RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Culture Rot
by joecool Yesterday at 8:26 pm

» May 2024 Thread
by joecool May 17th 2024, 10:35 am

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool May 11th 2024, 11:12 am

» What Your Outpost Did This Week.
by Claymore May 6th 2024, 1:00 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Jameskostich May 2nd 2024, 2:34 pm

» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool May 2nd 2024, 9:48 am

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool April 30th 2024, 3:15 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17129 messages in 1006 subjects

Richland Creek destinatin Richland Falls up creek

2 posters

Go down

Richland Creek destinatin Richland Falls up creek Empty Richland Creek destinatin Richland Falls up creek

Post by Mark Jones November 18th 2017, 8:07 am

One of our most difficult and favorite trips. Heading out this morning at 7:30 am. Leaving Springfield with 3 of us. Then a meetup in Branson change vehicles and a road trip to Witts Springs, Arkansas. Then 7 miles of gravel road traveling along the Ozark, Highlands Trail down to Richland Creek.

Trip numbers fluctuated for the past 2 weeks. What was 12 went to 4 of us. Sometimes it goes like this. Several reasons.

1. Weather Changes. cold dark damp.
2. Holiday before weekend lots of things going on.
3. Trip difficulty with river crossings.
4. I spent the day yesterday took off work we were supposed to leave Friday night and do a 2 nighter but that changed due to a church service so I laid around and didn't get much accomplished took 2 naps watch In Time and After Earth, I felt like such a bum. (self nature keeps a lot us from going out. It's a whole lot more plush at home. TV, couch but the heart disease is a killer)

This trail follows the Richland Creek. The creek when it rains hard is often kayaked by crazy folk. I have 5 kayaks and if I went would be caught dead on this river after a rain. YouTube Richland Creek. Those guys are nuts. Anyway we will base camp near the convergence of Twin Falls and Richland Creek. About 2 miles in. Then day hike up Richland Creek to explore and see whats around.

Fun times. Gotta go. It's time to get the food bag out of the fridge and tighten the backpack.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Richland Creek destinatin Richland Falls up creek Empty Re: Richland Creek destinatin Richland Falls up creek

Post by Mark Jones November 21st 2017, 8:51 am

Getting too much email from Mark Jones ? You can unsubscribe

We had a lot of activities this past weekend and our backpacking group was only 4 but did we had a lot of fun and adventure. Report and pictures at his link.

http://readyrangers.tzo.com/2017Richlandcreek/2017RichlandCreek.htm
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Richland Creek destinatin Richland Falls up creek Empty Re: Richland Creek destinatin Richland Falls up creek

Post by Phillip Gross November 22nd 2017, 5:53 am

Looks like a nice place. Had one of our guys neglect to bring an under pad for his hammock when we went camping the other week too. He was cold as well...

I've still never tried one of those. I might love it, but I just like a tent.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones November 22nd 2017, 7:16 am

My son loves hammocks. I find them fickle enough to take a tent. He get's his dialed in perfectly so no cold spots. I rarely had a good nights sleep in them. One time I can remember he dialed my hammock in and I was warm all night.

Tent camping. I am good all the time.
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down