RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Book of the Month Club
by joecool Today at 11:12 am

» Culture Rot
by joecool Today at 10:25 am

» May 2024 Thread
by joecool Today at 10:00 am

» What Your Outpost Did This Week.
by Claymore May 6th 2024, 1:00 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Jameskostich May 2nd 2024, 2:34 pm

» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool May 2nd 2024, 9:48 am

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool April 30th 2024, 3:15 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17124 messages in 1006 subjects

royal Ranger database Tracking Program FREE!

+3
strods
RRCmdrBennett
Mark Jones
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

royal Ranger database Tracking Program FREE! Empty royal Ranger database Tracking Program FREE!

Post by Mark Jones June 26th 2013, 7:30 am

Looking for a better way to track your Ranger Outpost?

Link to the Ranger Database.
http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Every now and then I publish a updated version of the Ranger Database.  It tracks all kinds of things Rangers related.  This program tracks all you need for a Ranger Outpost from contacts, to rosters, to advancements, to certificates to power points and rosters of all kinds for the RR outpost.  

Why do I do this?  I found out a long time ago if I am needing something there is most likely others that need the same thing.  I found a very inexpensive way of sharing what works for me to as many as want to have a go.  I am not a programmer but the program I use to make this Ranger Database makes me look like one.  Some of the parts of this program were donated by programers for not for profit use.  So much to talk about here is a few items of interest.

With out a plan we fail.  This calendar that allows you to put ALL your calendars in there so you can have your personal family calendar and your RR calendars and vacation calendars and have the ability with a click of a button to show or hide them all or some or just show one it also creates calendar lists as well as a month view

Events.  There is over 20 layouts that cover all you would need for one event.  Check off lists, Maps, Permission slips, Menus, Schedules, Vehicle requests, Check Requests, Purchase lists, delegation lists plus a bunch of other stuff you might need for a event.  (I include one event in this file but I  have 240 events if your needing ideas for your events holler I can send you a import file that makes this easy to look at) 

Labels.   Ranger Derby labels are a synch.  Bin labels for  RR supplies, name tags all kids of labels RR related.

GPH Gospel Publishing House data on over 450 merits and badges and recognitions.  You can create a GPH look alike order form using this program.  While you enter data to record the boys advancements it orders, prints a certificate (several choices on certifcates) also creates power points and a permanent advancement record for your Rangers by person, group, or whole outpost. It's not locked in either..you have something you want to award just add it.  (order gph items through Jerry Millhouser it puts money back into our District and doesn't cost a penny more in many cases he can get it to you for less money)

Change the name to your church, outpost, District, logos and it changes it on all 400 plus forms in the database where ever it appears.   Data can be imported or exported to many other programs. 

What's it cost? 
Just like salvation it's free.  It works on any windows 8.1 to 10 versions of Windows.  MAC version is available as well. I just need to get a hour or so with a MAC laptop and get a version for MAC compiled.   All you have to do is download it and give it a go.  If you have questions there is over 20 video files you can download and watch on how to use this program. 

You may have to copy this link and paste it in your browser.
http://readyrangers.tzo.com/video.html

NO Promises.  Just good intentions.    Always backup your data before installing a update. You never know.  Backing up data is a good idea.
Here is the link.  Your antivirus software will warn you not to install this file. It's safe.    If you have questions call.  1-417-343-0463 or email markjonesranger@hotmail.com

Last edited by Mark Jones on April 28th 2018, 9:42 pm; edited 5 times in total
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

royal Ranger database Tracking Program FREE! Empty Re: royal Ranger database Tracking Program FREE!

Post by RRCmdrBennett June 26th 2013, 1:48 pm

Can it be tailored for other advancement systems like Chris and Philip's outposts?

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

royal Ranger database Tracking Program FREE! Empty Re: royal Ranger database Tracking Program FREE!

Post by Mark Jones June 26th 2013, 5:56 pm

Yes. It is not a fixed system data base that means it's not locked in to a fixed set of records. You can easily add a new merit or award in there and it will take that clipart and put it on the certificate as well.

I recognize all kinds of event attendance as well with certificates.

For example a Relational Table database like Navigator is all built on tables and relationships. While this is WONDERFUL it has it's draw backs.

It's broke as soon as their is a change as the tables don't reflect the changes until it's been recompiled and distributed.

Ranger Database uses a flat database structure with some lookups (most are changeable).

