RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Culture Rot
by joecool Today at 3:08 pm

» May 2024 Thread
by joecool May 13th 2024, 8:45 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool May 11th 2024, 11:12 am

» What Your Outpost Did This Week.
by Claymore May 6th 2024, 1:00 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Jameskostich May 2nd 2024, 2:34 pm

» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool May 2nd 2024, 9:48 am

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool April 30th 2024, 3:15 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17127 messages in 1006 subjects

Survival Retreat

2 posters

Go down

Survival Retreat Empty Survival Retreat

Post by joecool April 11th 2018, 11:00 pm

The forecast for tomorrow is stormy, alternating between rain and snow. Just in time for the first day of our overnight "survival" retreat. 55 high school boys and girls, along with 9 staff members, will travel an hour north and into the hills. Fortunately, this Christian retreat center is somewhat civilized, so we'll all have roofs over our heads.

The theme is survival, and we have training and competition in the areas of map-reading, building shelters and fires, and time on a shooting range. A soon-to-be married couple, both former graduates of our school, will also talk to the kids about surviving college and the world.

Really looking forward to it.
fire
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Survival Retreat Empty Re: Survival Retreat

Post by Mark Jones April 12th 2018, 12:41 pm

Sounds like a cool camp. One really never knows what the name means unless you look at the class outline.

Case in point last week they had a Church Safety advertised on our Ranger Facebook page. It was a great Church Safety Conference but it was not the Official "Ranger Safety" program that is a requirement for RMA and it has had so many names now I can't remember it...GRIN! ahhh. I got it right.

So much good stuff out there. I have gleaned so much cool stuff from YouTube that our SAC camp will be teaching not only the Ranger Merits it will also have some urban fire starting methods as well.

I hope you guys take some pictures and promote it. These kind of camps need to be well attended. You guys don't have the benefit of our warmer temps so I can see where a roof and heat is real Surviving up North.

We had snow on the ground last week and ice on our windshields this week. Hopefully it will warm up a bit by next Friday.
Good stuff keep it up. What's it cost?

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool April 13th 2018, 6:05 pm

Mark Jones wrote:...some urban fire starting methods as well.

I am NOT touching that one.

The kids raised a bunch of money giftwrapping at a sports store over the holidays, so we only charged them 5$ apiece. It started snowing as soon as we got off pavement, and by nightfall we had 6 inches. We did all the first day activities as planned, let them stay up super late and let them sleep in. Did some inside stuff today, had a snowball fight, packed up, cleaned up, and got off the mountain.

God was there.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down