool April 30th 2024, 3:15 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool April 19th 2024, 10:37 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17120 messages in 1006 subjects

Bad News from my Eagle Scout

5 posters

Go down

Bad News from my Eagle Scout Empty Bad News from my Eagle Scout

Post by Claymore July 2nd 2018, 5:25 pm

I am a former BSA Assistant Scoutmaster and former Police Explorer Advisor, so this is reported with sadness and respect, and taking no joy at the following news:

My Ace-Ranger (also an Eagle Scout) helps me with my Security Rounds at Church.  I hadn't seen him for a couple of weeks, and so I asked him where he had been.  He said, "to Scout Camp".

I asked how it went, and he said, "Terrible".

He said that, this year, a number of women came to camp and virtually took over.  They wouldn't let Scoutmasters and Assistant Scoutmaster enforce the rules, they claimed to be the Assistant Scoutmasters, and were interfering with the troop Chain of Command (especially when it came to enforcing the rules pertaining to THEIR kids). Apparently, many/all of these women came with boys who were brand-new to BSA, to their first contact with the Organization seemed to be to disrupt the Status-Quo.

One woman walked into the boys' cabin at midnight, unannounced, while the boys were in their underwear, and made remarks about the colors of the boys' underwear.  (By the way, her own son was NOT in this cabin, so she had no authorization to go in).  She was also reported to sit down next to an older (not related) boy in the dining facility and rub her leg against his - while there were plenty of open seats at the table.

On top of this, my Eagle Scout said that he was propositioned by two homosexual boys.  I don't know if this is enough to make him quit Scouting, but it has definitely dulled the shine.

It didn't take long for the Leftists to accomplish their goals.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Bad News from my Eagle Scout Empty Re: Bad News from my Eagle Scout

Post by joecool July 3rd 2018, 8:55 am

The Leftists know that their years-long siege has caused incredible damage to the citadel. But they have no patience to watch it slowly crumble into dust. They introduce diseased bodies, not yet dead, in order to infect the survivors and hasten the end of the city.

Do the morally straight have a chance of restoring their city to its former glory? Will pockets of resistance encourage other survivors? Or will they have to leave and join another city that still has walls and the ability to protect them?
Bad News from my Eagle Scout 3169784017
Alas, I fear it's the latter.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 July 5th 2018, 3:47 pm

Sad
How long before what is left of BSA crumbles into the dust. Sad to see them go down this road; but it is predictable. Once you cave in once to the leftists it is the beginning of the end.

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett July 6th 2018, 3:40 am

Seems like all the time reports of women acting like perverted men are coming out. Seems they’re literally taking the song to heart, “anything you can do I can do better”.

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool July 6th 2018, 9:57 am

RRCmdrBennett wrote: taking the song to heart, “anything you can do I can do better”.

"anything you can do I can do worse." There, fixed it.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Roguedawg July 6th 2018, 10:39 pm

Claymore,

Tell your Eagle Scout that he has to contact the scout executive concerning these incidents so an investigation is initiated.  The BSA is very concerned over things like this and do not take things lightly.  They have paid out too much in the past in lawsuits and due to all these changes they are on high alert.  If these women attended scout residence camp, they have to have taken Youth Protection Training "YPT".  Adults can not just walk into a tent with boys in it unless there is an incident or emergency.  For example a fist fight or even worse a sexual incident. All the scoutmasters I know would cringe if they had to go inside of a tent or cabin and would wait until there was a second adult present nearby.  

Any woman sitting close to a young male is considered "grooming" and should not be tolerated.  It is actually discussed during the YPT course.  IT IS SEXUAL HARASSMENT and most states have laws in place that adults have to report the incidents or they go to jail as well.  If this woman walked in an a group of boys, then the boys need to tell their parents and get them involved.  The BSA has lead the country on safely working with boys and soon girls in scouting (GIS). My son was prepositioned on a camp out and I immediately threw the kid out of the troop. The parents protested and there was an emergency meeting with the troop leaders, parents, and the church leadership. This kid should have been thrown out the troop many times in the past for his behavior. I was threatened with a lawsuit and I told the parents to go for it. I told them I would call the police, press charges, and have the kid arrested. I showed them the police phone number on my phone and asked them if they wanted me to call them. They left the church building and the troop. They went to another troop and they too found out that the kid/family was a problem. They threw them out after a month or two. The kid went to another troop and had three Eagle Board of reviews and was deemed that his record of conduct was not worthy of the Eagle Rank. Three times shot down! Even the kids grandfather wrote a letter of recommendation that he was not Eagle material and should not be considered for the rank. I am surprised that the kid has not raped or assalted someone. Time will tell.

Pennsylvania has the toughest laws in the country regarding required state and federal background checks.  ALL groups dealing with youth have to have three background checks including fingerprinting.  Sanduski Laws is what they are called.  Even the churches are required to have the background checks.

When I was involved in another troop as the committee chairman, we had two women that wanted to attend every scouting event.  They wanted to attend a winter camp out.  The troop went to camp a week early so they could set up a new to them "A" Frame tent and 2 military octagon tents in the day light.  The scouts would sleep in the "A" frame tent since there were about 15 attending.  One octagon tent was for the male leaders and the other was for the female leaders.  At our monthly  committee meeting one of the women suggested that all of the adults sleep in the same tent since it would make it "nice and cozy".  I immediately cut her off and told her that in no way or fashion would there ever be males and females in the same tent at the same time on any scout activity.  If was against BSA policy and the only exception would be if the leaders were MARRIED.