It basicly creates lists of records or merits. Then if you want to want to add in Advancement level patches you just add them in like a regular merit. It treats them no different. I never used them as I felt it was double dipping... but we still give out tons of patches and if a commander wants them I add them in. They just have to tell me the advancements and merits they want. It's not automatic.

Yet not being automatic means it's not broke all the time. One just runs reports and finds and searches for the data they want to see.

Most of the reports are easily button driven but not limited to that.

For example if you wanted to find all the Boys in a age group that earned merits between certain dates...you just enter find mode and then enter that find data in the same fields that data is in.

I used to want a Navigator type of program..but everytime I had it fixed they changed the RR program and it was all wrong again. I just gave up and left it flat data. That means I am not limited by change. If they change it I can change it.

The runtimes forms are not editable. Yet the data that fills them is. That means if I needed a report in the past 23 years for Royal Rangers..it's most likely already there..one just needs to find that report and fill it with the records they want using a find.

It's easy once it dawns on one.

Mark Jones
There is quite a few free videos that show how to use it in different ways. See the Readyrangers.tzo.com website for that info.
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by strods August 18th 2013, 4:00 pm

any tips for ease of converting from Navigator?

#35 - Dsm IA
strods
strods

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones August 18th 2013, 10:42 pm

royal Ranger database Tracking Program FREE! 2410941 If Navigator could export records it would be a piece of cake to import into the Ranger Database.
Last time I looked sadly it wouldn't import.

Ranger Database will import/export from most any format.

If you could get the data out of Navigator it can be easily imported. I never messed much with it because it was so limited by imports and exports.

Mark Jones

strods wrote:any tips for ease of converting from Navigator?
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by strods August 18th 2013, 10:45 pm

hmm... difficulty with the link. has there been an update?

#35 - Dsm IA
strods
strods

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett August 19th 2013, 12:13 am

Navigator does have a .nex file that is exported and imported to another outpost's navigator. I don't suppose it would import into a different database?

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones August 19th 2013, 7:34 am

Not that know of. It's all locked down. If someone could get data out of that program they would be a miricle worker.

When National had RRDM and everyone hated it because it was so locked down it was virtually worthless. It did calculate merits like Navigator does. It was written in the same program that the Ranger Database is compiled in. Yet I couldn't get any data out of it because it was locked down by the author who remains unkown.

When I look at a program to use. One of the major decisions is can I get data in and out of it for use in other programs. If not. There are others that do allow data in and out.

I have not seen any one program that does it all the best in every circumstance. So if you have the data in one and you can pour it into another program. It just makes all one's hard work more productive.

I wished Ray would make the data available.

Mark Jones

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones August 19th 2013, 7:44 am

It should be good now. I am still using Front Page to publish the site and for some unknown reason it deletes the self install files on the server. Just put up a fresh copy.

strods wrote:hmm... difficulty with the link.  has there been an update?
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by wrightpc August 19th 2013, 11:34 am

RRCmdrBennett wrote:Navigator does have a .nex file that is exported and imported to another outpost's navigator. I don't suppose it would import into a different database?
I did a little digging in the .nex file. It appears they use a library called Absolute Database.
According to the features page it should be able to export to a SQL script. You might have to mangle field names and table data but it does appear that it is possible to import to FileMaker

wrightpc
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett August 19th 2013, 11:47 am

I think Mark maybe hearing a heavenly chorus singing that bit of news.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett August 19th 2013, 11:55 am

Btw, welcome aboard!

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by wrightpc August 19th 2013, 12:59 pm

wrightpc wrote:
RRCmdrBennett wrote:Navigator does have a .nex file that is exported and imported to another outpost's navigator. I don't suppose it would import into a different database?
I did a little digging in the .nex file. It appears they use a library called Absolute Database.
According to the features page it should be able to export to a SQL script. You might have to mangle field names and table data but it does appear that it is possible to import to FileMaker
Navigator uses several tables to track members, attendance, merits, and leadership positions.
Ranger Database uses one table to track similar information.

Example: In Navigator a Merit is stored in the mbrMerits table and references a member id in the mbr table. Each row is one merit for one member. Each lesson is a separate field and has a sign off data and ID of the leader that signed off.
In Ranger Database only the sign off date is stored in the same table as the Member list.

Personally I like the database structure in Navigator.

