RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» May 2024 Thread
by joecool Yesterday at 10:21 pm

» What Your Outpost Did This Week.
by Claymore May 6th 2024, 1:00 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Jameskostich May 2nd 2024, 2:34 pm

» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool May 2nd 2024, 9:48 am

» Culture Rot
by joecool April 30th 2024, 7:22 pm

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool April 30th 2024, 3:15 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool April 19th 2024, 10:37 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17121 messages in 1006 subjects

Culture Rot

+6
RRCmdrBennett
joecool
Canadarangers
Phillip Gross
strods
Mark Jones
10 posters

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next

Go down

Culture Rot - Page 17 Empty Re: Culture Rot

Post by Claymore December 12th 2017, 8:38 pm

Yeah,

One of those female things that overrides logic.

Come to think of it, MY wife went Nuts during delivery.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross December 12th 2017, 10:54 pm

Yeah, but if we had to push a golf ball out the front, we'd probably go bonkers too... (It's about the same ratio. Or even just a marble...)
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore December 13th 2017, 10:43 am

I heard a comedian on TV make a statement that kind-of stuck with me.

He said,

"I tried having my girl-friend stay with me for a while, but it just didn't work out.

I was a Morning Person, ....................... and she was NUTS!."

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones December 13th 2017, 10:58 am

I know we love our wife. Yet sometimes they are truly from a different world. Every now and then I cock my head at my wife like a dog does when you do something it doesn't understand. Me and the dog are then in the same house. GRIN!

God knew what He was doing. We do need a helper to make us complete. With out them we would be really bad off instead of just a little out of tune with things...GRIN! My wife often reminds me to be kinder and to knot say everything I am thinking...GRIN!

Mark Jones
p.s. Last Man Standing. ... I have folks in Rangers tell me I remind them of that ...even my daughter said I so. It must be true!
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore December 13th 2017, 11:23 am

Mark Jones wrote:

God knew what He was doing.  We do need a helper to make us complete.  With out them we would be really bad off instead of just a little out of tune with things..

Oh, I don't know...................

When I was on the Team in the Army, we jumped out of airplanes, patrolled through swamps, attacked missile launchers, and placed explosive charges on bridges & railroad tracks.

Did just fine, without women...................

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool December 13th 2017, 9:08 pm

Claymore wrote: Did just fine, without women...................

Someone that lives close to Claymore needs to pay him a visit and have the "talk" with him.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore December 14th 2017, 12:18 am

joecool wrote:
Claymore wrote: Did just fine, without women...................

Someone that lives close to Claymore needs to pay him a visit and have the "talk" with him.

They get in the way of doing the FUN stuff...............

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett December 14th 2017, 4:29 pm

We need them to make children we can take out to do those fun things with!

Men who have passed stones probably understand the pain to a degree.

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool March 30th 2018, 10:21 am

RRCmdrBennett wrote: Men who have passed stones probably understand the pain to a degree.

Would that be the school district superintendent who wanted to arm his classrooms with rocks, in order to protect students against active shooters? How ridiculous.

The March For Our Lives movement (and all of liberalism) totally misses the point. Unless progress is made on curing the culture, nothing will change. I appreciate people who have written on how this can be done, but they're preaching to the choir. Who out there has a big platform and can make their voice heard? A politician? Lord, have mercy.

We've pretty much lost every battle in the culture war for the last 40 years. We need a Patton who can develop a long-term strategy and then develop the tactics needed to turn the tide of battle. Liberalism was patient, and cobbled together an alliance that worked in lock-step, pushing everyone in front of them like a tide of lemmings. Why can't Christians work together, instead of jealously guarding their rice bowls? I remember the Moral Majority back in the 80's, which was at least able to stem the tide for a time. Could Franklin Graham do it? Maybe Jim Caviezel? They're certainly not averse to speaking their minds on a wide range of related issues.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool April 5th 2018, 4:50 pm

The House of Representatives overwhelmingly passed a bill that would make $50 million available to help make schools safer. (Still have to wait for the Senate version, and then reconcile them.) Let's do a little math...hmmm, that could pay one year's salary for an average of 20 police officers per state. Yeah, that'll make a big difference. A feel-good band-aid while the culture continues to bleed us to death.

