RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Culture Rot
by joecool Today at 3:08 pm

» May 2024 Thread
by joecool May 13th 2024, 8:45 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool May 11th 2024, 11:12 am

» What Your Outpost Did This Week.
by Claymore May 6th 2024, 1:00 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Jameskostich May 2nd 2024, 2:34 pm

» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool May 2nd 2024, 9:48 am

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool April 30th 2024, 3:15 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17127 messages in 1006 subjects

September Thread

+3
Canadarangers
RRCmdrBennett
joecool
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

September Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: September Thread

Post by Mark Jones September 14th 2016, 7:20 am

They taught it using the patrol method. Yet not so much as a statement of faith. It was more of Live the Adventure.  Boy Lead Adult facilitated.  It was positive.  I liked it.

I did notice "everyone is a leader"  is not being taught.  That is good common sense will tell you that.
Mark Jones

RRCmdrBennett wrote:
Mark Jones wrote:Dan that sounds about like my weekend.  It blew in Saturday early morning about 2:30 am hit with a mighty blowing wind Poured rain blew over our dinning shelter,  road was blocked by huge tree down.  Sleeping bags were soaked.   We were with out power from Friday at 8:30 to Sunday noon when we left for home after NRMC.  GRIN!  

They had power everywhere else but none down at our Patrol Camp.  Not one ioda of 120 volts AC.  WE Survived!  It was nice to have breakfast at the lodge that morning.  

NRMC was one of the best camps I have ever attended. It was truly a very good camp.  One of the best positive experiences I have ever been on with National Rangers.  Karl our National Commander and staff were all just nailing it.  I know Jesus was pleased with this event.  

In all the teaching only one small part of it with the Jim Allen public confession was not in my agreement of what the Bible says.  Yet they mean well and want to help.  Holy Spirit can help us so much better than telling any man.  The Pastor that lead me to the Lord told me a long time ago.  "Don't tell me your sins, I will remember you for them.  Tell them to God. He is the only one that can fix them anyway."  The camp was awesome.  The men were MEN!  

Dan o I am sorry for the storm damage.  Hope that yard cleanup and siding fixing goes fast.  

Its the storms in our life that make "Living the Adventure" not boring.  Karl inspired me with "Live the Adventure"  I felt God's blessing in this.  Take your boys and girls outside the walls of the church and LIVE the Adventure!  It's exciting.  11 continuous weeks of Rangers..almost half way through them.  Trainings, Meetings,  FCF, Outpost events.  District Events.  It's a wild ride.

I got home sunday evening from our first Ranger Meeting for 6 weeks due to summer break.  Installed the Patrol System in our ER and AR groups.  Brought Hot MCDONALD COOKIES HOME TO MY WIFE as a surprise offer.  Did I win big time or what!  NRMC was a WIN WIN!

Mark Jones

RRCmdrBennett wrote:This weekend was doozy. Lil Oberlin got hit but tornadoes taking trees down all over town including my back yard and side of our house. Split very large trees in half power was out for almost 10 hours.
Did they say much about servant/leadership?
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross September 18th 2016, 10:21 pm

Looking like we're going to shelf the Ranger Kids program for now. I thought we had a a couple more RK's when we started out, but they turned out to be young DR's (and not very advanced), so we find ourselves with only one RK. We're going to split the outpost down the middle and group RK and DR together and do DR curriculum and then group AR and ER together and do a mix of AR and ER merits in that group. I think that'll work out better. It's hard for our RK commanders to show up with lesson plans ready and only have one boy.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool September 18th 2016, 11:31 pm

Phillip Gross wrote: It's hard for our RK commanders to show up with lesson plans ready and only have one boy.

I can remember an LTC class where we were told to have an "A" plan and a "B" plan every week. If you didn't have a good turnout, just use your easier "B" plan. I told the instructor I didn't agree with him, listing my reasons. He moved on.

You're right to do what you're doing, Phillip. Keep it high quality and adjust the grouping as needed. Did that for decades.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool September 18th 2016, 11:37 pm

I wrote a letter to the editor today, and just in case they print it, I sat down with my wife and told her a Navy story she hadn't heard from me before. I learned my lesson the hard way some years ago. Always let her know before I tell someone else. Slap
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore September 19th 2016, 11:51 am

joecool wrote:I wrote a letter to the editor today, and just in case they print it, I sat down with my wife and told her a Navy story she hadn't heard from me before. I learned my lesson the hard way some years ago. Always let her know before I tell someone else. Slap

I just told my wife that there were two reasons:

#1.  She doesn't have a Security Clearance for that Information.

#2. She doesn't have a "need to know....".

(I've always told my friends, "Aw.  She's not much scarier than a parachute malfunction or being shot at............".)

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool September 22nd 2016, 3:01 pm

By now, you've probably picked up a few details about the Muslim that set off the bombs in New York and New Jersey. Such as, the bomber's father reported to the FBI two years ago that he suspected his son of being a terrorist. Agents told him there wasn't enough there to pursue.

I've wondered why the Islamic community in America hasn't ratted out the terrorists in their midst. Now I'm wondering if they actually have been doing that. And the authorities have been hamstrung by a lot of DOJ rules that kept them from doing their job.

It reminds me of the "no shared intelligence" wall that was put up between the FBI and the CIA. It also resembles the severely limited rules of engagement that our armed forces are forced to follow. Why do the Democrats keep doing this to us? Protecting America is Job-1. Democrats really don't want it, but they love cashing the paychecks. Time for someone to say "You're fired!"
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett September 22nd 2016, 6:21 pm

joecool wrote:By now, you've probably picked up a few details about the Muslim that set off the bombs in New York and New Jersey. Such as, the bomber's father reported to the FBI two years ago that he suspected his son of being a terrorist. Agents told him  there wasn't enough there to pursue.

I've wondered why the Islamic community in America hasn't ratted out the terrorists in their midst. Now I'm wondering if they actually have been doing that. And the authorities have been hamstrung by a lot of DOJ rules that kept them from doing their job.

It reminds me of the "no shared intelligence" wall that was put up between the FBI and the CIA. It also resembles the severely limited rules of engagement that our armed forces are forced to follow. Why do the Democrats keep doing this to us? Protecting America is Job-1. Democrats really don't want it, but they love cashing the paychecks. Time for someone to say "You're fired!"

I've told people once he takes office those should his first words.

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool September 25th 2016, 5:20 pm

"Let's not jump to hasty conclusions concerning the Washington mall mass murderer. He looks Hispan...and it was a Muslim immigrant."
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2