Just found the GMod.ndb file contains all kinds of editable goodies like award names, GPH numbers, etc.

At first it looked like Navigator was a black box but now I see how it all fits together. I have control.

tl;dr
Download Absolute Database free from ComponentAce, open the ndb files in c:\navigator, hack away.

Last edited by wrightpc on August 19th 2013, 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

wrightpc
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett August 19th 2013, 1:40 pm

Sounds like Mark has some work to do!

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones August 19th 2013, 2:02 pm

Someone send me a export file and I will see if it will import it. Just make a dummy record and export it.
I think the export feature for Navigator is only one boys record at a time isn't it?

Mark Jones

wrightpc wrote:
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett August 19th 2013, 2:07 pm

I believe so.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by wrightpc August 19th 2013, 3:21 pm

Mark Jones wrote:
Someone send me a export file and I will see if it will import it.  Just make a dummy record and export it.
I think the export feature for Navigator is only one boys record at a time isn't it?

Mark Jones
The export can include multiple member records.
export3.nex
export3.sql

I included a few other tables in the sql file as the merits table refers to a merit index in another table.

wrightpc
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones August 19th 2013, 4:59 pm

Can you send me a file to markjonesranger@hotmail.com

I will see if I can open it up with Filemaker.

I haven't downloaded Navigator in the past couple of years. Yet the export feature has been on the want list for years and years.

So send me a file and we will see.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones August 19th 2013, 5:08 pm

Grin.  It will have to be someone else with a need.  I don't have a need to uncompile Navigators file structure.  

One correction needs to be made.  Some folks confuse RRDM as the Ranger Database.  It's not the same program.  Ranger Database has in it's advancements database about 10 fields that are related to the one Rangers merit record.  

Mark Jones
This link shows the Advancments records that I use to track Rangers Records.
https://rangerchat.forumotion.com/t82-council-of-achievement-coa-preparations
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett August 19th 2013, 10:28 pm

You've got to come up with a nifty marketing scheme like Ranger Database 2.0 makes it sound new and improved haha... (Tongue in cheek).

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones August 20th 2013, 7:24 am

Yes. The Christian Worlds foundation is on fades and facades. I like my God that is the same every day. I can count on HIM!

Ok, How about something like this...this would be in keeping with the lastest 2.0 theroy.

"The latest Paradyne Shift in Ranger Record Keeping Systems. It's so easy you don't have to do anything it runs off your inner power"

Grin.
Sorry folks. Name isn't changing.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett August 20th 2013, 5:01 pm

It won't change till GPH sends ya a cease & desist letter LOL 

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones November 14th 2013, 10:34 pm

Just pressed the print button and out poped 119 certificates for our boys. Then partially automated created a slide show for each age group RK0, RK1, RK2, DR3, DR4, DR5, ARER of those 119 merits, advancements, certifcations etc.

All done. Even put together a slide show for the COA of 50 pictures for before and after and a Ranger Derby Promo.

Ranger Database makes it easy to track mertis. I track for our whole outpost and have for 7 years...sometimes our COA have 400 merits being given out. Ranger Database makes quick work of it. Just like salvation it's free. Plenty of help videos on line to show you how.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones November 14th 2013, 10:59 pm

This is created on the fly by the Ranger Database. It's almost automatic but do have to click on a name for it to process.
http://readyrangers.tzo.com/powerpointmark.pdf

Here is a certificate. One of 219 I just printed each different with different information all done by the Ranger Database.
http://readyrangers.tzo.com/powerpointmarkcertificate.pdf

You will need a stack paper cutter to handle the cardstock this prints out on. I cut all 219 in one cut.

Works sweet folks. Put the data in. It records, It prints a order, It prints a certificate, It makes a power point. Data entry is easy. Click on a button most of the time very little typing.

Holler if I can help.

I never did get a file to import from Navigator. Don't really expect one to come out...relational tables are great just not very flexible. Flat file database allow total freedom of data import and export. With a few lookups it works best for me.

I keep the advancements for over 153 active people in our outpost. In our District I keep records for over 2439 people.
I have over 5353 advancement records and can pull data from 10 years ago.

Slicker than slick.

Mark Jones

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett November 15th 2013, 12:31 am

You make such a good sales pitch you sure you can't convince all of us uncharters to charter haha.

I read an email from Sandra saying chartering was the most cost effective thing we can do... what 

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next