The woman brought it up again and she was immediately cut off mid sentence that all of the men were married and they were not our wives.  Later on the pastor came in the meeting and I brought up the conversation we just had.  He said that if there was any cohabitation in any tent, vehicle, or otherwise while on a troop activity or outside of the troop activities that the people involved would be immediately thrown out of the troop and that the troop charter may be revoked.  ZERO TOLERENCE!!! and this was a liberal church.

The Eagle Scout needs to come clean on this and report it to the scout troop committee, the district scout executive and local police, sherriff or state police.  Don't let someone bury the situation and have someone outside of scouting get involved.  Even if it is a false alarm, it is better to proven false than to snowball later on.  The local BSA council may not like it, but their butts will be covered as well if nothing happened.  In the long run, it will protect them.  People need to be called out for their actions.

Roguedawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore July 7th 2018, 1:22 pm

I spoke with his mom, at length, and since my Eagle Scout is under 18, I told her that it was in her hands.

As a former Law Enforcement Officer, I recommended that she document everything, and send it to State HQ. As they would not be directly "at fault" in the incidents, they could conduct a proper investigation, and would also have the obligation to pass the information up to National.

She is a "verbal" person, and wanted to just make a phone call.

I believe that your advice is sound. I will see her at Church, tomorrow, and shall pass your advice on to her.

Again, thanks.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett July 7th 2018, 6:45 pm

Roguedawg wrote:Claymore,

Tell your Eagle Scout that he has to contact the scout executive concerning these incidents so an investigation is initiated.  The BSA is very concerned over things like this and do not take things lightly.  They have paid out too much in the past in lawsuits and due to all these changes they are on high alert.  If these women attended scout residence camp, they have to have taken Youth Protection Training "YPT".  Adults can not just walk into a tent with boys in it unless there is an incident or emergency.  For example a fist fight or even worse a sexual incident. All the scoutmasters I know would cringe if they had to go inside of a tent or cabin and would wait until there was a second adult present nearby.  

Any woman sitting close to a young male is considered "grooming" and should not be tolerated.  It is actually discussed during the YPT course.  IT IS SEXUAL HARASSMENT and most states have laws in place that adults have to report the incidents or they go to jail as well.  If this woman walked in an a group of boys, then the boys need to tell their parents and get them involved.  The BSA has lead the country on safely working with boys and soon girls in scouting (GIS).   My son was prepositioned on a camp out and I immediately threw the kid out of the troop.  The parents protested and there was an emergency meeting with the troop leaders, parents, and the church leadership.  This kid should have been thrown out the troop many times in the past for his behavior.  I was threatened with a lawsuit and I told the parents to go for it.  I told them I would call the police, press charges, and have the kid arrested.  I showed them the police phone number on my phone and asked them if they wanted me to call them.  They left the church building and the troop.  They went to another troop and they too found out that the kid/family was a problem.  They threw them out after a month or two.  The kid went to another troop and had three Eagle Board of reviews and was deemed that his record of conduct was not worthy of the Eagle Rank.  Three times shot down!  Even the kids grandfather wrote a letter of recommendation that he was not Eagle material and should not be considered for the rank.  I am surprised that the kid has not raped or assalted someone.  Time will tell.

Pennsylvania has the toughest laws in the country regarding required state and federal background checks.  ALL groups dealing with youth have to have three background checks including fingerprinting.  Sanduski Laws is what they are called.  Even the churches are required to have the background checks.

When I was involved in another troop as the committee chairman, we had two women that wanted to attend every scouting event.  They wanted to attend a winter camp out.  The troop went to camp a week early so they could set up a new to them "A" Frame tent and 2 military octagon tents in the day light.  The scouts would sleep in the "A" frame tent since there were about 15 attending.  One octagon tent was for the male leaders and the other was for the female leaders.  At our monthly  committee meeting one of the women suggested that all of the adults sleep in the same tent since it would make it "nice and cozy".  I immediately cut her off and told her that in no way or fashion would there ever be males and females in the same tent at the same time on any scout activity.  If was against BSA policy and the only exception would be if the leaders were MARRIED.

The woman brought it up again and she was immediately cut off mid sentence that all of the men were married and they were not our wives.  Later on the pastor came in the meeting and I brought up the conversation we just had.  He said that if there was any cohabitation in any tent, vehicle, or otherwise while on a troop activity or outside of the troop activities that the people involved would be immediately thrown out of the troop and that the troop charter may be revoked.  ZERO TOLERENCE!!! and this was a liberal church.

The Eagle Scout needs to come clean on this and report it to the scout troop committee, the district scout executive and local police, sherriff or state police.  Don't let someone bury the situation and have someone outside of scouting get involved.  Even if it is a false alarm, it is better to proven false than to snowball later on.  The local BSA council may not like it, but their butts will be covered as well if nothing happened.  In the long run, it will protect them.  People need to be called out for their actions.

Cozy... smh. You’ll have #MeToo going on in the BSA.

LORD Please come soon.

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore July 8th 2018, 4:04 pm

Roguedawg,

I conveyed your advice to the Scout's Mom. She was highly appreciative, and feels somewhat reassured in hearing that BSA is interested in Correcting problems, and not just Hiding them.

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down