RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» May 2024 Thread
by joecool May 8th 2024, 9:24 am

» What Your Outpost Did This Week.
by Claymore May 6th 2024, 1:00 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Jameskostich May 2nd 2024, 2:34 pm

» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool May 2nd 2024, 9:48 am

» Culture Rot
by joecool April 30th 2024, 7:22 pm

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool April 30th 2024, 3:15 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool April 19th 2024, 10:37 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17120 messages in 1006 subjects

SAC Survival Action Camp 44 scheduled to go! Whooo Whoo!

2 posters

Go down

SAC  Survival Action Camp 44 scheduled to go!  Whooo Whoo! Empty SAC Survival Action Camp 44 scheduled to go! Whooo Whoo!

Post by Mark Jones April 11th 2018, 6:27 am

Well were 10 days out and we have 44 on the sign up list for SAC Survival Action Camp.  

A few cool things.  Words out that this is a fun camp.  Several that have attended this camp in the past are bringing others with them to do it again now because it's now a District ACTION Camp good towards the Sabre.  YES.  

Also added a Supplies by serving calculator to the Ranger Database that figures the supplies needed by simply changing the number of people attending on the fly...pretty cool it rounds up the supplies needed so there will never be one of those things...opps we didn't buy enough and you don't get yours...(very bad to do to folks).  

Also added a Schedule creator that organizes Action Camps into what David Morrison our National Training Coordinator sent out this year for Action Camps.  It's pretty cool and made organizing the action camp segments into slots of times with room for info for each slot and materials and what is taught.  It helped me to think things through in this camp.  (This is all free in the Ranger Database work with MAC and Windows 8.1 and newer.  http://readyrangers.tzo.com)

I have a good number of Men and boys attending.  We will all camp out 1/2 mile into the woods away from everything except woods, dirt and a couple of ponds.  No sleeping bags, pillows, tents, tarps or the like.  Just some survival items; 2  mylar type survival blankets, floral wire, 3 layers of clothing, stocking camp, bandanda, leather gloves, metal match, 2 gallon zip locks, Searated Sheath knife, Silva Compass, Whistle, 50 lb test fishing line, fish hooks a lure, waterpurifying tablets, small first aid stuff in a little ziplock, small snake bite kit, bar of soap, 4 sheets of 12"x12' aluminum foil, 4x4 plastic sheet, 2 large heavy duty trash bags, LED head light for 911 only, Cotton or Jute string, multi tool, toilet paper roll in ziplock bag. Each person will also bring a pack of beef jerky and a pack of dried fruit to eat as they build shelters on Saturday.  All this in a foraging bag or a haversack that goes on the hip belt.  

2.5 days of Survival.  I did send out videos on what to prepare for.  Friends of Rangers is picking up 2/3 of the cost of this event so a 60.00 camp is only costing 20.00 per person that includes men and boys.

Here is the link to the application and forms you will need that are described in the video.  You can just paste these links in your browser.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f0nsaINzUZnOMz4OyVBjxEyjvcuztTIq/view

Video going over the gear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nftX1RnNlWQ

Water that is strained and purfied will be swapped out with well drinking water.  As folks learn compenticies they discover food along the way.  Survival camping in the woods is not a lot of fun unless your cooking in a tin can around a campfire....Starving is reality...but it doesn't draw much participation.  Add some good raw foods to be cooked and it turns out to be a lot of fun! My 5th time of doing this has taught me the difference between success and failure.  

Had a new thought on Patrol organization.  I priced and in the past paid for a piece of material 18"x21" that cost 1.00 and went into the rag bin that we used to identify patrols.  It was always a issue as some didn't like wearing them on their bodies.  Made laminiated name tags front and back like what they use at LEAD.  Simple design with 6 badges per 8.5" x 11" of lamination film.  (This template is also in the Ranger Database under Junior Camps. ) The lanyards are made of color coded Arcylic that they knit with the big 1/4" kind very soft and hardy. I will ask the Action Camp folks to keep this name badge on the outside fo their clothing so we can identify what patrol they are in as well as knowing their names.  

I just love this stuff.  

Mark Jones
p.s. Please forgive my nerd survival qaussie tendencies.
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

SAC  Survival Action Camp 44 scheduled to go!  Whooo Whoo! Empty Re: SAC Survival Action Camp 44 scheduled to go! Whooo Whoo!

Post by ccm2361 April 18th 2018, 3:41 pm

Good on ya Mark Thumbs up

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

SAC  Survival Action Camp 44 scheduled to go!  Whooo Whoo! Empty Re: SAC Survival Action Camp 44 scheduled to go! Whooo Whoo!

Post by Mark Jones April 18th 2018, 5:07 pm

That supplies calculator in the Ranger Database has come in handy. Were up to 48 now. Figuring the supplies is one click.

Survival Camp is only 2 days way. It's been a long 2 months getting this thing together.

I have been praying for God to hold off the rain.

It's fun to go over the schedule and be able to look at each part of the 3 merits we are teaching and work that into this camp. Adding some cool stuff to make it cool.

With the larger group almost twice the size of our last camp in 2016 it's going to be a challenge to keep it all rolling in the right direction. God will see to it that it works. I just have to do my part and of course PRAYING! We have 10 churches attending so it's a fret wondering if they all got the memo! GRIN!

We will have two Saber's there on opening council fire service. Using 2 Survival torches. It's a 3/4" version of our jute fire starters.

Good stuff. Phew! My last few items of prep are done. It's loaded and ready to roll. Ever prepared for 50 bow drill fire kits... GRIN! Were going to smoke up the place.

It's funny how I collect and process this stuff as I come across it. Then store it for a time like this. I pulled my cedar bark bag out of the attic.. a LAWN size bag full of Cedar bark. 40 tins with lids for char. 100 plus 1 gallon cans. 10 rolls of jute. 10 lbs of wax. Most of this tuff is free I just ask around and poof it appears.

Rambling. Gotta go.

Mark Jones

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones April 25th 2018, 6:41 am

47 Attended the SAC Survival Action Camp.
Report and pictures. We had a great time over 2.5 days. Had some rain on sunday for about 8 hours of our Action Camp that tested our fortitude. We not only Survived we Thrived!

http://readyrangers.tzo.com/2018SAC/2018SAC.htm
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down