Aren't these the same politicians that authorized $500 million for Planned Parenthood? Sniveling, low-down, worthless, two-faced, conniving, hypocrites. And those are their good points. Slap
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett April 20th 2018, 5:43 pm

If you count benefits and employee insurance and soo well less than 20 officers. A resource officer didn’t help the kids in Florida.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool April 20th 2018, 11:25 pm

We made Bible curriculum changes this school year in response to alarming stories we heard about some of our past graduates. You know, stuff like going gay or getting thrown into a federal pen. We also decided to begin assessing our students' worldview on an annual basis.

Summit Ministries has a nice online test that gives an immediate assessment. Our middle/high school students averaged a 90% biblical worldview. Compare that with studies that say Christians average a 20% biblical worldview. Not bragging here, because we don't know if we're going up or down. Time will tell. Press on and don't let up. The devil and his minions never take a break.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 April 23rd 2018, 3:30 pm

RRCmdrBennett wrote: A resource officer didn’t help the kids in Florida.  

IF he had done his job, it probably would have helped Culture Rot - Page 17 3169784017

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett April 29th 2018, 1:36 pm

ccm2361 wrote:

IF he had done his job, it probably would have helped Culture Rot - Page 17 3169784017

Agreed if he had done his job. Then again really safety is also personal responsibility. Too many are over dependent on government for solutions. Local county and feds did their job we may never heard of this kid.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool April 30th 2018, 6:11 pm

At school, we became aware of stuff that was going on, primarily within a small group of students, but it was affecting a lot more. Had a Come-To-Jesus hour with 2 grades, getting them to open up. It's mostly outside culture rot, brought within our walls by newer students.

And that's the bigger problem. Last year, our school board told the superintendent not to say "no" to anyone. So we ended up with some sketchy kids and families. 5% of our students ended up being 95% of our problems. Will we continue to do this? How do we keep our 99 sheep safe, while we deal with the black sheep? Do we go back to more of a discipleship model (strengthening kids that parents entrust to us) or stay on the evangelism road, trying to save lost souls?

Anyone have insight? Philip, has your school dealt with this yet?

An
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool May 2nd 2018, 3:52 pm

Annnnnnnd, it's official. The Boy Scouts of America is no more. They have changed to Scouts, BSA (Bi-Sexual Adolescents?), actively recruiting and signing up girls beginning next January. This is on top of their gay scouts and gay scoutmasters inclusiveness.

But they're going to have to recruit female scoutmasters, and that will likely kill off the already shrinking Girl Scouts within 10 years. Meanwhile, the decline of Scouts, BSA will continue. What a shame.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore May 3rd 2018, 12:49 pm

joecool wrote:At school, we became aware of stuff that was going on, primarily within a small group of students, but it was affecting a lot more. Had a Come-To-Jesus hour with 2 grades, getting them to open up. It's mostly outside culture rot, brought within our walls by newer students.

And that's the bigger problem. Last year, our school board told the superintendent not to say "no" to anyone. So we ended up with some sketchy kids and families. 5% of our students ended up being 95% of our problems. Will we continue to do this? How do we keep our 99 sheep safe, while we deal with the black sheep? Do we go back to more of a discipleship model (strengthening kids that parents entrust to us) or stay on the evangelism road, trying to save lost souls?

Anyone have insight? Philip, has your school dealt with this yet?

An

Some people with kids with behavioral issues attempt to use "elite" organizations to solve their problems.

Sometimes it works (like in the Marine Corps). Often it just puts a burden on an organization, and causes it to have to lower its standards to meet the needs of the lowest common denominator.

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore May 3rd 2018, 12:55 pm

RRCmdrBennett wrote:
ccm2361 wrote:

Agreed if he had done his job. Then again really safety is also personal responsibility. Too many are over dependent on government for solutions. Local county and feds did their job we may never heard of this kid.

80% of the "School Resource Officers" that I knew were "Hiders". They were in a nice, kushy job. They often received Corporal's pay. They didn't have to respond to gory accidents in the rain or dead bodies found in houses. They got weekends & Christmas off, while the Patrol Pukes had to answer calls. They would never respond to a bar fight or make a 1-man traffic stop on a dark, secluded road.

The kids loved them. They gave D.A.R.E. Classes and handed out coloring books.

Do I know that Scott Peterson was one of that 80%? No, but the aftermath of the shooting kind-of points that way.

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool May 7th 2018, 8:32 am

Spent the weekend at a small retreat center, celebrating someone's college graduation and wedding. The owner was formerly a farmer who wanted more time for personal ministry. One of the things he does is help with a 6-church effort to reach rural teens with a joint youth group. Extraordinary. You just don't see many churches working together. The Mormons are trying to make it 7, but they're being held at arms-length.

I was also listening to a local Catholic radio show, where a young-sounding man was explaining his ministry. "Men haven't been shown how to be men...too many are cowards...they have no relationship skills...use the Bible to learn how to lay your life down for women..." Preach it, brother. Young people in rural America have been following urban culture for far too long, and need to snap out of it.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore May 9th 2018, 11:10 pm

It appears that, with the latest move by BSA, the Mormon Church has had enough and is pulling their 425,000 boys out of the (until quite-recently Boy) Scouts. The article says that this will be a loss of 1/5 of the Scouts' total membership.

https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/boy-scouts-lose-425000-boys-name/

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool May 10th 2018, 8:40 am

Claymore wrote: It appears that, with the latest move by BSA, the Mormon Church has had enough and is pulling their 425,000 boys out of the (until quite-recently Boy) Scouts.  The article says that this will be a loss of 1/5 of the Scouts' total membership.

I take no joy in the imminent demise of Scouts, BSA. A lot of boys will be hurt, both now and in the future. And the bleeding won't stop with the LDS withdrawal. Fortunately, there are other options out there. Hmmm. If they're patient, there might be a lot of camp property fire sales in a few years.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones May 10th 2018, 9:00 am

I figured this was going to happen. I am sure the LDS will have a version of Boyscouts th
at they can run that will meet the need of taking boys outside and teaching them scouting.

As with any new changes it will take a decade to get it to working nicely until someone with a new vision gets in there and jacks it up. GRIN!
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool May 10th 2018, 9:28 pm

Mark Jones wrote: I am sure the LDS will have a version of Boyscouts...it will take a decade to get it to working nicely until someone with a new vision gets in there and jacks it up.  GRIN!  

Somehow, I think the Mormons knew where all this was heading. As soon as BSA started to celebrate homosexuality, I have no doubt LDS leadership commissioned a group to start working on a homegrown program. Common sense, let alone a sense of morality, would have shouted from the rooftops. I may not agree with their theology, but a warm backslap to them for protecting their boys. Hmmm. What program do their girls participate in? The Girl Scouts have been pro-abortion and pro-homosexual for years.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones May 11th 2018, 7:11 am

I agree. I have a friend at work that is in the BSA with the LDS he wanted to leave 5 years ago. They are all probably hollering yes! They were in a quandary.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool May 13th 2018, 11:27 pm

I just had this real bad feeling. I've been on RangerChat for a few years now, and have noticed a disturbing trend. For a variety of reasons, a lot of us aren't in Rangers anymore. We want to be, but the program changed (or our bosses did). I know its been going on for awhile now at the national level, but when it purges hardcore members like ourselves, that's concerning. I pray that our new leadership in Springfield caught it in time.

I'm hearing that our children's pastor is looking for help. I wonder if he would consider bringing Rangers back. Might be a good conversation to have around the fire at next month's men's campout.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum