RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» May 2024 Thread
by ccm2361 Today at 10:23 pm

» Culture Rot
by joecool Yesterday at 8:26 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool May 11th 2024, 11:12 am

» What Your Outpost Did This Week.
by Claymore May 6th 2024, 1:00 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Jameskostich May 2nd 2024, 2:34 pm

» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool May 2nd 2024, 9:48 am

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool April 30th 2024, 3:15 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17130 messages in 1006 subjects

Break Point

5 posters

Go down

Break Point Empty Break Point

Post by Roguedawg February 9th 2020, 10:09 pm

The radio program "Break Point" was talking about the BSA decline and offered up other alternative boy's groups for families to get their sons involved in.  Royal Rangers, Trail Life USA, Boy's Brigade, and Royal Ambassadors were mentioned.

I don't know if you guys remember, but there was a Boy's Brigade adult leader that was a lurker on Ranger Forums years ago.  He eventually joined the forum and was welcomed as well.  I remember that the leader was from the Buffalo to Rochester, NY area.

I had a guy in my church that was involved in R.A. as a youth, but I did not know much concerning the ministry.  I was too busy worrying about the my Outpost at the time.

This past week-end was the 110th birthday of the BSA.  I was talking with some scouters recently since there was a promotion "The Mall Show" at the local mall.  It used to be a big hit with most troops and packs attending.  My buddy said there were only 5 troops in attendance.  Pretty pathetic since there were about 50 troops involved 10 years ago.  The scout executive that planned the event did not even attend it himself.  I heard that and was shaking my head over it.  

I heard this afternoon the local district executive (DE) resigned the past week, the Camp Ranger is out and the head executive is leaving at then end of the month to work for the Rochester, NY district.  Sounds like a mass exodus from the 5 Rivers Council.  I expect the council to close soon.  Even my old troop used to attend the mall show with around 25 youth attending.  I heard that only 3 attended.

By the way.  I am a NTO (New Troop Organizer) for Trail Life USA.  So keep me in prayer to start up new troops.  All I can say is that there is more souls to harvest in my area.  I thought about getting back into Royal Rangers, but I do not agree with RR getting out of the camping theme.  Trail Life has maintained this theme though.  I also know that my church will not support a Royal Ranger Outpost either.

Roguedawg

Back to top Go down

Break Point Empty Re: Break Point

Post by joecool February 10th 2020, 12:12 am

Roguedawg wrote: I thought about getting back into Royal Rangers, but I do not agree with RR getting out of the camping theme.  Trail Life has maintained this theme though.

Hi, Dawg. There's no doubt that overall, Rangers have stepped back from being a predominantly outdoors ministry. But each outpost still has the choice of how to minister to their boys. I personally believe that God's creation is the best way to do that. However, it seems that fewer and fewer men today are comfortable teaching outdoor skills.

My church's outpost folded about 4 years ago when the children's pastor wanted to do his own thing. He left a trail of destruction in his wake and is gone now. We have a new CP who didn't bring it back, but he dips into the RR bag from time to time. I'm teaching ropecraft for him this month.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones February 21st 2020, 8:59 am

Guys I laugh.   I am laughing at the comments.  Royal Rangers do camp.  Royal Rangers do Backpacking Trips.  Royal Rangers don't have to do these things.  I have 80 Royal Rangers and Friends of Rangers camping over night tonight in a Bat Cave where they have to backpack in to it along a river at night  

The old Johnny Barnes program can still be ran in the local outpost.  NO ONE IS telling US how to run our Royal Ranger program.  ONLY YOU AS THE LEADER choose what your going to do.  

If you as a leader want to sing silly songs with Larry  and never leave the church walls and never give out a merit badge you are STILL be a Royal Ranger that holds a meeting on a week night or sunday or when ever for about a hour to a hour and a half and have pledges some bible and a devotion and pay kick ball and give out snacks.  YOU are still a Royal Ranger.

If you want to attend Camporma and District Pow Wow and that is the extent of your camping and you do it in a bunk house and you have resources to pay for that your still a Royal Ranger Outpost.

If you want to be a Trail Life - Boyscout - look alike troop and call yourself a Royal Ranger you can do exactly that.  

Guys with the options open to us we can have ANY LEVEL of involvement in the Royal Rangers.  Please don't tell me or others that Royal Rangers don't camp.

http://readyrangers.tzo.com says that is a lie.  We average over 10 night camping night events in our outpost a year.  

Just because YOU can choose not to camp doesn't mean I am following your lead.  My lead is to be as good as or better than the Trail Life and the Boyscouts in what they are doing all the while pointing folks (men woman boy girl) to Jesus Christ and His Church.

So my truck is loaded with a brand new stihl chainsaw, spiiting malls, axes, saws pruner, wedges, gas, oil, gloves and my backpack that is full to the hilt.  Also there is 186 walnut crosses that were cut from a walut tree that was blown over on AG Headquarters Missions property that a Royal Ranger Leader cut down and called me to see if I wanted logs from it.  I did and took 7 of those 3 to 4' long logs home and resawed them into lumber.  These crosses are made from the CANTs. The bark sides that have some hardwood in them that is generally burnt up.  These walnut crosses were made by Royal Ranger Leaders to be given out to the 80 souls that come camp over night in the BIG BAT CAVE tonight. Temps outside right now are 20 degrees.    

We leave at 10:30 with a path clearing group that will also cut firewood for a 14' long 5' wide fire pit.  the other 65 will come down this evening walking in the dark along a river for a half mile to find a big warm welcome to the BIG BAT CAVE.

Royal Rangers do Camp.  I will be glad to stand nose to nose to ANY Boyscout or Trail Life group and compare my past in Royal Rangers.  So having said that.  I believe Boy Scouts and Trail Life are GREAT options for me as a leader if Royal Rangers ever stop camping.  I don't believe the leadership of the AG will do this and I will most likely go into Glory serving in the Royal Ranger Minisitry.  

Last month I just paid 3000.00 for a Canvas Tent to go camping with our Royal Ranger boys.  Facts are facts.  Let's build up the Boyscouts and Trail Life and Royal Rangers.  They are all led by fallen man.  They all make mistakes.  YET what they stand for is Good and Right.  

devil loves to still, kill and destroy.  I hope I am never part of his plan.

Well crap.  I have my truck loaded and have to pickup the latrine the boys lashed the last 2 wed nights so they can finish the green safety merit.  Yup were hauling this to the bat cave and digging a hole in the ground loading this up with Toilet Paper and see if the ole crap hits the bottom of the hole.  Haa… Never a dull moment in a Scouting type organization.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Claymore likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones February 21st 2020, 9:17 am

Did I mention we are doing a REAL Survival Action Camp in April. Last time 2 years ago we had 47 attend that camp. NO sleeping bags, pillows or cooked food for them. It's all RAW nature and when they prove a skill they get a RAW food item that they can cook in a tin can over a open fire.

Many of those will come back and do it again. Why because it's fun! It's a challenge and the Gospel is told and shown!

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Claymore likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones February 24th 2020, 9:10 pm

I hope my rant didn't hurt anyones feelings. I may have been a tad bit strong. If I did I apologize. It's just so easy to tear things down. I have been guilty of that. So I am ranting at myself here as well.

Mark Jones
p.s. We had a great time at the Bat Cave.
http://readyrangers.tzo.com/2020BatCave/2020batcave.htm
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore February 24th 2020, 9:44 pm

…………………...and THERE, folks is from a fellow who can see the Glass as being Half Full.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool February 24th 2020, 9:52 pm

Rant? That was just Mark being Mark. Wouldn't have it any other way.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Claymore likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones February 25th 2020, 7:04 am

Our outpost is working on the Global Missions Merit. We are going to Convoy of Hope TONIGHT and help stuff care boxes or a hundred other things that have to do with HOPE. These merits make me get up push off of my ole selfish desires and do something for others. I love that about Royal Rangers.
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Claymore likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Stewart February 26th 2020, 3:57 pm

Post by Mark Jones on February 24th 2020, 9:10 pm
I hope my rant didn't hurt anyones feelings. I may have been a tad bit strong. If I did I apologize. It's just so easy to tear things down. I have been guilty of that. So I am ranting at myself here as well.

Mark Jones
p.s. We had a great time at the Bat Cave.
http://readyrangers.tzo.com/2020BatCave/2020batcave.htm

This outing will be one of the most memorable that i have been on! and i have to say that so far that the SoMo District, and the Ranger Commanders have been among the most welcoming Group of people, I have been associated with  in a lot of years. I believe we were the smallest group there and possibly the newest group but  
we were probably the most welcomed and accepted!!!
Thank you
Fellow Ranger Commanders and Royal Ranger Members,
From SoMo and environs.
Dave Stewart
Sr Commander Outpost 372
Mt Herman Baptist Church
Olean, Mo.

Dave Stewart

Claymore likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones February 26th 2020, 4:01 pm

Hi Commander Dave. We had a great time. 23 degrees was a bit chilly but we all did fine. I enjoyed your group. Just released today a youtube video from the Morrisville AG guy of the Batcave. You and one of your Rangers was in it.

I will update the webpage with the link and the new pictures in a day or so. Rangers tonight! Working on Derby Cars!

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum