RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Book of the Month Club
by joecool May 11th 2024, 11:12 am

» Culture Rot
by joecool May 11th 2024, 10:25 am

» May 2024 Thread
by joecool May 11th 2024, 10:00 am

» What Your Outpost Did This Week.
by Claymore May 6th 2024, 1:00 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Jameskostich May 2nd 2024, 2:34 pm

» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool May 2nd 2024, 9:48 am

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool April 30th 2024, 3:15 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17124 messages in 1006 subjects

The Heavens Declare The Glory Of God

2 posters

Go down

The Heavens Declare The Glory Of God Empty The Heavens Declare The Glory Of God

Post by joecool May 21st 2021, 12:59 pm

You might recognize the thread topic as being from Psalms 19:1. It's one of my favorite verses, and not just because I like astronomy. Over the years, multiple scientists, including Nobel laureates, have been increasingly vocal about the logic behind a Creator as the best possible answer to the questions of Who? What? and How?

I am reading a new book by Dr. Stephen Meyer, quite possibly the best-known proponent of a theory known as Intelligent Design. Over the years, he has consistently pointed to a Designer, without actually putting a name to Him. That changes with "Return of the God Hypothesis," over 400 pages of the latest and greatest in physics, biochemistry and information systems.

I'm not going to claim to understand much more than 50% of the physics that I'm reading, but I do get the big picture about the exquisite fine-tuning of the universe. There are so many factors that need to perfectly work with all the other factors in order for life to be possible, it boggles the mind to try to comprehend the likelihood.

Let me give you an everyday example to put it into perspective - Hitting someone with a blast from your super-soaker gun. Think of the "shooter." Well-rested, motivated, able to move and think ahead, knows how to squeeze the trigger and so on. Think of the gun. Loaded with water, in proper working order, no leaks, etc. Now think of the "target." Physical condition, motivated, constantly juking, has his own gun, etc. Lastly, the environmental factors. Dark or well-lit? Windy? No ongoing earthquake, snow storm (Hey, don't laugh. I got 6" of snow yesterday.) You can probably think of others, but just using the above factors, and I'm no math major, it shows that the possible variation of factors in play against each other total 10 to the 16th power. That's a 10 with 16 zeroes after it.

Here's a quick line from the book: "Out of the many possible ways the available mass and energy of the universe could have been configured at the beginning, only a few configurations would result in a universe like ours (able to support life). The chance of it happening are estimated at 1 in 10 to the 10th power, raised to the 123rd power. How big is that number? The total number of elementary particles in the entire universe doesn't come close to it.

There are countless thousands of hard and easy examples from nature that clearly point to a Creator that you can share with your boys. They won't get this info at school. They probably won't get it at home, either. Reach, Teach and Keep. Educate your boys and girls before they are indoctrinated by the world. True science is exactly that. Renew their minds, so they have a ready answer for their faith.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

The Heavens Declare The Glory Of God Empty Re: The Heavens Declare The Glory Of God

Post by Claymore May 22nd 2021, 12:21 pm

I had similar thoughts, yesterday, as I was driving.

What a perfect world: It cleans itself. Water Nourishes the plants, cycles through the Ground, flows to the oceans, evaporates, then repeats the process.

Now if you live on the beach, and your house is destroyed by a hurricane, it may not seem so “perfect”. Maybe, the earth wasn’t designed for fragile structures to be built close to the beach.

But back in Moses’ day, if your tent got destroyed by the wind, it’s “Time for a new tent”.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

The Heavens Declare The Glory Of God Empty Re: The Heavens Declare The Glory Of God

Post by joecool June 7th 2021, 9:09 am

His ways are way beyond us, a mystery to our finite brains. Yet the exquisite design that is so readily apparent in the universe has allowed us to discover and understand more and more as time goes on. I know just enough of the sciences to be in awe of what God has created, whether mineral or organic. Creation is designed for us to be able to figure things out, little by little. Science, done right, reveals the glory of God.

But I'm clueless when it comes to His being omni-present, all-powerful and all-knowing. Will we ever know how He does it? Not very likely. But according to scientists over the last century, space and time are linked. Is it possible that God folds space, allowing Him to go forward and backward, here and there? And right about there, my fuse box switch trips, keeping my brain from frying.

I am content to know that He is here.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool June 17th 2021, 7:34 am

For many generations, physicists have dreamed of coming up with a single, all-encompassing "Theory of Everything." Einstein's Theory of Relativity, quantum theory, the theory of gravity, string theory...they all fall short of tying everything together.

I would like to spare them countless years of anguish, as they search fruitlessly within man's mind and on the blackboard's scribbled equations. The Theory of Everything has been right under their nose for countless centuries. It's contained in the first chapter of Genesis.

"Be still and know that I am God."
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool July 28th 2021, 9:42 pm

Wish I had a bumper sticker maker. This thought came to me tonight:

"Evolution - Did you know that it's still just a theory after 160+ years...and that it's getting weaker and weaker?"
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool July 30th 2021, 11:32 pm

How's this for a bumper sticker?

COEXIST...with pedophiles, polygamists and zoophiles.
It will be here in your lifetime, unless...(picture of a cross)
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool August 2nd 2021, 2:24 pm

joecool wrote:How's this for a bumper sticker?

COEXIST...with pedophiles, polygamists and zoophiles.
It will be here in your lifetime, unless...(picture of a cross)

Did anyone think I was a bit over the top with this one? More and more pressure from the elites and so-called experts...

The American Medical Association, commenting on transgenders, recently said "Sex should be removed as a legal designation on the public part of birth certificates...Requiring it can lead to discrimination and unnecessary burden on individuals whose current gender identity does not align with their designation at birth..."

Because we know better than the Creator, right? At some point in the future (IF there's a secular future), will people look back at our time and wonder how we could have been so stupid? After all, aborting babies and normalizing mental problems is like blood-letting and lobotomies in an earlier, ignorant time.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore August 3rd 2021, 1:39 am

I 100% agree with you, and understand where you are coming from.  My wife says that I spend way too much time and emotional energy on politics and the social/moral situation in this nation -- and on our struggle in holding back the godless horde.

However;

I look at life as a light combat patrol.  You only have so many rounds of ammunition that you can carry.  I can be angry with (and even hate) the enemy forces, but I am not going to expend my emotional ammo, unless it can do some good.

If you can discourage or inconvenience them (especially with minimal jeopardy to yourself) then, very good.

Do not expose yourself to enemy fire, if at all possible.  If you can hurt them without exposing yourself, then all the better.

Maybe, rather than taking the effort and expense of printing bumper stickers that will have dubious effectiveness, put together a back pack full of Trump, MAGA, NRA, and Republican bumper stickers.  Find a BLM, AntiFa, Mother Earth, or other Leftist Rally or Concert, and pay some kid 50 cents each for slapping the stickers on the participants cars, parked along the street (and tell him to run like heck, if anyone spots him).  Things will kind-of sort themselves out.

"The guerrilla must move amongst the people as a fish swims in the sea."

Mao Zedong

Just my point of view.  Your mileage may vary.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore August 3rd 2021, 2:35 am

Oh,

And raise the payment to $1.00, if they put your sticker over a “Biden”, “COEXIST”, or “Darwin Fish” bumper sticker.

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum